AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..10561057105810591060.. > >> Showing page 1059 of 1079
Author
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29470
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/13 12:32:25 (permalink)
+1 (1)
PJ - my favorite (and too worn out) velour sweats are Danskin. They don't make them any more. Dang it!

Twirley - I would love to know the cost too. My thinking is that if you have the money and it will not hurt you then go for it. US medicine can be really good, but also not so good. I hope it helps. Then maybe Frank can have something worth trying too. Fingers crossed.

Bernie - those cats sure appreciate you. Good living for a feral cat. Nice of you to help them out. How long will you be in Colorado staying with the kiddos?

Badger - that is messed up. Dang!
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/13 12:41:32 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Twirley, my mother was having knee issues and looking at surgery or something. Then her doctor gave her a brochure on Stem Cells. I read thru it and they wanted, as part of her prep, for her to lose weight, exercise to a certain level, etc... I looked at it, and if she could do all that, she wouldn't need the treatment. Snake oil. She went ahead and had it done, after doing NONE of the prep stuff. She is walking just fine now. Hard to argue with success. 

As I understand it, the reason why it is not approved in the US is the lack of reliability. Take aspirin, for example. If you get a headache and take an aspirin, it will do it's thing in almost everyone, almost 100% of the time. Stem cells don't do their thing to that level, or often enough that a level of reliability is achieved. But they, apparently, do work on a good number of people. 

Best wishes!

Lovin life,
Bob

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/13 18:49:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  This day flew by.  Hit the track and a new functional fitness class this morning.  Then headed out and got three errands done.  An hour or so of reading in and several phone calls trying to coordinate some upcoming doctor appointments.  In between all of that a couple more inches of light fluffy snow so got some shoveling in as well.

Holly, wish you a good outcome with the treatments.  Too bad your friend wasn't able to join you but a bonus you have some local friends to keep you company.  Nice to hear the hotel is stepping up their game.

Hola Bob.  Hope you had a blast this week skiing.

PJ, I'm all about hanging out now in my new active wear.   So comfortable.  Maybe you'll get lucky and find those yoga pants after all.

Bernie, those kitties are now hurting for food.  Wouldn't you love to know their back stories.  Good luck finding those little cars for the grands.

Kim, happy Friday.  Thanks for sharing your routine with me.  I'm feeling that new workout this evening, but then again perhaps it's the past two days of shoveling.

Cindy, how's all that baking been going?  Need some pics of your sweet treats!  I can't believe Christmas is a week from this coming Wednesday.  How is your DIL's Dad doing if I might ask?

Badger, glad you guys made it home safely.   Welcome back.

Jamie, your cracked me up you Coppertone gal.  Memories....

Have a beautiful evening everyone.  MB

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6067
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/13 21:53:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
crunch

Twirley - I would love to know the cost too. My thinking is that if you have the money and it will not hurt you then go for it. US medicine can be really good, but also not so good. I hope it helps. Then maybe Frank can have something worth trying too. Fingers crossed.

Crunch--Thanks for thinking of me.  I tried the US version of stem cells that they took from my belly. Apparently they didn't take enough as it didn't work and I still have a beer belly.  $6K for 3 injections which also included some PT.  Was excited as they told me they had a lot of success with it for my condition.  Had it done at a new place in town backed by Ozzie Smith, the former baseball player.  I swear if I ever saw him on the street, and had enough money for a good lawyer, I'd kick him square in his privates.  Not because it hurt, which it didn't, but for hiring a bunch of liars
post edited by CallMeFrank - 2019/12/13 21:57:38
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/14 05:27:19 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning
I'M FIRST POSTER FOR ONCE.  LOL just had to say that because it's never happened.  I at least expected to see Cindy first.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/14 05:27:37 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning

Holly, hoping those treatments work for you.
Was good to chat with P&B last night. Paul looked tired, but relaxed. Babs was perkier, I think that getaway did her a world of good. 
Yesterday I got out of the house a bit. Mailed some stuff at the post office, picked up some groceries. Was nice to get out, if only for mundane reasons. Especially nice without gale force winds. Still calm this morning. Haven't checked the NOAA weather page yet, but local news said we have some snow coming this weekend.
Finally got started on my cards. Only got as far as the Js, which is a long section because I was born a Johnsen and have lots of relatives in that section. Then there are the Ks, also long for Chris' side, but not AS long because they are not the prolific breeders like my side. Hope to get them mailed on Monday.

