AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..10711072107310741075.. > >> Showing page 1074 of 1079
Author
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/15 19:20:53 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  8 and partly cloudy. Actually wasn't all that bad earlier this morning. Started errands early around 8 and go back home around 10:30. Did some reading, changed the bed sheets and a load of wash done. Got to say I was rather happy that it was a bust about 1-3" of snow this morning, at least not in south metro.

Pam, your daughter is so photogenic.  Such a beautiful young woman.  Nice of the neighbor to help out.

Crunchie, the bottled 17 oz. sparkling flavored water is called "super chill ice" or "sparkling ice".  Many different flavors but I must say I tried the strawberry lemonade today and did not care for it. Way too heavy on the lemon juice concentrate and no hints of strawberry recognizable.  

Bernie, good thing you were there feeding the kitties so you could call out that dude with the unleashed pup.....weird.   Time to buy the tires and book yourself a tropical flight. 

Cindy, hope the back is feeling better today.  Nice you got a break with dinner out.  Bonus that Mom will house sit the dogs.  The way January is clipping along, you better get that luggage out.

Holly, for sure got that tooth checked out.  Dental infections can wreak havoc with your general health including heart issues.  If this is a source of some of your problems, that's an easy fix with the extraction.  Just keep chipping away as your own health advocate.  So very important.

Badger, I'm not looking forward to Friday's snow prediction.  Arghhhh.  Praying things work out smoothly with your sis.  It's a whole lot to deal with especially when distance is involved. Hugs.

Edit: Jamie, you have a habit of sneaking in right before I post.  You are a sneaky one!! Hopefully things will work out with the car battery with some added help from others.  Sorry it's such a PITA.  

Hi to all I've missed.  Take care, MB. 
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2020/01/15 19:27:37

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/16 05:15:58 (permalink)
Good Morning Herring Lovers, it's Thirstday.

PJ, that SC is sure a beautiful young lady, glad they are having fun.

Twirls, my harem?!? 

Jamie, I still think that there is something draining your battery, we can leave Babs' SUV sit for long periods of time, even during our winters and it always starts right up. 

Crunch, my sister seems OK with the move up here, biggest problem is that she will be moving to a small apartment and right now she has a house full of "stuff".

MB, we only received about 2" yesterday, but might get a lot more this weekend.

I'll be working out of town today, not sure if I'll be back this evening or not until tomorrow.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/16 06:22:08 (permalink)
Good Morning
14 right now, with a wind chill of -6 and a howling wind. Doggies did not linger very long outside. Rather an abrupt barometer change, was feeling and moving very well yesterday until the afternoon when I noticed my hands were not functioning like they're supposed to. Very stiff still. Oddly enough, my foot was no worse, and my back felt OK as well. Go figure.

We had some light flurries yesterday, but even though today is very cold, the sun is supposed to come out. Haven't seen sunshine for several days, so looking forward to it. Unfortunately, that will usher in the "clear and cold" overnight, probably be even colder tomorrow until the clouds return and the snow starts falling...I think maybe the weather guessers were embarrassed by how off they were on the last snow event, only have a 2-4" prediction on the weekend snow totals. No snowmaggedon warnings.

Paul, good that your sister is OK with moving. Now, the question is, how good will she be with winnowing down her "stuff"?

Holly, I echo other comments on the tooth.  When I was in junior high (now they call it Middle School) I had some extensive orthodontia. My orthodontist also taught at Northwestern U. He also was one of the first to do research on the connection between teeth and other bodily ailments. The guy who eventually married my best friend (long divorced now) also went to the same orthodontist. As a child, he suffered from an endless round of ear infections and numerous other health issues. Doc used him as a test case; once his teeth were straightened and otherwise fixed, all the other ailments disappeared. Once when we were chatting, he said, "it was like a miracle". Doc used his case in a thesis he published. So my advice is get thee to an oral surgeon! NOW!

Other stuff I meant to comment on, but I need to get going on the Thursday laundry.
Stay warm and have a great day!

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29470
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/16 06:40:56 (permalink)
Gorgeous kids PJ.

Jamie - I did find velour track suits at JC Penneys so check their online store. I believe the malaria pills are for Roatan.

Stuff! We have finally dealt with most of MIL"s stuff and got rid of the boxes. Kept only what we thought siblings might want at some point as far as pictures etc. that stuff is in the attic. Took some to her assisted living for her and then rest made for some excellent and helpful donations for the greater good. Thank goodness that the memory issues have taken away MIL's hoarding and need for stuff. After 92 years!

