AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..10461047104810491050.. > >> Showing page 1048 of 1059
Author
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/22 09:23:58 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Dark, dreary and raining here.  
Chimney Doc was a no show yesterday.  Called me in the evening to apologize.
Said he had a job go wrong.  Bad day.  He will be here this afternoon.  That will be fine.
I will be home all day.  First time in 18 yrs he has missed an appointment.  
Did the laundry, ironed clothes for SJ and started laying out my clothes for packing in a suitcase.
Gathering up pet supplies to take across the street.  Washed pet bedding.  
SC wants to have an early Thanksgiving dinner with us on Sunday after we arrive and get the trailer unloaded. 
They had already purchased a turkey.  Zac will bake the turkey.
I've ordered a ham dinner with all the sides and pies from a Boston Market near their home in Cary, NC.
Don't think SC realizes that it usually takes me 1 day of shopping.  Then 2 days of cooking to fix Thanksgiving dinner.
She does now.  We will have to take the short cut on this meal.  
Today I will finish packing and battening down the house.  Take pet supplies and beds across the street.

Badger,  I was just joking.  Jan. 1st is when SJ will have 4 weeks of vacation again.  
He plans to go see his mother in Des Plaines, IL for her birthday on Jan. 8th. 
So no SOB at that time.  

Bernie, the cat's chase me game usually takes place after dark.  Doubt I could get a picture.

Cindy,  sure hope your son starts feeling better soon.  Not good for someone so young to get
knocked so low by this virus.  Poor guy.  

Twirls,  nice score on the art supplies.  You did good!  

Well, better get moving here.   Wishing all of you a wonderful day!  Hugs

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/22 16:02:34 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Well I don't have breast cancer at least in that boob.  The other one still hurts but nothing showed on the mammogram so nothing is planned to figure out why.  After this gallbladder HIDA scan today, I have decided unless something is bad enough to call an ambulance or kill me, then it will be left to it's own devices.  I'm done with this carp of being poked, prodded, scanned, and tortured.  I still have blood labs next Monday and see the rheumatologist Tuesday.  I have to stay up with that and I'll have to see my GP every 3 months for meds I need.  Other than that, I hope to not bother with anything else.

Chris is still among the living probably because I've been gone most all of the day.  I did tell his buddy, Levi, that Chris was on thin ice and if he didn't want to see his friend homeless in winter, he should have a talk with him.  I'm giving up talking to a 5 year old brain in a 53 year old body.
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29470
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/22 17:07:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Praying for good results Twirley and also for your eldest Cindy. Could be have gotten a tick bite , Lyme disease, or perhaps an inner ear infection?
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/22 17:10:22 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Great news Twirley!

Gracias Frank. Sadly, I slept through it.
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/22 17:13:09 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Walking by ABR after snorkeling down and then the walk back. Holy moley. Times have changed. Full on AI nut to butt on the beach. Gazillions of people, not my bliss , but they looked happy.

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/22 17:24:13 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Cindy - it might be Labrynthitis. That can cause all those symptoms.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/22 18:27:47 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  26 and clear skies.  Sun shiny day for the most part.  Got my walking in mid morning and then stopped at Home Depot to check out their CO combo fire alarms both hard wired and battery powered.  I need two of each.  Seriously folks, I was so overwhelmed with the selection I told the kiddo I would be back after I talked to my electrician.  Headed back home and good thing as Christine showed up earlier.  Had some coffee here and then headed out for a late breakfast at the Lone Oak Grill.  Meant to take pics but completely forgot.  We were busy catching up on things.  Came back to the house and she helped me figured out what went wrong with my 2016 property tax refund.  MN Department of Revenue sent me a letter that I was overpaid and owe them close to $700 including interest.  Hopefully I won't make that mistake on future filings.  I will be good for tax year 2017 as income was too high that year and last year's filing was done by my accountant.  Live and learn as the saying goes.

Holly, thanks for sharing the good news.  

Cindy, sorry to hear about eldest son.  That's a long time to be that sick for a person his age.

PJ, safe travels this weekend.  Thanks goodness for brother across the street.  Good idea on the Boston Market meal.  Take care.

Crunchie, thanks for checking in.  You have a beautiful stretch of weather for next week or so.  Sounds like the holiday crowds are building.

