AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..10611062106310641065.. > >> Showing page 1063 of 1089
Author
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/23 11:15:52 (permalink)
+1 (1)
It's morning and I did finally get home...at midnight...
It was one of the worst days ever, not counting someone's death.  
#1.  There is only 2 flights per day from Atlanta to Springfield.  I purposely took the earliest possible flight from Atlanta to here, but with the latest departure.  Otherwise it's just a longer lay over in Atlanta.  So I got up at 5 am in order to have time for last minute things and a decent breakfast.  The Mexico health department Dr was supposed to come by the hotel on his way to the clinic at 8:00.  He didn't show.  It was my last injection.  Jose Maria, from Easy way, was my ride and he fortunately brought his sweet wife.  She gives him his insulin shots, which are not intra muscular, but Jose said she could do it and as much as she hated it, she did a good job.  
We left for the airport at 8:30.  Jose went inside with me and took my bags to the bag drop.  The handicap assistant was right there to assist and I must say, the handicap assistance in Cancun is superb.  
The plane was delayed.  It hadn't even arrived by departure time.  45 minutes later we boarded.  30 minutes later we we informed that that plane wasn't going anywhere.  They were having to fly a part from Atlanta to fix it and it would be 1& 1/2 -3 hours.  Everyone deplaned and headed for the next departure which still wasn't going to get me to Atlanta in time to get my Springfield early flight.  Since there was no Delta Comfort zone seating on the over crowded plane, I elected to wait for the next departure.  Made no difference other than layover time in Atlanta.
There is now a Guy Fieri restaurant with an outdoor patio where you can smoke and I had already paid the small fee to be there so I was returned there by my assistant.  Naturally it was a lovely day, after many days of cold and rainy weather so at least I got to enjoy some sunshine and warmth.  
Next I get a text from Delta that my next departure was also delayed....  it hadn't arrived yet.  First delayed by 15 minutes...then 30...so an hour later it was ready.  I still had plenty of time in Atlanta to make the only remaining flight to Springfield and I hoped that was the last delay...NOT!  Normally on that flight I would have arrived home at almost 9pm instead of the 6 pm flight I scheduled.  By then I was already exceedingly PO'd, realizing I would be leaving Atlanta just as the KC game started.  I still had a 2 hour lay over there before the later flight.  I barely got settled in a bar with a glass of wine, when I got a text that my next flight was also delayed by 30 minutes, which grew longer and longer, once again.   At least I got to see the first Qtr of the game.  I had cut way down on smoking and had 3 US cigarettes left which should have lasted me all the way home on a normal flight schedule.  But due to my stress level, I bought a pack of Mexican cigs at the Cancun airport.  I didn't really care that they were very pricey nor the fact that the box said they would cause me impotency.  LOL  But the harshness will kill anything.
Not wanting to miss that last flight, I was prepared to push my wheelchair like a walker and go to the gate once a boarding time was posted.  A server took pity on me and made me sit while she pushed me to the gate.  Handicap assistant had never returned.  Assistance in Atlanta sucks.  I got to the gate where we waited through longer and longer delays.  At least there was a TV (no sound) but I could watch more of the game from a distance.  By the time we boarded, it should have already been home.  Hence the midnight arrival.  My driver was my poor neighbour who was not used to being up that late ever, but she insisted that I not take an UBER due to horror  stories she has heard.
Oh, my checked bag is somewhere but not in my possession.  All I know is it was last posted as "sitting in customs" but doesn't say where.  There's nothing in it that should cause a problem unless they wonder why I have 8 jars of Maille French mustard.  They have blends like green peppercorn and champagne that aren't available in the states and that brand is expensive.  It's also the only brand that Jan's French husband will eat so I brought home 2 of each for us.  

Well that's my story, all true.

My house was spotless and smelled lovely.  Chris did a wonderful job with setting up the bits of Christmas decor inside.  The real tree we bought is still outside on the patio but he put the lights on it beautifully and I've decided that neither the small fake tree or the real tree need any more decor and look beautiful with just the lights.  I plan to leave the realm tree on the patio and enjoy it through the French doors.