Twirley - believe me, I understand how hard it is to be your own advocate when you hurt and feel like crap, but it is so true that you have to. Unfortunately.

Thanks MB. I will look for it.

81 for a high yesterday, now raining buckets and temp dropping into 40's today. Craaaazy!

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/16 08:14:45 (permalink)
Howdy and good morning to everyone.

Another partly cloudy day for the coast. Repete of the past few days : current temp 62F at 6:46 and the high expected to be 70 degrees. I hope to enjoy it before the cold front moves in tomorrow. Lows in the mid 30's

Got to the island about 11AM yesterday and no need to call out for the beach kitties. They saw my truck and were ready to eat by the time I had the food bowls in my hand. Loud MEOW's. Me thinks they were saying "move it along here Bernie...time to eat". I always stay to watch them as they eat and then collect my food bowls. The orange kitty comes over to me and gives her loving thanks for the food. The black one eats a little slower and hangs back to see if there will be anything else. No sign of the guy and his dog. Too late to attempt a beach walk and the next low tide was not until 6:30PM.

For lunch I tried a Reuben sandwich at Fibbers. It's not normally on my list but I had a hankering for one and gave in. Very good. After lunch I did my grocery shopping and then gassed up the truck.

Last night I checked flights again and looked at pricing instead of using points : $550 to $650 R/T on A/A. Not the worst but not the best price either. Also priced United and Delta. Everyone seems to be in the same dollar amount and plenty of available seating.  I will keep checking and see what if anything changes. 

I know MB, flying to Cancun just isn't much fun any more. Not to worry. I will 'settle down' and make a decision.

Badger, please be careful driving to your out of town job.

PJ, very beautiful pictures of your daughter. Glad she is having fun in Mexico.

Sorry Holly. My situation is totally different in that I have very good medical insurance through both Medicare and full secondary coverage through United Health Care that pays everything that Medicare doesn't cover. I realize you don't have very good health insurance and your Primary doctor is a chiropractor and can't help you very much, plus you continue to smoke cigarettes. It's not my place to offer any medical advice. Prayers sent and my sincere wish that you get better.

Time to get ready for the day and go feed the beach kitties. Trash already out.
See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/16 09:02:01 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Cloudy and cooler here.  Winds are to pick up and the temps are drop into 30s by tomorrow morning.
The kids went to Tulum Ruins yesterday.  Had a very enjoyable day.  
Zac really enjoyed the shopping area before the ruins. 

Waves were rough.  Stairs to beach were closed.  Kids didn't get to swim as planned.
Still a most beautiful view.  

This pic made me think just how fast life goes by.  Have a series of pics like this from the
time SC was 11 yrs old.  

post edited by PJamigo - 2020/01/16 10:37:32

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/16 09:26:30 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Thanks for the reminders, Crunch. Jamie, yes Roatan. Last year I couldn't find my pills, which I know I had packed. We were cutting Chris' in half and sharing them that way. (Naturally I found mine on the last day, we divvied them up and continued to take them until gone as "insurance". I had actually gone to the pharmacy there to see if I could get some replacements, the pharmacist said "you don't need them, we haven't had any Malaria here in 15 years." But our Drs recommend them, and there is a ferry that runs between the mainland and the island...Honduras is still considered Malarial, and I doubt the mosquitos know that they're not supposed to hitch a ride to the island. So we follow the Drs orders. Better safe than sorry.

PJ, great pictures! What fun. Happy couple.

Crunch, I get the sparkling water that the brand name is "Ice". Many flavors, but I prefer the pineapple coconut, too, and also the orange-mango. Have to hide it or Seth will drink up my whole stash.  It is produced by the Talking Rain Beverage Company out of Preston, Washington. Zero calories and some vitamins & minerals.

And now, back to the laundry.

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/16 09:29:48 (permalink)
PJ, you snuck in before me. Lovely pics, love the first one...the MOODY look.

Video
Pix
YouTube

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6067
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/16 10:28:14 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Badger

Crunch, my sister seems OK with the move up here, biggest problem is that she will be moving to a small apartment and right now she has a house full of "stuff".

Badger

Badger---Make sure you find one with a basement.  Doubles your space.    Do you even have basements way up Nort?

