AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..10711072107310741075.. > >> Showing page 1075 of 1092
Author
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/18 05:30:42 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Looks like around 3" and still coming down. Right at 32F, later on may have wind gusts to 40mph; this appears to be light and fluffy snow so there will be blowing and drifting. Not planning on going anywhere today.

Thanks for checking, Crunch. Maybe DIL had it wrong, but that is what she told me. Or perhaps they were reluctant to take him as a Medicare patient. I don't know, but they were helpful to the Sioux Falls doctors, looked at all his info and charts, etc., and advised on treatment and surgery. Maybe it was as simple as "you don't need to move him, here's how to fix him." I did not intend to spread false rumors. My apologies to all, and especially to Frank.

Had a fun chat with P&B last night, although I think all 4 of us were yawning. Yawns catch even over the internet, LOL.
Have a great day all, snowbelters, bundle up!

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/18 06:43:52 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Rumor Spreaders, it's Saturday.

Got back yesterday, not a lot of time to catch up here, but will later. 

Forgot to tell the BC that I think all of my problems are over, I received a phone call saying that I had won the "PublishING" Clearing House sweepstakes and I will be immediately getting 8 million dollars, plus $5,000 per month for life AND a brand new white Mercedes. Woo Hoo!! And all I have to do is give them my bank account info so that they can start depositing the $$$!

Snowing heavily here, we got about 3" so far, with more to come.

Wag more....bark less.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/18 06:49:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Cloudy with a chilly temp of 32F here.  The high temp will be 49F with rain moving in tonight.
SC and Zac's time in paradise has come to an end.  By all reports they had a great time.
Will be picking them up at the airport this evening.  Tomorrow around 1:00 PM I fly home.
Looking forward that!
Wishing all of you a great day!  Hugs

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/18 07:46:12 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning.  25 and cloudy.  Got around 8" of snow, most of which I shoveled yesterday.  Was out earlier this morning and maybe a half inch.  Was hoping the plow would come through again this morning while I was all geared up. Temps will be dropping all day and wind gusts up to 45 mph expected.  Not going anywhere today.

PJ, that trip sure went fast for the kids.  Wishing safe travels for all.

Cindy, you silly girl; no apology needed.  The health care system has become so complicated and then add in all the caveats.  Mayo is tricky and the patient's residency plays a role in the payment outcome most likely because of their multiple locations...

Badger, sneaky banditos.  

Make it a great day all.  Later, MB.

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/18 08:20:26 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone

Woke up to a cat howling " M E O W ". Why darn if it wasn't Freddie telling me it was one half hour past her feeding time. All is good now. Cool this morning and cloudy skies for today. Current temp 37F at 8:15 with a high today of 60 degrees and rain starting late tonight.

Fed the beach kitties yesterday around 11 o'clock. Someone had already dumped a pile of food on the sand under the walkway. I could see where the cats had eaten into the pile but they like my Rachel Ray brand better. Besides, I use little plastic bowls and that has got to be more healthy, si ? Poor kitties.

Went to Fibber's for lunch and had one of my favorites there : egg salad sandwich. MB, I do plan to eat at Roberto's, maybe a couple times a week. When Chet and I had dinner there this past Thursday, Dave (the Owner and head chef) made it a point to stop by to say 'hi' and that he was glad to see me again. I did appreciated that. 

Cindy, I bet the dogs do not like going outside in the cold snow and gale force winds. Yuck.

Badger, I'll take the white Mercedes if you don't want it. Hee,hee. How could you resist that offer ? Hope you can get a break from the snow.

PJ, I know you are excited to get back home and get to see your fur babies, plus hubby. Safe travels.

Stay warm, MB.

Ready to have a bowl of cereal and get my start for the day.
See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/18 08:29:24 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning!
Woke to freezing rain yesterday morning.  Did a nice little ice dance trying to get the trash to the end of the driveway.  Trash trucks didn't even come yesterday.
Mr JJ's physical Therapy was cancelled.  I decided to work from home.  Freezing rain through 2:30-3:00.  Then temps warmed up to 35 by 5:00.   Most of the ice is melted now- still a few spots on my deck.  I'm sure the roads are fine now.  They closed the airport because an airplane slide off the tarmac while taxing to leave.  (is that the right terminology?)  All flights were cancelled until later in the evening.  All flights from TN to KC were cancelled.  Today, in the 20's with high winds.

The town is painted Red and we are all excited about the game tomorrow.
Go Chiefs!  Go Packers!

House is smelling good with cinnamon rolls in the oven. 

