AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..10311032103310341035.. > >> Showing page 1032 of 1043
Author
Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3796
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/21 17:07:18 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Dear crunch and Tomas, C&C, Badger and Babs, PJ & SJ and Twirley, please stay safe from those tornados, my thoughts and best wishes go out to all of you (and your pets).

Crunch, so sorry to hear about the problems you are having finding a nice assisted living place for your MIL, hope you found a winner. Good golly miss Molly, those things are expensive.

Twirley, your Thanksgiving plans sound great, dinner with friends at a place on your bucket list and no cooking or dishes, winner all the way around!

Bernie, Carol sounds like a winner, sense of humor, easy to talk to (per you) and a thoughtful person. You have only met her what, three times? And like Badger said, you are retired (and weren't you asking about a hobby a few months back?) and have the time to drive to meet her. Maybe there is something in between your places, like a movie theater, mini golf, Costco?
From what you have written she sounds like a nice person, and you can probably wait at least 3 months before asking her to wear your letter sweater or frat pin, ha ha!

We are having real hot weather, it is 86F where I live and over 90F downtown and will be for the next few days, having Santa Ana winds again. Big fires up in Pacific Palisades (in between Santa Monica and Malibu), Getty Villa is OK, no threat. Firefighters are having to fight uphill, and they were bringing in the DC-10 planes to drop water in addition to the helicopters.

Good news, finally got my eye surgery scheduled for October 30, day after the dentist. Things are finally falling into place.

Safe travels to PJ &SJ who I think are in single digits, MB sorry I lost track of when you leave, and Gem and Tatt.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/21 17:48:07 (permalink)
+1 (1)
We are all good here.  The wind blew the deck furniture around a bit. 
I was able to yank the umbrellas out of the patio tables to keep them from taking flight. 
Made a run to the dollar store and local grocery store.  Didn't feel like driving all the way to Wally World.
Just a dark poopy old day all in all.  

Jamie,  hope all goes well with the dentist and the eye surgery.  

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/21 18:15:02 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  Miserable day weather wise.  51 now and mostly cloudy.  Rain off and on all day and, of course, while running all my errands this morning.  Post op appointment at periodontist office at 10 went very well.  Gums healing well which was a big relief with wheels up tomorrow.  Then home and got Maya up to Vets for a nail trim and then off to kitty condo.  I always feel so sad when I have to leave her behind.  

Cindy, winds are suppose to really kick up here tomorrow with 45 mph gusts.  Ugh, not something you want to hear when flying.   

Crunchie, those pics of Richardson were disturbing.  One of my brothers lived there years ago.  Glad you guys are okay.

Gem, thanks for the well wishes.  Look forward to meeting you guys next week.

Twirls, sure hope you feel better soon.  I know I've said this before but I am happy Chris is there to help you out around the property and your fur friends.  

Badger, pretty exciting game yesterday for the Pack.  Was fun to see the Vikings show up two weeks in a row.  Yes, hope to send you some pics.

Edit:  Don't know if it is me or the LG site, but I keep missing posts.  Jamie, enjoy those temps while you can and hope those fires get put out quickly.  So very different than in MN.  PJ, here ya on the poop weather day.  You'll be wheels up in no time.  Happy for you and Wayne.

Got the checked bag packed and amazingly I fit all the pool toys in.  Weighed in at 40 lbs.  Alarm set for 2 a.m., ride at 3:45 and flight at 6.  Dual alarms set. Will see if I have time for a quick check in tomorrow morning.   Be well all. MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/10/21 18:22:03

Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2447
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/21 18:49:34 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Safe Travels MB...see you soon!
Busy plate for me all week, with all the usual before vaca appoinments as well as making sure things are good with my Mom and all. Praying things work out ok.
Wind has been howling here all day...blow those leaves away!  We have an Emerald Ash that is just a nasty tree.  Every year it drops tons of leaves and little branches.  Told Tatt we're taking it down next spring.  Tired of the cost of trying to keep it from getting infested and the cleanup every spring and fall just isn't worth it.  
Had lunch with Kenzi (oldest grand daughter) today.  Talked alot about how much we miss her Mama and how we still just don't get the long distance move to Kauaii.  She misses her horribly, as do I.  But she seems really happy.
Cute photo of the littles at the pumpkin patch this weekend.

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/22 04:53:40 (permalink)
0 (2)
Good Morning
Thinking MB is on her way. Safe travels! Crazy windy here still. Now coming from SW. Front door faces south, had a difficult time holding storm door open to let doggies back in after their post-breakfast potty outing. And they were super happy to come back inside, got lots of doggie love. It was so strange yesterday afternoon; about 3:30 the wind died down somewhat, the sun came out and the temp went from 50F to 65 in a matter of minutes. We did get to grill the arrachera! Yum. Today's high only 50, temps drop through the rest of the week. Wind advisory over entire SE Wi. Yesterday, with the east wind, there were 10ft waves hitting Bradford beach in Milwaukee. Felt sorry for the weather lady standing at the breakwall and still getting soaked when a big wave hit. And yes, there were surfers on Lake Michigan.

