AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..10261027102810291030.. > >> Showing page 1027 of 1043
Author
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/10/09 11:03:42 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Slept in this morning.  

Cindy,  good for you on smacking the wasp.  Wasp are evil!  

Jamie,  glad you are feeling stronger and better.

Bernie,  that was a good long walk.  You earned those chicken fingers! 

Uphill,  protect that knee during ski season.  

MB,  nice Toro!  

Time to get myself in gear.   Wishing all of you a beautiful day!  Hugs

BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6877
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/09 15:09:59 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Hi everyone!

Cindy...I give up on PM's. I sent you some hedge apples today.

Have a great evening everyone!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/09 18:02:09 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  Another beautiful day.  High of 73.  Out and about for a tan appointment.  Paid some bills on credit card. My TJ Maxx order came today.....Deep purple Marmot snow pants and Lynx insulated winter gloves.  The pants are great in a petite size and a splendid fit.  Think I will hang on to the gloves as well.  Headed down the street to TJ and returned the other two pairs of black snow pants that I purchased online earlier.  Rearranged the garage after that and noticed my neighbor Kristen's mom was in town from WI.  Stopped over to say hi and let her know that her daughter can have my 17" Snapper snow thrower, if interested.  Runs just fine.  Changes in the air with rain overnight on the warm side of incoming storm.  Winter storm watch in northwest MN.  Nothing much expected here in the metro buy occasional rain and a few snow flurries.

Barata, ugh on the snow storm.  Maybe we will see you and hubby in Akumal.

Cindy, good job on getting that huge property cut.  Those wasps are nasty.  Remember Pablito knocking down a paper wasp nest on the split rail fence years ago.   Sounds like the weather won't be so bad for you either and should work out okay for your visit with ByB.  Will be so much fun for them to see Joey again and meet the devil pup.

PJ, I'm liking the idea of the electric starts on both the mower and snow thrower.  Will make my life easier.  

Bernie, did not fire up the lawn mower but did so with the snow thrower.  Was kinda sad when my 31 year old Ariens was hauled away with extra blades and bagger.  Served me well for many years. Still ran great.

Badger, looks like good travel this weekend for you two kids.

Hi Frank.  Hope you are doing well.

Crunchie, I'm sure it is really tough when family could use your help but circumstances don't allow.  So sorry you are getting the stress x 2.

Twirls, glad you are doing well. Love TJ.  Ordered some leather cognac ankle boots today and extra-fine Merino wool sweater for the holidays online.  

Hola Bob.

Jamie, I'm so happy to hear you are feeling better and gaining strength.  Such great news.

Tomorrow morning is window cleaning service with 8-10 window and then another tan appointment.  Waiting on return call from brother to move ahead with the European trip next fall and get on wait list.
Need to get busy cleaning this place again now that all the outdoor stuff is done and focus on some packing.  Been a whirlwind around here recently.  Have a beautiful evening all.  MB

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/09 19:32:22 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Sorry Bernie, no pics of my hand. It was cracked up pretty good, glad the new doctor recognized it as soon as he saw it. I keep it well moisturized with A&D ointment. Hoping the drugs do their job. 

I do, however, have pictures of today's adventure! We klimbed a shorter and lower hill than last time, but we rate it as more difficult. 

Still getting hazy pictures...

I just love this environment!

Have a great evening all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/10 05:14:33 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Travelers, it's Thirstday. 

Gem, thanks, Tom & Sherry are fun people to hang with.

MB, electric start is always good!

A BBilly sighting!

Frank, I tuned in early to the Cards game and it was already 10 to zip for the Cards, I didn't stick around much after that.

Looks like we may not make it to C&C's until Saturday morning, oh well, a short trip is better than no trip.

Hola to the rest of y'all!

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/10 05:35:51 (permalink)
0 (2)
Good Morning
Claire, that is so sweet of you! Thanks!
Barata, your blizzard is heading for the Dakotas, now my DIL's folks are in the path of up to 2ft.  So thankful it is not coming here! I think you should run away to Akumal for a break!  Worst we'll get is cold rain on the Friday night high school football games. Today is still supposed to be pretty nice, starts getting colder tonight. Think I may begin putting some of the deck furniture away...or at least get the old and getting-stinky indoor-outdoor rug that is under the table to the trash. And take Sophie's collection of sticks that have gathered on the deck to the brush pile.