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
janjon
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/18 08:32:00 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Badger-  you lucky dog!  That's so exciting!  Send me your account numbers as well so I can monitor it for you

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/18 08:58:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all
Still here.  My absence wasn't due to power outage.  We did have ice on trees but not as bad here as the forecasters anticipated.
I'm just not feeling good.  My RA Dr always asks if my meds are working fine...How do I know?  I wasn't sure the Humira was doing anything for me.  Nothing changed when I started it and I still take the methotextrate.  When I was in Mexico for 20 days and I didn't have Humira, I didn't seem to have any issues.  I did do a shot when I got back about the 24th.  I decided to see if I could push it longer without it.  The answer is NO.  Between the antibiotics, the supplements RA meds, etc., I feel like I am overloading my tiny body.  I wasn't sure how much of the feeling bad, if any at all, was due to lack of Humira but yesterday I woke up with my skin hurting from fabric on it.  That's one of the symptoms I originally had before I was diagnosed with RA.  I took the Humira shot.  Spent most of the day sleeping as much as possible to keep from being miserable.  At least I can answer the RA Dr and know from fact that it's helping.  
Also still working on being an ex smoker.  Only had 7 yesterday in 14 hours.  I'll get to none one of these days soon.  

I tried to get into the Mayo last year when my back was so bad.  One of the first questions in the interview was "Did I take any opiates?".  At the time I was taking 2 Hydrocodone per day and I answered truthfully.  That ended the interview...  I haven't had any since last January so maybe I will try again.

I now have an appointment with a Gastro Dr and MY GP ordered a CAT scan.  I assume for this gland on my neck which is getting bigger.  I just want to feel better.  

At least I have a couple of football games to look forward to.  I hear KC is favored to win but I still think it will be a tough game.  The weather is going to be very cold and maybe that will be to our advantage.  I'll also be cheering for the Packers.

Not much else to say and I'm already tired of typing.
Later. 
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/18 09:02:26 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Badger,  I'll trade my free government grants for your Mercedes!

HI JJ and Mr Mark.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/18 16:39:44 (permalink)
+1 (1)

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/19 03:53:48 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning, I think.
5F with wind gusts to 30mph., wind chill -15. Fast in and out for the dogs. Hard to tell how much snow we got with the blowing and drifting. Local news reported 6&1/2" for our area.

I forgot I took that first picture; those are the silk flowers I was getting out of the attic when I dropped the stairs on my forehead, LOL. Tried and failed to get a picture of Joey taking a snow bath. Doesn't it look like Sophie is thinking "why do we have to be out HERE?!". I certainly don't want to be out there, so can't blame her.

Our plowing guy will be here so we can hopefully make it to 8am church service. First sermon for new guy. With this weather, they may be thinking they'd like to be back in Florida. Their 2&1/2yo is a cute little tow-headed guy, Mom is very pregnant with a little girl arriving soon.  

Badger, I'd at least like a ride in that Mercedes.
JJ, LOL!
Holly, feel better!

Coffee cup needs a refill, have a great day!

Video
Pix
YouTube

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/19 06:05:18 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning Doggies, it's Sunday.

Twirls, sorry, but Bernie asked about the Mercedes first, so I plan to drive it out there and trade the Mercedes to Bernie for a meal of fresh shrimp. Good news though, once the 8 million arrives, I'm going to fly the entire BC , first class seats only, to Mexico for a couple of weeks and I'll pay for everything. JJ, watch your mail for my account numbers.

PJ, hope you have a smooth flight today, with no weather delay.

We got about 10" of snow in total, spent an hour snow blowing yesterday, today I think I need to clear some more from the roofs.

Only other plans are to try to drink the Chiefs and the Packers to victory.

Wag more....bark less.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/19 08:10:24 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy and good morning all.

Cloudy skies today with a tad of rain this AM. Hard to believe it is 60F now at 8:12 yet tonight a low of 29F. High today 63 degrees.

Yesterday I did my usual visit to feed the beach kitties and then lunch at Fibber's. Had the yummy bread bowl with Irish stew. Got a call from Debby yesterday. She seems to be dating this one guy a lot. He lives in Wilmington and they go out to dinner, movies, wine tasting, etc.....it's that etcetera that I'm concerned about. hee,hee. We talked about getting together for a dinner one day and grilling some shrimp. She wants me to meet the boyfriend. Oh my !

Not a whole lot planned today except the two later NFL games. Crossing my fingers for both the Chiefs and Packers. Tough opponents though.

PJ, you should be getting home in time to catch some of the 1st game. Safe travels and no problems !

Cindy, pups don't look a bit happy in that snow.

jj, go Chiefs !!!

MB and Badger, stay warm for the big games today. Paul, let me know when you plan to drive the Mercedes
down. I'll need to get some shrimp to grill for you and Babs.

I'll catch y'all later. Happy game watching.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Deleted User
  • Total Posts : 52
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/19 09:21:14 (permalink)

Craig in WI
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 4150
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/19 13:51:22 (permalink)
+4 (4)
I'd best jump in to wish all my old friends here a good day.  I do stop in from time to time but usually have not a bunch to say.  Probably due to the WI weather...my fingers keep freezing!  Will try to solve that problem in a few weeks with a trip to Cozumel.  We decided to try that since the last 3 trips to Akumal have coincided perfectly with the sargassum.  Just doesn't seem to work out for us any more.  I figure if we stay away the rest of you can enjoy the sandy beaches!

