AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..10711072107310741075.. > >> Showing page 1071 of 1108
Author
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/10 10:11:12 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Wow, everyone is having health issues.
Frank, get a different Dr opinion.  I totally understand about the frustration level with the US health system.

Badger, my prayers for your sister and the family.  

I gave up trying to make comments to include everyone.  

Bob, you do look younger.  Great job of keeping yourself healthy.

The cat door has been closed unless we are in range to monitor it.  Tigger also brought in a friend yesterday while Chris and I went to the store.  I walked into my bathroom to see tail feathers on the floor and Tigger salivating and staring at the ceiling.  A poor little Wren was desperately looking for a way out.  I could tell due to the disarray of the area that it had been going on for a while.  I managed to trap the bird in my closet and the cat out of the area.  Chris, the bird whisperer, caught it by hand in a few minutes and released him outside.  

I just watched the DOW hit 29,000!  I hope you all benefited in some way...IRA, 401, private investment, etc.  I don't own any of the stocks driving it but mutual funds are doing well.  I don't really even know what I own because like my uncle, I use the same firm he used and pay them to know what to do.  I just look at the bottom line and I'm very thankful when it goes up.  It's what I live on.

Still sick but a little better each day.  I just wish I could get the sinus infection out of my head.  Today I will sit in a hot steamy shower AGAIN with my face and head slathered in Vicks and Bio-freeze.  What fun.
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6067
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/10 14:05:57 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Paul--My condolences to you and your family.  Take care. May your sister's husband RIP
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/10 18:24:02 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  Bit of a chill in the air today with a low tonight near zero.  Bought a tanning package today and did my first tan.  Usually don't start two months out, but I need that extra boost of light.  It will only cost $10 additional for two months of unlimited visits compared to the one month I did last February.  Got the four blinds in kitchen cleaned today along with all the floors.  Hope to knock out the dusting tomorrow.

Paul, truly sorry about your sister's husband.  Your support will be greatly appreciate and hopefully you got to Green Bay safely.

Crunch y Cindy.  An accident caused by my own carelessness. Our workout involved banquet style chairs,  the kind you see at banquets that can be stacked and have the hand grab hole on the top.  Well I picked mine up, swung it around and one of the chair legs flew into the back of my leg, down by the ankle. Stay safe gals with the nasty weather.  What a horrible childhood memory Cindy. 

PJ, when do the kiddos head out?  Sure hope they have a fabulous time at Bahia.  

Jamie, hope you are doing better today.  Glad you still have a molar on that side to chew on. 

Sure are pretty beaches, Bernie.  The expansive width is amazing.  

Big news here is that Oprah Winfrey has arrived and will host her WW nine city arena tour with Tina Fey tomorrow in St. Paul.  Each stop features a special guest speaker.   She surprised a group of women runners on the Stone Arch Bridge in Minneapolis this morning.  Be well, MB

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/10 19:38:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
It has begun. Precipitation coming down that is somewhere between sleet and tiny hail. Already accumulating on the deck. Dogs did a very quick out then in, think they don't much care for getting pelted with ice. The really bad news is the storm warning is now extended to include Green Bay, hope Badger is there safely and has good tires on his truck. Should change over to snow overnight here, still expecting 6-10". Winds will pick up overnight, weather people expect blizzard warnings will be issued tomorrow.  So glad I got those last lights down today and all is back in the attic until next year.

MB, I have heard of chair dancing...first I've heard of dancing with chairs... Be careful with those wild chairs! And I got over losing that little throat appendage a long time ago. I remember in high school French class using it as an excuse for why I can't roll my Rs. Still can't. And I'd rather visit Italy than France, anyway.

Chris just said to me, "when we go to bed tonight, we can wish each other sleet dreams". He's so corny, but he makes me laugh.
G'night!

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6067
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/11 06:59:30 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Cindy---Hope the snow stops soon.  Been a long time since we gotten a 10" snow.  Calling for some tomorrow night but not enough to stick.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/11 07:14:19 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Such nasty weather across our country. I am embarrassed to give everyone our temp this AM : 62F at 7:09 and the high will be 69 degrees. No snow or sleet on our coast. Just clouds all day with some rain this evening.

Cindy, Chris made me laugh as well with his "sleet dreams" comment. Funny guy.

Fed the beach kitties yesterday and then went out on the beach with the intent to do a nice walk. Nope, not in that heavy wind. So I snapped a few pictures and got the heck outta there. Went to Fiber's and ate 1/2 of a big club sandwich and took the other half home for dinner last night.