Bernie and Crunch, May the FORCE BE WITH YOU as you travel.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/23 18:02:34 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  35 and fair skies.  Another spectacular weather day.  Headed out around 9 a.m. to pick up ingredients for Christmas appetizers.  I think all of us shoppers had the same idea, but it wasn't too bad until the lady rammed her small cart into one of my heels and then cut me off in the produce section.  I ended up going to another grocery store for two additional items and was relieved to head home.  Did some reading, hot shower and talked to niece.  Christine and I are going to get together for breakfast tomorrow.  Was hoping her Mom could join us but she is working.  

My heart goes out to all the weary travelers this holiday season.  Hopefully Bernie's travel went better than Holly's nightmare home.  Looks like Tom and Kim made it to their destination just fine.

Badger, tailgate parties in Minneapolis have been going on all day....imagine that.  

Pam, sunshine warms the soul.  You've been busy in the kitchen.  It all sounds delicious.  

Cindy, that's almost freaky that Chris was mowing at this time of year.  Nice that the doggies aren't interested in trimming the tree.

Let's hope Holly is recuperating from her long travel day.  Edit:  What a day....glad your re-entry to the house with Chris was pleasant.

Sure hope Jamie got her food order in.

Nice FB pics Bob.

I suspect things are going to get real quiet on the BC very soon.  Wishing all a beautiful Christmas and many blessings.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/12/23 18:07:50

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/24 04:56:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
GOOD MORNING!
Couldn't stay awake, but PACKERS WIN! It wasn't looking good at the beginning of the game, but home field advantage for the Pack during the play-offs! Sorry, MB, but it is like a little Christmas miracle!

Holly, sounds like a nightmare travel day, but nice you came home to a clean and fresh smelling house.

Need to clean the car today and make sure everything is ready to go, gift-wise and food-wise. Church at 5pm, then dinner here with Matt and Keri. So looking forward to them opening their gifts, sure hope they like them! Don't know if I'll have time to post here tomorrow, but wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/24 09:18:40 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Merry Christmas eve to all

Going to the airport today to pick up my bag which finally got there.

Chris has been very pleasant.  Such a joyous Christmas present!

Yesterday and a few more days are convertible weather!  Supposed to be almost 70° Christmas day!

Chris is going to help me do the last of the grocery shopping.  A friend who also has no family and usually joined mine for holidays is coming.

I hear the 2 weeks after Christmas is a big time for people to dump Christmas pups at shelters so I plan to do some shopping.  A Golden or perhaps a wire haired schnauzer mix...

If you haven't seen it, PLEASE SEE "THE ART OF RACING IN THE RAIN"
Badger, I know you are not a movie person but, you will love it as told by the GOLDEN RETRIEVER!  It's a great family movie but does has few tear jerker parts.

Enjoy your day.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/24 11:14:03 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!  
Gorgeous morning here.  A high near 70F expected.
Slept in this morning.  Felt good!  
We will be preparing the traditional seafood bisque with sourdough bread for our evening meal.
Appetizers and wine on the deck at sunset.  
Quiet on the hill with everyone gone away for the holiday.  It seems strange. 
Yet lovely and peaceful at the same time... with just the two of us again after all these years.
Wishing all of you a blessed Christmas Eve.  Hugs

BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6877
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/24 12:20:14 (permalink)
+2 (2)
I want to wish all of you clubbers a very Merry Christmas!

I did my annual baking this morning. A coconut cake I make every Christmas to take to Mom and Dad's.

Twirls...When I had a suitcase not make it home with me, Delta had someone bring it to my house.

Enjoy your day tomorrow with family and friends. Warm here too. Already told Mom I will probably wear shorts and not look too Christmasy. Their house is like a sauna year round

Love you all!

p.s. Bosco...This is my second Christmas without Joe Not any easier

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/24 12:47:02 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy everyone and Merry Christmas Eve from Colorado.

