AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..10261027102810291030.. > >> Showing page 1030 of 1043
Author
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/17 09:40:51 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Blue sky day here.  A high temp of 63F.  

MB,  love the boots and red sweater.  You'll be looking awesome for the holidays.

UpHill,  Loving all the fall pics.  Such beautiful colors.  

Twirls,  sure hope the test will help find the answers. 
Thinking of you.  

SoSo,  glad you had a nice Thanksgiving with family.

Time to get moving...  
Wishing all of you a beautiful day.  Hugs

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/17 13:50:57 (permalink)
MB, I am finding the refinishing of my cabinets to be tedious and satisfying. Not much to show, I'm just adding a couple layers of poly, smoothing them up to make cleaning so much easier. Back in 2012, when I built and installed the cabinets, I was rushing, only put two layers of poly on them, trying to get the house done and moved in so I could get back to work. I figured I'd add some more poly at some point in time. And here I am 7 years later....

Twirley, glad to make you smile!

It was blowing this morning and pouring out. Blew over my BBQ grill, which normally does just fine in the weather. I heard it go. Then I heard a loud noise outside and every electronic thing in my house started beeping. Then the lights came back on. Turns out they lost a wire a couple miles from me on the main road. I had a ton of traffic detoured by my house today. I hear they have opened the road up to one way traffic now. They are working on it, but it's hard, as when it is windy out, it doesn't make sense to be up in the air in a bucket. 

Well, I guess, if I want to get this phase of the cabinets done, I gotta get back at it. 

Have a great day all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5525
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/17 15:20:50 (permalink)

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/17 16:26:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
beans hay cranes corn fall vista north of our house

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3796
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/17 17:58:42 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Nice looking boots, MB! Sweater looks really good also. You must have a really good tan by now.

Bernie, Carol sounds like a real nice lady and enjoy the Greek Festival (send food pics if you take any, OK?).

Hey, SoSo, great to hear from you, sounds like little Zoey is coming along just fine. Good thing you found a sitter for her should a chance for a short (or long) getaway present itself.
Love the pic, hope those folks with lots of tattoos have lots of money for laser treatments if they want to remove saggy tats. Heard laser work hurts like the devil also and MB seems to bear it out with her tales of laser periodontal work.

Twirley, hope you are doing OK. Think about maybe taking it easy for Thanksgiving and maybe be a guest and just bring a side dish. Let your body heal itself, you can use the rest, much as it goes against your nature.

Thanks for the pictures Badger, loved the ones of the pastor especially. Sounds like many of you might be in for an early winter.

Weather is still warm during the day, but typical mid October California weather, our lows are now in the high 50s (cold for this gal). Thinking about having my cleaning crew change the bedsheets from my percales over to my flannels when they visit next month. On the upside, another warm spell due Sunday with weather in the 80s again (but still cold at night).
Have a dentist appointment Tuesday 29, have a hunch I might need some work, my gums have been pretty tender the last week or so.

Uphill, thanks again for the beautiful pictures and hope your cabinet finishing goes well for you. Seems like you always have a lot of projects to keep you busy. Good for you.

Hope Frank is doing OK, hasn't posted in awhile.

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/17 18:21:37 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  55 and sunny now.  Beautiful day.  Ran a bunch of errands this morning and then returned to heat up a blueberry pancake and then Kiddo showed up for lawn detail.  He felt terrible that he accidentally damaged the curved portion from the gutter to the extension.  Gave him a pliers and rubber jar opener and he bent it back into place. 

Twirls, keep us posted.  Thanks for the chat earlier.

Bob, thanks for the explanation of the cabinets.  Just curious what kind of wood and how often sealant should be applied...after 31 years here with media oak stained cabinets.

Bernie, nasty oral surgery but not as bad as what you experienced.  Quit the Ibuprofen today.  All is good.

SoSo, that would be "Forever 21" chica.

Cindy, thanks for the photos lately.  Rainbow was my favorite  until I saw the cranes, corn and beans.  Very nice.

Claire, happy belated birthday.  

Crunchie....where are you?

Pablo, sure am enjoying the warmer temps here.  Time to get er done and then some.

PJ, always something to do.....chores.  Right around the corner is your next honeymoon.  Whoop, whoop. 

That's it for me.  Manana, MB

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5525
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/17 19:47:07 (permalink)
+1 (1)
PJ a fabulous mural on the Coz ferry, may your adventure land you a seat close.

