AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..10311032103310341035.. > >> Showing page 1034 of 1058
Author
Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2447
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/24 22:44:06 (permalink)
+1 (1)
So so, my boy gave me a Sous Vide for Mothers Day in May...it's still in the box...help me please...I have know idea how to use that thing.
Now the Ember mug he got me for my Birthday...is absolutely the best thing ever!!!
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/25 04:29:30 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Shrunken Nuts, it's Friday.

Nipper, more photos, please?

SoSo, glad you booked, just wouldn't be the same if you didn't get down there during the winter.

Bosco, I'll trade you some of our rain for some of your heat.

Gem, don't stress yourself out, everything will be fine, go and relax!

I wanna eat at Twirls house (again).

Crunch, I think you need a vacation!

Jamie, good luck with your surgery.

PJ, I should've known that you had the details all worked out already.

Cindy, glad it went well yesterday, talk to you this evening.

It's 25 degrees here right now and we might get some snow next week.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/25 05:51:13 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Hurts a bit more this morning, mostly I think because I rolled over onto that arm a couple of times during the night. Woke me right up! Yikes! Just a dull ache right now, will ice it some more once I get out of my heavy robe and dressed for the day. Sure am glad this was done during long-sleeve weather...think that puckered up mess on upper arm would frighten small children!

Chris took me to Don Ramon's for dinner last night. Have a half of chicken/spinach/mushroom quesadilla left for lunch.  Chris had Chili Colorado w/ guajillo sauce. Said it was very spicy, maybe too much heat. But his test numbers this morning for the type 2 diabetes were excellent, so I guess chilis are good for blood sugar.

Dogs were barking up a storm this morning, was praying they weren't barking at a skunk. They don't stink, so all's good, but Sophie is still wound up about something. And let me tell you, her bark is quite ear piercing! especially so because she is laying at my feet.
Need another cuppa, not supposed to do much today because of the arm, so I'll prolly check in several times today...
Have a great day, all!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/25 08:47:05 (permalink)
+1 (1)
darn. Lost my post. Crud.

Will start over with a shorted version.  Good morning y'all. Nice sunny day here on the coast. High of 76 degrees.

Yesterday the plumber called to say he had a canceled appointment and could show up right after lunch. Nice guy buy didn't have the Mowen part for my kitchen faucet. He said Mowen will send me the needed part under warranty and he will install for me at 1/2 his labor charge when it comes in ( his labor $95 per hr. and no trip charge ). He did have the Mowen cartridge for my bathroom sink hot water faucet, so all good for now.

Yesterday my appointment to go over Medicare Humana Advantage package was canceled. We will have to reschedule. I will let you know, Jamie, what I select on plans.

Today I have my yearly exam for eyes this afternoon. No beach walk for BeBe ( again ) today.

Cindy, glad to hear your procedure came out OK. At least you got to go out to dinner with Chris. hee,hee.

Gem, I don't know a thing about your new "cooking thing". Not in my department ! Har !  Maybe you can find a friend that is using one and get a "how to" demo.

Not to worry, Badger. All that rain will go away soon to be replaced by cold and snow. Yikes !!  Sorry to bring that 'S' word into play.

Had to go pack to the previous page to catch up some. Hi SoSo. Hi BeachBilly !! Thanks for those that liked my "shrimp boat in the sun picture". I didn't think it would come out so nice by shooting into the sun with no filter. Blind luck, I say.

Joe, I'll call you one day soon. 

Time for me to git.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/25 08:48:52 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Up early.  Cat woke me up just before 6 a.m.  Now she is back asleep.  
That was a dirty trick.  LOL
Lots of rain coming our way today.  Between 4 to 7 inches of rain by tomorrow morning.
SC and the boyfriend are stopping by tonight.  Then on to Memphis tomorrow morning.
Trying to figure out what to make for dinner tonight.  Thinking baked chicken and dressing.
Have so much on my mind.  Really need to focus on the packing today.  So I can clean off
the dining table of all the supplies I have piled there.  

