AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..10761077107810791080.. > >> Showing page 1076 of 1112
Author
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29473
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/20 06:39:36 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Darn the GBP. What the heck? As Tony Romo once said...............Football is Football

I will be following the shrimp lol. 

Those dogs sure won the canine lottery C&C. They are so cute.

Have a fabulous day all! Stay safe on those roads MB.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/20 07:36:30 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Well, Winter finally hit the coast : 32F at 7:00 with only a high of 44 degrees but mostly sunny skies. Tonight's low 28F. No bueno !

A great win for the Chiefs; bummer for Green Bay. The way that San Fran played, it might be tough for K.C. in the superbowl.

Yesterday my beach kitties had to eat in the light rain. Hope they have a warm place to sleep at night. Other than the trip to OIB, I stayed inside. Got a load of laundry done and vacuumed the wood flooring. Had bean soup for lunch and a little snooze before the game.

Bob, good news on the snowblower part. I remember those snow removal days and DO NOT miss them.

Welcome home PJ. It's always good to come home.

jj, no need to cry about the Chief's victory. Time to celebrate for now. I'm scared about the superbowl.

Crunch, I'm sure all the Packer's fans appreciate your rooting for their team. I was also pulling for them, unfortunately all the 'wishing' didn't help a bit. Boo hoo.

Hey Craig, it has been a while and nice of you to drop into the ole Breakfast Club. You are welcome to post some pictures when you get back from Coz. We all like pictures !!

Badger, no problem with you having Cindy tag along. Just be aware I only have 3 guest beds; others might have to sleep on the floor.  Oh, I have place setting for 11 people ( I broke one plate ). I will need you to send a "head-count" for the shrimp fest. Might as well let MB and Crunch know what is going on. Gonna have to rent some of those long folding chairs and tables.  Sounds like I will be meeting the shrimp boat !

Time to get a moving.
See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
hoppybrewer
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 429
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/20 09:15:20 (permalink)
+1 (1)
how about those Chiefs !!!! 50 years is a loooong time. Badger, sorry about the packers. A Super bowl 1 re-match on this nfl100th anniv. would have been great.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/20 09:38:03 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Cloudy with a fine snow falling.  Current temp 24F.   A high temp of 35F this afternoon.
Winter has returned to the South.  Burrr! 
Trying to wrap my head around what needs to be done around here first.
Guess I'll go with the laundry. 
Wishing you all a wonderful day!  Hugs  

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/20 09:59:19 (permalink)
+1 (1)
CONGRATULATIONS CHIEFS!  And so sorry about the Packers.  I remember watching Superbowl #1 with my family and some neighbors.  I was also hoping for a rematch only this time KC would win.  I admit I am worried about playing SF.  
JJ., I did cry when Mahomes ran for and made his TD.  To think of being that age and all he has accomplished and his talent.  Incredible!

Frank, it was a phone interview and there was no "we'll get back to you".  When I admitted to using opiates that concluded the interview.  I suppose it what's to expect when the country is in the middle of an opiate crisis.  Those of us who really need them and don't abuse them will pay the price.  

Speaking of being honest, I'm learning that sometimes it just doesn't work out when you are honest.  Particularly with friends.  I'm not going to lie about anything but don't ask if you don't want to know my answer or voice your opinion if you don't want to hear mine.   I don't like being brutally honest but when I've already tried everything else possible then sometimes I spit out the ugly truth...like with Chris.  We've gone round and round about his drinking.  I didn't take him to raise.  He may love me as his best friend but to me he is still an employee.  Yes, we share conversation and some mutual interest but I will throw him out in the cold and (try to) not care, if I have to.  I have rules about things I can't deal with.  I've watched too many people drink themselves to death and die under my nose.     Perhaps I will just starting beating around the bush but never actually answer a question...like a politician without feeling anything.  I'm trying to learn the art of that but haven't quite managed that feat.  I am trying to learn the art of just changing the subject when someone says something controversial.  Yesterday a friend called to see how and what I was doing.  I told her I was going to watch to football games, knowing that she doesn't like football.  She responded that football was just a modern form of slavery!!!  I dropped that one fast, wondering what she was talking about.  After thinking about it, I know where she was going....  that poor kids, mostly black, are forced into it to get into college.  Not going to step into that!

On a lighter note...
PJ, glad you made it home with no mishaps.

Bernie, you are a good big brother.

Cindy, you do have a lovely touch with floral arrangements.  I like those very much.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/20 10:03:36 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Hi Craig in WI and Hoppy Brewer!