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/18 04:47:59 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Wrinkly Butts, it's Friday.

Cindy, nice pic that Chris posted, but will you please show him where the "comma" button is on the keyboard?

Jamie, thanks, that Al Pastor was delicious!

Pj, also, many times there will be a live band performing on the ferry ride.

MB, nice weather here for another day or two, but next week is not looking good.

It's Boat Drinx Friday.

Wag more....bark less.
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/18 04:53:04 (permalink)
MB, in theory, the finish on the cabinets should last the "lifetime" of the cabinets. However, those nearest the dishwasher and sink may need refinishing from time to time as the steam can work on the finish. Also the heat of the stove can do the same. This often takes years and most do not even see it happen as it happens so slowly that it becomes part of the landscape, as the saying goes. 

I am down to the last run of cabinets, my upper kitchen cabinets, which I should finish up today. Looking at the ones I have already completed, I am pleased with the efforts. It is tedious work, but very satisfying. I am using a satin finish, so it won't show off finger prints, but I can still see a sheen in the finish.

Cleaning the cabinets will be much easier now. I prefer not to polish the cabinets, as furniture polish makes it very difficult to apply any future coats of poly. This has become an issue when someone wants the hardwood floors recoated, and they have been cleaning the floors with Murphy's oil soap or applying any polish. The oil and soaps get into the cracks between the individual pieces of flooring and interfere with the adhesion of future layers of poly. The hardwood flooring guys in my area recommend cleaning with a swiffer and windex. 

Well, I'm up early so I might as well get a start on things. Have a great day all. 

Lovin life,
Bob

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/18 05:30:01 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Badger

Cindy, nice pic that Chris posted, but will you please show him where the "comma" button is on the keyboard?

That was my thought exactly when I saw the caption he put on that pic. thinks he is ee cummings 
I was happy the pic turned out OK. Joey was out there barking and barking and my curiosity kicked in. When I saw what he was barking at, went and grabbed a camera. There were many more cranes to the left and right...I haven't seen them gathering like this at such an early date, usually Nov. when we see this activity. Doesn't bode well for winter months; think we're going to see an early and long winter.

So Seth had 2 days of back to school and today is a teacher in-service day. DIL is bringing the kids up later this morning for some room to run.  We did a bit of online Christmas shopping yesterday...you've all seen how much Didi likes my JD; Chris spotted a deal on a kid-size battery operated JD, almost half the price of what it will be when it hits retail stores. Even comes with it's own little trailer. My Dad would be so proud we're passing on the John Deere "gene".

It really never warmed up yesterday, and the wind was biting out of the NE. Plus my lower back was screaming at me all day, so never got anything done outside. And now today I'll be entertaining the grands, so probably will not get much done, again.

PJ, my only advice for the ferry is : DO NOT CHOOSE A SEAT NEAR A YOUNG MAN WHO HAS HAD TOO MANY FRU-FRU FRUITY DRINKS! (with guacamole on the side!) That guy up-chucking right behind me was a nightmare! Half the passengers came up and expressed their sympathy to me as we were getting off the ferry. Well, maybe not half, but quite a few, anyway. Gives me the willies thinking about it!

Need to make an early morning grocery run, so best get going. Have a wonderful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/18 06:11:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Pablo:  I know it is next to the m.  I do not know if it is a yin or a yang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eixevXANKAo
post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2019/10/18 06:22:15

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29469
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/18 06:30:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Crazy busy at work and dealing with 92 year old MIL issues this week.

Love the boots and sweater. Price? Rude to ask, but I am in love....

Twirley - hope all will be a-ok and just a scare.

Got to run, but this just about made me split a gut SoSo:

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/18 07:11:36 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Still dark out but weather man says sunny all day long. The current temp is 50F at 7:04 and our high 68 degrees. A great day to visit the Greek Festival.

Yesterday I decided not to do a beach walk; too windy and rain was a possibility. I did make it to Fibber's though. hee,hee. Egg sandwich was darn good.