Wishing all of you a wonderful day!  Hugs

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/25 09:45:37 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

Nipper, I would like to see more pics too!

I'm not up on that Sous Vide cooking method either.  I don't have any of the new fancy cooking gadgets, like Instapots or air fryers.  I just do it the old fashioned way and I have the time so...  However an air fryer is something I might investigate.  I just gave away a Cuisinart because I never used it.  I brought it home from my cousin's when I inheirited her entire household.  It was brand new so apparently she never used it either.  I did think about it yesterday when I was grinding up Italian sausage for the lasagna.  My grinder is small and it takes several batches to get it done.  

Badger, is that a normal temp for this time of year?  We are about 15 degrees lower than normal right now.  High today will be 50 at most, and rainy again.  NO SUN...

Cindy, sorry...task is now completed.  Hope your soreness wears off and it doesn't scar badly.  I'm with you though.  I have many battle wounds that show.  What's another one?

GEM and PJ, TIC TOC.  Safe travels to you all.

Have a couple of errands today but that's about it on my list besides 1 more pan of lasagna.  Just realized I need a few non food treats for the Teal pumpkin allergic kids.  Off to Walgreens again.  I avoid Walmart like the plague.  I've only been there once in months.  

Enjoy the day!
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/25 10:17:50 (permalink)
-2 (2)
Okay all you Patriot haters!!! Looks like the deck is stacked against the Pats for their next game, and they'll have a tough time of it:

I just don't know about this game....

Just a bit of a down day today. Legs were tight after hiking yesterday, stretching felt good. Normally my workouts consist of stretching for 20 minutes, cardio for 20 minutes and 15 minutes on strength. Today was just stretching. In fact most days lately, I'm much more interested in the stretching. 

I got some house cleaning done, some of that stuff I seldom get around to. A little more attention to detail, less of the quick once over stuff. 

Tonight is the annual ski swap sale with the Bethel outing club. Some great deals to be had. I'll be hunting for specific items, doing my best not to make an impulse buy. I'm looking to get a pair of climbing skis, which use a different binding, so I can climb uphill once or twice a week during the season to help keep my heart and lungs healthy. All this riding up a lift and skiing down doesn't exactly work my hearts and lungs like I probably should. Gotta keep my engine running.

I'm also getting a little more serious about dropping the LBS. I haven't been south of 190 for a couple years. Looking to be well south of 180, maybe even south of 170, but for now, it's coming off the same way it came on, a little at a time. I can feel my legs are more stable already and I am getting a little lighter on my feet. I like that!

Have a great day all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/25 13:47:00 (permalink)
+5 (5)
Good morning.  Just got to thinking that I've been absent here for a few days.  Here's yesterdays sunrise and a few pics from from walk about yesterday morning. Walked down to guard station and back and then swung by Que Onda. Ran into Oscar and we were chatting.  Next thing I know Maribelle sneaks up behind and gives me a big hug.  Stroke of luck to see her, as she overslept and missed her morning flight to Switzerland.  The restaurant should be open this Saturday otherwise it's been closed for about a month now with low season. 

Been reading reading Red, my uncensored life in rock by Sammy Hagar.   That guy had quite the life.  Spent much of my day yesterday reading on the deck and then around 4 I usually go down to the pool for some floatie time.  Kat swung by last evening and picked me up.  We were headed to LaPalapa for karoake but Bill wasn't feeling well so that didn't work out. Visited briefly there with some folks that Kat knew.  I stopped and picked up some beer and we headed back to her house.  I ended up staying the night and got back here mid-morning. Will need to get back into my morning walks tomorrow.  This is apparently the newest transport in Akumal, motorized motos.  Christie said they charge only 30 pesos from north Akumal to the arches compared to a taxi ride, which I believe is about 100 pesos.