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/16 10:53:20 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

PJ, SC is so photogenic and beautiful.  BTW, I will get to that project with the china soon.  When the Christmas stuff goes in to the attic, I will have enough room available to get those packed up plastic bins inside to pack for shipping.  I know that moving companies have pre made "dish packs" for just that.  Shipping dishes without breakage.  I'll let you know when they will be shipping and how.  

I now have an appointment to get the tooth extracted a week from today.  The same oral surgeon I saw last year, who specializes in implants, agreed to do it even though I'm not getting an implant.  I'm so thankful about an appointment so soon but he had a cancellation.  I also have a Gastroenterology appointment on the 29th!  I had gotten a referral from my GP in December but I never got a call.  I did receive a letter while I was still in Mexico but between the holidays and being sick, I hadn't scheduled.  

Bernie, you are always good for a laugh, I have to say!  #1 I do have good insurance.  Although I have a deductible which isn't horrible, after that it pays 100% of everything.  #2. GP stands for a General Practice Dr, as in your regular "family type"  Dr.  He's certainly not a chiropractor.  #3 Yes, I am still smoking but I've cut it down by 1/2 since Mexico.  I will be quitting.  I'm determined.  Previously I didn't particularly want to but now I do.  
I don't know about NC hospitals but I don't think you can check yourself in to any hospital anywhere without being admitted by a Dr.  When you are in the hospital, you are assigned a "hospitalist".  Your regular Dr. is not a participant.  I've gone in by ambulance and examined and sent home to see my Dr.  Not admitted simply because you want to be, which I don't want to be in a hospital unless it's absolutely necessary.  Can anyone else tell me if it's different in your area?
I am glad you corrected the guy with the dog.  

Jamie, many people prefer dogs over other people and most dog lovers will probably agree.  I love my dogs but they can be a PITA like some people...

We are also having a cold blast prior to the impending ice storm and another following it.  Rain is expected to start tonight and turn to ice.  Naturally the most purple area, indicating the most ice, is right over our small area.  They still are trying to nail down the forecast.  If I don't post over the weekend, then I'm without power.

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/16 12:26:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I think  it is the same everywhere. First you need a regular doc to admit you and presumably they have worked you up and can justify the admission or no insurance coverage.

However, if you can pay the full cost yourself (cash deposit required) then places like Mayo will happily work you up and can probably even refer you to a doctor.
barata
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 4426
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/16 12:27:00 (permalink)
+2 (2)
“We had a city hall wedding, my friends all laughed.  They started betting how long it would last.  
Some gave it a week, some gave it a year. Now the honeymoon’s over and we’re still here” - 39 years later and Juan still puts up with me (lyrics by Steve Goodman)
Warmest temp the last few days has been 0 F.  Must be warming up though cause that’s what we started with this morning. And lots of snow.  Looking forward to Roatan in a couple of weeks. 
Sparkling water drinkers, invest in a Soda Stream.  Makes sparkling water with CO2, add your own flavours.  Saves on all those plastic bottles, better for you, no added sugar.  I use a tablespoon of frozen orange juice in mine.  Have also used cranberry and Pomagranite and dilute my hard cider with it. 
Feeling for everyone who has lost loved ones, have aches, pains, and illness. So nice to have a judgement free place to cry and complain.
Carry on breakfast club...
BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6877
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/16 12:59:35 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Happy Thirstday Clubbers

Crunch...When I first read your post about Tomas' feet, I though it said generic, not genetic. I'm like, **** is generic feet I'm still laughing as I'm typing.

Twirls...I certainly hope that the tooth extraction solves your issues!

Badger...Sorry I could not imagine moving. I'd just soon strike a match. Plus, I really don't think I can live near people anymore after being out here so long.

That's about it for now. Waiting on the farrier.

Love you all!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/16 18:31:04 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  Woke up to -9 but still headed out to gym. Got in a 15 minute walk before fitness class.  Then off to monthly RN visit followed by a tan appointment and returns to Kohl's.  Then some reading and hot shower.  This day flew right by. Under a winter storm warning starting around noon tomorrow into 6 p.m. Saturday.  Very heavy snow and wind expected so for now I am planning to get out in the morning and then hunker down afterwards.

Cindy, had to laugh about your Seth comment.   I'm with you on the malaria pills. Looks like you and I will be getting some more cardio in.  Have you tried curdito y baleadas in Roatan?  Saw both being made on a cooking show this afternoon.  

Holly, great news about your appointment in one week.  

Crunchie, wonky weather in Texas. Great job powering through MIL's move and dealing with her belongings.