One of the big farmers near us was out doing some harvesting last night. Joey was not well pleased with the noise and lights across the road, did a lot of barking to show his displeasure. I think they were making corn silage, won't be able to tell until the sun comes up. I am always nostalgic for my Dad at this time of year. I know I've told this story before, but after he stopped dairying, he became the county road commissioner. Area was just beginning to be inundated by folks moving out of Chicago to become commuters. Got a frantic call in the middle of the night from one such commuter who saw lights beaming in the fields and insisted that ALIENS HAD LANDED! Dad had to drive out and calm the guy down while trying to keep a straight face. It still makes me laugh.

Looking forward to P&B's visit, they won't be here until Saturday, hope they'll stay until Columbus (Leif Erickson!) Day.  Gotta get going now, have a beautiful day, all!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29469
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/10 06:40:11 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Love those beach pics Bernie. Never mundane.

How is life Bobski?  Your hand will be as smooth as a baby's butt

High in the 90's today and wait for it...................high in the 50's tomorrow. Holy cold front!

Got to run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/10 07:00:12 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone. Cloudy AM turning to mostly sunny later today. The current temp along the coast is 65F at 7:08 with a high of 75 degrees.  Fall is getting here, slow but sure.

House looking very nice after Angie's cleaning job yesterday. I always stay to make sure she doesn't miss anything plus I help a little by using my Dyson to get the 'fuz bunnies' under the beds, chest of drawers and vanities in both of the downstairs bedrooms. Plus I pick up all the rugs so it will be a little quicker for her to run the steam floor cleaner on the entire lower level.

After Angie left I went to Fibber's for lunch and then stopped at Lowe's Foods for sale items.

Today is trash day and I'll shoot for a beach walk around high tide ( noon ). I also have to wash the bedding as well.

PJ, yes, that was a longer walk than normal and I had to push a bit hard to get it done. I'll probably go back to my normal one hour.

Good to 'see' ya, BeachBilly. What have you been doing ?

MB, I can't believe you didn't run the new mower but before you do so, please don't forget to check the oil level. Most times new mowers are not shipped with the oil already added.

Bob, I was only kidding about seeing a pic of your bad hand. I do appreciate the great pictures of the scenery on your hike.

Badger, please enjoy your trip to see Chris and Cindy, plus those great looking dogs.

Cindy, cute story about "the aliens". Have a good time with Paul and Babs.

You are welcome, Crunch. No pics for you from yesterday. My legs took a day off.

Coffee done and time to set out the trash.

Hope y'all have a great day.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/10 08:39:08 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

Up earlier for a change.  I've been feeling so fatigued that I've been concerned.  I decided to quit taking a new med I started 2 months ago.  It was helping to open my airways during this time of year when I suffer from terrible allergies.  It helped keep me clear but it might be the culprit to my feeling so sluggish.  I didn't take it yesterday.  I started feeling a bit more chipper by late afternoon.  I also took an ibuprofen at bedtime and I actually slept most of the night and felt rested and ready to get up before 7!  I'll stay off of it and see about a difference in how I feel.  
With a frost expected Saturday morning, maybe it will kill off some of the allergens.  Many years ago I was tested for Lymphoma because my glands were so swollen one fall.  Falling leaves are a terrible allergen to me, leaf mold!.  Raking and burning leaves is a BIG NO NO!  I still have to get thru leaf season.  

Jamie, glad to hear you are percolating better too!  Yes, I did have a plan for the feral cats.  Unfortunately the lady with the cats became a big problem.  She was mad because animal control was bugging her about closing up her sheds and stopping feeding them.  She actually ****ed off the last rescue organization that came to collect the kittens for rehoming.  She also was not friendly about us setting traps for the adult cats.  Plus The neighbors didn't want to contribute much for the "fixing" of the adults.  I gave up.  I'm not sure how many are left.  

C&C  and B&B, I'm glad the blizzard will miss you.  It's WAY too early for this carp!  Hopefully you will all enjoy a long relaxing weekend together.  

Bob, glad you got that hand looked at and hope it clears up quickly.

Bernie, good that you are back at the walking.

MB, it's good to replace the yard equipment with easier to use stuff and good timing.

HI BB! and to anyone I missed.

Crunch, So sorry about your "dad" and his situation.  Our weather is going from summer to winter overnight too!  Almost 80 today and wind chill of 32 tomorrow!  Storms later today and tonight with potential tornadoes!

