AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..10261027102810291030.. > >> Showing page 1028 of 1031
Author
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/12 08:16:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

A nice sunny day is forecast for the coast and probably one of the last 80's we will see this week. Current temp is 60F at 7:51 Rain is supposed to start on Monday/Tuesday and Wednesday.

Yesterday's doctors was mostly uneventful. Got my flu shot and traded jokes with my doctor. He's a nice guy with a sense of humor. Blood was drawn and I'll have the "numbers" sometime next week. Immediately after doctor's visit I drove 2 blocks to Home Foods; parking places were all full and people were waiting outside to get a seat inside. I said 'nope' to myself and drove to Nell's. Both Linda and Edda were there and were genuinely happy to see me. I ordered coffee before Linda could even get to my table and she stated that was unusual for me; I explained the fasting for blood work and she said that she would keep the coffee cup full.
Ordered a double stack of pancakes and wiped them out. Burp.

After I got home and I washed out the bird bath, as they had been very dirty birds. My guess it was the doves. Also topped off the bird feeders; all species are chowing down with great vigor. They definitely know that cooler temperatures are on the way.

Later during the day I got a call from Carol, a lady I had been chatting with from the on-line dating site. She had to cut the conversation short as she had arrived at the grocery store. We decided to chat some more in the evening and we did so for over two hours. Whew. Hard to cover a lot of past experiences in that short amount of time. We ended our chat with agreeing to meet this coming week at a place shes likes down in South Myrtle Beach for happy hour and a bite to eat; place and time to be determined.

Today I hope to get back to the beach for my walk and perhaps some lunch at 'you know where.'

Cindy and Badger, you know we all are expecting a few pictures from your time together, right ?  Enjoy.

MB, pretty backyard picture. Thank you.  Temps in the thirties does not compute in my brain. Hee,hee. Soon you can escape all that for a while.

Crunch, same with your lower temperatures. Just hit ya pretty quick, huh ? Funny thing that we all know it's going to get us, and it does, but turning on the heater makes it kinda final. si ?

Bob, $36 bucks for a switch sounds expensive but what the heck. If it fixes the problem, so be it. Please let us know.

Hi Jamie.

Cindy. "cockleburs". Haven't heard that word in a while. Do you cut them out or just pull them out while holding the dog's fur and you wearing thick gloves ?

Ahhh, nice shot of the colors Badger.  Thank you,man !

Coffee done,
Y'all have a good day,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/12 08:20:13 (permalink)
it was a dupe
post edited by Beach Bernie - 2019/10/12 08:21:45

Weekend at Bernie's
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/12 09:31:34 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Bernie, I need to correct myself. It was burdock burs, not cocklebur.  When I was a kid, we called those smaller burs from cocklebur "preacher's lice" or "preacher's ticks" (I guess from the days when preachers traveled from small town to small town) Burdock burs are much larger, and I just used bare fingers and a toothed grooming brush.

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/12 09:31:42 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
A storm with cold front blew through yesterday.  Gave us a bunch more rain.  
Fall has arrived in West Tennessee.  Low temp was 34F.   With a high of 61F this afternoon.
The furnace is now in play.   My new Columbia fleece-lined hoody jacket felt wonderful during yard patrol.
An excellent clearance sale find for $20.  Goodbye old black baggy sweater.  

MB,  sounds like you are getting everything wrapped up for fall and going on your trip S.O.B.

Great that you have your name on the list for Europe.  Hope it all works out and you get to go.

Badger, Babs, and C&C,  have a great time together.  Joey and Sophie going to get some extra
love and rubdowns for sure. 

Badger,  gorgeous color in the trees.  

Jamie,  terrible about the high winds and fires in LA area.  Glad you are feeling stronger. 

Twirls and Bernie,  hope all your tests come back clear.  

jj and SoSo,  your fur babies are so cute!  

No big plans for the weekend here.  Wishing you all a wonderful day!  Hugs

janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/12 10:01:34 (permalink)
+2 (2)

Thanks PJ!  Your lil dog is a cutie too!
My baby is 4 months and a couple weeks old!  She's growing so fast.  Last weekend intestinal issues- Vet said she has a bacteria infection.  Taking her back this morning for a recheck.  She and Woody love each other now. She's made him feel a bit younger AND he plays with toys, which he has never done..He even plays fetch!

