AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..10311032103310341035.. > >> Showing page 1031 of 1047
Author
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/19 11:34:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Had a nice hike today. People refer to me as quite the billy goat when it comes to hiking. But keeping up with Mark is hard for me. Normal hiking is about 2 mph. We went 2 1/2 miles in 1 hour, UPHILL! Mark can move!Anyways, along the way, we came to a babbling brook:

And the moon was out

Found some kind of lichen or moss:

I had already put my camera away, then I saw this:

Zoomed in:

Nice chipper day today, in the low 40's. Made for a nice hike.

Have a great day all.

Lovin life,
Bob

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29470
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/19 16:08:21 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Nice looking lady Bernie.

Long and tiring day checking out assisted living places for Tomas's mom. Overwhelming when you are not rich lol. The whole thing is overwhelming, but you do what you must. So many details to figure out, but hey, that is how you got to roll as adult kids.

No tramp stamps here, but plenty of scars lol!
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/19 16:27:36 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good afternoon.  Another beautiful autumn day here.  Current temp is 65 with bright sunny skies and barely a breeze.  Out earlier for a tan appointment, then a bite to eat here and organizing the currency and my Chedraui list.  It's a lot easier for me when traveling solo so I'm not fumbling around at the checkout.  Tomorrow I will figure out what stays behind in the checked bag.  Didn't realize that the pool toys would take up that much space.  I'll make it work.

Travelon, congrats on your anniversary.  Hope to see you and Tom soon.  Wishing you safe travels.

Bernie, I didn't know church made you so exuberant.  All kidding aside, you look very happy.  

Bob, nice pics of your hike today. Thanks much.  That moon was beautiful here as well.

Cindy, hope you had nicer weather today and got lots done.  

PJ. 20 days chica.

Twirls, good thing you got that situation with the Thanksgiving reservation figured out.  Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the holiday with friends.

Edit:  Kim, a tiring day for sure.  Hope the rest of your weekend is more pleasant. Hugs.s w

Hi to all I've missed.  Have a fabulous evening.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/10/19 16:30:48

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/19 17:42:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
MB, 10 days.  LOL

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/19 17:57:54 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Ha, PJ.  Me bad.  I can't be trusted on the key board.  Fat fingered that one, but to your benefit sweet girl. 

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/20 05:24:37 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Tramp Stamps, it's Sunday.

Laptop problems yesterday, may have to start looking at new ones.

I think Cindy needs to get a tattoo and we all get to vote on which one and where it goes.

Pj, I will wait until after your upcoming trip to share my nightmare Cozumel ferry story, but will say that most times have been fine. If either of you are prone to motion sickness, try to get to the ferry early enough that you can get a seat on the upper outside deck. If not, try to get seats next to a window and keep your eyes on the horizon.

Bernie, Carol is a fine looking woman and if you like her, what's a little travel time? I do believe you are retired now and it's not like you have to make the trip every day. Besides, once you begin the sleepovers she will probably want to drive to your place.

MB, you must be getting excited for your trip?

Worked for a couple of hours yesterday until the rains began, clear this morning, so I plan on working 'til Noon and then watching the Packers game. More rain moving in tomorrow.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/20 05:36:03 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Finally had a great day to be outside. Worked at cutting down peonies, more of the same today, weather wise and work wise. Chris wanted to go to church last night so we would have more time today to continue. Stopped at Don Ramon's for dinner after church. Yum. Rain moves in again tomorrow. Chris has been pulling the landscape cloth off the garden so he can till it. He is also hoping that when the guys that farm the land around us start spreading manure once the crops are harvested, he can get them to "share" and give our vegie garden a pass or 2 of cow poop elixir.  They milk 400-500 cows; don't think they'd miss a little for our garden. Only monkey wrench in the day was some kind of moto-cross whatever that used our road for their event. Not big bikes, but the  smaller, whiny kind of motorcycle. I was out near the road (the peonies are all around the little building that at one time was the milk house when this place was a working dairy farm, near the road) Chris couldn't hear it way in the back, but after the 100th bike I was thinking evil thoughts. Must have been doing staggered start times; they kept going by all day. A few waved; I resisted holding up a certain finger.