This morning Chris is going to come with me to a large antique mall in a neighboring town to search for a gift for future DIL. She really likes vintage things; have no idea what we might find for her. This afternoon younger son and family want to come for a visit; Didi has been pestering to visit "Gaga". Probably will take the gang to Don Ramon's for supper mostly because I am tired of cooking/baking.  
MB, I think you asked about DIL's father? His surgery went very well, and he is feeling MUCH better, and sleeping much better as well, so that was happy news.

Time for me to get another cup of coffee, get dressed for the day, and work on some more cards until Chris is ready to head out with me...Have a wonderful day! Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/14 08:05:20 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Tried to sleep in some this morning but no bueno 'cuse Holly called. It's very overcast and wet outside. Supposed to have more rain until the sun comes out this afternoon around 3PM. Current temp 54F at 8:02 with a high of 61 degrees.

Yesterday I fed the beach kitties and I left them happy. Went to Fibber's ( surprise ) for lunch and stopped at Lowe's Foods to get one item I missed on Wednesday : Planters peanuts were on bogo sale. I stopped at Walgreen's to look for those little cars/trucks that I mentioned. They had hot-wheels but that wasn't what I wanted. Right after I got back in my truck the heavens opened up with torrential rain and I had to go a little slower. When I got back home it was still pouring very hard. Talked Freddie into taking a nap with me after changing out of wet clothes. Didn't need to do much talking as she spotted that soft blanket and jumped right onto it as I was sitting in the easy chair. Good nap !

Today I'll go to OIB to feed the beach cats; if it's raining I'll just leave the two containers under the stairs and catwalk ( good pun ) then drive to Walmart to check for those little cars. I none available, I'll just get the hot wheels at Walgreen's. Have not made my packing list yet so will get that done when I get back home.

Crunch, I love feeding those cats and the orange tabby is affectionate with me. It makes me feel good to do something nice for them and I enjoy helping most animals when I can. I will be in Aurora CO Dec 23rd and depart Dec 29th.

Hey Bob. I know very little about the use stem cells. I believe there is still ongoing research in some areas but I can't say much about it. I told Holly to give it a try; maybe it will help her.

MB, yes I would like to know more about those two cats. Orange tabby seem to hang at the house on the right and black one at the house on the left. I haven't noticed any cars at either house and I believe they are rental properties. I'll knock at the front door on the hext nice day to see if anyone answers.

Hi Cindy, it will be nice to have Didi come for a visit; she needs her "Gaga' fix.

Lorie, it's past 9 o'clock and just now finishing my last cup of coffee. Need to get moving.
Hope y'all have a gooder.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/14 08:10:44 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Clubbers
The last couple of weeks at work has been stressful- Busy time of year for people to relocate with their companies, apparently. 
Was nice to have off yesterday.  Did a lot of running around-small errands.
Puppy was spayed Thursday, so in addition to playing nurse to Mr. JJ, I have been
playing Vet Tech for her.  It's kind of a pain, because I have to take her out to potty- she likes to chase squirrels and she needs to stay calm for a couple of weeks. 
My yard was covered with leaves.  Took me over 2 hours to mow over them with the rider, and I still have a bunch up against the fence.  I decided to save that for another warm day.  We might get 2-5 inches of snow this weekend. 

Twirls- I really hope this works for you.  I just don't understand why it's taking so long for your doctors in the US.  I was put "on the back burner" for my gallbladder, but only about 2-3 weeks.  4 weeks tops.  

Frank- I'm so sorry you can't find relief. 

Cindy  I used to send tons of christmas cards.  Not so much anymore.

Welcome home Badger and Babs- Nice that ya'll could sneak away!

Enjoy your weekend!!

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/14 10:14:49 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Partly cloudy with a high of 52F today.  
Didn't get much accomplished yesterday.  Lazy I guess.

