AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..10411042104310441045.. > >> Showing page 1045 of 1058
Author
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/15 09:56:53 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Blue sky and sunshine here.  Leaves are falling like snow. 
Just finished yard patrol with Cudi.  She was feeling very frisky.
Bouncing through the leaves with the cat.
Enjoying my first cup of coffee now. 
Last night was pretty exciting.  Yes, I did know about the upcoming engagement of SC and Zac.
Zac came to ask permission to marry SC and talk about taking her to Raleigh just before our trip to Cozumel. 
But ask that we keep the engagement a secret.  He so wanted to surprise SC with the proposal. 
He did it up right.  Very good young man.  SJ and I couldn't be more pleased for them.  They are a good match.
Have no idea when or where the wedding will happen yet.  Thinking at least another year from now. 
Today Zac's parents are helping them move to Raleigh.  Going to be a long day of driving.
Pray they all make it safe and sound.  

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/15 10:57:02 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Shoot.  Lost a post while having to pamper the cat...

Badger, I hope your eye recovers well.  That can be so dangerous and scary.  My dad got hit in the eye with a screw and was in the hospital for 3 days after surgery.  I got a hot ember from a bonfire in mine and they had to scrape my retina.  Both pretty frightening.  Take care not to get infected. 

PJ!  OMG!!!  CONGRATS to SC and her fiancé! HOW EXCITING!  A wedding to plan!  Any news on when, what and where?  I'll be looking forward to hearing all the details. 

Yesterday wasn't a good day.  Spent 1.5 hours on the phone trying, ONCE AGAIN, to straighten out my hotel reservation for Thanksgiving.  If I didn't think it would be a fight to get a refund (a non refundable rate)  I would cancel now.  Has to be one of the worst customer service situations I've been involved with.  However, I think I have finally gotten an acceptable room.  Thanksgiving dinner is now another matter.  I knew the whole Plaza would be VERY BUSY and I finally convinced Angela that we needed to make dinner reservations NOW!  She apparently didn't realize just how busy it would be and obviously thought they could waltz in somewhere and be served.  WRONG unless you want to eat before 11 AM or after 9 PM.  She called several places and got the same answer.  The hotel seems to be the best bet and that was what I had kinda planned.  I plan to arrive early at my hotel, with a prearranged early check in, and stay within the confines of the hotel for the rest of the day.  If the hotel shuttles are running, it will be tough to get anywhere on the Plaza.  Uber may also be impossible to get.  10 of thousands of people converge on a 15 block area.  

I also had another abdominal cramp or colon twist or whatever it is.  It happened while driving to dinner and I almost had to pull off the highway.  The only thing I can do to help relieve it  is to lean backwards as stretch as much as possible.  It usually eases up but isn't normal again for a long while.  I can barely eat after and usually a liquid diet is best for a day.  I told my Dr that it is happening more frequently than ever. He doesn't think it's an abdominal muscle cramp.   We are both hoping the HIDA scan on Thursday shows a reason.  Otherwise, back to square one.  I don't think I can live with this, at least not long because I will starve to death,  so it's got to be fixable somehow.  It's been the same problem for a long time but has gotten so much worse.  

Today is looking good so far except some residual discomfort from the cramp.  Plan to stay in and get some housework done.  If I do a little each day, I can stay up on it, with Chris's help.  I do realize that he's very valuable with all the chores.  I wish he had more activities away from the house, like working lawn care with Levi.  However that's pretty well simmered down.  They will have some work with leaf removal and gutter cleaning but the leaves aren't really down yet.

better go as the phone is ringing again. 
nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13725
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/15 13:49:06 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Oh PJ, that is wonderful! Congratulations to SC and Zac and to all of you. We will all be waiting to hear about plans, when it gets to that stage. 
Badger, you asked about the tree with the red berries and the white fluffy hats. It is a hawthorn and that one is about 15 feet tall. They have white or pink flowers in the spring, red berries in late fall and winter and in late winter, spring, they will be covered in Cedar Waxwings for a couple of days. I love having them through the winter, although they are not on our property.

AASB 2018 created good memories. Getting ready for 2019!!
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/15 15:26:51 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Afternoon
Had a fun morning with Seth at his school. Teacher gave us homework. LOL. Questions to answer about when we were in school. First question was did you have a best friend in school and are you still friends? I wrote yes, her name is Carol and we are still friends. Seth's friend Liam (whose has only 1 grandparent left and that lives in Florida) leaned over and asked if I was really still friends with Carol and I said yes, I talked with her 2 days ago. His eyes got wide and he said "Wow". I got the feeling he has moved around a lot and I felt like I wanted to be a surrogate Grandma to him. Nice kid. Hope he and Seth stay friends.