C&C and Badger  Have a fabulous visit!
MB  Your Toro lawnmower reminds me of a story.  Mr JJ always liked our neighbor's lawnmower.  So I went over and chatted with him.  I told him I wanted to surprise Mr JJ with a lawn mower like his.  He even said he'd help me get it home.  A few days later I got sidetracked and bought a convertible beetle.  When I drove up, my neighbor said, that doesn't look like a Toro lawn mower.  I said, "well, it's red!"  So I named my car Toro. 

It's been cold the last couple of days.  It was 30 degrees when I woke up this morning, so it was a little chilly taking Lola out with my robe on. At least I'm not in S Dakota!

Twirls  have you closed your pool?  I always wore black on closing day. LOL

Jamie- stay safe!  Those fires scare me!

Bernie  good luck on your date!

Make it a good weekend all!

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/12 11:27:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

Wish I was going to be with C&C and B&B!

MB and Badger, beautiful fall colors!  We don't have the change over yet.  It will probably come after the cold snap last night.  I see some of the Canna leaves are a bit wilted.  The rest of the potted plants outside will get cut off and we'll store all the pots in the garage.  Since everything was repotted this spring, I can skip repotting most of them next spring.  A few will have to be thinned out.  Some of the older, not so pretty, pots will be dumped and I've already bought new ones on clearance for use next spring.  

My gallbladder test turned out to be an ultrasound on my whole abdomen.  The  technician was looking for a 2nd kidney and finally mentioned she couldn't find it!  Apparently my chart failed to inform her that I only have 1!  I'd never thought to ask what was in the spot for that missing kidney and I have open space!  Results are pending, of course.  Still having the same persistent tummy problems.
LOL.  I am such a goofball that I knew when I left the house that I was going for the gallbladder test...HOWEVER...by the time I got to the hospital my brain had switched to "BOOB" procedures!   I arrived at the breast clinic in record time and was a bit early.  I went to check in and...DUH, wrong appointment!  That one is next week!  I had to get back in the car and drive to the other side of the hospital and re park.  By then, I was a few minutes late.

The weather yesterday wasn't as horrible as I anticipated, however I hurried home after the test for breakfast!  It was cold and windy and I spent the day roasting a chicken and making chicken and noodles.  After mostly roasted, I removed the meat of the chicken and boiled down the bones with the drippings, veggies and more stock, for even more of a rich stock!   They were YUMMY!  Today is chuck roast with veggies and gravy.  Mostly I'm cooking for Darren's family and his mom to have a couple of good dinners ready after the long moving process but Chris and I will enjoy the meals as well.
Sun is shining today and supposed to hit 60 and warming thru the 7 day forecast.  No plans other than cooking and TV.  I think Hallmark has new seasonal movies on Saturday night!  My big thrill!  I'm so old!

2 phone calls later and I got distracted and forget if I was going to add anything else.  LOL.

Everyone, Please check in.  We miss those who lurk and others who are short on time to post!

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/12 17:22:54 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  38 and cloudy.  Light snow showers off and on all day.  Made a return at Walmart at 8:15 and then did a tan appointment.  Back for a bite to eat and then got down to business and got all the floors cleaned and house dusted except for the lower level.  Can do that quickly after early church tomorrow and before football.  

Holly, sounds like things are under control for now.  Looking forward to good news on tests.  Glad Chris is there to assist and so nice of you to prepare some meals for Darren and his family.  Will be greatly appreciated.

Cindy, hoping Chris winterized that kitchen door for you and you are enjoying your evening with company.

Bernie, good luck with Carol.

JJ, your Lola is so pretty.  Hope she feels better soon.  Isn't that great that she has sparked new life in Woody? 

PJ, climate is a changing for sure.  Never use to turn on furnace until Halloween.  Last year late September and early October this year.  Hope all is calm in your hood.  Hugs.

Bob, let us know how the new part works out for you.  Good idea on tilling the garden in the spring.  

Hola to all the folks I've missed on BC and those that show up for looksy only aka lurkers.  Be well, MB.

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/12 18:33:27 (permalink)
Folks, I forgot my camera today. Apologies! What fun watching the wife carrying.