Today I plan to pay my last quarter 2019 estimated income taxes for State and Federal. Only thing good I can say about these payments is that it closes out 2019 for me and I get a chunk of airlines miles.

Frank. I decided to tackle my dryer again and this time I pulled the front lint screen assembly completely off. Then I was able to vacuum with my shop vac a fair amount of lint that was built-up below that assembly. Had a fit trying to get the two screws to fit back into the holes on the metal frame. Discovered that I just wasn't holding my mouth right and finally got the assembly back into the correct position. Anyway there was better performance drying the load but I still feel that the heat should be hotter. I will call a guy that works on home appliances to see what he charges to replace the heating element. Then I can evaluate putting money into an older dryer or buying a new one. I appreciate your suggestions and glad I tried cleaning out the vent from the outside first.

Glad you enjoy the beach pictures, MB. Yes, the OIB beaches are nice and wide at low tide.

Holly, good to hear you are getting a little better now. Yes, cats are funny that they want to show off their hunting skills and the trophy that they bring inside for you. Hee,hee.

Anyone hear if Badger made it down to Green Bay alright ?

Hi PJ, Jamie, Pam T.

Coffee gone. Time to scoot.
See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/11 07:22:51 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Too windy yesterday for a walk.

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/11 07:30:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers! 
Cloudy, bit windy with big wind and rain to come tonight.  High temp of 70F.
Just returned from dropping SC and the fiancee at the airport.
Pray they have safe flight to Cancun.  They were both super excited.
Was little nervous about driving in a town I am unfamiliar with. 
But with the help of google map and very little traffic.  Made it back to the house just fine.
Memphis now laying in front of the door waiting for their return.
Going to be a long wait boy.  He is such a sweet big ole baby.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.  Stay safe and warm.  Hugs

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/11 08:25:03 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Ugh, it's morning...
I was awake at 3:36 and tried to get back to a restful sleep but it wasn't happening.  Finally got up around 5.  
Yesterday was 66 at the high temperature and now 28.  We started with thunderstorms mid afternoon and torrential rain a bit later.  Then tornadoes moved thru.  Hit a few areas nearby.  More torrential rain and thunderstorms overnight until the temperature started dropping about 3am.  Poor Margarita is afraid of storms and she panted so hard I could hear her 3' away in her bed.  
Around 11 today freezing rain,sleet and snow will start and last until???  Going to try to get to the chiropractor before that starts although the roads are already iced and slick.  It's not far and all flat well travelled roads.  My neck is terrible.
Coughing has lessened but happens spontaneously.  

Hope everyone stays safe with all the crazy weather.  This line is marching slowly across the entire country from top to bottom.  It will eventually hit you east coasters.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/11 08:58:55 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Lost an earlier post.
Little bit of ice coating tree branches. Wind is strong out of NE, enough to make even the big trees sway.  A lull in the action, about noonish the wind switches to out of the east (from that big cold pond they call Michigan) and then the heavy wet snow starts in earnest. Just hunkering down and waiting for Mother Nature to let loose. I'm very glad I got the rest of those outside lights down yesterday, and all Christmas stuff is stored away until next year.

PJ, will the kids have phone service to let you know they've arrived safely? Pics of Memphis, please.
Holly, be careful on the roads! And yeah, this is a big 'ol nasty storm. 

Last night as I was getting ready for bed, I heard a Great Horned owl hooting. Had to be in one of the trees close to the house for me to hear him... think he was looking for a meal before the storm hit. If we really do get 10", all the little voles and other owl food will be tunneling under the snow.
Have a warm safe day, all.

Video
Pix
YouTube

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3798
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/11 16:05:13 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Paul, very sorry to hear about the loss of your brother-in-law. Hope you can bring a bit of comfort to your sister.

Twirley, sounds like a good idea to close the cat door for the time being. Glad you and Chris managed to get the little bird outside. When I was younger, my favorite cat, Frisky, used to catch a mockingbird once in awhile, he would deposit it on the doormat outside the back porch and proudly present it as a trophy to my mother (Keeper of the Can Opener). Hope you continue to improve.

C&C, that sounds like real nasty weather you folks are having back in your neck of the woods. Probably a good idea the visit with your grand kids is out of the way so they do not have to travel in that weather.

jj, hope you are also doing OK weather wise, let us know if Mr. jj continues to improve. Hope he stays off ladders for a long time.