Adding another floor on The Reef in HMB.

Holly, the water is absolutely sargasso free.  Pics from beach in front of La Lunita. 

Little tricky navigating the water on my walk.

Bernie, agree with others that the shrimp boat on the sparkling ocean is a framer.  Moen....silly guy.

Cindy, hope your arm heals quickly.  That procedure sounded gnarly. Take care.

Welcome back Nipper.  Look forward to some more pics.  The pastries look delicious.

Badger, hope the weather improves.  Enjoy boat drinx.

Gem, sorry to hear about your upset.  Sure am glad the other nurse called you with better news about your Mom's care. 

PJ, that a whole lot of rain headed your way.  Enjoy your evening with family and get packing chica.

SoSo, that sure is great you have some folks to help out with Zoey.  So much less to worry about.

Crunchie, praying that all works out with Tomas' Mom.  The weight of aging/ill parents is so difficult.  Hugs.

Bob, beautiful fall colors.  Wish you well on dropping some pounds.

Jamie, now I'm craving a burger.  

Hi Claire.  Wish you and a few others would check in more often.

Hola Bosco and others. 

Anybody know what kind of plants this is?

Make it a great day.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/10/25 13:48:07

nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13725
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/25 14:00:15 (permalink)
+4 (4)
So from the beach to the French Alps. These are in Grenoble.
View from our airb&b

a creparie in the old city

one of many parks 

Ron in one of the squares

another park that also includes a playground

the building in front is where you can get a ride on the cable cars to the Bastille - an old fortification

and these  are the cars - clear glass - each holds 6 people

from the top you have this view of the city

and this view of another mountain range to the east - yes, snow for Bob!

post edited by nipper - 2019/10/25 14:01:59

AASB 2018 created good memories. Getting ready for 2019!!
hoppybrewer
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 429
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/25 15:33:31 (permalink)
+3 (3)
3 more sleeps peeps !!!!!!!!!!
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29470
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/25 17:56:37 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Long and overwhelming day. Just got home. Miss Betty definitely has AD. Can't believe she held it together before this emergency came up. If course every family says this. What a difference from when we saw her at xmas. Thankfully, we picked a place that has led aides that will administer all meds 4 times a day and assistants that will help her shower and help her get ready for bed tonight. Unpacking her suitcases was a revelation about how much she needs a place with 24 hour care. I think she will be happy once she adjusts. We will get financing POA asap. Definitely cannot handle any of it. She loved the decor I picked, but much much more to do. We will get there.
Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3798
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/25 18:35:53 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hi Badger, sure wish I could send you some of our weather, another 80-85 plus day today, guess Mother Nature did not get the message from the weatherman that today was supposed to start a cooldown period.

Nipper, thanks for the pictures, Grenoble looks very pretty, did not realize it was such a large city. Glad you got to visit family there.

SoSo and Gem, had to look up sous vide, looks like a crock pot with water. Jim might have ordered one of those, he loved kitchen gadgets and bought so many. Some more than paid for themselves (thinking Cuisinart Pro Plus) and others were a bust (thinking the Italian $300 pasta maker). Have fun playing with it. And post pics of the final result please:)

Bernie, good luck with the Medicare Advantage Plan, both companies have good reps. HMOs are a LOT different when I was growing up and some of my friends had Kaiser through their parents work

Twirley, I seldom grocery shop instore these days since my neighbor Tammy moved back to North Carolina last year, logistics are too complicated and I probably order 90% or more of my groceries online and have them delivered from Von's. You can order just about anything online except postage stamps, roll of quarters for laundry and cigarettes. Quality is very good including produce.
But to answer your question both Von's and Ralph's (2 major SoCal chains) are full service insofar as they have a fish service counter, fresh bakery, fresh deli and onsite pharmacies among other stuff.

Fires are still burning sadly with thousands evacuated near Santa Clarita. Santa Clarita is kind of near Magic Mountain theme park, but a long way to the east of there. Hope they are right and the darn weather does cool down.