Hola Beach Billy.  Nice of you to check in.  Please do so more often.

Good to hear from you Rene.  Congratulations on 39 years.  Hope you and Juan have a fabulous trip. 

Bernie, expensive flights.  Dang.

PJ, thanks for sharing the pics.  Bet SJ and the fur babes are missing you.

Badger, that's a whole lot of change for your sister.  Any other family members that can help out?  Makes sense to have her closer to other family, which I assume are more in your area.  Just makes it so much more challenging with the distance factor.  Wish you all the best navigating all that needs to be done.  Prayers and hugs.

Hi Frank.  How's that pup, Scarlet?  Was that her name and do you still have her?

Hi to all I've missed.  MB

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/16 22:19:05 (permalink)
Yep MB. Her name is Scarlet., the one she had at the rescue shelter.  Here she is with one of her sisters.  She is doing fine.  Sleeps a lot and gets along with the cats great!  I think she as afraid of them as one is pretty aggressive.  How come cats aren't as smart as dogs?  Guess one had to be better than the other..

post edited by CallMeFrank - 2020/01/19 15:21:53
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/16 22:23:27 (permalink)
crunch

However, if you can pay the full cost yourself (cash deposit required) then places like Mayo will happily work you up and can probably even refer you to a doctor.

Crunch--Can you please explain this to me.  Thanks a million
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/17 06:19:07 (permalink)
0 (4)
Howdy folks, I'm more of  lurker these days, but I am checking in. It is proving to be a very active winter, I like that! I've skied 45 times already this season, and attended many social events as well. Yesterday, was our first Ski club bowling night, at the new bowling lanes. I set it up, and we may do this once or twice a month for the season. I know it is bad form to set something up and then just win every game, but....  It looks like some will come back for more. It was fun. Tonight, I'll be helping a friend out and then heading to a local church supper to benefit a housing work trip to the Dominican Republic. They are having a lasagna dinner, and I love lasagna!

Many of you know I have a pretty good snowblower for my driveway. 5 years old. And it is broken. I need that machine, some 7000 square feet of driveway to clear. A wet heavy deep snow just doesn't ... well, I did buy a push scoop which works fairly well. Anyways, I've ordered the part, from the manufacturer, as none of the repair shops around here have the part. They have back ordered it! So, I made arrangements with a friend to do it for me when he does my neighbor's driveway. When (If...) I get the part, I'll change it out and bring the old one to a welder and see if it is repairable to serve as a back up should this happen again. Just life happening. 

Yesterday, we got some 10" of snow on the mountain. I know, out west, they measure snowfall in feet. Here we measure in inches, and 10 inches is a lot. We were skiing newly opened trails and having a blast. I only fell twice on the new glade trail. One of the falls, I literally stepped out of my ski and was skiing on one ski, but a tree was coming and I wasn't really confident I could turn on the one ski, so I laid down. That tree was getting bigger and bigger! LOL!!! No injuries of any sort!

PJ. that are some nice pics!

Bernie, more beach pics!!!

MB, hola!

Wishing all here the best of health and happy thought! Have a great day!

Lovin life,
Bob

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/17 06:24:50 (permalink)
Good Morning

1F. That is our current temp, not the military "unfit for duty" designation. Snow starts here after 4pm today, after the temps rise to possibly 28. Might get 3-5" overnight...

Milwaukee made the national news last night, not in a good way. 25yr old woman went to emergency room with shortness of breath and chest pains. She was worked up, and sent back to waiting area. After 6 hours of waiting, she left in frustration to go to an urgent care place; died of heart attack before she got there. Big black eye for Froedert and the Medical College of Wisconsin. And that is the health care network that we use. So sad.

Learned while DIL's father was so very ill with heart issues that places like Mayo do not accept Medicare. Sioux Falls wanted to transfer him there; nope. (But Mayo did talk them through the surgery he needed.) Just FYI.

Last night Chris sent a FB "happy anniversary" message to Renee and she messaged back to Skype at around 6pm. Was great to talk with them. Of course, they are getting tons of snow up there...( in the mountains near Lake Louise and Banff) They are going to Roatan very soon, sorry we will miss them by several weeks.

Beachbilly, "generic feet".
On that note, have a wonderful day! 

Video
Pix
YouTube

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/17 06:47:10 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone. 

Little cooler today along the coast. Sunny skies all day. Currently 43F at 6:33 and the high 49 degrees.

