AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..10761077107810791080.. > >> Showing page 1077 of 1112
Author
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/22 09:16:06 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Cloudy and little warmer here.  The high temp will be 44F.
Nothing exciting on my agenda.  Dreaming of warm sand and Mexican sunshine.  

Gem,  OMG!  What a stinky mess.  

Everyone have a wonderful day!

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29473
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/22 12:46:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Rainy and cold here. Dreary. However, since it is 40F I am not complaining!

You are good to those cats Bernie. All of them (lucky Freddie).
Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5525
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/22 18:09:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hola BCrs

Wow lots to catch up on here.

Badger sorry about your BIL passing.  What good bro helping your sis during this difficult time.

PJ SC looks fabulous, what section did she stay at in the Bahia complex.  Our son and DIL were married there, (Akumal section). That was at least 7/8 yrs ago right Crunch?

Hey Craig and Hoppy

Gem, OMG my son mentioned not to turn my Roomba for this reason, but to see it in person YUK.  Those vacuums aren't cheap either.

Twirls I'm sorry you are so angry towards Chris.

MB I'm so sick of snow too...  Your niece should enjoy the surprise on Friday.

Meanwhile Zoey is doing well, have her trained to go pee on command and now this morning she pooped on command - Those little hurdles in life that make you excited to be her dog trainer.

Cindy you are so busy, glad Didi is doing ok. Moen has a good lifetime warranty, should be your last Fawcett.  Good story on the lion dog LOL.

Hey BeBe you having a Breakfast Club shrimp fest, LOL the word is out.  Brrrrr temps for you eh.

Everyone else make it a gooder.  Just finished making a brine for Turkey manana. Got to pop that sucker in - brine has been cooling in our big outside freezer....still snow on the deck too but finally raining. Adios

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/22 18:28:13 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  33 and light snow has been coming down for a few hours.  1-3 expected.  Got a good 40 minute walk in this morning.  6,400 steps; 2.25 miles. Then a trip to tan salon, grocery store, car fueled up and then some reading. And, I finally got that sheet of ice off the concrete driveway.  A couple hours of paperwork and two phone calls for credit balance checks to be remitted. 

Cindy, glad you were able to deal with the new faucet so quickly.  Had to google that breed of dog.  Completely understand how a person could be fearful of a dog that size.  

Sounds like the black kitty is warming up to you Bernie.  Have you named the two of them yet?

PJ, you've done a full loop in the short time you were gone.  I think you deserve a night out on the town or a special dinner prepared by SJ.  Your choice., of course. 

Jamie, are you all done now with the medical stuff; i.e, eyes and teeth?  And, how about that car?  

Hopefully Badger is doing well.

Gem, that is one frightful picture.  Glad the Rumba was the only casualty.  Thumbs down on that expensive doodad.

UpHill, that's got to put a smile on your face to see your fitness paying off in dividends.  That's great.

Crunch, is that a damp 40 degrees?   That always makes it feel "colder". 

SoSo, good job on Zoey's training.  Here ya on the snow although it has been an easy winter, thus far, compared to the last two.

Hi to those I've missed. Be well, MB.
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2020/01/22 18:44:40

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/22 20:15:35 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Evening 
Still here among the living.  Oral surgery early tomorrow so I may not check in tomorrow.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/23 06:04:07 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Light snow falling, maybe 1/4" so far. Just enough to make morning commutes a little slower.
Holly, hoping the procedure is relatively painless and all goes well.
Bernie, I don't think my new faucet is picture worthy...but it sure is nice to have moved forward from the 1980s! But I'll think about a picture for you, maybe, later. Still concentrating on getting my coffee quota and brain in gear at this point.
PJ, I'm with MB; you deserve a date night out with SJ.
Had a very brief chat with Badger last night, and I do mean brief; he needed to talk to Chris, but didn't have his phone# in his phone.  He made to Green Bay and is busy helping his sister sort through everything.
MB, I forgot to mention, as if having a 200lb dog wasn't unusual enough, the dog's name is "Lupino". Made me remember some ancient game show where the panel had to wear masks as they questioned "mystery guests". I believe one panelist's name was Ida Lupino, or maybe Ida Lupina.  Can't remember the name of that show...but it was way back before color TV. So weird what the brain remembers!