Bernie, I was just curious about the tracks.  

Badger, getting interesting with the B10 West line-up.  Go Gopher's.

Have a great evening all.  MB

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3798
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/22 20:18:59 (permalink)
+1 (1)
MB, if you go with a battery powered alarm, get a spare battery and one with the battery on the outside so you don't have to take it off the wall. Speaking from experience here, mine just had to be replaced after going off at 2am. Luckily it was the one in the living room and not the bedroom.

Holly, glad to hear your biopsy results turned out OK.

C&C, hope son feels better soon, crunch had some good ideas.

I don't watch as much college football as I used to but tomorrow is the annual Crosstown Game (USC vs UCLA) which this year is mostly for the traditional bragging rights since SC is only 7-4. Reminds me of watching the game every year with the family. Mom (USC graduate), me and sister on one side of the living room, my brother the rebel and my father (I just want to see a fair game) on the other side. Just checked and I have microwave popcorn and a Stouffer's French Bread pizza in stock.

Thanks for the snorkel update, crunch, glad you got there safely.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/22 20:46:22 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Cindy, I totally apologize for failing to mention your son.  I do he recovers quickly.  Drs...humph...
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/23 05:36:45 (permalink)
Good Morning
Thanks, Crunch. I just sent him an email. It does seem to fit what is going on with him, and he did start out with more flu-like symptoms, plus this all began after right after he flew home from a business conference in Orlando. (ear pressure?)

Nice chatting with you, Holly, sorry I couldn't talk longer.

A frosty clear and cold morning here. The last vestiges of snow are gone, and when I let the dogs out earlier, the deck was sparkling in the moonlight. They heard something just now and wanted to go back out. When I opened the door, Sophie literally leapt out and proceeded to skid half way across. Joey was much more sedate in his exit. Sun will come out later and temps will rise to 40.

Have a wonderful day, all!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/23 06:22:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Woke up pretty early for me ( 4:45 ). My guess too much egg salad sandwich yesterday. Freddie didn't want to get off my bed until I made the coffee and 'rattled' her dry food. She probably thought I was leaving for a trip; she will see me packing the suitcase on Monday for trip with Debby to Virginia to spend Thanksgiving with our youngest brother Larry. Once the suitcase is out, she will know something is up.

Nice warm temp out this AM : 56F at 6:29 with a high of 64 degrees. Cloudy all day.

Made it to the beach yesterday and I was amazed that it was empty of people. You will see in my pictures and think "where is everyone" ? Not normal. After my walk I went to my usual place for lunch.

Today I'll do a load or two of laundry. Maybe a beach walk if it's not raining.

PJ, I hope you and hubby have a good and safe trip to N.C. and back. I have driven through Cary on a trip to
Asheville once but really don't know much about it. The ham with all the 'fixins' from Boston Market sound like a fantastic ides. Ah, I see about the "chase game". Elphie has the advantage at night !

MB, will let you know when I find out, you curious gal you.

Good news for you, Holly. If you do decide to shoot Chris, I'll offer my help with disposing of the body in the car trunk. As you know, I have experience with that job in Mexico ( poor guard at ABR ).

Crunch, did you take any pictures of the ABR crowds that you wish to share ? Miss those days at the old Moon Rise Bar.

Hi Jamie.

Hi Cindy.

Time to move along.
Pics from yesterday's beach walk to follow.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/23 06:24:06 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Can you find anyone to the South ?

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/23 06:25:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
How about to the North ?

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/23 06:27:26 (permalink)
+1 (1)
High tide starting to come ashore.

Weekend at Bernie's
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/23 09:45:18 (permalink)
Good news Twirls.  Won't comment on the prune but still need tips on the you know what. After my disappointing doctor's appointment I  tried again Friday and just couldn't do it.  Not given up though! 
Having our Thanksgiving today with Kev and his family.  Will be great to see them all, especially my buddy Kayden.  Growing like a weed and getting smarter by the minute.  Hope Kensley follows his ways but too early to recognize being only 4 months as of today.
Early Thanksgiving wishes to all!
post edited by CallMeFrank - 2019/11/23 09:53:03
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/23 15:32:38 (permalink)
Crazy day. Loaded Cindy's van with the burning and drove to the brush pile at the west end of the property to burn it. Decided it was too windy and headed back to the house. Of course the van got stuck. I found my friend Jake who was working at his garage even though he is usually closed on Saturday. He came over to help me after he wrapped up at the garage. He got his tow truck stuck. He called his buddy the Sheriff to bring a second tow truck. Everything is unstuck and the van is back in the garage. Lots of great ruts in the lawn. The van is still full of burning and of course in the midst of all of this the dogs got in the van and now there are muddy footprints on all the seats. No pictures were taken.