MB that sounds like a pretty good rate for the extra tanning, not sure what it costs these days in my area.

Bernie, not sure I know anyone who can eat a whole club sandwich, but they sure are good. Beach looks wintery, big surprise. Highs where I live are about 61 with rain possible Thursday.

Thanks for the well wishes, tooth is doing OK, doesn't hurt much but slight throbbing once in awhile, for which I take a Tylenol. Hoarding my remaining Vicodin for a real pain emergency. No plans to put in a bridge (nothing to bridge to, it was the furthest back molar) or implant. Just leave the hole there, good news is the upper matching molar was removed years ago, so no mismatch bite.

My battery died again,I don't drive much the last few months and my neighbor has jumped it twice, last time I turned it on was Tuesday but yesterday it was dead again. It does not seem to be holding a charge so I probably need a new one. Will call AAA to tow it to my mechanic Monday afternoon.

Have a great weekend, all.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/11 18:43:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  12 and clear skies.  Got the house dusted and a load of wash done.  Watching the rest of the Viking/SF game...oh well sad to see them beat NOLA and then this.  The better of the teams won today.   Go Packers and Chiefs.

PJ, hopefully those youngsters had a safe flight and are enjoying the tropical breeze and some cocktails.

Glad you are feeling a tad better Holly. Thanks for the chat.

Badger, thinking of your family.  Huge hugs.

Bernie, just curious if those beach winds are cold or just unpleasant?   Keep moving.

Nice to hear you are not in pain Jamie and have other molars to connect the bite.

Good job Cindy.  The weather here is going to be colder with snow soon.

Be well, MB.

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/11 20:58:59 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Sorry about the Vikings.  I was hoping they would beat SF.
My antenna is working great and this Ravens/ Titans game is turning out to be great, but I didn't figure I'd see the Titans playing so well and the Ravens NOT.

We got about 2" of snow.  The snowflakes looked like clumps of 3 cotton balls.  They were HUGE.   

I hope Paul gets back when necessary and has no problems with the weather.

Cindy, I only wish my Christmas stuff was put away.  Chris got all the outside stuff boxed up but I haven't felt like tackling the rest so things are piled on the dining room table and in the office room.  Hopefully I will get to some of it tomorrow before the game.  
Although I don't really feel up to it, a loner male friend that I've known for years and Chris likes was hinting about bringing a dinner and coming over to watch the KC game.  It's no fun to watch alone and I knew Chris would appreciate male company so I said yes.  I told them both NO CONVERSATION DURING PLAYS!  I hope I don't regret it but if they get out of control they will have to go to the guest's house.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/12 05:42:12 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
 It looks like all the hype was just that. Hype. As far as we can tell, there is maybe 3" on the deck. There is another round of snow due tonight, and through this entire week, but not the snowmaggedon they were predicting. Hope the rest of the country fares as well.

PJ's gotta be happy. Who'd a thunk the Titans would beat the Ravens? A season of surprises. Packers are favored to win over the Seahawks, hope there are no surprises this evening!

My forehead vs. attic stairs "wound" is scabbed over and slowly healing. Chris remarked that it looks quite a bit like Harry Potter's forehead scar. Unfortunately, I have no wizarding skills.

Have a great day! 

Video
Pix
YouTube

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/12 06:46:25 (permalink)
0 (2)
Cindy, LOL regarding your wizardry skills.  I think you're pretty magical!
Good news about your weather.

I slept pretty well so decided to get up once I woke up.  I need to find a good church in the area.  Been wanting to get back to church for a while.  However it's not going to be today as the roads are a mess and I'm still coughing enough to disturb services.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/12 07:26:50 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Cloudy and scattered showers this AM. The current temperature is 64F at 7:22 and the high for today only 4 degrees away at 69F.

Yesterday I fed the beach kitties and then did my beach walk. It was quite humid and very foggy but I managed a good clip for 45 minutes. Worked up a good appetite and went to.....wait for it...Fibber's. Had the bread bowl with Irish Stew. After I got home I vacuumed the sand out of the truck then took a nap. I needed to gather strength for the two boring divisional games. Good thing I didn't have any money on a win for the Vikings or the Ravens.

Sorry you had to watch the Viking's performance, MB. To answer your question, when the winds are blowing higher than 15 mph on the coast during winter, it's just not worth the effort to walk the beach. Since I live so close to the water, I can just wait for a nicer day.