Nipper, I thought those might be Hawthorns. I have one in the back yard and love that cheery pop of red all winter. And the Cedar Waxwings when they show up in the spring. Have tried to plant many things that provide food for the birds; highbush cranberry, lots of elderberry, and of course, they like to eat the berries on the asparagus fronds. Goldfinch have to forage on their own...living in the country, there is no end to the thistles they prefer. Just wish they wouldn't poop out the seeds on our property! LOL

Gosh, Holly, I hope you get some answers, and SOON! Be well, girlfriend.
Gotta run-
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/15 17:49:20 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  Another beautiful weather day.  37 now with no wind.  Got a 30 minute brisk walk in at indoor track.  More returns afterwards and then headed over to church to say goodbye to Pastor Chuck on his last day.  I was determined not to get teary eyed....failed miserably but glad I stopped.  Then headed home. It was so nice I decided to change out the fall decor to Christmas in the entryway and then vacuumed the carpet in Toyota.  A beautiful sunset in process.  Garret and Rudolph.  Good grief, enough is enough.

Hey Bobski.  Look forward to hearing about your ski day. Been meaning to ask if you still like that new ride of yours?  

Sorry Holly about all your gut issues.  I agree that this needs to be diagnosed and treated very soon.  Did you have a CT scan yet?  Certainly hope you got your room accommodations and dinner reservations resolved for Thanksgiving.  Good grief why do things always have to get so mucked up?  

Cindy, sweet story about your life long friendship with Carol and Seth and his buddy.  You are a wise and compassionate person.  Shakopee is about 19 miles from my home.  

PJ, thanks for the back story on Zac and SC.  What a sweet and romantic proposal.  Hope the move went smoothly with safe travel today.  Keep us updated on SC's job interview.

Kim, you cracked me up with your early morning post.  Get packing that snorkel gear.  That tropical weather will be the cure.  Edit:  Yes, I am enjoying the classes and physical activity.  I just need to stick with it and make it a long term good habit.  Back at it on Monday.  

Bernie, nice you could get together with Sis.  Happy to hear that she is acclimating so well.  Going on two years?

Yikes, Badger.  How come that big bear keeps coming around?  I'm glad you are not doing any jobs out-of-town now so you can take appropriate action, if necessary.

Will be cheering on the Gopher's tomorrow.  Be well, MB.
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/11/15 18:02:44

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/16 05:18:32 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Saturday.

More info on the bear....night before last I was already sleeping, but Babs was still awake and hearing a noise on the deck outside our kitchen, she walked over to the window and that &%$@ing bear was 2 feet away from her and had his nose pressed against the window glass, so she immediately turned on the lights and then the dogs saw the bear and went crazy barking at it. The bear ran off the deck, knocking over a large section of the handrail as he went. I looked at it after work yesterday and he had managed to break a 2" x 6" stringer down it's entire length when he knocked the railing down. These critters are immensely strong and since he has gotten so bold we may have to fire a warning shot or two the next time he gets that close. He is really starting to p!ss me off.

Rant over, I gotta get to work, hope you all have a wonderful day. Go Badgers!

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/16 06:37:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Feeling  grumpy. Eldest called last night and is still not feeling well. He was going to be the driver to and from Illinois this afternoon/evening. Now Chris wants to cancel going at all. I am just too pi$$ed off to even talk to him now. (that and I've only gotten half way through my coffee.) Not the way I wanted to wake up.

Badger, I hope you get that bear situation straightened out soon. After you told us about the latest incident last night, I had restless nightmares about you, Babs, and the doggies. With this weather warm up, that dang bear may become even bolder. Please be careful in the mornings when you head out to your workshop at 0dark:30!

I got nothin' else. Need to have more coffee and hash things out with Chris.
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/16 06:39:18 (permalink)
-1 (1)
MB, it was a great first day of skiing for me. This was actually the third day the resort was open, but my pass wasn't valid for last weekend. Some of the trails higher up on the mountain were nice and smooth, but as you came down the mountain, you ran into "death cookies". Yeah, that's what we call them. These are hard frozen chunks of snow that about golf ball or tennis ball sized all over the trail. Kinda like skiing on large marbles. There are techniques for skiing these things (which I have learned) so it was not too much of an issue, but a few folks had some trouble with them.