I also decided I wanted the Roberto's Bang Bang shrimp last night. Left the house a 6 o'clock
and had some great tasting bang bang and a couple of GT's. Wasn't very crowded at the bar and Andrea was pleasant to me. Small talk. Surprising. The owner, Dave, said 'hi' to me when I walked in and asked "are you two talking now?". I told him I don't know. She's probably still mad. He laughed and said "she always mad at somebody". I replied 'I just came by to eat your yummy Bang Bang shrimp and have a couple of drinks.' He told me "thanks for coming in". Oh well. Food was good and my drinks were not watered down. I don't think I'll make Roberto's a frequent stopping place. Maybe a 'once in a while for good Italian eats'.

Today I will drive down to Carol's place and we will go the the Greek Festival. It's located in Myrtle Beach at a large Greek church. I hope it's OK. Never been to one so not sure what to expect. Carol grew up in a Greek family but doesn't remember much of the language.

Jamie, I take my camera and grab a few photos today.

SoSo, that's an awful looking picture ! Sick I say. Just sick. ha,ha,ha.

Cindy, I was staring at the picture that Chris posted and was thinking "what the heck is a hay crane" ???  Couldn't come up with an answer so just shrugged my shoulders and continued to stare at the picture. I remember you telling that story about your 'mishap' on the ferry. Gross !

Bob, hope the cabinet finish comes out nice. I'm sure we will get a picture when it's all done.

Hi PJ. Less than 2 weeks for you two now.  Wee ha !

Crunch, you and SoSo are both sick. hee,hee.

See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/18 10:40:58 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Morning all

Decided not to go to KC.  Some of my GFs are not going and are unavailable this weekend.

Badger, and Bernie, I thought the same.  Hay cranes???  But I loved the picture.

Cindy, I wish I had hung on to Jay's JD.  He had other tractors before it but always salivated over JD and finally traded a tractor in on one.  He loved brush hogging with it.

Bob, I hear you on the cabinet refinishing.  I had stained and finished EVERY piece of cabinetry and woodwork in that huge house we built and sold.  The cabinets were knotty cherry.  I used English chestnut stain and four coats of poly, inside and outsides of all those cabinets including the bathrooms.  I sanded between each coat.  It was a long process and I don't want to do it again...altho I usually stain all my stuff myself still.  I'm very partial to the English chestnut and its the stain on all my hardwood floors in this house.  Good luck!

MB, I, too,  liked your shortie boots but they don't look good on me.  My legs are too short.

Crunch, I'm sorry that you are up to your neck in parental responsibility.  Yes, it's a pain in the arse but what else can one do?  We did escape all responsibilities of raising children, whether by choice or fate.  I say it's a fair trade.  You have an exception maybe with your dad.

Bernie, I think you'll enjoy the Greek festival but don't overdo the food.  Interesting that Carol is Greek.  

Supposed to be a lovely warm day and I am hoping Roxanne is done as promised … noon today.  I have plans to get out for dinner to a patio somewhere.  Not wasting any days that are nice at this point.  
I am still suffering allergies.  The light frost in places didn't kill off the ragweed yet.  Next up is the decaying leaf allergy.

At least we won the game last night.  Mahomes had a knee injury that I understand will keep him out of the games for at least a month.  At least the DEFENCE showed up and the 2nd string QB, Moore, got in the groove eventually.  The OFFENSIVE line is going to have to provide more protection to the QB if we are going to win anymore games. 

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/18 11:34:07 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Blue sky and a high of 71F today.  Perfect!  
Thanks for all the ferry advice.  SoSo, I'll be sure to look for the mural.  
Cindy,  Ewwww!  So gross!  I've been so looking forward to the Cozumel ferry ride. 
Pray nothing like that happens.         
Yesterday got out the lemon oil and worked over on all the living room furniture.
Today, pulling down the drapes and sheers to wash.  Clean the french door windows and two high windows.
Then use the dustbuster on a long pole to get rid of some cobwebs I noticed in the high ceiling.  
Clean the ceiling fan.  Arms should be pretty well pooped out by the time those chores are finished.
After the dust is done flying.  Tomorrow I'll vacuum and mop the floors.  

Bernie,  Have a great day at the Greek festival with Carol. 
I always enjoyed going to Greek festivals in the various places we have lived in. 

Cindy, the rainbow pic is wonderful!  Have a great time with the grandchildren today. 
Didi is going to love her Christmas present!  

SoSo,  LOL on the tattoo pic.  

Jamie,  glad you are feeling better.  Hard to get free shipping out of Macy's.  Boogers!
What looks like a deal is a no-deal once shipping is added in. 