The mice seem to know the weather is changing because I know we have at least a few in the house already.  They probably moved from the shed where Chris tore up their happy homes whe we cleaned the shed recently.  Yesterday I noticed Tigger hanging out by my closet door staring under a towel cabinet in the bathroom.  It's movable so I moved it out where he could get behind it.  A minute later he had a mouse!  While I was looking for something to trap it, Tigger must have let him go to play with.  Mouse was gone and Tigger knew he went under my vanity.  I looked ant it must have escaped by the hole for the plumbing.  Mouse traps are on my list now!  Since I've quit letting the cats go out at night, I've found 2 dead ones.  At least they are doing their job!

I saw on our local "farm report" on the noon news yesterday that Fassnight Farm has finally harvested their cockscomb.  I'm headed there today and to the store for comfort foods for the weekend.

Enjoy the day!
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/10 09:52:51 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Blue sky with a high temp of 82F this afternoon.
SC came home for a quick visit.  She had an emergency appt. at the dentist to get a chipped tooth taken care of.
Plus a cleaning.  After she finished at the dentist's office.  We went into Lexington, TN to get the oil changed in her car. 
Bit of shopping at Wally World for some travel size items I couldn't find at the other WW store on Monday.
Late lunch at Zaxby's.  We both love the salads there.  A very enjoyable afternoon.  
SJ is finally putting the Cozumel trip on his radar.  Asking questions and planning his packing.
I booked land transportation with USA Transport and purchased the PDC to Coz ferry tickets last night.
SC fixed up my phone with WhatsApp and Hangout so we can video chat in Mexico.  
Tested it here at the house.  Sure hope it works as well in Mexico.   Also taking my little Fire book.
Which I know works with FB messenger chat.  
All I have....  Hope everyone has a wonderful day.  Hugs

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/10 17:59:35 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  59 and cloudy.  Light rain off and on since noon.  Window folks out around 8:30 for a good hour or so then I headed out for another tan appointment.  Got home and got busy on extra cleaning on window tracks (OCD) which then led to metal mini-blind cleaning of 5. Will finish the last one in quest bedroom tomorrow.  What a PITA.

PJ, fun day with your daughter and you both got a lot done.  That's great that hubby is getting excited.  Will be a great trip.

Edit:  Kim, sending prayers for the elder parents in your life.  

BeachBilly, you should check in more often.  

Holly, hope you figure out what is making you feel off.   Perhaps the med you quit taking. I'm feeling lousy with the leaves and mold as well.  Feel better.

Badger, looking forward to the self start on both machines to make my life easier.   

Gem, tick tock girl.

Bob, very beautiful pics of your latest trek.  Keep 'em coming.

You too Bernie.  Seems to be a part of our daily entertainment on the BC.  No big deal on mower.  The Toro straight 30W was already added and we checked the level together.  He gave me the rest of the unused quart.  I didn't see any reason to fire it up now with no intention to use until spring.

Cindy, so glad we dodged another bullet from the CO and ND snow storms.  Great time for a visit this coming weekend.

I've got the list already made for tomorrow.  Garbage, Walmart, tan and a stop at Kohl's.  Finally connected with my brother today.  Will send necessary documents for the 2020 Alpine tour, through Nawas, tomorrow.  Roads here are clogged this evening with campaign rally visits from President Trump and Vice President Pence.   Be well.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/10/10 18:19:31

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/11 05:27:36 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Raining. 
I don't think it is going to be very good year for fall color. Seems like trees are just turning a dull brown. This is usually one of my favorite times of the year. Not so much  this year so far.

Looks like I will be stuck inside today, so I'll vacuum and dust, brush the dogs, then vacuum some more.
MB, glad you're signing up for the Euro trip, hope there is a cancellation so you get to go.
Holly, hope you feel better.  Think you should talk to your Dr. before stopping meds, though.
PJ, great that you have SC to help with all that app stuff! Not so much on the spying, though...

Have a great day, all!
Cindy 

Video
Pix
YouTube

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/11 05:54:49 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Friday.

Looks like mostly rain with a bit of snow mixed in here for tomorrow thru Sunday, but after work today Babs and I will be driving down to her brother's place near Wausau to spend the night and then it will be only a couple of hours drive to C&C's in the morning. Plus, from Wausau it is only a short drive to Nueske's where we can pick up some bacon.

Hola to all!

Wag more....bark less.
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/11 06:08:27 (permalink)
Just some of the seasonal changeover going on these days.