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/23 17:00:59 (permalink)
+1 (1)
My apologies for the lack of pictures. My phone stays in the condo and my water camera is not internet enabled. It is Tomas's dumb old cast off lol!
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/23 17:02:55 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  41 now with sunny skies but sun is a setting now.  Been inside all day.  Up early and changed bedding in MB.  Holly called and then had some more coffee and cleaned both bathrooms.  Spent most of the day paying bills and organizing and throwing out paperwork.  For whatever reason it took several hours.  Decided to put the new oven on "self-clean" since I purchased three years ago.  Seamed to work okay for a setting of 3.50 hrs. and opened the slider on storm door on deck side for some fresh air.  That's always an awful smell.  Pretty odd that I had to remove the two racks and clean by hand.  Not like my previous oven.

Pablo, hope you are enjoying the guy's weekend.  Go Badgers and well done Gophers.

Holly, get busy girl.  You gotta lot of loose ends you need to wrap up. So glad you made it through those tests this past week.  Now on to some fun times you are deserving of.

Chris, I'm thinking you are in a bit of trouble over Cindy's van and do I need to say more?

Jamie, total agreement with easier than not.  The two on 3rd level vaulted ceilings are a bugger.  The two on lower ceilings are manageable on a shorter ladder but still a PITA.  Will let you know how I resolve.

Bernie, hey silly dob't worry about the tracks in the sand.  Was curious as some of the beaches in Galveston allowed private vehicles to pull down to the sand.  Assuming that's not the case there.   Will be a fun time with Larry and Debby.  When do you head out?  

Pam, hope you all arrived safely.  An exhausting day.  Have a restful fun filled evening with all the critters and family.  Hugs.

Frank, glad to see you still have your sense of humor.  Hope you thoroughly enjoyed your pre-Thanksgiving celebration with family.  Hope you took some pics and will share.  Hugs.

Edit:  Kim, no added worries.  Think we will all be okay.

Peace and be well.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/11/23 17:04:38

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/23 18:08:16 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening BCers!  
Everything worked as planned this morning. 
Left the house at 5 a.m.  Picked up SC at Nashville airport at 7:00 a.m.
Had a quick breakfast.  Then to the apartment to access the situation.
SC decided there were items she didn't want.  So we started by making a quick trip to Goodwill with donations.
Then came back loaded up the truck.  Then on to UHaul to get the trailer.  Back to apartment for rest of the load.
We were loaded on the road by 10:30 a.m.  1 1/2 hours ahead of schedule.
Made it to Newport, TN around 3:30 p.m.  Gassed up the truck.
Ate a late lunch/early dinner meal at Cracker Barrel.  Then checked into Holiday Inn Express where we had reservation. 
We were all exhausted.  Laid down for a nap.  SJ and I woke up.  SC is still sleeping and more than likely do so until tomorrow morning.  Totally exhausted.  Poor girl. 
So we are in for the night.  Rolling on to Cary, NC in the morning.  Hoping to be there by 2:00 p.m.

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/24 04:30:37 (permalink)
Good Morning
PJ, glad things are going well with the trip. Keep forgetting to mention Chris has a relative in Cary. Aunt Betsy. Lives in a retirement community there. I don't think I've ever met her, but I do send a Christmas card every year.

Not real happy about the condition of my car. After church this morning, will stop for some upholstery cleaner. Will try brushing out the paw prints first, then use the cleaner. Did NOT need this to deal with, as I have Thanksgiving dinner planning and prep on my plate already. (Holly, I may need some help hiding the body!)

Since the Packers are now the night game (), I may try and get a head start on the Monday laundry today, too. So much to do, so little time.
Have a great day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/24 07:16:37 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Sun just now starting to peek out and weather lady says a nice sunny day today. Somewhat odd that the current temp is 53F at 6:59 and the high is forecast to make it to 60 degrees. We got that band of rain last night that move across the country with some bursts of wind. I was just getting to sleep when I heard the ruckus around 11:30.