Then, someone said, they have whales on Right Stuff, a popular expert trail. A whale is large pile of snow from a snow gun that has been set up running and making just a long pile of snow, that very much resembles a whale. They are often 40 feet long, 8 feet high and perhaps 15 feet wide. They had these all the way down Right Stuff. It was just like riding a roller coaster down this steep trail. We don't go straight down though, we criss cross back and forth across these, and, well, it is just a hoot navigating this!

My new ride, a 2019 Honda CRV with the EX-L trim. I like it a lot. Of course, it is nice to have a "new vehicle", but I like some of the upgrades and features over my 2015 model. The engine is tiny, with a super charger, and performance is similar to my last one. Gas mileage is up 2 MPG to 32  overall. It is more comfy, they've upgraded the seats. More room and more comfy seats in the back. Power tailgate. Just incremental upgrades all around that overall make for a nice vehicle.

But what I really like about it are the safety upgrades. I have lane keeping assistance, and I have driven some of the windy hilly roads here with my hand off the wheel, just to see what it does! I still have to maintain control and actually drive the vehicle. In adaptive cruise control, it will bring the car to a stop, and even resume if it is stop and go traffic. It will notify you to apply the brake, and then apply it for you if you get too close in stop and go traffic. I have not driven it towards a wall to find out what happens!!! LOL!!! If the car is applying the brake, say, because the car in front of you is turning off, it will keep applying the brake until the car is completely out of my lane. As I try to swing around the car, a little bit, to get by, if I hit the gas, I am overruling the safety systems immediately and am able to accelerate around the turning car. Otherwise is just a tad too conservative for me in that one feature. But if I am actively driving, I am in control. All these safety systems do not remove control from the driver. I really like that. (Yeah, I'm thinking about the 737 max issues). 

So over the past few weeks, I have basically been learning how all these new features work, and am very comfortable using them. More so than I thought I would be. It's a nice safe vehicle. Last week, we were driving the road by Mt Washington, a notorious snowy road, I had zero issues with traction, navigated the entire road with not a single slip or slide or lost traction. I can drive quite effectively in snow in any vehicle, but this car is something else. New technology is something else!

Today, I am going to deal with a couple issues. My freezer has an alarm, for high temps, say, if the door was left open. It has taken to going off several times a day. The alarm is malfunctioning, the freezer is working just fine. I'll try to locate the speaker and disconnect it. 

Folks, Monday means more skiing! Have a great weekend!
post edited by uphillklimber - 2019/11/19 18:03:37

Lovin life,
Bob

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/16 07:25:27 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Freddie out on the screened porch checking the weather. She says it's windy !  I already knew that, as it was the fierce winds that woke me up around 5:30. Our current temp is 49F at 6:51 and the coffee tastes great. Just checking to see if you are paying attention. High today 52 degrees. Showers this AM and it will be steady rain this afternoon. Winds forecast 20 to 30 mph with gusts over 40 mph. Oh my !! 

Badger, Cindy and MB,  I guess y'all know all about that arctic air that is attacking your area. Yikes. Please stay warm.

Yesterday I got one load of laundry done before heading out to lunch. I tried a fried chicken wrap which, isn't what I ordered but that's OK; it tasted good so I ate it anyway. When I got home I decided to wash my house robe and the lap blanket that Freddie likes to snuggle on in the evenings. I could not remember the last time I cleaned those items and they would be full of cat hair. I was correct.

Today I have nothing major in store so not sure what I will do. Weather will not allow anything outside so maybe I'll do a little shopping on line for possible places to stay at Isla Mujeres. I enjoy planning for a new place to go see.

Cindy, sounds like you had a fun time at school with Seth. Maybe one day you can have Seth over to your house and bring his buddy Liam for a visit ...... a nice sunny day. hee,hee

MB, yes, Debby is in her 2nd year since her move and seems to be doing well.

Badger, that bear is heading for trouble !  Be careful with that rascal.

Hi Bob. You're "back on the trails" again.  Good luck on your safe change-out. Doesn't sound like any fun at all.