I broke my streak yesterday and smoked 11 cigs and had 3 SMALL glasses of wine.  But I ate a good dinner!

Try to enjoy your day!
Craig in WI
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 4150
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/20 17:04:11 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hey, Badger!  I see the beautiful beaches on the webcam, but they looked just like that the day before we headed down to Akumal last time.  The sargassum assault began that night and never let up!  Just can't take that chance again!

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/20 18:24:05 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  14 now with a low of 1expected.  Woke to a dusting of snow and tried to shovel, but there is thin layer of ice still on the driveway.  Got about half done and was off to my doctor appointment, which lasted about two hours. The roads were a mess again this morning.  Got home around noon and finished up the driveway.  Off to Walgreen's, returns to TJ Maxx and tan salon.  Niece and I were going to get together today for a pre-BD celebration but she had spent most of the day with her Mom and they had shared a meal somewhere.  Told her we would stretch it out till after her BD on the 24th.  Her BF is planning a fun evening for her and all her life-long girlfriends on Friday.  Surprise!!

Bernie, I think those beach kitties need a little cat house for protection and warmth.  You up for that?  You can certainly count me with the rest of the shrimpers.

Cindy, that's encouraging news about the new Pastor.  I'm frankly worried about the length of time it is taking to fill our current vacancy.  Think I will talk to a few of the council members, that I know.  The annual congregational meeting is next Sunday.  

PJ, too much to do I'm sure.  Bet Cudi, Elphie and PJ are elated your're back.  When does SC begin new job?

That was a fun game to watch Holly.  Look forward to watching Mahomes pull off a win.

Hola Badger.  Can you buy that coconut candy anywhere in the Akumal area?  

Kim, just curious how old Isla is?  Such a pretty girl.  

Hi to all I missed.  Be well, MB.

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3798
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/20 19:07:19 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Hi PJ, glad you made it back home safe and sound.

C&C, beautiful pics of both the floral arrangement and Sophie and Joey.

Hope your weather improves, Bernie. Maybe the kitties can find a crawlhole underneath a nearby house to escape any rain showers, etc. Shrimp sounds really good!!!
You haven't mentioned any dates lately, taking a break from online dating?

Hi Craig, so good to hear from a longtime LG member, don't be a stranger, say "Hi" now and again. Would love to hear about your trip to Cozumel.

Bob, I am kind of with you, when I watch football I enjoy the big plays, guess I am just not interested in the finer nuances of defense. Hope you are enjoying your skiing and get your snowblower fixed.

Hey Twirls and jj, the Chiefs played a heckuva game, they are really tough, should be a good Super Bowl for a change. But the pregame was too darn long, almost 3 hours here in the LA area where the game started at noon.

Badger, sorry about the Packers, I was mildly rooting for them on your behalf but they played a disappointing game. In fact I turned it off when the score was 34-14 or so in the 4th and some nut in the announcer's booth was saying "There is still a chance". He needs his tinfoil replaced. I switched over to a rerun of Love Boat which promised more suspense.

Had a big scare over the weekend, late Friday my PC developed serious problems as in V E R Y slow response, like 10 minutes to login or more, etc. Geek Squad was quoting a 3 week lead time and I was trying to figure out how much I need to pay my nephew to drive me over to Best Buy for either a repair or replacement (it was the computer, not the Internet, solitaire would not load either). When I was messing around with the touch pad mouse I clicked on something and a menu came up with a selection of "Scan with Windows Defender". I moved the cursor with the wildly spinning blue circle over to it, clicked and hoped for the best. Today everything was back to normal, thanks be, since I am a total biotch when my PC acts up. So in the end, everything worked out OK, no idea what caused the problem, virus, something was overloading the memory.

Hope all is well at work, crunch and that Tomas gets some relief.

If someone talks to Pam, hope she is doing better. Does she have any ideas what is causing all the horse deaths at Santa Anita racetrack here in SoCal? News said another horse or two has died, the total deaths in the last year or so is over 30.

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/21 04:42:28 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Twosday.

Nice to see you here Hoppy.

MB, I've never seen those candies in Akumal, next time I get to PM I'll try to find more for you.

Jamie, yeah, those announcers want to keep the viewers from switching channels, that's why they say that.

Bernie, I'll be sure to give you a headcount before we leave, but if it doesn't warm up there, we might wait a while.

4F here right now, but warming to 25 later today.