Dear crunch, glad you are getting MIL settled in, sounds like you and Tomas picked a nice, caring place for her. Sorry you have to go through this.
That goes for you too, Gem.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/26 05:47:12 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Crunch, glad to hear you got MIL settled in. So stressful for you both, though. Hugs.

MB, I spent some time trying to identify that plant, but came up empty. Ask a local please, because now I'm curious. Wonder if the fruit/seed pods are edible...the leaves look quite a bit like my fiddle leaf fig plant, which I've had for years, now up over 8-9ft.

Quite chilly this morning, but supposed to warm up to mid fifties. Chris is hoping to finish up putting the veggie garden to bed. Has some more ground cloth to roll up, then till if it is not too muddy. Tomorrow, son and DIL are bringing the kids up, in costume, for treats and in the evening we will take the bunch to dinner for DIL's birthday, which is Halloween day. Chances are they will be out of town next weekend...her dad is in pretty rough shape, now needs 2 valve replacements and having difficulty breathing. He is in the Sioux Falls hospital, but now they say they are not equipped to do the surgery he needs and are working on getting him transferred to Rochester/Mayo. DIL is understandably upset and worried...

I won't be doing much today other than a run to town for Halloween candy and a BD card; my arm is very sore. Chris was wrapping the cellophane over the bigger incision area (so I could shower) and pressed down to seal it; I nearly cried it hurt so bad. Lots of bruising has shown up around it as well. Just a slight bump is enough to send me through the roof. Enough of whining.
Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/26 08:26:26 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy and good morning all.

Sunny skies this AM changing to partly cloudy later today. The current coastal temperature is 68F at 8:12 and the high should be 77 degrees.

Yesterday morning I called the warranty Customer Service dept at Moen. They are mailing me the replacement cartridge that the plumber changed on my bathroom faucet. I had to send them a picture of the kitchen sink faucet as I can't find the part number on it. Will hopefully have a resolution on that next week.

After taking care of the faucet issue I went to Nell's for lunch with my neighbor Chet. Later in the afternoon I had my yearly eye exam. Not very much change from last year and doc didn't recommend new glasses unless I thought I needed them.

Today no big plans. A beach walk sounds good and lunch at Fibber's is always nice. Grass could use one last cutting before winter sets in so I may knock that out this afternoon.

PJ, time to get that packing done but you already know that. Get 'er done girl. Excited yet ?

Thank you for the pictures, MB. Those little "shuttle" carriers look cool. Do you know how many people it is made to hold and will it take you up the hill to the pueblo ?

Nipper, looks like you two had a nice trip. Cool pictures and thanks for posting them.

Hi Hoppybrewer !  Hope you two have a nice flight down and enjoy your vacation. John, maybe you can send us some pictures ? 

Crunch, you are a trouper to help Tomas with his Mom. It's a difficult task to get our loved ones into a facility that will care for them. 

Hi Jamie.  My current AARP United Health Care is a PPO so as long as the doctor accepts Medicare I'm good.

Cindy, rest as much as you can and take it easy with that arm. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Coffee time all done. Y'all have a good weekend.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/26 10:18:34 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning.  Another beautiful day in norte Akumal.  

Out earlier for my one hour walk.  Lot of agoudi and did manage to spot a coati for Cindy, who attempted to hide in a tree.  

An agouti in center of photo cinnamon in color.

Cindy, I will see if one of the locals knows that plant species.  Saw another one on my walk and it appears the pods change from deep green to white as the ripen.  Sure hope that arm feels better soon. I cringed at your earlier story.