Twirls,  Enjoy your top-down day.   Dinner on the patio sounds wonderful.

Jeepers have been off and on typing since 9:30.  Better get to work. 
Have a great day all!  Hugs  

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/18 17:21:42 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Well folks, I have finished my cabinets. Here is a picture of what they have looked like for 7 years. Kinda dull, no reflections, tough to clean. 

And here they are with some more finish applied. (I know, hard to tell the difference. 

Of course, since I built these cabinets to the ceiling, it meant that every door had to be removed so I could do either the top or bottom (if it was a lower cabinet). After I did those tops and bottoms, I put them back in place and was able to coat the entire door hanging on the hinges. 

Don't be fooled by the mostly empty counters. Tomorrow means clean up. I have dust and sandpaper pieces everywhere, and stuff from out of the drop clothes. That's tomorrow's project for me.

But maybe I'll do a little hiking as well! I drove into town today, shopping and a movie. Tree branches everywhere and you can see where trees fell across power lines. Leaves are mostly gone. My garden is a shambles. I wanted to leave some sunflowers standing for the winter, so the birds could find some food. They are all blown over.  I'll have to do some yard work here shortly. 

Have a great evening. 

Lovin life,
Bob

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/18 18:31:02 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  I think we hit a high of 70 today with sunny skies but very gusty winds.  Did another tan appointment and then a quick shower.  Changed into another outfit and headed out to meet to former Blue Cross girlfriends for lunch.  It's been 3 years since our last get together.  Both of their husbands are ailing and Ruthann's youngest son is here from Alabama being treated by Mayo for tumors on his liver.  His wife passed from a heart attack at 36 years old and he has raised his three daughters on his own.  How life can change so very quickly.  We talked up a storm over our three hour visit and vowed that he would get together much sooner the next time.  Been goofing around the rest of the day.

Bob, I can see more sheen on the cabinets with the additional poly.  Glad you knocked it off your list.  

Jamie, hope you are getting stronger.  Enjoy those 80 degree temps and good luck with your dental appointment.  

Crunch, no big deal with the cost.  $70 for the Vince Camuto boots and $30 on the sweater.  I wanted a simple no frills holiday sweater as I have a really cool necklace, made in Israel, that will really dress it up.  Early Christmas gifts to myself. 

Bernie, hope you had a fun time today at the festival.

Badger, soaking up this nice weather.  Heard that MN and WI are due for another snowy season and there may be measurable snow here next Thursday.  

Cindy, DiDi is going to be thrilled with her own JD.  Don't know how you are going to top that next year.  

SoSo y Crunchie, that pic is so disturbing.  

Frank, you okay?  Please check in.

Bosco, are you going to be impacted by Nestor?  Stay safe.

Lots to get done the next few days.  Hope to get the irrigation system blown out this weekend and that will be the last of my outdoor chores.  Time for a bite to eat.  Happy Friday and weekend.  MB

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/18 22:12:20 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Evening all 

MB, MEASURABLE snow?  OMG!  Too early!

Bob, they look great.  Did you TSP first?  

Went to patio dinner in Roxanne with Angela and David.  Conversation got around to Thanksgiving and they said they were booked in KC to see THE PLAZA lights come on at a hotel there.  It's been on my bucket list for years and I mentioned it.  Next thing Angela is s on the phone for reservations.  It sounded too cheap to me.  I've tried to get a room with a balcony view for years.  Always WAY PRICEY!  They already had a reservation.  Got it done but still sounded too cheap.....Turns out, it was.  When I got the confirmation later, it was NON VIEW!  I called back.. Finally after much persuasion and the help of their Platinum membership, I GOT THE UPGRADE at no extra charge!  I (hopefully) will get to see the KC PLAZA lights turn on Thanksgiving night at dark in person on a balcony perched just above the crowd!  I'm so excited!  Hopefully I get there and get to check that off my list!
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/18 22:19:02 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Forgot to mention ONE BIG reason it was too cheap...she had the wrong dates!  U.S. Thanksgiving is late this year...the 28th.  She had made her reservation on the wrong date so it was a good thing that I caught that!  I'm just glad it seems to be ALL straightened out! 
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/19 05:11:38 (permalink)
TwirleyB
Bob, they look great.  Did you TSP first?  