I went out to clean out the garden and all of the sudden, all these yellow jackets start appearing on the green peppers. Sometimes, every now and then, I have a moment of clarity, and figured I did not need to do the garden right then. I went out early the next morning, while it was good and cold and frosty and finished up the garden. I considered rototilling it under, but in another moment of clarity, I remembered that yellow jackets make their nests in the ground, and if I were rototilling them up, with ear muffs on, and pulling on the tiller, I might not notice that I've run over their nest until they were all over me. I guess I'm gonna till the garden under next spring.

I may dig a hole in a different area of the garden and bury the compost. Up here, while the black composting bin works pretty well, it simply is not hot enough to bake it good like down in Florida. It does break it down good, but not completely. I have taken to burying it to allow the ground to finish it off. 

I went to change over the mower to the snowblower. For some reason, it didn't want to start last week after I had it running.  I checked the connections, pulled them apart and put them back together without finding anything. Fired up just fine. Maybe just needed to overcome a little corrosion at the connections??? Got the tire chains on. Turned the snowblower on, the belt is on correctly all seems well. But..... the electric lifting motor is not doing it's job. It becomes an issue if I can't lift the snow blower when I back up or turn. I suspect some more corrosion. More trouble shooting. The motor did center up momentarily, and that switch was finicky last winter. WD-40 made it work. I don't want to have to keep going to WD-40 this winter. I may change out the switching and wiring. It doesn't look entirely waterproof. I'll visit the shop today. 

Big hearing coming up soon on a bus garage for our school district, encompassing 4 towns. We need the buses, obviously, and they need to be maintained properly. The current bus garage is crumbling. Literally, the cinder block walls are literally crumbling. Buses have to be backed out of the garage into the main road. There is no lift in the garage, mechanics are using creepers to get under the buses. 20 years ago, the discussion started, but school roofs and other needs took prominence. 10 years ago, the garage truly needed replacement. Now, it desperately needs replacement. Of course, as taxpayers, no one wants to see taxes go up, certainly not for a garage. This will prove interesting to see how much the towns cheap out on the garage. They are known to cheap out on the construction to the point that it costs more in the long run operating the garage.  Penny wise and pound foolish. I'm not a fan of rising taxes, but let's not get stupid about it either. 

Gonna get busy folks, have a great day. 

Lovin life,
Bob

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29469
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/11 06:35:54 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I try not to get stupid about stuff every day Bobski. Sometimes it works, but most times .....epic fail!

You must be getting a nice tan by now MB. Almost ready to go huh? I am sure there will be a cancellation and that will be a neat adventure to Europe.

Hi BB!

Have a great get together C&C and B&B.

48 degrees this am. High of 60. No sandals for the first time all summer lol.

Hour walks in the sand seems like plenty Bernie. Keep on trucking......

Got to run....................
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/11 07:22:24 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Nice sunny skies this AM but temp is a cool 57F at 7:51 and the high will be 78 degrees.

Slept in just a little today; felt good. Yesterday was lunch at Fibber's and wash the bedding. Today I have appointment with my primary doctor. It's my regular 4 month blood draw to check the A1C plus I get a couple of minutes the chat with doc. He'll look to see how my shingles are doing; almost gone. Probably get my flu shot.

Cindy, hope the weather gets a little nicer for the visit by Paul and Babs.

Badger, safe travels on the road for you and Babs.

Bob, hope you locate the problem on the snowblower.

Crunch, you are correct. An hour is probably enough for me.

MB, we men are different ( obviously ) when getting a new machine of any type; just gotta start it up and hear it run. It's such a sweet sound. Ha,ha.

I must get ready for the doctor's appointment. Been fasting and I will make a bee line to Home Foods so I can have my coffee. Eggs sound pretty good right now.

See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/11 08:26:41 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

Bernie, No food for me either.  I have a gallbladder test this AM.  UGH.  Not looking forward to that!

I did not sleep as well last night but...
The med I quit was Symbicort.  I looked up the side effects yesterday and sure nuf, my symptoms were listed.  Cindy, I don't think it's that kind of med to worry about when quitting.  

It rained all day yesterday and all night.  Reports are 5.5" of rain.  The wind howled most of the night too.  It's not that cold yet but the wind chill 32!  Quite a switch from yesterday!  It was very muggy last evening and I almost turned on the A/C for a few minutes just to chill down my bedroom.  I didn't but threw off the covers part of the night.  Had to cover up and snuggle in this morning.   Tigger hogged the bed.  He gets right next to me when I fall asleep and wedges himself in.  I had to physically move him in the night!  He wouldn't wake up.