Thursday laundry day, need to get going. Have a wonderful day! 

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/23 06:37:46 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Glad you found out Badger was doing ok. Thanks for the update.

Awesome job on the dog training SoSo. Brine for a turkey? I know so little about cooking. Eating though....I'm a pro!

Good luck today Twirley. Hopefully this will help.  Feel better soon.

That is a really good brisk pace MB. Your a fast walker like me.

I concur PJ. You have earned a little reward meal.

Best get at it!
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/23 07:21:48 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Partly cloudy this AM turning to mostly cloudy by noon. Temp is 35F at 7:45 with a high of 57 degrees.

Yesterday was a normal day. Fed the beach kitties around 11. The orange cat happy to stay in the warmth near the house and I lift up the slat fence enough to get my food bowl underneath it. She seems to like the delivery service. Not sure where black cat likes to hang but it must not be too far away as it always shows up when I call.

I had the Shepards pie for lunch at Fibber's. Very good but also very hot. Takes a while for it to cool down so one can eat it. I'll have that again in the future.

Other than setting the trash out, not a whole lot planned. Probably will stop by Lowe's Foods on the way home from lunch.

Hi SoSo. Badger got that 'shrimp fest' thing started and of course, I went along with the fun. Yes, a little cool down here but nothing like what you guys get way up there in Canada.

MB, no, haven't named the two beach cats. Just easier to call them "black cat and orange cat". Ha !

Cindy, you know we all like pictures, no matter what the subject matter. Hee,hee.

Hi Crunch. I'll send you the formal shrimp fest invite in the mail. ja,ja,ja I KNOW how much you like shrimps.

Hey Hoppy Brewer ! Hope you and Debby doing well.

Must get the trash out and running a little behind.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/23 07:37:38 (permalink)
I didn't walk yesterday. Wind too cold.

post edited by Beach Bernie - 2020/01/23 07:38:39

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/23 07:40:08 (permalink)
Not a soul on either direction.

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/23 07:42:02 (permalink)
that's all folks

Weekend at Bernie's
Tomas
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8680
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/23 09:02:03 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Soleil Soul
PJ SC looks fabulous, what section did she stay at in the Bahia complex.  Our son and DIL were married there, (Akumal section). That was at least 7/8 yrs ago right Crunch?

2010, dearest. And again, GRACIAS! Our first beach wedding and it was awesome.

"Turn up the heat,
chill the rose,
stretch out on the beach
and let those metatarsals play"
(Rev. J. Buffett)
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/23 10:53:40 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Gray and rainy day here.  A high temp of 44F.  
Morning chores and walk about finished.  Having my coffee now.
Next up on the To-Do list is bathing the dog.  Try to groom her a bit.
After that will work on getting the Christmas tree stowed away.  Yup!  It is still up. 
SJ and I do have plans to go out to dinner this weekend. 
Want to take my brother and SIL out for a nice meal.  They were very kind to lil doggie and SJ
while I was away.    

SoSo,  SC and Zac stayed in Bahia Principe Tulum section of the resort.  
SC said they had a wonderful time.   But she still likes Oasis and especially Palladium resorts better.
We stayed in the Akumal section back in 2005 right after hurricane Wilma.  Our first trip.
Watched several weddings from the patio of our room.  Beautiful!  
Congrats to your son and DIL on 10yrs of wedded bliss.  

Twirls,  pray your extraction goes well today.  Hugs

Better get moving here...the day is fast getting away from me.
Everyone have great day!  Hugs

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/23 12:39:52 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Soso - almost a decade ago. Wow!

PJ - both our dogs need a bath.....just saying if you get bored.....
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/23 16:24:27 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good afternoon.  32 and a snow shower.  4" last night.  Between last evening and this morning cleared the drive. Slippery drive to fitness center but got there in time for a warm-up walk before my class. Then to bank, tan salon and back to chipping off the latest layer of ice off driveway.  Have to admit I've lost my ambition to get anything more done. 