Time to get ready for the day; been lazy thus far.
See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/16 09:39:25 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Morning all

Badger, YIKES! Do bears come out during daylight hours?  I'd be scared to death to let the dogs out.  I know you have a gun and I'd keep it ready.  I'd probably be carrying one whenever I went out, particularly Babs.  I understand that once a bear gets comfortable and becomes that bold then LOOKOUT!  Next he may try tearing up a window to get a smell of what's inside!  Please be very careful.  (BB, sorry I made reference to using a gun with a live animal, but I didn't mean kill it.  I just meant to scare it off)

Cindy, I hate it when unexpected situations interfere with my well laid plans.  However, these days I just pretty well expect it with my luck.  I hope it turns out to your satisfaction.  Liam sounds as you describe...needing a grandma figure close by and you are the epitome of a good grandma.  I'd choose you too!

PJ, when a window closes, a door opens...   You have so much to look forward to!

MB, I'm ready to get out the Christmas décor too and I believe that is what's on the plans for today.  Its going to be about 50 so Chris is going to put the Halloween stuff in the attic and get down the Christmas décor.  (The attic is in the garage and I have to back the cars out to get to it.  I don't want to do it when it's too cold)  With the travelling I have planned, I won't do a lot.  I'm kinda tired of the same décor I've been using, mostly frosty white and silver,  so I'm going to dig through my older stuff and hopefully come up with something in warmer tones.  Of course, I've had Christmas movies running nonstop except for news times.  
BTW, MB, you have also inspired me to get more exercise and try to build up some strength.  Yesterday I started working with my exercise rubber stretch bands again and I pushed myself to stay moving with housework without sitting down much.  My body feel its today but it's good!  I managed to get clean sheets on my bed by myself.  My hands just won't grasp and pull so it's very hard to get the sheets all the way over the corners and tight.  I am very picky about my bed sheets being tight and well done.  I even like a "foot room fold" at the bottom, like my grandma did.  My niece which helps with the housework when she can, makes my bed perfectly.  It took me a while of struggling but I did it!  I also managed to wipe out the oven after running the self cleaner.  I sat a folding stool in front so I wouldn't have to bend and the minute I sat, the  $#&%%@ thing folded up and I splatted on the floor with a bowl of warm water in my hand.  I ended up with a sponge bath and mopping up the floor but  I did finish the oven!  Plus I did laundry and a few other things.  I was tired out.  Thanks for inspiring me!  Now If I can just find a church I like....

Bob, I'm glad it's SKI TIME for you again.  Good to have something you love to look forward to each day.  Too bad you didn't mention needing a new wall safe...I have an almost new one that had to come out when I remodeled my bedroom, and it hasn't gotten re installed.  I'd have shipped it to you and probably would have been less than a new one.  

I got 2 calls yesterday from the hotel for Thanksgiving.  One from the restaurant manager, who sent me an email of the menus for the day.  The other from a hotel manager to make sure my reservation got straightened out to my satisfaction.  I've decided to eat at the buffet instead of the sit down dinner.  Both are pricey but the buffet includes alcohol including premium drinks, wine etc.  Considering that dinner reservations elsewhere are almost impossible to get and the price of any drinks on the Plaza, the buffet sounds wonderful.  Plus they divided up the dessert course so that you can dine early in the ballroom, and dessert is served at the rooftop bar anytime before 7 pm and it also includes alcohol.  That way I can pace it out and eat more!  I plan to eat at 3 and go for dessert later.  The rooftop will be perfect for viewing the lights and also the firework display after the ceremony.  A KC girlfriend is joining me for dinner and the lighting event.  Of course what started out as a discount on a room through my friends, has turned into costing a lot more than planned but I will only get to do this once.  Jay went skydiving and Nascar driving so... and the stock market has done well ...

Speaking of the market, which hit a new all time high, I decided it's time to make some safety plans...sometime there is going to be a correction.  I'm closing out all self managed accounts and moving it all to managed accounts.  I feel better having a team of experts oversee things and it's where my uncle had his money.  My managed accounts have done as well as the other, even with the fees.

We have sunshine and it's time to get busy.  Cindy, I hope your plans turn out for you!
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/16 10:19:59 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Sunny with a high temp of 54F coming this afternoon.
Just finished a nice walk around the back drive with lil doggie. 
She just loves bouncing around in all the leaves.  
Did the laundry yesterday.  Baked a quiche and some acorn squash for dinner.  
Kept track of SC's journey to Raleigh, NC on my cell phone.  She made it just fine.  Arrived around 10 PM EST.
Fiance's dad and mom were towing the Uhaul trailer.  Fiance driving his car.  
Was more than a little p.o.'d that they left before SC.  Leaving her on her own for the long drive.
Thought they would stay closer together on the road.  Anyway....worried about her all day.  
Guess when they arrived.  Decided not to unload the trailer.  Future MIL told SC she would have to sleep on the floor.
(Hmmmm...woman has a lot to learn...princesses do not sleep on the floor.)  The mom and dad were going to a hotel. 
After a bit of a "try me" staredown.  SC went to the nearest Walmart for a blow-up bed.  Then took a hot bath.
Her last text said she was feeling much better.  More angelic.  Going to sleep. 