Going back to Green Bay today to see my sister, might be gone a couple of days, not sure if I'll have internet.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/21 05:57:47 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Hah! We are 1 degree warmer than Badger. 5F with -5 wind chill. Temps will rise a bit tomorrow to mid-twenties with snow forecast every. single. day. through next Sunday.
Home plumbing adventure was a disaster. Went to Ace to replace those regulator things. Couldn't find the correct size, but the guy helping us said the O-rings were shot, and we replaced them. So far, so good. Only out $.89 per ring. At home, tried to get everything put back in place. The piece that holds everything down for the hot water side is stripped, wouldn't grip at all.  In the afternoon, DIL brought the kids up for a visit after their dentist appts. She's pretty handy, and we fiddled with it some more. Showed Chris the stripped piece and he ranted for a while that we should have just ignored the drip, and then called the plumber. They will be here between 1 and 3 today. The whole faucet assembly is over 30 years old. We have quite a bit of iron in our water, things are a bit corroded. May have to replace the whole shebang. It WOULD be nice to have a higher arched faucet...sigh. In the meantime while all the adults were preoccupied, Didi decided to climb up the back of one of our VERY heavy  steel-framed with hardwood seats kitchen chairs. It came down on her with the steel back landing on her legs mid-shin. A lot of tears, I iced her legs for a bit, and then she was up and running again. Pretty sure there will be some bruises today, though.

Late in the afternoon, the dogs began barking wildly. Looked out the window to see the snowmobile trail groomer chugging it's way through the fields. Then came the actual snowmobiles. They must REALLY look like a threat, the barking was non-stop. I was afraid we wouldn't get any sleep at night. Thankfully the dogs settled down quickly once we were all upstairs. One die-hard was already out there buzzing around just a few minutes ago (it's 5:30 am right now), set them off again. Ah, winter in Wisconsin. 

MB, I know many churches have vacancies, just not as many people coming out of seminary. A shortage of qualified Ministers. I think our church had a bit of an edge, it is a big and very active congregation, with large quota of young families; makes it a little more attractive to candidates. Wouldn't hurt a bit if you got involved in the call process, maybe push for some one fresh out of seminary...some churches can be reluctant to call an inexperienced candidate.

Jamie, glad your 'puter is OK. It can be so frustrating when they act up and get weird.
Holly, hope you are feeling better each day.
PJ, I'm betting SJ is very happy to have his roommate back, not to mention his "starcher in chief" 

Have a great day, all!

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/21 06:45:56 (permalink)
+1 (1)
LOL Jamie on the Love Boat rerun being more exciting Glad the computer is ok.

Hope it is a good and productive trip Badger. Hard stuff you are all going through, but I am sure your help means so much to your sister.

What a day Cindy. Tomas hates plumbing stuff. That didi!

MB - just about 12 years old. She is a very unique dog and we just love her like crazy. As we do Tuco (my dog husband lol), but he is also 12 and really showing his age as he is a bigger dog. He is super mellow now, and sweet, but he gets energetic like a puppy at times. Holding my breath a bit with him as 12 is pretty senior for a dog his size. Work is good (just busy).

Party at Bernies! 

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/21 08:28:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)

It is a bit chilly along the coast this AM. Current temp 27F at 7:55 although it will be mostly sunny today. The high will be around 44 degrees and there will be gale force wings starting at 3PM. Hoping folks facing zero and below temperatures can get some warmer weather soon.

Yesterday I got to the island around 11:30. Black kitty greeted me with loud meows but I didn't hear from orange kitty. Finally after a few minutes she showed up at the house next door; did not seem very interested to go around the fence to come see me. I brought her some food and she ate a little and then she left to go back somewhere behind the house. Maybe there is a warm "cubby place" that she likes to get out of the wind. I am reluctant to go snooping around someone's house so will just try to keep an eye out for her each time I drop by.

After cat feeding time I drove to Fibber's for lunch. Imagine that ! hee,hee. The inside was packed and the only place to sit was at the bar right next to the wait staff server station. The tuna salad sandwich was good.
Stopped at Lowe's Foods on the way home for a few items.

Hi Jamie. Weird about your computer and hoping it is OK now. No, I have not given up on dating. I have just decided not to discuss any of that here on the forum.

I agree with you Badger. Would be better to wait for 'shrimp fest' when it's warmer weather. Safe travels to and from your Sister's house.