Bernie, you sure don't have to mow that lawn very often.  Haven't heard you talk about Carol for a while now?  Are the two of you still going out?  Do tell.  Un answer to your question, I've seen no more than three passengers in addition to the driver.  Stopped one this morning to inquiry close to LBV and there was also a taxi dropping someone off there.  He told me that this economical transport is only available to the locals, not tourists, and that I must take a taxi.  Meanwhile the taxi driver waits until the guy leaves before he proceeds back to the arches.  I have a hunch he was just hanging around to see if the guy would give me a ride and then report him.  I heard the going fare from Yal Ku area to either the arch, but most likely to 307, is now 200 pesos but I have yet to actually confirm that on the posted rate sign by the arch.

Holly, that pic of house decorated for Halloween looked great.  A whole lot of pumpkins going on.  Anxious to see your pics when you finished decorating.

On my ride home yesterday from Kat's place, I was snapping photos as we were entering Akumal.  Sure do like those murals.

Swung by Que Onda while finishing my walk and chatted with Pedro.  Open this evening 4-9 p.m. and will start ramping up now as things get busier.  Dinner's initially and then ramp up with lunch and then adding breakfast items.  Will probably swing down that way later.  Natty is in Guerrero visiting familia.  Hi to all I missed here.  Enjoy the weekend.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/10/26 11:59:11

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/26 10:40:32 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Morning all

Crunch, I am so sorry about your MIL situation.  It's a very difficult time for all of you.  At some point in time, you will be glad you did this.  You are a good woman.
Some times I am glad I didn't have kids to put through this situation, however some of the time I wonder what will happen to me?  I try not to think about it.

Nipper, lovely pics.  I sure enjoy seeing them.  Places I will probably never get to see in person, so it makes your shared pictures special.

Cindy, you almost made my arm hurt.  I'm sorry it's bad.  Hope it heals quickly.

MB, glad you checked in.  Cool vehicles for the beach road.  The beaches all look great.

Hoppy!  Good for you 2.  How's Deb?

Jamie, I wondered about  that in your big city environment.  It's hard to find a grocery store in inner Springfield even.

Another night of not much sleep.  Went to bed around 10 and went right to sleep.  Was awake and rolling around the bed and
finally checked the clock and it was not even 2 yet!  I dozed off and on until after 8 and finally got up.  It was still dark and gloomy with rain coming down.  We did have a few minutes of partial sun yesterday evening just before dark.  It was nice to see after 2+days of NO SUN.

The trees are changing fast now.  We had no color just a week ago and now the reds and yellows are popping out.
Tomorrow we are supposed to be in the upper 60's and hopefully we will get the Halloween décor out and all the stuff carried around to the front like tables, chairs, firepit etc!
This afternoon is the Nixa Halloween thing, Creepin at the Crossroads...we don't have an actual town square...so it's at the "crossroads" of the old area, like a downtown area.   There will be trick or treaters with various activities for kids and adults.  They will have a beer/wine garden area and live music.  I plan to go to pass out candy. I also have some printed small cards to hand out with candy, with information about my Halloween treat thing.   However the weather may not cooperate although it's supposed to quit raining sometime afternoon.  Same with Halloween … maybe rain, maybe snow flurries and definitely cold.  In the event of light rain, my friends have pop up tent tops and the firepit will be inviting.  The trick or treaters will come in car loads.
I may have to go get more treats and I still need to pick up the Hot dogs and accompanying stuff next week.

Have a good day, you all.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/26 14:53:47 (permalink)
+1 (1)
we found some beets

Video
Pix
YouTube

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3798
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/26 16:16:46 (permalink)
+2 (2)
MB, thanks for filling me in on the details about those motos. I was just thinking how cool they looked and like a lot of fun if you had been drinking and did not want to drive and how the taxi union (which I hear is very big and politically powerful) let them operate. After all 30 pesos a pop is not going to put much of a dent in the taxi union pockets. Your followup story restored my faith in the inherent insatiable greediness of the Tulum taxi union. Thanks for the other cool pics as well.