(OMG! SC looks like her daddy.  But I saw myself in that deal. )  

The Uhaul trailer used was not big enough.  There are still items in the apartment. 
Including a blow-up bed, they wouldn't let SC take.   
So it looks like SC will fly to Nashville and I will meet her at the airport. 
Help her get the rest of her stuff to Raleigh in my truck.
Shut down the apartment turn in the keys.  I am going to take the trip nice n slow.  Enjoy the scenery.  
It will all be ok.  

Cindy,  hope you get to go to the party.  Time to throw a hissy fit.  LOL

Badger,  is the bear trying to move in?  That is scary!

MB,  glad you are enjoying the exercising and meeting new people.

Uphill,  Ski on!  Sounds awesome!  Sorry, you have to install the new safe.  But it is for the best.

Bernie,  stay warm.  Enjoy your day planning Isla Mujeres trip.
Sadly SJ doesn't want to go to Isla.  That was the last place he spent time with his best buddy before
Bill passed away. 

Nipper,  that was a beautiful winter snow pic.  Loved it!  

Jamie,  glad you are still getting MOW.  Hopefully, you are gaining a bit of weight and feeling stronger.

Twirls,  pray your tummy is feeling better.  In my 30s went through a few years of IBS so bad.  It felt
just like being stabbed by a knife in the tummy.  Awful!  Lost so much weight.  
Sj is also very happy with stock market.  Moving and shifting into safer harbors for retirement years. 

All I have...   Wishing everyone a great day!  Hugs

post edited by PJamigo - 2019/11/16 10:24:55

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/16 17:00:30 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good afternoon.  Another beautiful day here. 44 now with fair skies.  Haven't really accomplished much of anything today other than many trips to the banyo after a cleanse.  Sorry for the unpleasant topic but it was the first step recommended by GI specialist.  Hopefully this will take care of my gut issues or we move on to step two, CT scan.

Bob, excellent on your first ski day of the season.  Sounds like you had a great time.  Your new vehicle sounds very nice.  I would certainly enjoy the safety features but no new vehicle for me right now.  I'd rather put the spend towards additional home improvements here over the next year. I barely put on 3,000 miles since last oil change one year ago.  But then again, I was alternating driving the Honda/Toyota.  Glad you are happy with your investment.  Too bad about replacing the safe.  Sounds like a PITA.

Bernie, news flash.  No arctic blast here silly.

Cindy, sure hope you worked things out.  

Holly, I sure hope you post some pics of your upcoming trip.  It sounds lovely and memorable.  Keep an eye on your mail this next week.  And, as far as inspiring you that's all good.  Neighbor Mary Jo inspired me and I just need to stick with this until it becomes a healthy habit, usually 30 days.  I need the cardio, core strengthening, balance, et al   

I don't know Badger, but that bear seems pretty assertive.  I think I would have had a cardio event with a bear at the window. Seriously, Babs is one bold chica.  Sorry about the damage.  Please, please be careful.

Kim, looks like you will have amazing weather sargasso free.  So excited for you.

Pam, you had me laughing about the future MIL comments about sleeping arrangement for SC. Glad she arrived safely. You win the best Mom ever award in my book. Hope the rest of the move goes well. Take care.  And, thanks for your encouragement on the exercise.  It has been nice to meet some new people and they've been so welcoming.  

Gopher's are taking a beating from the Hawkeyes.  May have to head downstairs and watch something on the DVR.  Lots of folks on Akumal web cam today.  Tourist season starting to pick up.  Beautiful evening to all, MB.
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/11/16 17:08:04

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/17 05:31:33 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Sunday.

Bear Update: we haven't seen or heard him the last two nights, I'm hoping that the dogs barking furiously at him made him think twice about coming back. Bears really do not like dogs, in fact some years ago we had a female Springer Spaniel here and she chased a mama bear and cubs right up a nearby pine tree. We have also been leaving a light on at night on the deck, which we normally do not do, so we will see. No, I really do not want to kill the bear, but if I feel my wife or doggies are threatened I will not hesitate. Yes, we have firearms readily available and Babs is quite a good shot, as we used to target practice frequently. If we do see him again we will fire a couple of shots over his head and see what happens, hopefully he will head for hibernation soon.