My minor surgery which was supposed to be Weds. morning got changed to Thurs. afternoon. 

Chris just read me a line from Badger's post...his wasn't up when I started this...and NO. NO no no. No tramp stamp for me, ever. Just no. Like Crunch, plenty of scars already. Not into voluntary pain and skin cutting.

Have a beautiful day! 
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/20 05:43:04 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Got distracted about the tattoo thing; wanted to say to Bernie that Carol is a cutie. I would think the drive is worth it since you're having fun together. Oh, and I hope you had a taste of baklava, I just love me some good baklava. Little weird seeing you hanging out with a bunch of Saints, though. 

Video
Pix
YouTube

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/20 08:16:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning y'all.

Nice bright sunny skies this AM although the weather calls for cloudy all day. Our current temp along the coast is 72F at 8:28 and that is close to our high of 76 degrees.

Didn't do much yesterday. If you remember I said something yesterday about going to the beach. Got all ready and was on the way when I came to the 'circle' ( roundabout ) and I spotted all of these cars parked in a lot at our small plane airport. There were cops directing traffic so I decided no way am I going to get caught on Ocean Isle Beach in the Oyster Festival traffic. Did that a couple of years in a row and it is quite a mess of people. Plus I don't eat raw oysters.  So I headed to my fav escape place at Fibber's. It was almost empty when I got there but an hour or so later the people filled the place up. I looked outside and it was raining so many of the folks at the festival decided to bail and get some real food at Fibber's. I decide to go home and relax with Freddie.

No plans for today. Maybe watch a little football. 

Nice pictures, Bob. Hope you can do more hiking before the snow flies, although I know you really like to ski.

Hi Crunch. I don't envy your task helping Tomas look for places for his Mom. Physically and mentally a tiring thing to do. Best of luck to you both.

MB, I was actually a little nervous to enter that church. Thought lightning bolts would strike.
Only two more days girl ! Nice.

Hi PJ.

Badger, sleep overs sound nice but Carol has a cat and a dog; would have to find someone to take care of her dog. Will see how things go.

Cindy, you made my laugh. There were a lot of saints in that church and I was a bit nervous.  Beautiful hand painted murals and yes, I did get to try the baklava.

Last cup of 'joe' left. Y'all have a good day.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/20 08:39:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

A few waved; I resisted holding up a certain finger.  LOL, Cindy,  I loved this line!

In the tattoo picture, I wasn't sure if we were supposed to be looking at the tattoo, the wrinkled body, or marveling at the bikini style depends!  Each are equally bad but I didn't know that depends came in a bikini style!

If any of you gals have had a boob biopsy, please PM me.  Cindy, I thought I remembered that you had one...?  I'm not sure I want to have it done when I have other issues that are undiagnosed and more painful.  My other boob still hurts and the pains have increased to sharp shooting pain at times.  The biopsy sounds hideous as the nurse has described the procedure.  First I get put in a vice or similar device...a cuff?  The rest is also not sounding good.

I didn't sleep the night before hardly at all so I did not feel good yesterday.  I got up once then went back to bed, still not sleeping.  Got up and then napped on the couch in the afternoon and finally slept a few hours.  Felt better after and made a beef stew that was yummy.  I got too excited that evening about my bucket list trip and then worried all night that perhaps I had planned too much just before my trip to Mexico!  I'll be in KC the 28 and 29, driving back the 30th and leaving again the 3rd!  However the rooms are no refundable so...  I would not have been able to get a room there at any rate I would or could pay unless my friends had used their long standing IHG membership pull.  It was a fluke that the conversation even came up and was in time to still get a reservation.  I took it as a sign that it was just my time to take advantage of it and I will have friends to enjoy it with.   They could not get a Plaza view room on only their points.  View rooms were cash only.  They have a nearby room but will spend the lighting ceremony time at my room on the balcony!  Sounded like a win win for both of us.  