Cindy,  so sweet that Didi is big enough to ask to visit Gaga.
Many years ago one of my cousins brought his little son to visit my mom. 
He and his wife had recently moved about an hour away from my mom. 
My mom loved little children...and they loved her.  The little boy had a fun day with his Great Aunt Bell.
I'm sure mom made him feel special in every way.  Bet she told him at the end of their visit
to be sure and come back to visit her again soon. 
My cousin said,  a week or so later his little boy was driving them nuts wanting to go see GoryGory. 
Only they didn't know who GoryGory was.  Was it a daycare worker, someone at church, or a neighbor?
They just couldn't figure out who their little tot wanted to go and see. 
Anyway, sometime later they did go again to visit my mom.  Mom came out on the porch and
said Glory glory!  Look who has come back to see me!   That little boy fairly leaped into my mother's arms
crying... GoryGory I came back! Cried and daddy brought me back!  Love you GoryGory! 
Thus the mystery of GoryGory was solved.   Mom used the phrase "Glory glory!" often.
Especially when she was well pleased with someone or something.

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/14 18:24:03 (permalink)
+3 (5)
PJ, love that story.

Cindy, that warms your heart, I'm sure.  Did you find anything great at the antique place?

JJ,  bless you with all you have to do now.

Bernie, so good of you to take care of the kitties.  I bet they will be looking for you during your absence.  

Yesterday long time LG LADYBUG was in town for the day.  We spent the morning and the evening together.  It was fun seeing her.  DO NOT LET HER ASK FOR A STRAW IN Mexico.  A hysterical story.  Apparently the word for straw in Spanish is similar to the word Penis!  She unfortunately didn't understand the difference for several years and would ask for "a straw"  while holding her fingers to her mouth and making a sucking motion.  She now knows how to pronounce STRAW correctly but the story almost made me fall off my chair laughing so hard!  "DON'T ASK FOR A STRAW" became the joke of the day!  

I'll leave you all with that thought...  if you are going to attempt Spanish, be sure to learn the correct pronunciation or use English.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/15 05:26:49 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
PJ, I love that story! So sweet.

Holly, I did find something I think she'll like. You know quite a bit about antiques, are you familiar with Lu Ray dish ware? I found a Lu Ray Pitcher and serving bowl. It is their green, which is really more of an aqua color, and she has been using aqua as an accent color in their décor. I don't have a lot of time this morning (slept in a bit) but after we get home from church (and it is light out) I'll take a photo for you. May have overpaid a bit, but I love it and hope she does too. The bowl has a tiny chip on the bottom, but otherwise both pieces are in excellent condition.

Had fun with the kids yesterday. Didi was charming the entire restaurant dancing to the Mexican music. Their kid's menu has an enchilada with fries entrée, and when the waitress came to take our orders, Didi ordered for herself and was quite understandable. Even as she wriggled and danced. Wish I had thought to take the camera along, but DIL took some pictures, so maybe she'll send them to us. 

Running late, have a wonderful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

janjon
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/15 05:47:40 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Happy Sunday!

PJ  what a great story!  So sweet. 

Cindy, I had to google Lu Ray dishes.  Love them!  They remind me of the fiesta dishes.  

Yesterday, we went to Costco.  No scooters, so had to use a wheelchair.  It took so long to get our membership, that by the time we finished that, there was a scooter.  We did a round on the parameter of the store, then called it quits.  There were just too many people in there. I did manage to chuck a prime rib into the cart for Christmas Eve.

Still calling for snow.  Not sure of the amount.  Depends on who you watch.  dusting to 5 inches-- but could be 8 inches in some places.  Should start sometime today and go through Monday.  Joy f'g joy. 

Last night I used the leftover turkey from Thanksgiving and made a turkey pot pie.  (No worries, I put that turkey in the freezer on Thanksgiving.)  It turned out pretty good. But I like chicken better.  I am just not a big turkey fan for some reason.

I picked up 2 tiki torches for the dirty santa game at work.  Everyone needs a couple, I think.  Guess we'll find out later in the week. 

May your favorite team win today.... Unless it's the Broncos.  Go Chiefs!

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/15 07:58:49 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Not sure if this will post, internet problems for 2 days, will try again later.