Cindy, so very sorry your arm is in so much pain, sounds terrible especially trying to sleep. Did the Dr. give you any meds for the pain? Ice alone will only do so much and like the saying goes "Better living through chemistry". Anyway hope it starts to subside soon (like tomorrow). Beautiful pic of Joey.

Bernie, good luck with whatever plan you choose, I did look into that United Health Care Medicare supplement plan, but only for about 5 minutes after reading the brochure AARP sent me, boy Howdy no way many folks can afford the costs. Hope your weather stays nice for awhile still.

Holly, wish you had more choices and variety in your grocery stores where you live. If it makes you feel any better, LA area is a very competitive market for grocery and retail stores with lots of competition including the two major chains I mentioned. My late Uncle Walt (who for quite awhile was President of the local Retail Clerks union before they merged with SEIU union) told me the profit margins here are only 1-2%.
The other nice thing is so many places deliver now, besides Vons and Ralph's there is Smart and Final, Target, Albertson's and Amazon (no hard liquor). Walmart is sticking to their order ahead and pick up, but I think they will have to cave on that if they want to compete. We don't have many Walmarts in the LA area and most of them are not real big ones.

Hey PJ and SJ, only 3 more sleeps before it is your turn, have a wonderful time. Hope SJ has a lot of improvement in his hand.

Hope Badger did not get any snow.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
pamela_tejas
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 269
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/26 17:01:06 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Joey has that naughty dog look on his sweet face
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/26 17:14:01 (permalink)
+1 (1)
pamela_tejas
Joey has that naughty dog look on his sweet face

It's even sillier on Sophie; she looks like she has lipstick on. Couldn't get her to hold still for a pic.

I really wish you'd all go read what Chris posted on the Friday Funnies; authored by our son, Seth and Didi's Dad. I laughed so hard tears were running down my face.

Video
Pix
YouTube

Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2447
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/26 18:33:15 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Last check in before wheels up early am manana.
  Shana and I spent the day with my Mom today.   Unfortunately, instead of being "pleasantly confused" (which we all need to pray for), she is frustrated and confused.  She knows things aren't right and it's just so sad.  I need to realize that she's in the best place she can be right now and hopefully a Memory Care room will open up soon.  She really needs that.  Right now, all she does is sit in her apartment, nothing else, just sits there.   The tv is too stimulating, but the quiet is bad as well.  She doesn't participate in any of the daily activities available in the assisted living.    She has no quality of life.   I have informed all of my kids...do not put the pillow under my head...put it over my head.  Breaks my heart.
Crunch, I pray that your MIL does better.  Mom improved so much in the 18 months she's been there, but she's had a few rough hits on her health lately, and it's definitely taken it's toll.  All part of the journey~
Bernie, will you be hit by any of this latest weather?  Hope not.  
Twirls, I wish you were headed south with us.  You too, Badger. And Soso.   But it looks like you might all be getting together in December, no?
UHK, send me some of your energy please.
C & C,  loved the photo of Joey and the beets.  Such a sweet face.  Hope your arm is better, I cringed reading about it..
PJ, Coz soon.  Maybe Tatt and I will scoot over there and find you.  Don't worry about my photos.  I think maybe I can figure it out.  I only take my I pad, but it should work the same, right?
Jamie, that's so nice that you can get the food delivery as well as the meals.  What did people do before all this technology was available?  Good to know that you're feeling better.
Nipper, your photos are stunning.  I would love to visit that part of the world.  Lucky you!
Bosco, come on down!
Hoppy, are you in Akumal soon? Looks like we’ll see you there!
MB, we'll see you on Tuesday.  Glad you were able to get together with Kat.
Talked to Peggy today, (Island Guy's ex)  she arrived at ABR yesterday and is amazed at how great it is there now.  It will be nice to spend some time with her for a couple of days.  This is her first visit to the area since the divorce almost 10 years ago and it's bitter sweet for her.  She's only there until Wednesday.  
Looks like Sherry and Tom are loving life right now.  Hoping the weather cooperates for the next 2 weeks for us...
I'll try to check in when I can.  You all play nice!
post edited by Gem - 2019/10/26 19:48:43
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/26 19:16:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning.  Just got to thinking that I've been absent here for a few days.  Here's yesterdays sunrise and a few pics from from walk about yesterday morning. Walked down to guard station and back and then swung by Que Onda. Ran into Oscar and we were chatting.  Next thing I know Maribelle sneaks up behind and gives me a big hug.  Stroke of luck to see her, as she overslept and missed her morning flight to Switzerland.  The restaurant should be open this Saturday otherwise it's been closed for about a month now with low season. 