No but I hit it several times with windex. Needed something to really cut thru the grease that had built up on the cabinets over the stove. I regularly clean up the cabinets over the stove, but was really surprised at how much grease there was. Or maybe I was paying extra attention trying to get it good and clean, I don't know. But not until the rag slid over the cabinets without that sticky feeling of grease, was I done. I used up most of a bottle of windex! Then came the sanding. Every molded piece, every flat, every concave. I think I sanded for most of a day and a half, getting all the details. Then I swiffered by hand to get most of the dust, then more windex! I truly think I spent more time on prep (cleaning and sanding) than actual applying of poly. 

I went to pick up my switch/harness for my snowblower yesterday, hoping it would be in. Nope. They are closed all next week. Item should arrive sometime soon. The thing is, snow should be arriving sometime soon as well. And until I replace the switch, I'm not certain I have found the problem. I'm pretty sure, but we'll see. 

Twirley, you got the upgrade!!! Will we see some pictures?

MB, isn't it great getting together with friends. Just shooting the bull can be so... rewarding, eh?

I'm up early, it's Saturday. Laundry is going, gotta do some housework, and there is a hike to be had. Gotta be at my buddy's house at 9 AM, and the town dump is right on the way, so I gotta get the the trash and recyclables ready. When I get back, it'll be time for some yardwork. (That will be after I make myself a BLT, of course!)

Have a great day all!

Lovin life,
Bob

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/19 06:17:33 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Reflections on tattoos: every time I have seen someone on the beach, male or female, covered with tattoos, I have sort of mentally aged them and then thanked the heavens I have never even been the slightest bit tempted to get a tattoo.

PJ, it WAS way gross.  The other time we took the ferry was quite enjoyable. Don't sweat it too much, but then again, I would still try to avoid sitting near anyone who looks to be younger than say, 30? after THAT experience.

MB, I envy you the temps you had yesterday. I don't think we got even close to 55. The wind was out of the NE and if you weren't in direct sunlight, it was biting. We picked up a few colorful leaves for DIL to use in fall decorations, but pretty much scurried back inside after that. Hoping the wind is down considerably today.

Fun talking with Badger y Babs, but kept it short as Badger had been outside all day in the brisk wind and was getting sleepy.
Everyone have a beautiful day! 
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/19 08:34:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Woke up early.  Took the pets out for yard patrol.  SJ is sleeping in.  
Beautiful crisp fall morning here.  High temp of 69F this afternoon.
Finished most of what I set out to do with cleaning the living room yesterday.  Will finish up today.
Wishing everyone a wonderful day!  Hugs  

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/19 08:52:38 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Little cloudy this AM and will probably stay that way. Showers this afternoon. Current temp is 55F at 8:42.

Yesterday I enjoyed the Greek festival with Carol. Food was good. Carol purchased several pastries that she remembered from when she was little. We sampled them when back at her house. There were not too many vendors at the festival, maybe booths. The was a band playing traditional Greek music; a different sound to my ears. No one was dancing but Carol said that the dancing will start in the evening when folks were drinking the Ouzo. Ha ! No thanks. Carol wanted to go inside the Greek church to light a candle in memory of her Mom and Dad so we did so. The inside walls and ceilings were covered with hand-drawn murals and very pretty. Only took a couple of pictures as there were several people inside the church that were praying and I didn't want to bother them with the flashes from the camera.

Got done with the festival and back to Carol's home around 4:30. She let her dog named Sam outside to romp a bit. I threw her the tennis ball for a while. Shen enjoyed that. After playing with Sam I had just enough time to sample a couple of those pastries before I headed back to North Carolina to feed Freddie. Got home a little after 6. It was a nice full day.

Carol had mentioned that her Brother and SIL were coming over for hamburgers on the grill this afternoon and I was welcome to join everyone. I asked for a 'rain check' but between us LG'ers, I'm having 2nd thoughts about driving the distance between our homes on a constant basis.  So today nothing planned.

Bob, you were correct about seeing a difference between the 'before and after' photos on the cabinets. You can probably tell, though. One more project down, si ?   Happy hiking today.

Hi to everyone else. I have decided to get ready for the day and then go to the beach before the rain hits. Couple of pictures while at the Greek festival to follow.

See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/19 09:00:30 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Carol inside Greek church

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/19 09:02:46 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I have been healed !!

Weekend at Bernie's
Page: << < ..10261027102810291030.. > >> Showing page 1030 of 1043
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5