Cindy, I am also not a fan for messing with plumbing issues. In the past I have replaced toilet parts inside the tank and also replaced 'O'-rings inside the faucet but a good plumber is the preferred method. Hope those snowmobilers go find another place to have their fun. I don't fault the dogs for barking at them. I would do the same ! hee,hee. Please stay warm up there.

MB, I could build a small place to shelter the beach cats but where to place it ?  All of the property at the parking lot, including the stairway and beach access walkway, is governed by the town of Ocean Isle Beach. Probably would not pass 'muster' with the City Council to place a shelter in place for semi-feral cats. Although I feel sorry for the beach kitties, I can only do so much for them.  Like I mentioned to Cindy, stay safe and warm and also try to be real careful on the ice around your house.

Crunch, you funny : "party at Bernie's" ja,ja,ja

This Bernie must get moving.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/21 08:56:02 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Cindy- I always learn new inflections on curse words when Mr. JJ does any plumbing.
Sometimes, I stick around for it, but most times, I take that time to do my errands.... and sometimes, I just make up errands to do.   

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/21 09:36:59 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

"He needs his tinfoil replaced. I switched over to a rerun of Love Boat which promised more suspense."  Jamie, so funny I spit my coffee and LOL!  Sometimes you come up with a great point of view!

Cindy, you were trying to save a 30 year old faucet?  Why bother?  Shaking my head over that!  
When I was young and owned the resort, for my birthday I asked for and received my own set of pipe wrenches (from Jay who was a great plumber and taught me a lot) and I got drill bits from Mom.  I was pretty handy back then.  One night I was under a cabin putting a compression fitting on a hot water line leak.  There were 2 guys staying in the cabin and one insisted that he get under the cabin with me to see if he could help...I didn't need him.  So while hot water is spraying on me and I'm laying in the mud on my back, just to make light if the situation (the guys were in town on a job and wanting to shower at the end of their day), I looked at the guy observing and jokingly said "So is this your first time of laying in the mud under a cabin with a woman who has her own pipe wrenches?"  I guess he thought that sounded suggestive while I was just being silly.  He started making an excuse to stop by my cabin every night.  I avoided him till they finished their job and checked out!

I keep thinking I'm getting better with this upper infection thing but then it comes roaring back as I finish my 2nd round of antibiotics since I've been home.  I've heard this from others who have had it.  
My gut pain is severe at times and other times nothing.  Seeing the gastro Dr next week.
The lymph gland in my neck is still large, hard and hurts.  CAT scan is scheduled.
Oral surgery is Thursday AM, but the weather is looking like ice and snow.  My driver is my neighbor who has to take her young kids...

Every morning we have "Bird fest" in the back yard.  The swimming pool is covered and there is a pump in the middle of the cover to pump off the rain water.  There is always a bit of water around it as the pump shuts off when the water level is about 1/2 deep.  It doesn't freeze because the pool water is deep and warmer.  With the bird feeders and fresh water, we have a critter party every day.  Sometimes there will be as many as 15 or 20 birds drinking and bathing.  The squirrels even get fresh water there.  Quite entertaining on dreary winter morning's.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/21 09:51:37 (permalink)
+1 (1)
My PC was acting up but I wanted to say Poor Didi!  I'm glad she wasn't badly injured.  Kids climb on everything which is why we now have brackets to attach furniture and stoves to the wall.  I remember climbing a bookcase and pulling it over on me.  I was about 6 and remember thinking this is risky but I didn't care and it wasn't the last time I did something while thinking the same thing.  Hard headed as my dad said.  I have 3 step stools in this house but occasionally I still try to climb on something else that is handier...

Badger, safe travels to GB and back.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/21 10:40:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Blue sky and nippy outside.  Current temp 24F.  High of 38F.
Did the walk around back driveway with lil doggie.  Cleared a few limbs off
the driveway that had fallen during storms while I was gone.  
Stoked the woodstove and loaded the washing machine with bedding.
Was a bit stiff in the joints when getting out of bed.  Pretty much walked that off now.
Sure enjoying the pics Mr and Mrs ZZ are posting from Barbados.  Happy birthday to Mrs. ZZ!
Also belated happy birthday to Maple!     

Cindy,  SJ is glad to have me back home.   Will be using that starch today. LOL
Have managed to build up quite a stash of Flautless Magic Sizing.  
All the clothes I ironed before leaving are now washed and waiting to be ironed.
Poor Didi...hope she doesn't bruise badly.  Good luck getting the faucet fixed or replaced.