What a mess in Dallas from those tornadoes! Glad they didn't come near you, Crunch! Amazing there was no loss of life. And Jamie, coverage of the fires in LA just terrifying. Hope you are well away from it and it can be contained soon.

Gem, those twins are just too cute! But what the heck is up with the Patriots hats?!?

Need another cup of coffee, everyone have a great day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/22 05:54:19 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Weather Watchers, it's Twosday.

Smooth flights MB.

Gem, those are some cute punkins.

Bernie, you crack me up!

Jamie, glad things are lining up for you.

Yesterday there were some strong winds, rain and flooding around Lake Superior also. Reports of 74 mph wind gusts near Duluth and 20' waves on the big lake. This is the Canal Park lighthouse Monday, the lighthouse is almost 40' high.

And this photo was taken on U.S. highway 2 about 150 yards away from the location of the house I grew up in, I actually had to drive thru here on my way home shortly after this pic was taken, by then the cops had blocked off 2 lanes of the 4 lane highway.

Wag more....bark less.
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/22 07:44:33 (permalink)
+1 (3)
I saw a picture of the swath of the tornado. I'm glad all here are safe from that. Stay safe Jamie, doesn't sound like those fires are close to you. 

Crunch and Gem, tough situation. Our parents took acre of us when we were young and vulnerable, there come a time when we need to take of them. Hugs to you and Thomas. 

Bernie!!! Keep on, PM coming. 

Today, I am going to walk to a children's cemetery near my house with at least part of the cemetery commission. It's out in the middle of the woods, a defunct neighborhood that has grown over and is now logging and hunting paths. 

Then, I'll goof off for the afternoon before heading over to a buddy's house for burgers and shooting the bull. 

Okay, all you sports fans, I know EVERYBODY here hates the Patriots, but wow, the defense has scored more points than it has allowed! All these years of Raymond Berry and irrelevance, yeah, I am enjoying this. Go pats!

Have a great day all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/22 07:53:12 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Partly cloudy skies today with a high of 80 degrees. Crazy, huh ? Current temp 72F at 8:06 and T-storms expected late this afternoon.

Highlight of my day yesterday was an egg salad sandwich at Fibber's. Oh, I did swing by Lowe's  Foods for milk and chili powder.

Today I will make it to the beach. I promise.

Hi Jamie. Thank you for your kind words about Carol. Hope those nasty fires don't get out of control again this year.

PJ, that statement about ladies falling from the sky came from Holly's post # 25760. You'll have to ask her why she said that. I just try to laugh about the world in general these days.
I find it is easier to laugh rather than concentrate on the negative.

Fly fly away MB ! Have a great trip and send us some pictures, please.

Gem, cute picture of the twins with the pumpkins.  I had heard that New England sends free hats to Iowa but I dismissed that rumor. Hmm, guess it's true. Poor kids having to endure such things. hee,hee

Badger and Cindy, nasty weather up your way. Hope it gets better.

Hi Bob. I don't hate the Patriots. I just don't like to see them win, Ha,ha,ha.

Coffee time is over.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/22 10:01:41 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Morning all

"and you can probably wait at least 3 months before asking her to wear your letter sweater or frat pin, ha ha!"    Jamie, this may be the funniest thing I've ever heard you say!  I'm still giggling!
Glad you got your surgery scheduled.  

As far as my remark about women falling from the sky in Bernie's back yard...  Bernie, you make it sound like you are getting a bit picky considering everything.  I think you just want something you have dreamed up in your head, ….  the perfect woman in the perfect place...ie, your back yard.  It's human nature to want what we can't have...  So you have an excuse to not become involved.

"Gem, those twins are just too cute! But what the heck is up with the Patriots hats?!?"   Cindy, my thoughts exactly...But then Bernie explained that...  "I had heard that New England sends free hats to Iowa but I dismissed that rumor. Hmm, guess it's true. Poor kids having to endure such things. hee,hee"   LOL but maybe true...at least the last part about "poor kids having to endure that".  Bernie, I don't like it when they win either.  They've had their fair share of winning...

Cindy, my biopsy is scheduled for next Monday.   I'm still not sure about this.  I'd like to have something "fixed" with the current issues I have, not find another I didn't know about yet.  Yes, I know what you'll say, and you are right, of course!