And what do the winners get? Look at this teeter totter. She is on one end, and they balance off the other end with her weight in beer!!!!

and they get 5 times her weight in dollars. They are eligible for the world championship in Finland. More info located here:
https://www.sundayriver.com/x5244.xml

Colors were out good, despite the drizzle and clouds. (Not my picture)

Twirley, another adventure at the doc's as only you can replay it to us!!!

Bernie, that does sound expensive for a switch, but it is a water proof (supposedly) 3 position switch with 3 feet of cord and waterproof ends on it. More of a wire harness than a switch!

Have a great evening all!

Lovin life,
Bob

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/13 05:00:06 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Cold, sleety and rainy. Went to Don Ramon's and enjoyed Mexican food last evening. Prolly didn't need the 2nd pitcher of Margs, but they are oh-so-good. With the crappy weather, we mostly stayed inside and yakked. Paul took some pics, mostly of Joey, I think.

Chris is making a coffee cake with some of the Aronia berries we froze to go with eggs and bacon later, after Babs is up and about. A hearty breakfast on a nasty day.
JJ, she's so darn cute! 
Holly, only you could turn a Dr. appt into an adventure! LOL

Have a happy day, all!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/13 07:47:05 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Nice bright sunny skies this AM and it should be a mostly sunny day. The current temp is 66F at 8:04 with a high of 81 degrees. I'll take the warmth while we have it.

Did a 55 minute beach walk yesterday and enjoyed watching the folks along the way. I witnessed a lady pull in a nice sized flounder and there were several groups of kids playing in the surf. Water temperature still fairly warm at 77F.

Big plans for today. My first date with Carol in Myrtle Beach is at 5 o'clock at PF Chang's. Looking forward to meeting her. Update tomorrow.

PJ, nice score on your new jacket and glad you guys are getting the much needed rain.

jj, very cute picture of your new little doggie and great that woody now has a play mate. Funny story about hubby NOT getting a new lawn mower gift from you. Toro !!!

Thanks for the pictures, Bob. Looks a lot like last year's event. Probably a great spectators challenge.

Cindy, sounds like a nice reunion with Paul and Babs, although way too short. Please tell them I said hi.

MB, countdown into single digits. Sweet !

Coffee time almost over. Pictures of yesterday beach stroll to follow.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/13 07:47:05 (permalink)
Nice day to be on the beach. Looking South.
post edited by Beach Bernie - 2019/10/13 07:49:45

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/13 07:51:51 (permalink)
My normal walking route to the North

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/13 07:54:10 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Legs are looking good but belly getting out of control

Weekend at Bernie's
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/13 09:05:02 (permalink)
Bernie, the guy who was waving his arms at the finish line was the winner this year. He had some stiff competition from #44, who ended up crashing just before the finish line. I was disappointed that we didn't have some of the big name players this year. There are actual professionals in this sport! It's mostly done for the beer in a good natured kind of way. The guys who do this for real are world class athletes, and it is impressive. I doubt I could keep up with them when I am not carrying a woman with me! It is kind of a big deal locally here. Much like the jumping frog contests! LOL!!! I love living in small towns!

Them beaches are giving you more room these days! I love it down your way, though, really, it is too hot for me to be there full time. A short visit is fine!

Sunday River Ski resort is kind of throwing in the towel on some Summer activities. They rejoice when they only loose 2 million a month in the Summer. Lots of buildings and maintenance, and no one is buying tickets, but they make it up in Winter. They have tried a water park, mountain biking (more on that in a few), zip lines and more. Weddings are making them money which they hold on the mountain vistas. Since they have given up on mountain biking, another local ski resort, Mt. Abrams, is tackling it. They have cut some new trails in for bikes, and today is a a sneak peak at what they have done. I think it is free, but I'm not sure. It's late in the season, and today's projected high is 62 degrees. But I'll head over there with my bike and check it out. There is a big part of me hoping my bike stands up today, I have had the worst luck with my bike this Summer. 

Have a great day all!

Lovin life,
Bob

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/13 09:46:17 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Morning all
Bernie, you're looking good.  Good Luck on your date!

Dang, I thought some pics from C&C's would be posted by now!  Hint Hint!

I signed out after my delayed post and didn't see Lola's pic till this morning .  She sure is cute and looks full of herself.  So glad to hear Woody has sparked a new friendship.  

PJ, your new hoodie sounds cozy warm!