Cindy, what an odd name for such a huge dog.  Lupino has an Italian origin for "little wolf".  The irony of it all.  You have a great memory to have recalled Ida Lupino.  I'm impressed.  Thanks for update on Paul.

Holly, hope you are resting comfortably and the procedure went well.  

PJ, enjoy your night out this weekend.  

Bernie, orange and black kitties work for me.  Beach pics were appreciated.

SoSo, enjoy that turkey.  Another family/neighborhood get together?  Ticker's looking good.

Hey Bimmy y Adrienne,  Have a great time in PV.

Kim, I'd like to think I am a brisk walker but there are a lot of folks passing me by.  But, thanks.

Later, MB.

janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/23 16:25:16 (permalink)
+2 (2)
This should put things in perspective for you-  ... It's been a while and the town is going crazy. 
We are one day closer to the Super Bowl!! 

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/23 16:38:28 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good one, JJ.  If that doesn't say it all, MB.

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/23 18:08:25 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Evening all
Tooth extraction went well.  Lucky for my driver and I, the roads weren't too bad although we had sleet and freezing rain most of the evening yesterday and into the night.  Overnight it warmed a bit and just rain to help melt it all.
Naturally I got the time wrong and showed up 1 hour early!  They had said 8:50 and to arrive 15 minutes early.  I thought they said 8:15 , so I got there at 8 sharp.  I almost went to sleep on their comfy couch in the waiting room before I was called.  Of course, I didn't sleep last night.
Still feeling fairly groggy although I napped this afternoon.

Bernie, the houses where the beach kitties are, ... are they rentals, weekend / summer homes or does someone live there year round?  

Pearl went to the groomer today while I went to the oral surgeon.  She has lost almost 2 lbs.!!

Cindy, glad you talked with Badger.  He sure to be a big help to his sister, both as personal support and physical help.  Its overwhelming when you lose your spouse.

PJ, I once had a tree up thru Valentines day.  I'd had it flocked and spray painted pink so it was too pretty to get rid of.  We took the ornaments off and just left the lights on.  Sometime after Valentines day, it was moved to the balcony, where it stayed till about March...the only apartment I ever lived in.  That was about 1982.
Although most of the Christmas stuff was organized, packed and put in the attic, I still have a couple of old bins to sort through in the office room.

Thinking of bed soon.

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/24 05:53:23 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Friday.

Finally back from my sister's, she is doing OK, I brought one of my younger sisters down there and she will stay for a couple of weeks to help get things sorted out. Thanks for your thoughts.
I also received the sad news that a lifelong friend and neighbor of ours had taken his own life, he was suffering from stage 4 cancer.
A great guy, who would help out anyone at any time and who had an unbelievable sense of humor. He will be much missed by many. His obituary is worth reading if you have a minute.

https://www.apg-wi.com/ashland_daily_press/thomas-lyle-ortman-jr/article_75a73758-3c80-11ea-969a-57a985cc3bcc.html

Twirls, glad your procedure went well!

I need Boat Drinx tonight.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/24 05:54:55 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
I've been doodling around on the internet reading the news () and playing games. Think my brain may be awake now. Weather is sort of drippy; we are right at the freeze mark temp-wise. Supposed to be more snow today & tomorrow, maybe a few flurries Sunday morning, and then finally a break in the snowy weather.

JJ, that photo reminded me of a long ago Christmas pic of my family, similar composition. Geez, I'm old. Maybe I'll have Chris try to find it. It's from an old Chicago Tribune Christmas piece from sometime in the early 60s. "Christmas on the Farm." The Reporter spent the entire day on Christmas Eve with us, taking photos and talking to each of us. We were the front page cover story. Maybe I'll have Chris see if he can find it.

Not much going on here, I need to clear the latest snow off the deck and front walk, then maybe take a run down to Costco for a few supplies.

Holly, glad it went well.
MB, I knew it had something to do with wolf, but didn't think it was "little". Too funny. That guy must be into irony.
Jamie has been absent. Hope everything is OK with her.

Need more coffee, have a wonderful day!

post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2020/01/24 06:51:40

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/24 06:00:19 (permalink)
Paul, you typed faster than me. Thanks for that obit. Choked me up and made me smile at the same time. Talk to you tonight.