Tornado recovery here is ongoing.  Some still without power in Springfield.  So far 3 F-1 tornadoes were confirmed in different areas.  None very close to me.  Dallas is a mess.  
Yesterday and today is about the same, sunny but very windy, so it's not as warm as it looks.  Tomorrow may be the last of the 70 degree days.  Chris is still busy sealing patios.  The window washer guy is here.  he does my whole house, which is a lot of various kinds of windows, for $90.00! Inside and out.   What a bargain considering he has to pull (unscrew) the entire aluminum framed storm windows on the oldest windows.  They actually look pretty decent but they are not well insulated.   I planned to replace them before fall but haven't afforded it yet.  Chris will caulk them when they get reinstalled this time.  Its a spare bedroom and office room so I don't use them much and I shut off the heat and close the doors in winter Hopefully I will get them replaced next year.   Renewal by Anderson has been advertising like crazy here but I know NOT to call them from MB's experience with her job.  

Last night's comfort food was gumbo with andouille sausage, shrimp and chicken and skillet cornbread.   It was yummy.  

Now that I seem to have managed to grasp the quote thing, maybe I'll get the hang of picture posting soon!

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/22 11:01:21 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Sunny and cool here.  A high temp of 64F expected this afternoon.
Think I've caught up on my sleep.  Went to bed very early last night.  Slept until almost 9 this morning. 
Had so much on my mind lately not really getting good deep sleep.  

MB,  wishing you smooth and safe travels today.  Toes in the sand soon.     

Bernie,  laughter is the best medicine.  It is what I enjoy the most about the people of the BC. 
We all have our down days, sickness, sad happenings and problems. 
But somehow we return to the joy and laughter of life.  

Gem,  pumpkin twins pic is so cute!   Wishing you and Tat smooth and safe travels to paradise.

Badger,  Whoa!! That is some wave action on the lighthouse.  Incredible!

Cindy,  So sweet how Sophia and Joey know you are their mom now.  
Coming running for hugs and rubdowns.  

Twirls,  thinking of you.  Hugs    Sure wish I could get someone out here to wash my windows
for $90.  That is a deal!   

Better get moving.   Two trips outside with pets.  A walk across the street to check SIL's cat.
(they have gone to Bay St. Louis again)  Now that I have laundry soap again... the washer is cranking. 
Coffee time is over.   Wishing everyone a beautiful day!  Hugs

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29469
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/22 12:50:33 (permalink)
+2 (2)
I need your window washer Twirley!

Thanks all for the king thoughts and to Jamie for the real belly laugh with what she told Bernie!

Happy travels to all!
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/22 19:21:10 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Hola from Akumal.  Travels went very smooth today.  Sun Country running late today and I could not find my driver, but one of the nationals called the number and he was there within five minutes.  Augustin has driven me in the past and did a great job assist with groceries and beer at PA Chedraui.  Which incidentally, has been remodeled, somewhat like PoMo, but still not as nice as that smaller store.  Arrived condo at 1:30 and unpacked all the groceries/beer and clothes.  Headed up to Que Onda to say hi but they were closed.  Back to condo and down to pool.  Alberto blew up my new floaties and I hung out for a while with the remaining sunshine.  Just did a quick walk-about and David is here tonight to watch the building.  Was just chatting with him and wanted to make sure he had dinner otherwise I would share some of my food.  All is good and pretty sure I will totally get a great night's sleep.  Shower up next and a bite to eat.

Dang, Gem and Crunch my heart is sad about the parenting issues.  Positive thoughts and hugs sent your way.

Gem, those two kiddos are the bomb.  Great pic.

Badger, not so good in your hood.  That photo in Duluth is just plain scary.   Be well.

Bernie, you bad. 

PJ, always look forward to your daily updates.  

Bob, you are always getting her done.  Good for you.  Keep it going while you can.

Cindy.....Turbulent take off at MSP with those strong winds and not smooth flying about half of the way.  I was completely in awe that only two dozen of us were on that 737 this morning.  Less than 15 minutes between immigration and customs.  Was great.  My sunrise this morning.

Not sure who else said what as I need to grab a bite to eat here and a quick shower.  A few pics on my walk to Que Onda.

MB

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/22 20:20:00 (permalink)
+2 (2)
AHHH.  Thanks MB.  I needed to see tropical flowers!  Glad you arrived and are settled in .  Sherry has asked your whereabouts and I gave the best info I could.  I know they probably will not venture to your end of the bay.  If she can text you, I'll pass your number.  Or hopefully you have exchanged numbers?  
Anyway, I'm looking forward to your posts since I will not be there per usual.  Please enjoy all you can.