Bernie, I think Carol is nice looking too.  The distance isn't that far.  My, you are getting picky!  I don't think the perfect woman is going to drop from the sky into your backyard!   You expect too much!

MB, After taking pool floaties last spring, and realizing how much they weigh and the space, I wondered how you were going to get all your pool toys packed.  Good luck.

Bob, nice scenery.  I love babbling brooks or any kind of stream.  

Crunch, I certainly understand.  I had to find the "perfect" nursing home rehab for Mom after her stroke.  It took several tours and a few days of looking.  I was lucky to find something close to home so I could visit everyday,  but the food wasn't so good and mom threw her food tray on the floor after a week.  That's when I bought a little fridge for her room and began preparing her pureed food at home.  They also allowed the guests to go outside and smoke in a supervised group.  And they kept her scotch bottle locked up and fixed her daily cocktail (or 2)  at 5pm!  Of course I had to sign several "against Dr policy" statements but I didn't care.  I believe in Quality, not quantity.

PJ, How is SJ's hand now?  I hope improving by leaps and bounds!  Have fun on your trip!    
You too MB and GEM!  I'll miss being there to see you all.

No CHIEFS game today so I plan to get a few things done and take a drive in Roxanne as the afternoon is supposed to be warm and sunny.  Right now we are fogged in.

Badger, take some down time and enjoy the game!

Everyone enjoy your Sunday!
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/20 09:16:10 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Twirley, yes I had a boob biopsy, but it was a long, long time ago.( I was 30 when this was done) And it was just a needle biopsy. A very big needle, though. It had something like pincers instead of a point, so no, it wasn't pleasant. The pincers grabbed a bit of tissue from the lump that caused the concern, which they examined and determined was just cystic tissue. I continued to be VERY cystic until menopause. Cyst free now. That said, I urge you to have the biopsy done. Have a conversation with the person who will actually do the procedure; the nurse who described it sounds like a wackadoo to me. Like she/he was intentionally trying to scare you. I am sure that everything would be done to ensure you would be comfortable. Please, please, do not shove this to the back burner. Get 'er done. 

Video
Pix
YouTube

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3798
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/20 09:50:12 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Holly, I also had a breast biopsy done about 3.5 years ago and it did not take long at all. The only thing I did not like was it hurt a lot when the Doctor stuck the needle in my breast but it was to administer the anesthesia and was over shortly. No idea what that nurse is talking about.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/20 12:45:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good afternoon BC buddies.  61 and sunny.  Beautiful blue skies and lighter winds again today.  Church at 8:30 followed by a tan appointment.  Back home to finish one last blueberry pancake with my tepid coffee.  Just turned on the Viking/Lion's game.  Waiting on Luke to show up to blow irrigation system out.

Holly, I had a stereotactic right breast biopsy back in 1999 beneath the nipple in deep tissues.  Two areas were sampled.  Titanium clips were placed at each biopsy site.  In all honesty,this procedure was particularly painful because the biopsies were deep and very close to my chest wall.  Lots of bruising and soreness for a few days.  Hope no one gets upset with me about my personal experience and I'm certainly not trying to scare you.  All of our experiences are different and you will be just fine.  Please make yourself go through with the procedure.  The medical staff will make you as comfortable as possible.  Hugs.   I didn't realize Mahomes got injured until today.  I wish you were headed south as well. Would have been fun with a few of us down there at the same time.

Cindy, did you and Chris split that "porky" dish you both enjoy?  I wish you well on your upcoming surgery.

Bernie, kind of early in the dating process to make any decisions about Carol....in my humble opinion.  She's a nice looking gal.  Time will tell.

Hola Jamie.  

Badger, happy to hear you will take a break and cheer your team to victory.