I was exhausted last night after all the cooking I did.  I think I ran a marathon between the two kitchens.   I usually cook big meals in the front kitchen but it's not as cozy out there.  There were MANY trips back and forth to get necessary items.  A draw back of having 2 kitchens.  Something I need is always in the OTHER kitchen!  I don't have room to keep the bigger pots and pans in the back kitchen nor a lot of the pantry items.  
I fixed 2 pot roasts with double veggies.  Green Beans and apple pies X 2,  Pies had to bake in the front oven because the roasts were in the back oven.  More trips...   I had previously baked several pans of big fluffy rolls.  Plus I had to divide and finish off the chicken and noodles.  Darren and family didn't get back and to a stopping point until late, about 8pm.  I had everything wrapped for reheating and boxed, ready and waiting.  I sent his Mom a "Welcome to the area" card with my hope of rekindling a long ago friendship.  She got mad years ago because I did so much for Darren over the years and accused me of stealing her son...  I felt sorry for the kid because they practically threw him out when he turned 18 and then didn't do much to help him with schooling.  His dad was hard on the kids and his parents moved and became withdrawn from their lives.  Both boys excelled at school on their own and Darren and I helped each other through a lot.  When their only grandson was born to Darren and Lisa, his parents didn't visit and get to know their grandchild because they didn't want to leave their cat for a weekend!  Darren grew pretty bitter about that cat.  His parents did raise good MEN who have great work and family ethics!.  Darren started working for me just past his 13th birthday, washing dishes in the restaurant at the resort, and stayed working at my resort until college days when he actually ran the place.  He cleaned the rooms, worked on plumbing, worked in the kitchen and maintained the pool and kept me from losing my mind in hard times. He even cleaned houses (my old customers that I used to take care of) in KC for money while going to school.   I'm really proud of him!  I'll quit going on about that now! LOL.

Today is rest and FOOTBALL!  KC at noon.  Weather is sunny and climbing temp to maybe 70!  I may go for a drive after the game.

I am hoping that Badger is going to take a day off, and have a 2 day visit,  for Columbus Day but I bet NOT.

Hoping everyone enjoys their Sunday!
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/13 09:54:04 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Bit foggy when I first woke up.  Cleared off to a beautiful blue sky.  A high temp of 69F today.
Made a pot of loaded potato soup for dinner last night.  Didn't have bacon.  Used diced ham instead.
Then I added a 1/2 tsp of liquid smoke to make up for lack of bacon flavor.  Yummy!
SJ fired up the woodstove for the first time last night.  Even with the furnace on his man cave was chilly.
Two bowls of soup in his belly and a nice warm fire.  He zonked out!  Slept there most of the night.  
I got in the groove with the ironing yesterday while watching/listening to movies. 
Also finished most of the laundry.  Really need to get ahead on some of my chores.  Prior to trip S.O.B.   
SJ has been working on refurbishing two wheelbarrows we have had since building our house. 
New handles, new bolts, new crossbars, and spray painting.  Looking good!

C&C,  lucky Badger and Babs.  Breakfast sounds awesome.  Bet Joey enjoyed seeing them again. 
Give Badger and Babs a hug for me.  

Bernie,  never been rich... mostly likely never will be.  I haunt the clearance sales in the offseason. 
Hope you enjoy your meet up with Carol.  

Twirls,  LOL on the trip to appointments.   Pray the test will show the cause of tummy problems.
Have you ever had the allergy test for beef/alpha-gal allergy?  Or paid attention to whether tummy problems
occur after eating beef?  It is a strange allergy.  No immediate reaction.  Symptoms occur hours after eating
beef or meat high in Alpha-Gal molecules.  Feels like hot coals in the bottom of your stomach. 
You feel icky and sweaty.  Want to roll up in a ball it hurts so bad.  All the symptoms you have mentioned.

All I have...  Wishing all of you a beautiful day!

Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2447
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/13 16:11:19 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Whew, just got home from the big 1st Birthday party for the twins.  Poor Baylee's MIL is a control freak, and had planned the entire thing.  Shana and I both asked to help, but this lady wants to take it all,  from the décor to the decision on the venue to the food.  Told Baylee she needs to nip this right away  The littles were so tuckered out that they fell asleep before they could even open their gifts.  It was a nice party though.  She brought in 40 large pizzas, 160 cupcakes, cookies, and so much other stuff!  Probably more than half was left.  Geezo.  I'm sure next year will be different.
Bernie, good luck on the meeting with Carol today.  Fingers crossed.
PJ, is SJ's hand much better now?  Isn't your trip coming up soon?
C&C and Badger and Babs, need to see some photos please.  I'm sure you all had a blast.  We need to do another Cheez Fest!
Twirley, your comfort food always sounds so yummy.  I made a big old pot of chicken and noodles last week.  I'd read somewhere about a "Secret Ingredient" that would make it better than ever.  Tried it and so true!  Ingredient was a block of cream cheese!  Who woulda thunk!
Jamie, so happy to hear that you are feeling stronger and doing so much better!
Crunch, MX soon for you,  don't you just love the anticipation?  
Soso, when do you and Glen head south again?   Seems like it's been longer than usual.
UHK, that competition looked a bit crazy.  Not sure if I'd rather be the husband or the wife in that one!
JJ what a cute pup!  Looks like a cuddler for sure.
MB, so close now!  Can't wait to see you there!
Just filled out the online tourist cards for Tatt and me.  Makes it so much easier.  I don't think I can do the declarations papers until a week prior.  Does anyone know for sure?
2nd Shingrix and Flu vaccine on the agenda for tomorrow, plus going with Baylee for the boys year well check appt.  They're at the age where she can't do it alone.  I love to help.
A couple of photos to follow from the party:

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/13 17:34:31 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  40 and mostly cloudy.  8:30 church service and then a tan appointment.  Back home for a bite to eat and shower before game time.  Toggled back and forth between the Vikings and KC and the Texans.  Then got busy with two small loads of laundry and house cleaning completed.  Sun has been popping out the last few moments.  It's been days with gloomy weather. 

PJ, hear ya girl on getting things done.  Super excited about you upcoming trip.  Can't wait to hear all about it with some pics.  That homemade soup sounds delicious.  My brother Paul said he had a ham bone for me and wanted me to make my bean soup.  My reply was "show me the walleye fillets".  

Twirls, hope your tummy issues get resolved soon.  Funny story though on the medical appointment mishap.  I'll deal with my tummy issues when I return from S.O.B.  OTC meds are having no impact whatsoever.  You mentioned you finished that piece of furniture recently.  Sure would like to see a pic of it. 

Bob, I'm thinking the gals need to have some bike helmets on and perhaps the men too.  Curious about the origin of such a ritual and world championship.

Bernie, hope your date is going/went well.

Cindy, that breakfast sounded great.  Neuske bacon perhaps? 

Safe travels home ByB.  Look forward to a cuddly pic of Joey.

Edit:  Gem, quite the party.  Hard to believe one year already. Yikes, on the control freak.  Akumal Bay has been looking so beautiful the last few weeks.  Getting super excited.

Hope everyone has a beautiful evening.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/10/13 17:58:39

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/13 19:52:58 (permalink)
Mayan Boar
Bob, I'm thinking the gals need to have some bike helmets on and perhaps the men too.  Curious about the origin of such a ritual and world championship.

Wife Carrying: A History
The legend behind the North American Wife Carrying Championship is based on 19th century Finnish legend "Ronkainen the Robber" who had high qualifications for the men he accepted into his band. To prove their worth, men had to compete through a difficult course with a heavy sack (or woman grabbed from neighboring villages) on their back. The first modern-day wife-carrying event was held in Finland in 1991 and foreign contestants were admitted in 1995. Qualifying events are also held in Australia, Sweden, and Estonia. The North American Wife Carrying Championship was founded in 1999 by Sunday River, which today is the organization that owns the event and serves as the sanctioning body for the United States and Canada to determine the North American winners of the World Championships. Additional information is available on wife-carrying.org

I have also heard that men would quite literally grab a woman in a neighboring village and run off with her on his back, while being chased by family members who might soon realize this was one less mouth to feed and give up the chase soon enough that it happened often. 

I'm sure there are more legends associated with it. 

Many women do wear a bike helmet. Think about the guy vaulting a log that is about chest high. If he barely clears it, her head will get hit. The rules are one man and one woman, doesn't have to be your wife. (There have been proposals at the ends of some runs!!) The man needs to carry her, though sometimes the woman carries the man. I have seen piggyback, wife on the shoulder, carried across the threshold style, but the upside down method works the best, think weigh location. 