Long trip from Wilmington NC yesterday due to delays for rain at both ILM and CLT. Leg to Denver was uneventful. The hot rod A/A pilot made up all of the missed time and we even landed a little ahead of schedule. Time last night was spent talking and laughing with Meredith, John, Jack and Sam. Everyone was tired and it was early to bed except John and I watched the Green Bay game, Cindy, it WAS a small Christmas miracle.

Holly, glad you got home in one piece.  Luggage a bit of a pain but all is well that ends well.

Hi MB, PJ, and Beach Billy.  Merry Christmas to all three of you.

Tonight Meredith and John will host a Christmas Dinner with about 25 friends and family.  I will take some pictures and be on my best behavior ( mostly..hee,hee ).

Love and kindness from Aurora Colorado.

Weekend at Bernie's
Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5525
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/24 12:50:59 (permalink)
+2 (4)

Merry Christmas all!

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/24 14:35:20 (permalink)
+1 (5)

Video
Pix
YouTube

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3798
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/24 16:38:09 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Merry Christmas Eve to all my  LG friends

Bernie, glad to hear you made it safely and are enjoying time with Meredith Jon and the grands.

Holly, sounds like a hellacious trip but you are home safely and enjoying your house and pets and Cliff. Hope the kids you bought Christmas gifts for enjoy them. New dog sounds like a nice idea. don't know much about dogs but Goldens sure seem good natured. Actually I would get a smaller dog that is easier to pick up, like a Shih Tsu or Lhasa Apso, maybe a spaniel. After all, you might have to pick them up from time to time (vet, sick, etc.) and a smaller dog might be easier with your RA.

Hi Beach Billy, Coconut cake sounds real good, still have half a slice of German chocolate cake in the fridge.

Hope Glen is feeling better, SoSo.

MB, you are brave, shopping two days before Christmas, even grocery stores are a mess this time of year.

I did get my food order in, getting a combo ham and turkey dinner from CoCo's tomorrow between 1-1:30pm to eat later, best of both worlds, love turkey but have not had real ham (not counting the stuff you make sandwiches with) in ages. And my slice of pecan pie, yippee!

Badger, that was kind of you to offer to send me a whole pie, hope the New Year brings plenty of trips to PoMo for you and Babs and a mild winter with plenty of indoor work.

Joe, I have a hard time eating a regular slice of pie, but thanks for the thought. Good luck to you and Connie on escaping the bulk of the snowbird traffic.

Sending good thoughts and blessings on all those who have to work today and Christmas and be away from their friends and family for all or part of the day, especially police, fire, hospital workers and last but certainly not least, members of the military and all their families.

God bless us, everyone, to quote someone.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/24 20:23:59 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  Had a pleasant day.  Christine and I went out for breakfast.  Came back here and visited for awhile.  Then I headed out for 3:30 candlelight service, which I absolutely loved with all the music accompanied by instrumentals.  Got one of the appetizers ready for tomorrow, when I got home.  Will prepare the other one in the morning before brother, Paul, picks me up. Just watching some Hallmark Christmas movies and plan to have a bite to eat shortly.

Claire, glad you checked in.  The coconut cake sounds delicious.  I'm a big lover of coconut.  Sending big hugs your way.  Merry Christmas and enjoy tomorrow with Mom and Dad.

Cindy, always a good reminder for the reason of the season.  Love those wood carvings.  Phenomena artistry.  Hope your evening was lovely and the kiddos loved the thoughtful gifts.  No worries about last night's win for the Pack.

Jamie, pecan pie plus turkey ham dinner combo sounds like a winner.  Sending holiday cheer and happiness your way.

Bernie, nice of you to check in.  Yes, please mind your P's and Q's while out west.  Have a beautiful holiday with family.

Badger, get home safely to your beautiful bride.  You never cease to amaze me with your giving to others.  Bless you.

GMADeb, you are always in my prayers.  No idea if you still check in here, but know I think about you often.  Be well.

Holly, nice to hear you are settling in without additional stress.  Enjoy time with your friend tomorrow.

Peace and love to all.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/12/24 22:22:22

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6067
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/24 21:28:26 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Happy Holidays to all!  
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/24 22:44:46 (permalink)
+2 (2)
A Good Christmas eve wish for you all.