Luke just arrived.  I gotta scoot.  Enjoy your Sunday!! MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/10/20 15:12:17

Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2447
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/20 14:19:31 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy Sunday to all!
Crunch, I don't envy you at all about trying to find the right place for your MIL.  Biggest advise I can give, is to make sure where ever you choose, it has the 3 levels of care and that they have a good amount of memory care rooms.  We love where my Mom is now, but she has definitely taken a turn for the worst as far as her memory.  The nurse called me on Wednesday and said I needed to come "sit" with my Mom.  She was very confused.  Didn't even know to put the fork to her mouth when I took her down to lunch.  She just seems lost.  She still knows us, but is extremely frustrated and confused.  Took her to her family practice doctor and she has a UTI  so is now on a course of antibiotics.  The dr thought and I hoped, that this was the cause of her confusion.  But she hasn't shown much improvement.  The nurse at her assisted living facility said they can't score her to see if she qualifies for Memory Care, until her full course of ATB is complete.  But also said, that if she needs Memory Care or 24 hr care, we would have to find another facility, as they have no available rooms in MC and they are not a 24 hr care facility.  UGH!  So if this is a continuing issue, we will have to find another place and move her.  I am so angry about it all.  We chose this place because of the fact that they had the Memory Care and she could still be in a place that she is familiar with and knows all of the employees.  And on top of it all, this is happening a week before we're supposed to go south.  UFFDA!  Thankfully, I have 2 brothers and a sister that will be in charge during our absence.  I just hope she stays well enough while we're gone.  It's just a sad, sad thing to watch the ones that were so strong, start to fail.
On to better things.  We brought the ceramic pots inside today.  I'm digging up the elephant ears sometime this week and hopefully will store them correctly this year so I don't lose them again. Hopefully only one more mowing.  
Sounds like everyone is having a pretty good fall.  Those of you traveling soon, have a safe and fun time.
Tatt wants to go over to Cozumel for a day while we're there.  I need more info on the ferry.  Do we just get tickets when we go?  Also, have it in memory where and where not to sit.
Can't seem to find the online declaration paper to print out.  Does anyone know where? I've done the tourist papers and have them ready to go.
I've rambled enough.  Have a great rest of the weekend all!
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/20 14:47:54 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Gem, I'm really sorry to hear about your Mom and unanticipated issues with her care facility.  Bright spot is that you have other siblings to take the lead while out of town but I know it's still upsetting.  As far as the declaration form, I've not filled one out for at least a year. Hope to see you soon, safe travel and a big hug sent your way.  MB

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/20 17:11:52 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Gem, that is ridiculous. We just found out Betty hasn't taken meds for ?. Had hoarded a 9 month supply. Found a great place near us she can afford for a couple years. Too much going on and to be ut in place for her arrival Friday. Spent 3 k today and only got her airfare and newbed, nightstand, and dresser. Apparently I will not be retiring any time in The next decade lol
Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/20 22:23:46 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Oh Kim I so get it. It is just pathetic what our seniors have to pay for quality long term living. My Moms monthly bill at this place is $4,800.00. And they can’t accommodate her when she needs more care? It’s just so sad. I’ve told my kids, that when I get to that point, just put a pillow over my head.
Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/20 22:23:47 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Oh Kim I so get it. It is just pathetic what our seniors have to pay for quality long term living. My Moms monthly bill at this place is $4,800.00. And they can’t accommodate her when she needs more care? It’s just so sad. I’ve told my kids, that when I get to that point, just put a pillow over my head.
post edited by Gem - 2019/10/21 10:56:35
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/21 04:52:04 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Supposed to be another warm-ish day with a high of 62, but in the afternoon there is a 100% chance for rain. Hopefully I can get through the laundry quickly and get back outside before the rain starts.