Been reading reading Red, my uncensored life in rock by Sammy Hagar.   That guy had quite the life.  Spent much of my day yesterday reading on the deck and then around 4 I usually go down to the pool for some floatie time.  Kat swung by last evening and picked me up.  We were headed to LaPalapa for karoake but Bill wasn't feeling well so that didn't work out. Visited briefly there with some folks that Kat knew.  I stopped and picked up some beer and we headed back to her house.  I ended up staying the night and got back here mid-morning. Will need to get back into my morning walks tomorrow.  This is apparently the newest transport in Akumal, motorized motos.  Christie said they charge only 30 pesos from north Akumal to the arches compared to a taxi ride, which I believe is about 100 pesos.

Adding another floor on The Reef in HMB.

Holly, the water is absolutely sargasso free.  Pics from beach in front of La Lunita. 

Little tricky navigating the water on my walk.

Bernie, agree with others that the shrimp boat on the sparkling ocean is a framer.  Moen....silly guy.

Cindy, hope your arm heals quickly.  That procedure sounded gnarly. Take care.

Welcome back Nipper.  Look forward to some more pics.  The pastries look delicious.

Badger, hope the weather improves.  Enjoy boat drinx.

Gem, sorry to hear about your upset.  Sure am glad the other nurse called you with better news about your Mom's care. 

PJ, that a whole lot of rain headed your way.  Enjoy your evening with family and get packing chica.

SoSo, that sure is great you have some folks to help out with Zoey.  So much less to worry about.

Crunchie, praying that all works out with Tomas' Mom.  The weight of aging/ill parents is so difficult.  Hugs.

Jamie, now I'm craving a burger.  

Hi Claire.  Wish you and a few others would check in more often.

Hola Bosco and others. 

Anybody know what kind of plants this is?

Make it a great day.  MB

hoppybrewer
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 429
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/26 19:18:36 (permalink)
+2 (2)
in 2 sleeps. week @ ABR and 10 days with Family.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/26 19:24:05 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  Lost a long post and not in the mood to replicate.  Will try again manana.  MB  Happy Sabado.

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/26 20:05:54 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  Good day.  Will try this post again.  Had a bite here after my walk and finished my book on deck.  Then an hour in the pool after a quick rain around 11:30.  Took a shower and then headed down to Que Onda for their grand opening....pretty lame.  Chef, Luis, made me an appetizer, which was fantastic.

Then John and his wife Deb arrived.  Met them back in 2018.  From California and built their house on the corner next to Gatos.  Still finishing up on some things in their home.  Just arrived and will be here until December.  New guests arrived here in the suite today so three of the unit are occupied on all three floors.  Alfonso, a security guard, is here again this evening, from 6 till 1 a.m.  He is a super nice guy that's holding down two jobs.  Asked him if he wanted some food, as I have plenty, but he declined.  Suspect he is not use to a guest offering him something for nothing.  

I have a love for clouds and constellations.  This is the right place to be for both.  The Milky Way was sooo amazing last evening.  Awesome.  The cloud formations this afternoon were sweet.

MB (never mind the double post, lo siento)
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/10/26 20:13:00

Page: << < ..10311032103310341035.. > >> Showing page 1034 of 1058
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5