MB, sorry, but I can't feel bad about your Gophers losing for the first time, this might set up a showdown for the Big 10 West title in a couple of weeks with the Badgers. Maybe we can have a side bet?

PJ, you & SJ must be so proud of SC, awesome story!

Bernie, how's your weather today, we actually had high near 40 yesterday and it looks like highs will be mid 30s all week...heat wave!

I wonder if C&C made it to Illinois?

No Packer game today so I have some small jobs people want done before winter sets in that should keep me busy today.

Clurkers, it would be a good day to check in!

Wag more....bark less.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/17 07:16:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning y'all.

Still windy out here Badger !  A steady 20 mph with gusts of 34 mph. I wish you had our warmth of a 55 degree high today. Right now temp is 48F at 7:29. Cloudy this AM turning to partly cloudy this afternoon.

Yesterday I got out of the house for lunch at Fibber's. That was about it. In between laundry loads I spent some time on the PC looking at hotels for May trip. Susy :  please let we travelers that stress out with planning
know when you and Tim have selected your dates. Come on girl, I got some airline points to spend. hee,hee

Today is a stay at home day. I forgot all about washing the bedding yesterday so only one little chore to do.
I'll just have to change the sheets into festive Fall flannels.  Hmmm. Too early for alliteration.

PJ, poor SC. I can't believe they all left her behind and what ?? Sleep on the floor my arst !  I see a cat fight in the future. Sharpen your claws, PJ. ha,ha,ha  Stay safe on the drive to Raleigh.

Good luck with the gut, MB.

Badger, got any more bottle rockets for the bear ?

Time to get ready for the day. I'm thinking maybe some pancakes at Nell's.

See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/17 10:15:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Partly cloudy here.  The high temp will be 55F.  
Typical fall weather here.  Looks like we will have rain for Thanksgiving.
Could have slept longer but the cat wasn't having it.  Pets have had their morning walkabout.
Been fed.  Now time for my coffee.      
Put in a full day of chores yesterday.   Including helping SJ unload a truckload of logs for the woodstove.
Haven't decided what I'll get up today.  Maybe nothing.  LOL   

Wishing all of you a wonderful day.  Hugs

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/17 10:25:59 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

Bernie, I did see that your area was having some rough and windy weather along with high tides.  Good time to stay in with Freddie.

Glad there has been no bear sighting for 2 nights.  Maybe he got full and went to sleep.  I kinda feel sorry for bears that are just trying to get enough to make it thru winter.  I definitely understand that.

MB, we could entertain ourselves discussing out bowel issues on the phone.  LOL!  This is reminding me of the trip that Badger declared "had gone to shirt!"  Now that was funny!

PJ, I hope MIL's attitude is not a sign of the future.  I cannot see SC putting up with being treated that way.  Nor can I see you standing by as it happens.  Good luck with that woman!  Or maybe I should say good luck to her.

No check in from Cindy so obviously they got there.  Or maybe she is in hiding after burying the body?

I felt pretty good yesterday and thought of several things I might get out and do.  I didn't make it farther than the pet food store after getting all cleaned up.  At least Pearl was happy.  She got new toys.  Lily, the lizard and Shirley, the squirrel.  Yes, she knows her toys by name.  

Chris got the Halloween stuff into the attic and the Christmas stuff down.  OMG do I have a lot of Christmas décor!   I have got to quit going to the after Christmas sales!  I've been on a turquoise and silver kick for several years and I'm tired of it but I'm afraid I'll get carried away if I try to add some traditional colors.  However I have this desire to go to the AT HOME store for a look...

Enjoy your Sunday.  Ham hocks and beans are on the menu here.

Gotta go.  Chili is demanding his cuddle time.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/17 11:23:13 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Yes, we made it to the party. The biggest issue was we had planned a turn around when Matt was going to go with us and do the driving. He bailed because he was still feeling unwell. Whatever he caught is hanging on a long time...and I don't want it. Chris found a reasonably priced motel room nearby and booked a room, so we got the dogs to the vet's boarding place, had a great time, and just got home about a half hour ago. Waiting for the pick-up call from the vet. House feels empty with out the pups.