Safe travel B&B!  Hope it's a great visit.  

MB, You must be quite dark by now, Si?

PJ, always fun when the hubby gets excited about vacation time.  Hope SC got fixed up.  I have a very small chip on a front tooth that I need to have done.

You all enjoy your day.  
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/11 10:13:47 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Slept in again.  Like Twirls... I had a hard time sleeping at first due to humidity. 
I also thought about turning on a/c.  But knew it was going to cool down considerably by morning.
The high temp will be 76F for today.  Dark storm clouds are now rolling in. Bringing a strong breeze.
The leaves are falling like snow. Temps will be down to 36F by tomorrow morning.  

Cindy,  I remember being at my mom's house when the harvesters came down the road like a parade just before sundown. 
To harvest the green bean fields across from her place.  You could see the lights and the ground rumbled all night.
Enjoy your time with Badger and Babs this weekend.  

Bernie,  glad those shingles have pretty much cleared up.  Good luck at the doctors.
Breakfast is going to taste so good.  After fasting.

UpHill,  really enjoy your hiking pics.  Love vista's that you can look out over and practically see forever.  
My brother would grow acres of cantaloupe and watermelons on my mom's mini-farm. 
Then sell them and give the money to my little sister to buy school clothes for her 3 boys.  
Those little yellow jackets were PITA at harvest time.  My uncle who was visiting...  
decided to break out his pocket knife and have a wedge of watermelon right in the field. 
Hmmm... bad idea.  Also, bad idea to wipe his hands on his arse.   Because that is where the yellow jackets stung him. 
Learned a whole bunch of new ways to string together curse words that day.  LOL

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/11 15:45:05 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Woke up to 65 and humid this morning, now it is 43 and we are under a freeze warning for tonight! Not frost. FREEZE. Just gave in and turned the thermostat up. That is a whopping temp drop. May see some flurries after all. There were about 40 or 50 Sandhill Cranes in the field across the road and Joey spent half the day sitting just inside the invisible fence barking at them. I think the cranes were discussing whether or not to head south.

Video
Pix
YouTube

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/11 16:26:00 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Badger

Frank, I tuned in early to the Cards game and it was already 10 to zip for the Cards, I didn't stick around much after that.

Did about the same thing.  Took a nap before the game started and when I woke up the Cards were winning 10-0 so I decided to continue my nap!

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3796
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/11 16:54:24 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Well, it is fire season again and it hit with a vengeance, several large fires burning in the hillsides (many miles from where I live), the biggest one is only 13% contained and over 12,000 were under mandatory evac orders, 7500 acres, 1 dead (heart attack) and several dozen homes destroyed. Please send prayers to our first responders, hope they get this contained soon. Very high winds last night did not help.

8adger, have a safe trip and nice visit with C&C, you are likely en route now with the time difference.

PJ, sounds like you had a real nice time with SC the other day.

Hope you are able to take your European trip, MB. In the meantime, enjoy Mexico. Purple pants sound nice.

Twirls, glad you are feeling better and getting your meds adjusted with or without the Dr. help. Sad to hear that old woman is still feeding those feral cats. Sometimes nature just needs to take its course.

Good luck with the rototiller Bobski. Only had one encounter with the critters, they are not real common in my area. Years ago we were anchored at a cove on Catalina and I was trying to make Huevos Rancheros for breakfast for us and another couple. Slow going on an alcohol stove and I could only do one or two plates at a time and was passing them up into the cockpit when all of a sudden we got swarmed by yellow jackets who seemed "turned on" by the eggs. Eggs ended up in the trash.
Guess we were lucky none of us got stung.

crunch, hope things sort themselves out somehow, sending good wishes your way. Hope Tomas' neck is doing better.

Is nipper still over in France? She posted on the joke thread earlier today.

Where is SoSo and SnorkelingFools? Both have been MIA for a few weeks now.

Have a great weekend, all.