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/24 06:37:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
What a neat obituary (does that sound weird?) Badger. Sounds like my kind of human. I am glad his pain has ended, but for you and his loved ones I know it is really tough.

Glad you are doing well Twirley. I am sure that was not any fun at all. Been there, done that.

Chipping ice off the driveway is enough for any day MB. Yuck. Hope it warms up for you.

Enjoyed the pics Bernie (nice and warm in my office lol).

Enjoy JJ. Sure hope they win.

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/24 07:29:51 (permalink)
Howdy and good morning all.

Partly cloudy this morning turning into showers around 11AM. Current temp is 51F at 7:35. High of 65 degrees. Thunderstorms moving up from the South tonight.

Got to the beach about 10:30 to feed the kitties. As usual, black cat responded right away and then orange cat started to meow behind the fence by the house. She then decided to walk around the front to get around the fence and joined me with happy meows and rubbing on my legs. I believe both cats were hungry and ate all the food fairly quick. Holly, I only met the owners of that house once on a weekend to ask about the kitties. They live in Charlotte and only come down on nice weather weekends. I believe they mostly rent it out during Season.

Tried something new at Fibber's for lunch : fried green tomatoes with bacon, lettuce and mayo on a sandwich. Kinda like a BLT but with fried green tomatoes. Very tasty. After lunch I stopped by the grocery store for more small bottled water; 8 oz size I usually put in my pocket when walking the beach. I have been using them to add to the beach kitties water bowl.

Glad your tooth removal went well Holly.

Cute picture jj. I believe my folks had a TV just like that one.

Badger sorry to hear about your friend. He had quite the life.

You are most welcome, Crunch.

Time to scoot. Oh, I forgot. The new neighbors next store started moving in yesterday. I'll try to meet them later today. See y'all, Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/24 11:09:57 (permalink)
Good morning BCers!
Gray clouds are still here.  Sharp wind is blowing.  A high temp of 44F expected. 
Slept very late today.  Pets were kind and let me be.    
Finished yard patrol.  Walked off all the creaks in the joints.  Ready to face the day.

Cindy,  wonderful picture of your family.  Would love to see the full newspaper article.

Badger,  so very sorry about the passing of your friend.  Hugs

Twirls, I hope you are doing well today. 

Bernie,  Fried green tomato sandwich sounds awesome.  Glad your temps are moving upward again.     

MB,  warm sun, soft sand, and a lovely sea breeze will be much better than chipping ice off the drive.

Crunch,  would love to help you out with bathing your dogs.  Though I don't think your babies
would be very happy about a strange fat lady in a bathing suit dragging them into the shower. 

Take care all!  Hugs

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/24 12:21:08 (permalink)
Evening all
Tooth extraction went well.  Lucky for my driver and I, the roads weren't too bad although we had sleet and freezing rain most of the evening yesterday and into the night.  Overnight it warmed a bit and just rain to help melt it all.
Naturally I got the time wrong and showed up 1 hour early!  They had said 8:50 and to arrive 15 minutes early.  I thought they said 8:15 , so I got there at 8 sharp.  I almost went to sleep on their comfy couch in the waiting room before I was called.  Of course, I didn't sleep last night.
Still feeling fairly groggy although I napped this afternoon.

Bernie, the houses where the beach kitties are, ... are they rentals, weekend / summer homes or does someone live there year round?  

Pearl went to the groomer today while I went to the oral surgeon.  She has lost almost 2 lbs.!!

Cindy, glad you talked with Badger.  He sure to be a big help to his sister, both as personal support and physical help.  Its overwhelming when you lose your spouse.

PJ, I once had a tree up thru Valentines day.  I'd had it flocked and spray painted pink so it was too pretty to get rid of.  We took the ornaments off and just left the lights on.  Sometime after Valentines day, it was moved to the balcony, where it stayed till about March...the only apartment I ever lived in.  That was about 1982.
Although most of the Christmas stuff was organized, packed and put in the attic, I still have a couple of old bins to sort through in the office room.

Thinking of bed soon.

Page: << < ..10761077107810791080.. > >> Showing page 1077 of 1112
Jump to:
© 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5