Thoroughly enjoyed the Packer game yesterday! A nice break in the weed-pulling and peony cutting. My back particularly enjoyed the break from bending. Got 2 different stings/bites from I don't know what, one each on upper breast. Both are still welted up, one is still hot. Might have to consider taking some benedryl, but don't want to get sleepy and waste the day. You'd think with several frosts now they'd be gone now. Something got under Chris' shirt and stung him near his navel. Windier today, perhaps that will keep them at bay.

Crunch and Gem, my heart goes out to you. Praying that everything works out for the best.

MB, no we did not get the "porky" again. Although pork was involved in both of our dinners. Chris got the al pastor dinner that Badger had last week, and I got my fave chorizo street tacos. The porkies were so big that both of our carry-outs were another 2 meals each. Be awhile before we try that again.

Holly, how are you doing? Make that appointment, girl!
PJ, clock is ticking. Are you mostly packed and ready?

Have a great day, all, Hola to all I've missed.
Cindy 

Video
Pix
YouTube

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/21 05:07:34 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Saints, it's Moanday.

MB, hope you have a great trip, be sure to take lots of photos for us!

It's 5 am and I'm running late already.

Wag more....bark less.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/21 07:36:28 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Will be mostly sunny today with a high of 73 degrees. Current temp 58F at 7:27

Yesterday I went to lunch at Maverick's and had a delicious cheeseburger. They had 4 different games going at the bar. Got to watch some of the Green Bay game; Packers kicked some butt. I'm sure Badger and Cindy cheered them to victory.

I stayed up late to watch that Dallas game, Crunch. Wowza. They were on fire !  So sorry to here about the problems with your Mom in Law. Prayers sent to you and Tomas.

Yikes Gem. Prayers for you and your Mom as well. Some of these homes. Ugh.

Happy travels MB. Stay safe and enjoy the sun and sand.

Moving slow and sipping the coffee even slower. Darn. Another gal fell out of the sky into my backyard; gotta go help her if I can.  Need to put some air into my wheelbarrow tire.

See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/21 09:32:49 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Storming here.  Under tornado watch.  Cuddled up in the basement with a scared lil doggie.
Should be over by noon.  Then I need to go grocery shopping.  Ran out of laundry soap. 

Crunch and Gem,  prayers and hugs for both of you.    

Cindy,  Not finished packing yet.  Rounding up items and clothing.  Dining table has become staging area.

Bernie,  A gal fell out of the sky??  Gonna need a translation.  LOL

Wishing all of you a great day!  Hugs

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/21 09:48:34 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Crunch, You OK this morning???  Seeing all the tornado damage in Dallas area.  
We had them here too altho I haven't seen reports of major damage.  Apparently I slept thru the tornado sirens!  Chris was up.   My house phone rang two different times at 1:15 as the sirens were going off so I assume it was part of the warning system.  If it had been someone I knew, they would have used my cell number.  I don't answer the land line.

I think Sherry and Tom left this morning.   I think the rest of you are leaving tomorrow.  Wishing all of you safe travels and a very fantastic vacation.
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/21 12:32:50 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Luckily we are ok Twirley. Terrible tornado damage in Dallas. Thank you for checking.

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/21 13:59:26 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I came back on to whine about our weather, but I guess I can't complain too much with so many of you under threat of tornadoes and other severe stuff. We have a strong east wind (cold coming off of Lake Michigan). Gusts are up to 50mph, it is raining sideways, the dogs are clingy and whining. Branches falling everywhere, I had to run out and catch a large, heavy plastic pot that we keep the hose coiled up in as it skipped and jumped and did somersaults across the lawn. Leaves are hitting the windows so hard, they actually make a pinging sound. Our weather people LIED. And this all started around 8 am, so no gardening for me. I think I may curl up with a blankie and watch some of the stuff on the DVR. Planned on grilling arrachera  tonight, may have to broil it instead. Hope it isn't doing this up north and our buddy Badger is trying to work in it!

Video
Pix
YouTube

Page: << < ..10311032103310341035.. > >> Showing page 1031 of 1047
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5