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/11 19:16:30 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  Burrrr...37 and a snow shower just literally blew through.  Feels like 28.  The wind has been horrendous today and leaves are a flying.  More of the same the next couple of days.  Got out mid-morning and hit Walmart, Kohl's, tan appointment.  Stopped at TJ to see what leather gloves they might have.  Not much yet and then headed to grocery store.  Had a quick bite here and remembered that my eye clinic called yesterday that my new frames came in so headed back out again.  Finished cleaning that last set of blinds and wiped down five screens which I will store in crawl space.  Ordered a Sonicare and extra brushes from Amazon and will return the Sonicare and brushes I purchased today at Walmart.  My Periodontist said to ditch the Oral B and I am scheduled for laser surgery next Tuesday on two upper left molars with deep pockets.  Didn't want to do this before my trip but he is insistent as he doesn't want me to prolong this procedure and hopefully I won't lose those teeth.  Post op appointment the day before wheels up.  Also, filled out all the necessary paperwork and sent that off to Pastor Kevan to coordinate with Nawas travel.  Fingers crossed on the wait list.

Crunch y Twirls, I am getting a nice color base and getting excited. Need to finish packing after I get this house cleaned up.  There's just been so much going on here lately.   

Twirls, what's up with the gallbladder test?

Safe travels to Pablo.  Hope you enjoy your visit with BIL and CyC.  Hope you packed some warm weather clothes.

Bernie, no worries on the lawn mower.  Glad you are happy with your cleaning gal and hope your appointment went well today.  

Jamie, was horrified to see the latest news on the fire.  Feels like an instant replay of the Paradise fire.  Prayers for all.

Bob, I'm thinking you love the challenge of getting that mean machine finely tuned and up to speed.  Good luck.  

Cindy, here ya on the weather flip.  Sure am glad we'are not in ND.  What a sight of all those beautiful sand cranes.  Have a great time with your weekend guests.  Hope your foot is feeling better soon.  Some fall color in my yard.

Hola to all I've missed.  Time to grab a bite to eat.  Happy Friday and weekend.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/10/11 21:49:28

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/12 05:19:29 (permalink)
MB, I do like things to be properly working. especially something I count on. When it snows, i need to be able to get to the mountain!!! Recently, I had a nail gun fail on me. The cost of parts was almost what a new nail gun would cost. So I replaced it. I figured there were a bunch of other old parts in that gun that could also go soon. I'm retired and really have little use for the tools anymore, but I do have some use. The tools of my trade are .... well, I don't want to say an extension of me, but I do find it important to have the tools of my trade, so that whenever I need to do a job, I can. 

Bernie, I did make it to the shop and talked to Dave, the owner who sold me the tractor. We talked about what was happening, and how I didn't mind throwing a few obvious parts at the machine if it saved shop costs. I learned that pick up and drop off is $75.00 and shop time is $75.00 an hour. $150.00 will buy a lot of parts. A switch, that had been finicky, was $36.00, so I am starting with that. It'll be in next week, and I'll put it on. The switch is supposed to be waterproof, but it started getting finicky late last winter. We weren't real sure about the switch, then I remembered something that happened. I parked the machine after I was finished, went inside and got my ski gear on. Came out and the blower was lifted up off the ground. Silly me, so i set it down with the switch. Happened next storm, set it down again. Am I forgetful or is something else going on? I come back out, and it is up again. Happened occasionally. So it looks like we have determined that the switch is a good place to start, and I certainly want to get it anyways. 

Jamie and PJ. That's it, I'm not tilling my garden until spring. Had a nice dinner last night, string beans and potato from the garden. I always cook two pieces of chicken, and with the extra string beans, I have a meal for leftovers! Best part of a garden. 

You should see the colors in these parts, full on color, but it was windy last night. I'm going to the wife carrying contest today at the ski resort, I'll try to get pictures. 

Have a great day all!

Lovin life,
Bob

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/12 05:53:49 (permalink)
+1 (1)
BRRRR! Good chilly morning!

Wind is still howling. Chris REALLY  needs to replace the front door screen with the glass! Kitchen area is noticeably colder than the rest of the house. 

Late in the day yesterday Joey came in with his tail looking particularly scruffy and dirty. On closer examination, not dirt, but a long line of cockleburs. Took an hour and a half to work them all out, with Sophie sticking her nose into the growing pile of discarded burrs and hair. Life in the country. Would have been a lot easier getting them out of Sophie's short coat.

PJ, funny watermelon story!
MB, pretty trees!

I need to make an early morning run to the grocery store before Paul and Babs arrive; have a wonderful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/10/12 07:13:27 (permalink)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Saturday.

Cold and windy here, too. Nice thing about the drive yesterday was seeing all of the fall colors at their peak. I took this pic at work last week.

Cindy, I'll text you when we are leaving here.

Wag more....bark less.
Page: << < ..10261027102810291030.. > >> Showing page 1027 of 1043
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5