Badger,  wishing you safe travels.  Your sister is going to love you even more for
helping her is this difficult time.   Hugs    

MB,  SC started her new job today.  The required iron-gray scrubs arrived while I was still in Raleigh.
I had bought her a pair of gray New Balance athletic shoes on clearance.  Gave them to her for Christmas.
She wasn't very excited about them.  But suddenly she was thrilled to have them to wear with the scrubs. LOL
The eye doctors have multiple offices in and around Raleigh.  SC will be the front office relief person.
Going to whichever office needs help for the day.  Between her job and classes...she is about to become
very busy.   Want to wish your niece a very happy birthday!  I hope she enjoys her BF's surprise.

Bernie,  sure hope this cold snap doesn't last long.  Missing your beach walks and beautiful pics.

Uphill,  hope all is well with you.      

Jamie,  sounds like some website grabbed onto your computer.  Running programs in the background you can't
even see on your screen.  I have had that happen.  Glad you were able to get it turned loose by running virus ware.
While in Raleigh I had very high-speed internet.  Now back to slow-mo boonies internet.
How is the extraction site in your mouth doing?  Hopefully healing nicely.  

I'll leave you with this last beautiful pic from SC and Zac's trip to Bahia Principe.
They had the resort photographer take it.

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/21 12:59:03 (permalink)
Wow. What a picture!

Bernieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.............I loved hearing about your dating and giving advice. Dang!

Hope you are turning that corner Twirley. Good you have all that stuff scheduled.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/21 18:14:04 (permalink)
Good evening.  16 and fair skies.  The days are certainly getting longer.  Woke up around 2 this morning and just had the hardest time getting back to a sound sleep.  Finally just got up out of sheer frustration as a zillion things were running through my mind.  Ugh.  Was out the door at 7:30 a.m. headed for the grocery store.  Unpacked things and headed for gym.  Warm-up walk was great and then the fitness class.  Really, really like this instructor.  She focuses on strengthening the core, balance, use of hand weights, small balls, yoga mats, stretching and toning. Meeting lots of new gals. Enjoying the camaraderie and occasional biatching when the body says "no mos".  All different fitness levels but doesn't seem to bother anyone.  Got some reading in and then spent a few more hours relocating items to the lower level.  

Cindy, Didi is a tough little girl.  Hope she did okay today,  Interesting comments on today's call to ministry.  Was talking to two gals at the gym who just lost their Catholic father.  They were concerned that their church had become a training camp for those who had just completed their seminary training. Hope you get that plumbing figured out.  

Badger, was thinking about you and your sister today.  Hope you get a lot figured out and done.  Going to take some time.  If  you know of a place in PoMo that I can stop at in March, let me know. 

Bernie, well maybe someone, with a house nearby the pier, is already providing some shelter for those kitties.  

Pam, the pic of SC and Zac is so beautiful.  The back of that dress is amazing.

Kim, you crack me up with the dating comment.  With all that loving and good care, pretty sure Tuco and Isla have a few more good years.

Holly, please stay on top of all that health stuff.  

Jamie, hear ya on the technology stuff.  Glad the PC is working okay now.

JJ, a few expletive words have been known to be said here when I attempt a repair....

Have a pleasant evening all.  MB

Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2447
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/21 18:52:28 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Just a quick Hola from me.   Been busy with littles, also finally knuckling down and purging things that haven't been touched in years.
Enjoy reading everyone's daily posts.  I truly do.  Everyone has such wonderful families and friends.  Where would we be without them?
Spent the day with my Mom.  She's doing really well.  Seems to have a bit of her old spark back.  Tomorrow is their big "bling" luncheon.  Prime rib is on the menu so they all are looking forward to it! She really is in a nice place, I can only hope I will be so lucky.
Thought I'd share a photo from Monica.  It seems one of their German Shephards got out of her kennel the other day while they were at work.  Monica has one of those Roomba vacuums that is automated to run an hour every day before they get home from work.  Oh Lordy, you can only imagine what happened!  She walked in to a nightmare!  So warning to everyone...don't program your Roomba to run unless you are home to monitor!  Needless to say the vacuum is long gone,  the dog is still there

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3798
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/21 20:04:55 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Holly, please keep the dental appointment, I think the tooth is causing some of your other problems. If you are worried about your neighbor driving you in bad weather, how about using an Uber if available or even a taxi?