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6067
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/19 15:16:18 (permalink)
+2 (2)
TwirleyB

I tried to get into the Mayo last year when my back was so bad.  One of the first questions in the interview was "Did I take any opiates?".  At the time I was taking 2 Hydrocodone per day and I answered truthfully.  That ended the interview...  I haven't had any since last January so maybe I will try again.

Twirls--Was the interview by phone or letter?  Do you thing your answer was the reason you didn't hear back?  Pretty rude not to let you know why you haven't gotten a response.  Which branch of Mayo did you call?

Cindy--No apology needed.  Your intention was good.  I would have called them anyway to get answers to any of my questions.  Thought I would ask here before I called Medicare and was put on hold for forever.

Crunch---Thanks for the clarification and checking on the Medicare.

Hey Craig--Hope things are going well.  Enjoy Cozumel.
post edited by CallMeFrank - 2020/01/19 15:29:58
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/19 17:49:49 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Congratulations to the KC Chiefs!

Made back from Raleigh safe and sound.  Rolled into the driveway at about 4:30 PM.
Good to be home!    

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29471
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/19 17:50:35 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Enjoy Cozumel Craig. Where are you staying?

Awesome job by the Chiefs. I was rooting for them for Twirley and JJ.

Go Packers! I want a Chiefs Packers Super bowl
Craig in WI
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 4150
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/19 17:59:59 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Crunch...Casa del Mar.  Nothing special, but the same place we stayed in 2000, our first and only stay on the island.  At least it'll be warmer than WI! 

And Frank...Gracias.  All things well, for an old guy, anyway!

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/19 19:15:33 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening. Early church this morning; the roads were really icy. Was glad that I didn't have to venture out the rest of the day.  

Welcome home  PJ.  

Cindy, how did your new minister do?  Those two dogs just look like they belong with one another.

Congratulations to the Chiefs, Holly and JJ.

Bernie, looking out for your sis is a good thing.  That was nice of Dave to greet you.  

Badger, painful game for Aaron so far.  Dang.

Enjoy your Cozumel trip Craig.  

Have a good work week Crunch.  

Back to cheering on the Pack.  MB

janjon
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/19 20:48:28 (permalink)
+2 (2)
I definitely ugly cried. I’m Having a hard time believing the Chiefs are finally going to the dance!

I’m so sorry Badger. I wanted the Packer’s to win.

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/20 04:57:44 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Badger

Only other plans are to try to drink the Chiefs and the Packers to victory.

Badger-Apparently you didn't drink enough.  For the Super Bowl drink something other than 3.2% beer!  GB sure did look bad.  Thinking about switching my allegiance to San Francisco instead of the Chiefs.  My brother told me he is not a KC fan because the owner of the Chiefs was one of the owners that voted for the Rams being moved to LA.  Owner said St. Louis didn't need a team.  You know he was just trying to pick up the St. Louis fans to add to his fan base.  Well the heck with him. 
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/20 05:15:11 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Football Fans, it's Moanday. 

Frank, that may be true, but I've been a closet KC fan for a long time, Go Chiefs!
Pretty ugly game by the Packers, they really need to upgrade their defense.

Welcome back, PJ!

Craig, the webcams are showing very little seaweed on the mainland, but I'm sure you'll have a great time on Coz, please check in more often.

Bernie, I'll let you know when the Mercedes arrives, you might need more shrimp as we will stop by to pick up Cindy on our way.

Wag more....bark less.
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/20 05:26:47 (permalink)
+1 (1)

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/20 06:00:52 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Congrats to the Chiefs!
for GB. At least they finally put some points on the board. Was SO hoping for Chiefs/GB Super Bowl.

Welcome home, PJ.
Nice to "see" you, Craig. Drop in more often.

MB, new guy was pretty awesome for first gig. Even had the kids very engaged in the children's sermon. I think he's a keeper. And the dogs are bonded now, makes me smile when they cuddle up together. Sophie still worries Joey's tail and ears sometimes, but we are working on curtailing that behavior. Both are jealous of attention, have to do a lot of two handed petting.

Yes, Bernie, extra shrimp! I REALLY like shrimp!

Haven't checked the weather page yet, but the wind has finally calmed down, so that is a good thing. Guess we'll have to tackle the snow on the deck today, need to have it cleared in case the oil delivery shows up. Chris is home today for MLK, have a lot of little jobs for him to tackle. Have no idea what they are called, but the little gasket thingys inside the kitchen faucets must be shot; getting too much dripping. Trip to Menards or FleetFarm after the laundry is done.

Have a wonderful day!

Video
Pix
YouTube

Page: << < ..10711072107310741075.. > >> Showing page 1075 of 1092
Jump to:
© 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5