DUH!  I have to admit that my memory about some things is not great.  My memory of $90 to wash my windows was WAY WRONG!  It was actually $300!  I do remember thinking that was a bargain at the time since the old front aluminum windows had not been done since before I moved in here.  I couldn't open them all the way and didn't realize you CAN'T do them from the inside anyway!  Just wanted to clarify that it wasn't as cheap as I previously stated.  I'm still glad I had it done.  I try to keep them up but some are just too hard to do.

I posted on our local FB neighborhood page about offering a SPOOKTACULAR trick or treat event and got a lot of notice.  I hope we have a good turnout.  I'm dressing as a witch and painting my face green with makeup.  I have a cool hat!   Chris has a Grim Reaper costume.  A few friend's are coming in costume too.  I'll make sure to post pics on FB and at least ask help to transfer them here.   I would have probably SAVED money by going to Mexico instead of doing Halloween at home!  At least I will have it all for next year too.  

Badger, I failed to comment on that great picture but probably because it left me feeling very chilly!  
I'm trying to transgress to colder temps but it's hard.  I'm chilly if it gets down to 70!

It's about bedtime.
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/23 03:54:34 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Hump Day.

MB, thanks for the pix, they make me feel warmer!

PJ, six more days, six more days.

Twirls, we'll definitely need photos!

Getting real tired of wind and rain around here, but we might be in for a few dry days and I've got a lot to get done before winter.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/23 05:50:20 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
You win, Badger. 20ft waves beats 10ft waves. Not that I would be near it either way. That lighthouse photo is spectacular! The power of nature is always awesome. I am also tired of wind and rain. It is so depressing.

Didn't sleep well last night, not sure why. Was surprised it was past five when I woke up, mostly that Joey hadn't nudged me or barked in my face.

Great tropical photos, MB. Just what I needed this dreary morning!
Holly, speaking of memory, any luck with that little favor I asked of you?

Getting low on dog food and eggs. Might head down to Costco today. Also gonna do some laundry, because my appointment got changed again; (for the better) It is now scheduled for 10:30am tomorrow instead of 3 pm. Rather do it in the morning, but it does mess up my Thurs. laundry routine.
Better get going, have a wonderful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29469
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/23 06:30:13 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Beautiful pics MB! Scary pic Badger. Hope it has calmed down weather wise.

Does everybody wash new sheets before using them or not? Asking for a MIL 
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/23 06:39:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
crunch

Yes.

Video
Pix
YouTube

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/23 06:44:37 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Mostly sunny day in store for the coast. Current temp 56F at 7:20 with a high of 73 degrees.

Made it to the beach yesterday. It was almost deserted and very windy; only walked half my normal distance and then off to Fibber's for lunch.

Today I will try for another beach stroll.

Glad you got down to the Roo safely MB. Thanks for all the flower pictures. Skies look foreboding; hope nice weather comes your way.

Jamie, you are funny and made me chuckle.

PJ, single digits for you and SJ now. Wheeee !

Hi Crunch, Badger, Cindy.

More coffee needed. Will post some beach pictures shortly.

See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/23 06:51:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
To the South

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/23 06:53:28 (permalink)
+1 (1)
To the North

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/23 06:55:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
wind pushing those waves

Weekend at Bernie's
pamela_tejas
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 269
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/23 07:51:38 (permalink)
+2 (2)
ChrisandCindy
crunch

Yes.

I do too.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/23 08:57:13 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning.  78 now with a high of 86 and feels like temp of 96.  The windows and hurricane shutters were a hopping and a bopping last evening.  Quite the t-storms with lots of lightning.  Luckily the chaise lounge and other patio furniture didn't launch off the third floor deck.  This is the best I can do for a morning sunrise, but I'm loving it regardless of the light showers.

Was just watching a beautiful white egret foraging around on the iron shore.  

Badger and Cindy, sure hope things dry out for you.  I think I got almost two inches between Monday and Tuesday.  

Twirls, I will reach out to Sherry on FB.  Thanks for the heads-up.  Hope some of your neighbors get inspired with Halloween as well.  Will be so much fun for all of you.

Bernie, I particularly like your last pic.  Something about the wave and cloud action and bonus with the birds in flight.

PJ and Gem, bet you are getting excited.  

Have a wonderful day.  MB

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3796
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/23 09:37:12 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Wash new sheets?
No, I like the crisp new feel of new sheets.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/23 10:40:23 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Morning all
Yes, I wash new sheets.  

MB, good idea to use FB to communicate.  Hope the weather clears up.

Sherry's pictures are making me jealous that I'm not there.

Not sure what's on my list today.  It's supposed to hit 70 and I hope to go out for a while but it's going to be VERY windy.  
Tomorrow and Friday are cold and rainy.  Expecting up to 4" of rain, they say.

Not much else to say.
Page: << < ..10311032103310341035.. > >> Showing page 1032 of 1043
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5