Yesterday I made it to the beach for about a 40 minute walk. Wind wasn't bad and I caught the tail end of low tide. Spotted one lone fisherman in the distance to the North and walked to that point to chat a bit with him to see if any luck. He had landed two Whiting that were a good size to keep and was hoping to get a few more. They are supposed to be good eating.  After my walk I headed to Fibber's for lunch.

Oh, I forgot to mentioned that I have befriended a couple of 'beach cats' when I start my walks. One is an orange tabby and he or she comes out to greet me when it hears my truck, meowing and begging food. There are a couple of plastic bowls under the stairs for food and water so someone else has been providing stuff. I have been bringing some of Freddie's dry food and fresh water out of my water bottle. I don't see the other cat every time; it is a solid black one and is more skittish. Both cats are not skinny. Will try to get a picture.

Today I might not do a beach walk as the wind might not be favorable. I'll put on my hoodie and see how bad the wind will be off the ocean.

Wow PJ. A long day on the road for everyone yesterday. Now a drive today through the N.C. mountains and down to the Raleigh Durham area. Hope all is good and no problems. Keep your energy level up. Safe travels !

MB, I swung by the Ocean Isle Beach Police Dept building yesterday right after my walk. Yes, they do patrol the beach and the officer says that County vehicles and/or the Fire Chief also drive the beach from time to time. OIB P.D. uses Ford Explorer's with all wheel drive and regular "street" tires. No other unauthorized vehicles are allowed. I was also curious about the tire tracks; mystery solved.  Debby and I leave for Thanksgiving in Virginia Tuesday morning.

Crunch, bummer about no pictures but the important thing for you and Tomas is having a good time. Hope you are getting some great tasting SHRIMP !!

Oh my, Cindy. Your van was hijacked by Chris and it got stuck to boot. At least the dogs had fun. Yikes !

Working on last cup of coffee so that's it for me today. Beach pictures to follow.
See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/24 07:19:11 (permalink)
oops, no beach pictures. Someone deleted them...that darn cat !!  Found them; operator error.

post edited by Beach Bernie - 2019/11/24 07:23:11

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/24 07:25:12 (permalink)
Foggy mixed with misty rain. One lone couple to the South

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/24 07:27:25 (permalink)
Same mist to the North. Imagine that. Hee,hee.

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/24 09:35:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all
Sorry Cindy, but I had to LOL!  I can only imagine.  Since there are now big ruts in the ground, you'd have a good start on a hole!  Just use HIS car to make the ruts a bit deeper...

Crunch, no pictures were expected but always appreciated.  You can post them when you do your trip report!

Hope Badger is winning at poker!

Chris is on good behavior and therefore still alive.

I am currently having to repeat to myself, "You are NOT Allowed IN ANYMORE Christmas decorating stores.  You are NOT ALLOWED in anymore Christmas decorating stores!" I went in search of a small container for a premade floral arrangement which I already had.  I have no idea what happened to the container it was previously in but now its about a 6 x6 square of floral foam with all the pretty stuff still arranged.  I went to 2 stores.  Came home with several containers of various kinds and more floral stuff.  I'm kinda tired of the previous decorating colors and themes so I probably won't even use the thing I was trying to find a container for.  It may be torn apart and reused in something else.  Started redoing the wreaths I have with other colors.  I have used about every color under the rainbow at Christmas but never the traditional red and green.  Naturally, that is what appeals to me this year...
I'm glad I have run out of time for any more shopping and will be gone for a while.  I need Barney Fife to NIP THIS IN THE BUD!

Today is more decorating and starting to pack for KC.  Mexico clothes will be pretty much the same as before and they are easily located...I think. Monday is Labs and Manicure.  Tuesday is massage and the RA Dr appointment.  Wednesday I need to be ready to go because the weather may be treacherous on Thursday morning, when I planned to leave early.  I may have to leave Wednesday instead.  

No KC football today so I have the whole day.  Shoot, I forgot I have to go to Walgreens…I may need blinders to get past the Christmas stuff!

Enjoy your Sunday. 
Page: << < ..10461047104810491050.. > >> Showing page 1048 of 1059
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5