Well, speaking for myself, I miss the Adventures in Bernieland, but understand you may not want the advice of many on here including myself Good luck.
Deleted User
  • Total Posts : 52
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/22 05:42:39 (permalink)

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/22 06:07:26 (permalink)
Good Morning
Gem, that is just so gross. Made my stomach flip. Gag. I'll be sticking with my upright Shark and my own two eyes.

Met the plumber at the door to prepare him for the dogs, since they are very..."enthusiastic" with their greetings. He said "no problem, I love dogs." I had the under sink area all emptied and cleaned, which he appreciated, and it didn't take him long to say if I were you, I'd replace. Went back out to his truck to get my new Moen faucet set, and brought his phone with to show me HIS dog. OMG! I'd never heard of this breed! Russian Bear dog, also known as Caucasian Shepherd. Massive animal; his weighs in at 200lbs! Gorgeous. Turns out he was a professional dog trainer before he got his plumber's license.  He laughed and told me, "I've never had any kind of run-in with the police, but since I've had this dog, 3 times!" First time was his own neighbor, who knew him! The dog was in it's large fenced in kennel area in the back yard, around Halloween time. For fun he had groomed the dog giving it a huge ruff so it looked like a lion; neighbor reported to cops he was keeping an exotic animal! The other two times were when he was just walking the dog on a leash, and people freaked out at the size. When the cops showed up, he demonstrated how well the dog was trained, all with hand signals. Now they know, and haven't bothered him since. This 200lb dog's "best friends" are a French bulldog and a little bitty lap dog that his mother owns. He is raising his 3 kids on his own, ex wife had some severe mental health problems and is now in a care facility. Anyway, long story, but super nice guy, and I love the new faucet.

Strong south wind, had to put my hip into opening the front door for the dogs this morning. It will bring some warmer temps, mid to upper twenties, so that's a good thing, but maybe some snow tonight.

Talked to DIL yesterday, no bruising at all on Didi! She IS a tough little girl!
PJ, gorgeous photo! Might be hard to top in the wedding pictures!
Bernie, sorry if you felt us gals were ganging up on you... We meant well. 

Have a wonderful day!

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/22 06:41:54 (permalink)
Poor Monica. What a thing to come home too. My MIL is doing well at her place also Gem. On Sunday she was a riot. Her humor was spot on and I was cracking up. Didn't know when she was messing with me and when it was her memory issues. The ALF is not perfect, but they are doing a great job. I mentioned in an email to the health director she might have a bladder infection and they contacted the Geri NP who sees her there, sent out the urine, got the culture back, got the orders for meds, got the meds delivered. All without me having to "ride herd" on everything. Very pleased. 

I would have loved to have seen that dog Cindy. What a cool sounding dog and the plumber sounds like a great guy. Good news about Didi.

You are getting a good deal with the dinner thing Bob. Amazing price and sounds fun. 

Your class sounds very cool MB. I would be doing that if I had time. Strong core is such an important thing as we "age" 

Hope things are going well for Badger and his sister.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/22 08:10:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)

I'm not caring for this thing called Winter ! Ha. Current temp not too bad : 31F at 7:45. High today supposed to be 52 degrees with sunny skies. High winds though. Hope all others in the "great white north" are able to stay warm.

Yesterday when I pulled into the beach parking lot I spotted orange kitty laying in the sun next to the house on the right. Parked the truck and called for the kitties to come get their food; the vocal black cat appeared right away with his normal loud vocals but female didn't want to walk around the fence to get her food. That was a little strange as she is so friendly, so I walked around the fence at the front of the house and delivered her bowl. Curb service ! She didn't eat all of the food so the black cat got another few bites. It was quite windy yesterday so maybe orange cat just wasn't motivated to leave her sunny warm spot.

After I left the island I went to get a trim at my barber shop and then lunch at Fibber's for a tasty large BLT. After I got home I decided to take a little nap in my easy chair with my favorite cat. Freddie also thought it was a fine idea.

PJ, thanks for the nice picture of SC and Zak. Sounds like you are "back into the groove".

Hi Gem. That was a real mess,  for sure !  I had a Roomba once when I had a 2nd home down in Florida. The rooms all had tile flooring so it did an OK job but my results : it was an overpriced toy.

Bob, good luck on the ski race and hope the bearing puller is a worthwhile investment.

Cindy, glad you got that new Moen faucet. Moen offers a lifetime replacement warranty. A picture of the new faucet would be nice.

Hi to everyone else. Coffee all done so catch y'all later.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Page: << < ..10761077107810791080.. > >> Showing page 1076 of 1112
Jump to:
© 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5