Lovin life,
Bob

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/14 04:31:23 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Moanday.

Short & sweet trip to C&C's, good times, good company, good food and great doggies! Long ride home yesterday and we did see some snow covered ground here and there.

Having trouble loading pix, so just a few today, all of the sweet Joey. C&C must never pet him because he loves to come and put a paw or two up on you so that you will give him some love.

With me

With Chris

With Cindy and Babs

Gotta run, but will try to get more up tomorrow.
post edited by Badger - 2019/10/14 04:32:48

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/14 05:10:49 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Yeah, our dogs are SO neglected. 
Visit was too short, but better than no visit. And MB, of course it was Nueske's. Badger brought us a big bag of the pepper bacon. Yum. Thank you, thank you, Paul and Babs!

Had kind of a lazy day yesterday, even the pups were rather worn out. Think it was because Joey insisted we all wake up at 3am. Too anxious to see the extra humans in the house. The only project I accomplished was bringing in and repotting the big purple-ish spikey draceana. (at least I think it's a draceana) Wanted to save it, they get more $$ every year. Other than that, we were just plain lazy. 

With this early cold weather, getting envious of those of you headed south soon. We have to wait until Feb. for our next trip. Snorky Pam is in Portugal again playing with all the pretty horses. Already looking forward to seeing them in Feb. Just hope we don't have any airplane drama this time!

Need to get going, laundry day again! Have a beautiful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29469
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/14 06:33:55 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Those poor neglected dogs LOL! That Joey is so sweet looking and what a difference for him. Nice job all.

Excited for all departing in the next week.

Went and looked at an assisted living that is not as expensive as many for MIL Sunday. Very homey place and might be workable if she will agree and if we can find some extra dollars. Still a lot of things to figure out. MIL had this policy for "long term care" she has been paying for 20 years. The "Lutheran Brotherhood". Not seeing good things online and hope it wasn't just a waste. Will try calling them this week and see what happens. 

Tomas has jury duty today in civil court. Hopefully 1 and done.

How was the meet up Bernie?

Cowboys..................ugh. Made the Jets look incredible!
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/14 08:11:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Partly cloudy in the forecast for today. It rained a lot last night and we sure needed it. The current temp is 69F at 8:12 ( yes, I did sleep in some ) and the high will be 79 degrees.

My date last night was very nice. Carol looked just like her pictures and we had a good time laughing and talking between eating the great food. P.F. Chang's always makes yummy food and I brought home a doggy bag for lunch today. Carol told me she wants to have a 2nd date. Cool !

Today not much on my list. I plan to shop a little for a rental car on my trip to Meredith and John's house this Christmas. I used Costco's travel sight last year and it was a good price so I'll shop them again today.

Great pictures, Badger. Joey knows how to get the attention for sure.

Quite the birthday party, Gem. You think the twins knew it was for them ? Thank you for the pictures.

Crunch, wish you good luck on hunting for a nice place for your MIL. Also crossing my fingers for Tomas. Is he excited about the possible selection for the jury ? What is up with your Cowboys ?  They had such a great start this your and now ??  Lot of injuries ?

Oh Holly. Thank you for your kind words. What's wrong with you ? ha,ha,ha. Just pulling your leg a little.

MB, about a week to go. Have you made your packing list yet ?

Hi PJ. Hi Cindy

Can't get moving this morning. Last cup of coffee almost done.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/14 08:23:12 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

PJ, How is SJ's hand? 

Great Joey pics.  He has such an expressive face!  

It's going to be a lovely day here.  The high is now up to an expected 74!  Hopefully we will get some of the power washing done around the pool so the patio can be sealed before we have to cover the pool.  The solar cover is still on but I doubt if I get back in the water.  I checked the temp yesterday and the water is 69.  

Football...UGH.  Don't know what's happened with the Chiefs???  They are not playing well at all.   Something has to change or our season is shot.  

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/14 08:51:36 (permalink)
0 (2)
Crunch:  "Lutheran Brotherhood" merged with AAL, and the new company is called THRIVENT.  Here is the web site so you can find an agent:  https://www.thrivent.com/

Video
Pix
YouTube

Page: << < ..10261027102810291030.. > >> Showing page 1028 of 1031
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5