JJ, man-o-man, hope you switched channels on the Raven's game. I finally gave up on them in the 3rd qtr.

Jamie, bummer on the car battery. After new battery is installed, have your mechanic check the alternator for proper charging output. 

Cindy, good to know your "battle wound" is healing.

Holly, good luck with having the "boys" over to watch the game with you.

Hope y'all can enjoy the games today. Yesterday's beach pictures to follow.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/12 07:28:24 (permalink)
+2 (2)
View to the South. What view ??

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/12 07:31:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Looking North. One dedicated fisherman.

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/12 07:33:18 (permalink)
+1 (1)
wanna go surfing ?

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/12 07:48:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Cloudy with a high temp of 64F today.
Survived the storm.  Was so tired...slept hard and didn't even hear the storm roll through
during the night.  Memphis has finished his morning yard patrol.  Having my coffee now.
SC and Zac made it to Bahia Principe just fine yesterday.  No travel problems at all.
Last message I received they were having great fun at the night time show. 
Now have liberated the birds and bunny from their nighttime cages and fed them.
Bunny is only pet here that scares me.  She needs to be fixed.  Very territorial!
When you are cleaning up her area... don't touch her stuff.  She does bite.  So far so good. 
SC showed me how to blockade her with a panel of fencing while I cleanup and lay out the food.    
Bunny is not going to get the amount of petting and attention SC gives her. 
I was been bitten once before at my house when holding her.  Made a believer out of me.  LOL
Talked with SJ yesterday.  Guess the storm was pretty bad when it rolled through our area
during the early morning hours.  Saw a few pics online of the damage. 
Lil doggie is doing well without her mom.  Brother and SIL rescue Cudi every day about noon and take
her home with them until SJ gets off work.  Even feed SJ dinner.  Appreciate their help so much.

Jamie, glad your molar extraction site is not causing you a lot of pain. 

Cindy, hope your boo boo heals quickly. 

Twirls, sounds like you are getting better.  Those rotten sinus infections just drag on. 
Live in fear of catching that flu.  Know it would lay me low for a month or more. 
I forgot about the Titans vs Ravens game.  Not much into football.  But would have kept 
an eye on that game.  Bet SJ was over the moon.  He wasn't sure the Titans could win over those Ravens. 
Actually that is the nice version of what he said.  LOL 

janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/12 08:15:08 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning

We went from 66 degrees to rain, freezing rain, sleet, then snow.  I think I probably shoveled about 3 inches from the driveway and deck yesterday.  I shoveled 3 times.  It's cold.  
Woody hates cold weather.  Lola loves the snow.  She was busy yesterday chasing squirrels and is back at it this morning. 

Looks like Mr JJ's incision is finally healing.  Last visit Doc suggested we keep it uncovered.  Made a big difference overnight. He starts PT this week... Just range of motion on his knee.  No weight bearing yet.  According to the time frame the Dr gave, we figure he'll start bearing weight first or second week of Feb.  He is so ready to be able to walk. 

Twirls  sure hope you a feeling better soon. 

PJ  nice of you to house/pet sit. 

I did not watch the Titans/Ravens game, but glad to hear the Ravens lost.  Not one of my favorite teams.  Happy for the Titans. If we win today, we will play the Titans at home. The town is painted Red and everyone is super pumped about today's game. 

Badger, my deepest condolences to you and your family. 

Cindy- The other night I swear I heard an owl.  I kept a close eye on Lola when I let her out for bedtime potty.  

MB  Nice ticker. 

SoSo  it's hard to tell the size of cutie Zoe in your photos. Her legs look really long.  is she a standard poodle? 

Hope your favorite football team wins today unless it's the Texans...........

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/12 10:39:06 (permalink)
+2 (2)
This is sweet Memphis.  He is such a good boy.  Half German Sheppard and half Doberman Pincer.
Zac rescued him from the side of road 3 years ago when he was just 4 weeks old.  He has lived with
Zac's parents until now.  His life has been a little confusing lately with the move to Cary, NC. 

Giving him lots of love.    

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/12 10:44:33 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Miss Juni having breakfast.

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/12 10:46:06 (permalink)
+1 (1)
The grandkeets.  Thelma & Louise.

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/12 14:41:04 (permalink)
0 (2)
OMG I JUST HAD TO TAKE A VALIUM.
Page: << < ..10711072107310741075.. > >> Showing page 1071 of 1108
Jump to:
© 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5