Long day of errands.  Chris went willingly and was very helpful and pleasant.  First the airport for my bag.  Then a stop for my new favorite rum which I discovered in Mexico.  Dr says wine is too acidic so a switch to rum is better.  I had the 7 anos Flor de Cana in Mexico.  I bought a bottle of 12 anos a few days ago but learned that there is 1 bottle of 25 anos in town at one of the other chain liquor stores.  It was my Christmas present to myself.  I haven't opened it yet.
Next stop was a hardware store for another extension cord.  Dropped off stuff at the house and finally the grocery store and gas station.  WHEW, DONE.  Forgot I had been invited to a small party and I had a gift for this couple so a quick bite and I was off.  Only stayed a short time.

Jamie, glad you got your dinner ordered.

C & C, that was beautiful.

BB, YUM.  COCONUT CAKE.  I hope you and your parents enjoy your day together.

Bernie, glad you made it but I suspected you would have delays as I did.

PJ, sounds perfect and peaceful although I know you both miss SC, as she misses you.

MB, hope you enjoy your family time.

Frank, SoSo and Bob, Susy, JJ and everyone else,  Enjoy!  

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOODNIGHT.
Deleted User
  • Total Posts : 52
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/25 05:25:20 (permalink)

janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/25 07:40:00 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Merry Christmas

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13725
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/25 08:44:49 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Merry Christmas to all of you. 

2020: Cozumel and later Akumal
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/25 08:54:39 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Merry Christmas everyone!  Hugs

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/25 09:07:28 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Bah Humbug!

(Just kidding, Merry Christmas!)

Wag more....bark less.
hoppybrewer
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 429
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/25 09:16:41 (permalink)
+2 (2)
MERRY CHRISTMAS
barata
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 4426
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/25 11:13:12 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Merry Christmas!
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29471
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/25 17:39:24 (permalink)
+4 (4)
Merry Christmas Amigos.
We are back home. Really good flights so no complaints.

Highs and lows, but glad we did it.

Glad to be home.
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/26 04:47:56 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Thirstday.

Welcome back Crunch!

Hi Hoppy & Barata, wish you would stop by more often.

Jamie, glad you got your pecan pie.

Bernie, when do you return home?

Nice, relaxing day yesterday with lots of good food, a nap, and a few phone calls to/from friends and family, now that's my kind of Christmas.

Weather has been warmer than normal for this time of year, might have another storm coming in this weekend.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/26 04:49:12 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.
We were about half way home yesterday when son Matt asked if I had any Advil or Aleve. I reached for my purse and guess what? It got left behind at Mom's house. Phone, credit cards, driver's license... So today we are making ANOTHER round trip to Sycamore, Il. I've never done that before, just really irks me. Other than that it was a very good day, lot's of laughter good food. Not looking forward to that much car time again, though. We will leave the doggies home today, Sophie cried and whined for most of yesterday's drive time, think she'll be happier home and in her kennel.

Weather is still very mild, I can't remember a warmer Christmas day. When I let the dogs out earlier, it didn't seem any cooler than the indoor temp. Will mostly likely pay for this with more arctic temps in the future. 

Oh, and Matt loved the chess board and other gifts, and Keri loved the Luray pitcher and bowl.

Be well, all.
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/26 08:05:09 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy to read all.  Too sick to post.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/26 08:58:19 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Cloudy with rain on the way.  A high temp of 64F. 
Finished the morning walkabout.  Having my coffee now.
SJ went off to work.  Have the whole hill to myself.  Very quiet.
I need to make a run to the grocery store later.  We need just a few items
for our late Christmas dinner on Saturday.  Plus cat food and a couple of birthday cards. 

Crunch,  glad you and Tomas made it home with no problems.

Cindy,  bummer on having to double back and get your purse today.
Glad you enjoyed your time with your family.

Badger, did you work in a Christmas nap?

Twirls,  sorry you are feeling bad again.  Take care.  Hugs

Page: << < ..10611062106310641065.. > >> Showing page 1063 of 1089
Jump to:
© 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5