I refuse to get out Christmas stuff until after Thanksgiving. But I will definitely get at it that weekend. A couple of days ago when I went for some groceries, my shopping took me past the coolers full of turkeys. Hadn't planned on buying one yet, but there was SUCH A DEAL! A couple of years ago, Kroger bought the Wisconsin chain of Pick'nSave groceries. I wasn't real happy at first, but have come to love it now. After passing by all the Butterballs and Jennie-Os and what have you, came across Kroger brand early-shopper special. Turkeys priced at $.37 per pound! (all the others were $.97 per lb or higher) Snagged a nice big one. Still have it in the freezer for now, but will have to do some fridge reorganizing when it is time to begin the big thaw. What a deal!

Badger, glad to hear the bear has stayed away. But do remain vigilant!

Good for you gals getting exercise!
PJ, I wouldn't worry too much about SC vs MIL. You raised a strong woman. MIL should be on alert!

No Packer game today, may have to force myself to watch some other football game...but want the doggies home first! Have a great rest of the day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2447
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/17 13:13:23 (permalink)
+3 (3)
little stinker found the blue frosting!
Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3798
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/17 17:05:33 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Badger, hope that bear is curled up in a nice cave for the rest of the winter, too scary!!!

PJ, why not treat yourself to a "do nothing" day? You deserve it, have been pretty busy the last week or so, helping SC with her move, hauling furniture, etc.
Speaking of which, good on SC for not caving in to the future MIL. Sounds like she will have to take a firm stand early on with that one.

Cindy, glad you and Chris made it to the party despite your stubborn son. Have a real nice stayover.

Bernie, flannel sheets went on my bed first week of this month, they are nice and snuggly since it is getting cold at night. We are having a freak warm spell, it is 86F but dropping to 70 on Tuesday with rain possible Wednesday.

Holly, nice to hear about Pearl's new toys, are they still intact? Wishing you all the best with your tests next week.

CBD oil arrived, it helps a little with my lower back, jury is still out on sleep.
Have a new problem with my back, last 3 mornings when I get up, my lower back and buttocks are all stiff and sore (and painful), feel like they are almost fused together. I can best describe it as it makes me feel like Tinman in Wizard of Oz and I want someone to come along with an oilcan.
This morning I could stand it no longer and took a Diclofenic (anti inflammatory) which the GI doctor told me to stop taking. It kicked in within 20 minutes and made me feel lots better and gave me relief but my stomach did not like it one damn bit, so took a Pepcid and drank some Ensure.
There has to be some sort of solution, will try and get in to see my Dr. this week.

MB, hope your stomach problems are being diagnosed and treated, let us know how things are coming.

Safe travels, crunch and Tomas!!!
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/17 17:30:53 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  Church at 8:30.  Broke out the wool ruana today. Was 37 degrees all day.  Substitute Pastor Steve back today for the next six weeks.  He explained to congregation next steps, in much detail, which I appreciated.  Glad the Vikings actually showed up in the second half.  Still in awe that they pulled off a win.  

Badger, send me a PM is you wish to lay down a bet. Glad to hear that the bear has backed down.  Hope it continues. How's the eye?

Twirls, no kidding about certain conversations we could have.   You've got a couple important appointments this week. Will be thinking of you.

Gem. blue is my favorite color. When do you leave for TX?

Cindy, thanks for the update.  Bet the meet up with the pups was priceless.  Have they stopped kissing your legs?

Bernie, I'm dreaming of blueberry pancakes smothered in butter and "real" maple syrup.  Oddly enough...it brought back memories of PoMo and our breakfasts there where I ordered pancakes every morning with a bunch of fun folks.

Pam, rest up before your drive to Raleigh.  

Edit:  Jamie you always seem to sneak in before my posts.  I laughed about the flannel sheets and recent heat wave.  We're not in control.  Hope you get some answers and relief soon sweetie.

Got nothing else. I have been asked to bring danish meatballs smothered in dill sauce to Thanksgiving. Recipe in the Moravian cookbook from my SIL. In the past, Pablito always did this particular dish/sauce. I got this.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/11/17 17:45:57

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/18 04:45:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Clubbers
Been up since about 2:45. Sophie was crying in her kennel and suddenly appeared upstairs in our room. Have no idea how she managed to get out, but got up to investigate and found she had left a trail of diarrhea from her kennel, up the stairs, in our bedroom...so gross. Bedding from kennel is just covered in it. Bagged up for now, but will have to figure out a way to get it all rinsed before I throw it in the washer. Can't face it just yet. Carpet spots already taken care of, kennel cleaned and has fresh bedding. Just trying to wake up fully before tackling the rest. Tempted to just throw the entire bag of soiled stuff in the garbage. Yuck, yuck, yuck.
I'll try and check back later.
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/18 05:40:40 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Dog Lovers, it's Moanday.