Yesterday visit to feed the beach kitties was a normal trip. I walked the walkway over the dunes to get a peek at the ocean. Weather forecast had called for 20mph winds and it was already high tide. No day for the beach and no walk either. I did have 1/2 rack of babyback ribs at Fibber's with fries. Fabulous ! I sinned.

Chet and I went to Roberto's for dinner last night and sat at the bar. I had the bang-bang shrimp and Chet had the Chicken Fettuccine. I was told by the bartender that Andrea had quit Roberto's and will be leaving in a few weeks to go back to Arkansas to take care of her Mom. 

Today I will take my recycle material to the one of the dumpsters at the satellite recycling center. That will work out fine for me as it's only about 3 miles from Fibber's. Beach cats/recycle/lunch. A great day !

MB, Cindy, Badger. Looks like bad snow storms heading your way. Please stay safe and warm.

Frank, thanks for the picture. I forgot that your cat likes to hang with scarlet.

Hi Crunch. Hi barata. Hi BeachBilly.

Hope you get that part soon for your snow blower, Bob. In the meantime, ski and bowl away ! Not at the same time, though. Hee,hee.

Time to scoot along.
See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/17 06:47:58 (permalink)
Frank - their appointment people are used to assisting patients to find the best provider to see them based on the issue. Then that provider coordinates everything so you get a full assessment and testing in a timely manner by the right people for the tons of people who travel there because they cannot be helped by their local doctors. They take insurance and I believe help you find a close place to stay etc. Her is a link: https://www.mayoclinic.org/appointments/faq  They don't always figure out everything, but for most issues you will get state of the art guidance and assessment.

Hi to Barata and BB - so nice to see you guys!

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/17 06:49:50 (permalink)
ChrisandCindy

Learned while DIL's father was so very ill with heart issues that places like Mayo do not accept Medicare. Sioux Falls wanted to transfer him there; nope. (But Mayo did talk them through the surgery he needed.) Just FYI.

Cindy--Are you saying that Medicare is not accepted at The Mayo Clinic?  Darn, that was another place I was going to try.  Wonder if I could call up there and get an approximately cost of the procedure/procedures.  Guess it won't hurt to try.  Another "live with it" and I might go postal 
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/17 07:47:57 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Partly cloudy and a nippy 36F here in Cary, NC.  The high temp will be 46F.
Nothing exciting happening here.  

In regards to Mayo Clinic:  The Mayo doctors and researchers do work with local hospitals and doctors. 
Mayo remotely directed my mother's care for years.  She was of interest to them due her
Von Willebrands bleeding disease.  Mother never actually went to the Mayo Clinic. 
Though a couple of times a Mayo doctor came to Peoria, Ill. to see her and consult with her doctors. 

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/17 16:35:56 (permalink)
Good evening. Busy day.  Hit the gym for a walk and then a functional fitness class.  Kate, the instructor, is really a good leader and watches out for her students providing alternative moves to suit various levels of fitness.  Today was the step platform with a lot of balance, tone, stretch and use of hand weights.  Even did some move laying down and sitting up repeatedly, without the use of your hands and arms, in the event you fall and need to get yourself upright.  Essential and smart.  Hit grocery for some more half n half.  Back home for reading and shower.  Snow moved in at 1:45 and I just finished shoveling 4" of light and fluffy that came down in 2.5 hours.  Cardio for 30 minutes and will be headed out again in a couple of hours. 

PJ, you will be in fast forward trying to catch up when you get back home.

Cindy, will need some snow pics of the doggies.

Holly, hopefully we can connect over the weekend.  Feel better.

Frank, Scarlet looks so sweet.  Thanks for the pic.  Cute that the kitty and pup snuggle together.

Bernie, maybe you can start hanging out at Roberto's again.  

Bob, you sound happy and energized.  Enjoy the lasagna dinner and good luck with the snow blower.  Meantime, nice you have some help if needed.

Happy weekend Crunchie!  

Hola Badger.  Stay safe.

Dinner tonight will be some of my homemade ham y bean soup. Be well all, MB.
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2020/01/17 16:44:05

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/17 20:14:24 (permalink)
Frank - they do accept Medicare.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/17 21:37:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Thanks Kim for clarifying.  I didn't want to say much more on this subject because of my past employ with BC/BS of MN for 35 years.  Please check out their website for more information.  Cathy

Page: << < ..10711072107310741075.. > >> Showing page 1074 of 1079
Jump to:
© 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5