Wag more....bark less.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/15 08:44:53 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

It is a beautiful sunny morning here on the coast and Mr. Weatherman says it will be sunny all day long. Yes !
High today 61 degrees. Wowza. Current temp 40F at 8:37. I did sleep in and Freddie didn't bug me. Very nice.

Yesterday I went to the island and fed the kitties. The orange one really shows her gratitude by letting me pet her and when I squat down she rubs her head on my hand. Cute. Ate at Fibber's and then stopped at one of the Dollar General stores to look at toys for Jack and Sam. Didn't see the cars that I was looking for, so I traveled to the 'dreaded' Walmart. I knew better than to shop at Walmart on a Saturday but I was in a shopping mood. It was pretty crowded but I bought two little boxes of hot wheels; each box has 5 cars/trucks. Boys will enjoy them, I'm sure.

Not too much on the list today. Probably get lunch at Maverick's; maybe Chet will want to tag along.

jj, I hope it will be a good game and if I had to bet, I think the Chief's will win at Arrowhead. Somehow I just can't picture Mr jj riding around in a scooter at Costco, especially with all those over-sized carts. What did the doctor say about his estimated recoup time ?

PJ, your story about your aunt "gory gory" made me shed a tear. Cute story.

Holly, that was a funny tale about Lady Bug. I bet she got some strange looks when asking for a straw.
Crossing my fingers on your treatment.

Cindy, I can picture little Didi dancing and having fun at the Mexican restaurant. How old is she now ? Does she really like the enchiladas or is it the fries ?

I see you, Badger ! Hi and bye.

Done with coffee. See y'all.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
janjon
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/15 09:15:59 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Bernie- Not really.  non weight bearing for 10-12 weeks, then rehab. It will be a long recovery.
Go Chiefs!

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/15 09:37:29 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Partly cloudy with a high temp of 56F.  Rain coming later in the day.
Kind of a slow day again yesterday.  SJ watched football.  I did some shopping online.
Brother called to say they are going to Florida to have Christmas with his daughter and
grandsons.  I'll be house and kitty sitting through the holidays. 
Jan. 9th I'll be flying to Raleigh to house sit and taking care of SC's zoo.
Will be there for 10 days.   
Today SJ and I are doing a mega shopping trip in Jackson, TN.  Mostly groceries and pet supplies.
Have my lists.  Routes plotted.  Hopefully, get it all done and be back home before dark.
SJ received a $100 Target gift card from work.  Going to use it to stock up on paper products, 
cleaning supplies, etc.  Cut some of the costs from the usual Christmas grocery bill.

Cindy,  awe...Didi is so cute!  I would love to have heard her order the enchiladas with fries. 
See her dancing to Mexican music. 

jj,  Costco and Sams club at this time of year is a zoo.  You are a brave woman.
Bet your husband had to be really nervous that a distracted shopper or child would
run into his leg.  No Bueno!  

Twirls,  glad you had some fun and company yesterday.  Funny story about LadyBug and the straws.
I took your lead and packed my own stainless steel straw on the last couple of trips SOB.  

Badger,  hope the internet issues clear up soon.  Miss you!

MB,  hope all is well with you.  Especially pray that you get to enjoy Christmas with your family this year.  
Stay healthy and strong.  Hugs

Bernie,  did you find the friction cars for the grandsons yet?  

Uphill,  have you had the snowshoes out on the weekends yet? 

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/15 10:47:33 (permalink)
+1 (1)
The Lu Ray pitcher and bowl

post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2019/12/15 16:14:03

Video
Pix
YouTube

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/15 14:39:12 (permalink)
+1 (1)
PJamigo
Uphill,  have you had the snowshoes out on the weekends yet? 

Not yet. We had some snow on the ground, but over the past two weeks, we have had some heavy rain melting it away. We need some snow, a good deal of bare ground now. Happens every winter. Just when the skiing gets real good, here comes some heavy rain. I have been skinning up the mountain as they have blown enough snow on the groomers that are open to withstand the rain. 

Did some adaptive ski training today. Very rewarding work, and a good time. Part of the deal is that you can take as many lessons as you want, no charge! I've had 2 to work on my personal skiing and 3 for adaptive purposes. Clinics start January 1st, I'm on every Monday. 