Oh my, Cindy, what a way to wake up on a Monday morning! Sure hope Sophie didn't catch something at the vet's and that she doesn't give it to Joey.
Oops, good thing I reread my post, opening line said, "Good Morning Do Lovers".

MB, my eye is just about back to normal, thanks. I'll wait until we see if that game is for the Big 10 West title before we make a bet. What are Danish meatballs??

Jamie, I'm glad the CBD oil is helping.

Gem, cute pic!

Bernie, I hope you like Isla and I think you will, Babs and I have done day trips there a couple of times and it was just too many people there for our liking.

Another bear issue, I am part owner of a cabin about 10 miles from here, deep in the woods, me and the other owners went out there Saturday to do some chores and discovered that a bear had managed to knock over the 55 gallon barrel that holds fuel oil for our heating stove. Of course it landed so that almost all of the fuel oil drained out thru the vent pipe. 

Also, I'm having problems with my smart phone acting up and may have lost all of my contacts, that would be a major PITA.

At least we are having a bit of a warmup with temps in the low 30s this week.

Wag more....bark less.
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29470
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/18 06:41:28 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I sure hope you didn't lose all your contacts Badger. That would be difficult.

Yikes Cindy, what a way to wake up on a Monday..........or any day. I would just toss it.

Got packed Saturday. Yay. Tomas is off today and taking Isla to the vet (she will be boarding there tomorrow afternoon). She is a paw licker, but has gotten crazed about the left front paw and there is a bump and of course a raw area where she has been licking it. Hoping it is not something serious.  

Work today, but will leave a little early to have my paws and hooves done ha ha. Tomorrow is my every 6 months hairdresser appt. as well as dogs to the vet for boarding and house cleaning. Must be up Wednesday at zero dark 30 to head to the airport. I love an early flight. The earlier the better since I will be crazed until we make it to the airport parking garage. So many things can go wrong. Dad wants our dates, where staying, phone numbers "just in case he has an emergency". May have to accidentally have the phones and all electronics fall in a toilet ha ha.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/18 07:10:38 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Another cloudy day but at least the storms have moved away and the winds a lot less at 10-15 mph. Our current temp is 48F at 7:13 with a high of 55 degrees. We will have some occasional rain showers.

Yesterday was hanging inside the house. Fixed some scrambled eggs for breakfast and washed the bedding. Watched some of the football games. Also looked at some Isla hotels.

Jamie, I also have always liked the feel of flannel sheets in the winter. 

Badger, Isla does look pretty packed with buildings but I would like to see it once. You seem to be having more bear problems this year. Hope nobody gets hurt. Bummer on your phone

Gem, holly blue frosting !  Looks like a smurf. hee,hee

MB, blueberry pancakes sound good but real maple syrup is not on my list ( I must stick with diet syrup ).

Yikes Cindy. Poor Sophie and poor Cindy. Yuck.

Only two more days Crunch. You and Tomas need a vacation. Yes !

Last cup of coffee almost done. See y'all later.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/11/18 10:19:20 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Sunny with a high temp of 54F today.
Spent much of my afternoon yesterday working out details for going to Raleigh next weekend.
Booking a one-way flight for SC to get back to Nashville early Saturday morning.
Reserving a Uhaul trailer and reserving hotel rooms.
Just waiting for SJ to cough up the pin number on his Holiday Inn rewards account to finish up. 
SJ has decided to go with us.  Apparently he still had 3 vacation days...he told me he had none after Cozumel.
Yesterday he was already grumping and groaning about going using remaining vacation days. 
I said, look if you can't do this with a smile on your face and love for your daughter in your heart.  Then just stay home!  
This move to Raleigh got messed up and she can't help it.      
Regarding SC's future MIL.  She is a nice woman.  But apparently very sensitive and cries easily.
SC doesn't know what to do with that.  Her mama hardly ever cries...especially not in front of other people.
It just wasn't allowed by my father.  If you are going to cry because your feelings are hurt.  Take it to your room.
Don't come back out until you have a smile on your face and you are whistling dixie.  LOL 

Cindy,  OMG!  What a mess to wake up and find.  Hope Sophie is feeling better.  Poor baby.

Well better get moving and do something productive here.
Everyone have a beautiful day!  Hugs

Page: << < ..10411042104310441045.. > >> Showing page 1045 of 1058
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5