Have a great day all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/15 15:49:54 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Not sure of this will post or not, this is what we came home to.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/16 05:36:54 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning
That's an impressive pile of snow, Paul. Don't hurt yourself removing it.
We had just a dusting yesterday morning. Wind was up again, and as we drove to church yesterday, outside temp was 10. Glad I wore my big, long and warm coat. 21 now, only rising a little more. Might get another dusting this morning, but so happy the big storm is moving south of us.
Not a pretty game yesterday, but Packers are division leaders. Was funny to see the Chiefs making snow angels, that happens here more than it does in KC, I'd wager.

Finally got the cards all ready to mail. I'll take them to the post office this morning, as I have 3 cards going to Canada and they'll need special postage. Then I'll need to start wrapping. But first chore is the laundry. Again.

Where is MB??
Bernie, Didi turns 3 on Jan. 4th. And she ate most of the enchilada, only a few of the fries. One of the fries she DID eat she dunked in the sauce that came with my chorizo street tacos, too hot for me! The chorizo is spicy enough without the sauce. Then my son and DIL tried it, and they thought it was pretty darn hot as well, even my son who has a cast iron stomach. I dipped a teeny tiny corner of one of the tortillas in it and had to take a BIG sip of my margarita.

Hope your shopping trip went well, PJ.
Have a beautiful day, those of you in the path of the storm, stay safe!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/16 05:56:34 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning Snow Angels, it's Moanday.

Internet seems to be better today.

Yesterday I fixed a garage door for the guy who had plowed my driveway after the last big storm and a smaller storm while we were gone. He was so happy that I fixed the door and also the opener that he said he will plow the rest of the winter for nothing! I had also hooked him up with a big plowing job for a client of mine so he was grateful for that, too. Works for me.
I'm taking the day off from work to get my roofs shoveled off, not looking forward to it.

Maybe MB is still celebrating the Vikings win? Big game next Monday between the Packers and Vikes, hope I can stay awake to watch it.

Wonder how Twirls is doing?

Wag more....bark less.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/16 06:26:56 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all
I'm hanging in there although what I thought might be an allergy turned into a full blown cold/possible flu.  Both type of symptoms.  I'm hoping it doesn't interfere with my first treatment because I'm now scheduled to fly out on Sunday morning the 22nd.  I scheduled to give myself a couple of days rest after the injection to make sure I had no reaction or side affects.  I don't want to go home without starting with treatment but I'm really ready to go home now however I feel so bad now I'd hate to try it in the next couple of days.  I've been in bed so long my butt hurts.  Yesterday I didn't get farther than the front patio.  One of the servers went to the pharmacy for me.  I see the Dr this evening in her PM office here.  I'll know more then hopefully.
I swear I've lost more weight when I usually gain down here but no appetite for a few days.  Maria, at Clandestinos, a restaurant behind Chedruari is making me some chicken soup today.

The pool here was drained, cleaned and a new filter system was installed.  I was introduced to the"BIG BOSS", another lovely woman, and I told her I thought they were finally getting things done that needed attention for a long time and how grateful I was.  I congratulated her and bragged about the new manager, Bianca, for stepping up the standards.  They both beamed with delight.

Cindy, I love the gift.  You chose well, I think.

Hugs to all but I'm already worn out just poking at the letters.
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/16 06:30:42 (permalink)
+1 (1)
78 yesterday and 40 today. Crazy!  What a game yesterdays. Finally one that was fun to watch. Go Cowboys.

Where is MB?

Awesome on the plowing Badger, but not so much on the roof snow removal. Be careful.

That Didi! So cute.

Happy Moanday all!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/16 06:31:39 (permalink)
BTW, I decided I don't need to smoke cigarettes anymore.  I opened a pack on Saturday morning and just now am smoking the last one in that pack.  I have 3 packs to last me through next Sunday.

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/12/16 06:33:04 (permalink)
+1 (1)
So sorry to hear you are sick Twirley. Sucks when you are far from home. Hope that chicken soup will help. Keep up those fluids.

Page: << < ..10561057105810591060.. > >> Showing page 1059 of 1079
Jump to:
© 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5