AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..1026102710281029 > Showing page 1026 of 1029
Author
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/10/07 19:19:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Evening all

Badger and Cindy, OMG! NOOO   SAY IT AIN'T SO!  It's way too early for that but I am not expecting this winter to be easy.
I've already contemplated having to leave for the airport at 4:30 AM on Dec 3!  YIKES! (Although nothing like B&B have done or C& C, or others)  I thought about changing to the only other option from here which is an afternoon flight but I don't get there until 9PM and IF I have a problem making the connection in ATL, I'm stuck overnight.  I'll probably do a Park and fly hotel in Springfield overnight with a free shuttle because it's about the same price as the airport parking.  I'll wait and see about the weather...

The chili I made was really good!  The game was NOT.  I was disturbed to say the least.  I won't bore you with my thoughts but the penalties really hurt us amongst a few other things.  

The weather today was great so Roxanne went topless and took me to a couple of appointments in Springfield.  I thought about MB as I made a return to TJ Maxx!  LOL.  Going to run more errands tomorrow while this nice weather holds.
However the great weather is short lived and Friday it will be nasty! (considering location)  Planning comfort food menu for the weekend.

Jamie, hope are getting along better.

JJ, Lola looks really cute after her grooming!

MB and Gem, Not long now.  Most years I'm usually semi packed and have all my plans for the same time but I decided to alter my dates to the really short daylight days here, so December...  And the really cold nasty time, mid to late February into March.  I went in late February last year and loved it.  I hadn't been down at that time of year since about 2000.

I'm hungry for more chili.  It's always better the 2nd day!
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/10/07 19:35:00 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  Indian summer here.  Almost 70 through Wednesday and then things turn ugly.  Rain and snow.  Kiddo just showed up to start fall clean-up around 5:45.  Was done in an hour.  Has a mean big bad machine.  He's just bagging the front and will cut the back yard.  Mid-morning was errands and then some follow-up calls on various issues.  Another list made for tomorrow.

Bernie, glad you can hang with Chet.   Keep up those beach walks to get your strength back.   Enjoyed the pics.

Badger and Cindy, the "S" word has been mentioned here as well.  I am thoroughly going to enjoy the next two days.   Glad the pack won nonetheless.  Uffda on the ViQueens.  Never know when this team will show up.

Holly, bought a small cool pumpkin today,  White with orange stripes for my entryway display.  I'm sure your chilli was spectacular.  Yum.

PJ, glad you got your much wanted rain.

Kim, happy to hear procedure went well with Tomas.  

Don't remember all the other post so hi to all.  Sama, MB.

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/10/08 05:26:06 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Twosday.

Crunch, I'm happy that Tomas is OK.

Gem, spill the beans, who is the long time LGer?

Twirls, we much prefer the early flights to the late ones.

Bernie, I'm busy making "hay".

Since the weather looks so nasty for this coming weekend, Babs and I are thinking about a quick trip down to see C&C and the doggies.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/10/08 05:39:46 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Forecast for us has changed, the flurries don't come until Friday/Saturday. Accuweather had their winter predictions up on the news feed; if they are anywhere near correct, it is looking like a bad, snowy and cold winter ahead for us, Badger, and MB. Looks like today through Thursday will be the extent of our Indian summer. The good news is I should be able to get the mowing in before the bottom drops out. 
Dr. appt yesterday was...confusing. Spent time with the PA that works with the surgeon. She was gung-ho, let's get it done; more concerned about the tiny hard bump on forearm, thinks it MIGHT be a pre-cancerous thing. Surgeon was more laissez-faire, said it could wait or not. The "C" word got my attention; scheduled for Oct. 25th. Will be a quick procedure, both removed under local anesthesia in 45 minutes or less so can drive myself to surgery center. A stitch or 2 for each.

Today's challenge will be getting Sophie in the car without Joey. Vet appt. to have her first heartworm test. I can already see the hurt look on Joey's face. But too difficult to manage both dogs at once.

Bernie, as we used to say in the 70s, keep on trucking. Those walks are good for you.

S'all I got, have a beautiful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/10/08 05:45:02 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Badger, great news! Looking forward to seeing you both!

Video
Pix
YouTube

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/10/08 06:34:33 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy and good morning to everyone.

The coast will be mostly cloudy today. Current temp is 70F at 6:44 and the high will be 79 degrees.

Yesterday I did an easy stroll on the beach but didn't go for too long, as the high tide wasn't playing nice with me. I only did 30 minutes and headed to Fibber's for lunch.  When I got home I asked Freddie if she wanted to take a nap ? She said 'meow' so I took that as a yes and we took a "cat nap". hee,hee

Today I will try to get out to the beach a little earlier. When I get home I will pay a a bill or two.

MB, this is the time of year that the beach is cooler and not too many folks in the way. I enjoy the fresh salt air and sometimes stop to ask the surf fishermen-women if they caught anything. Took more pictures for you yesterday. I see you are only 2 weeks away for your time on the beach.

Badger, I know you work very hard; it is your nature to do so. Hope you can make that trip to see Chris and Cindy.

Thanks, Cindy. I'll "keep on trucking" as long as I can.  Good luck on the removal of those little bumps later this month.

Coffee done. Hi to Crunch and Gem.

See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29469
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/10/08 06:36:41 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Have a great visit B&B and C&C. Glad you will get rid of that thing on the arm before it turns into something Cindy.

Excited for you guys MB and Gem. Curious about the old LGer of course.

I had to show that pic of your car with the halloween amigos all strapped in to Tomas. Great pic Twirley!

So glad you are doing better Jamie. And getting your other eye done. Finally!

Got to hit the work pile so "hola" to everyone else.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/10/08 08:04:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
to the South not very many folks

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/10/08 08:06:12 (permalink)
+1 (1)
same with view to the North

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/10/08 08:07:37 (permalink)
+1 (1)
high tide nipping my toes

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/10/08 10:10:51 (permalink)
+2 (4)
Good morning BCers!
Cloudy and cool outside.  Feels wonderful. 
Made it just fine to Lung Dr. appt in Paris, TN.  Don't know what there is about that place.
But God laid another little errand on me.  Parking lot near the Dr's office was packed.
Had to go down a slope into the next lot to park.  As I was walking up the slope.  Came across a
lady with a walker slowly making her way.  As I got even with her...she turned to me with
the most beautiful smile and said,  Hello, how are you today?  I replied that I was doing fine.
How are you?  She replied,  I don't think I am going to make it into the building.  There was
no one to drive me here today.  Had to park so far from the entrance.  So I stayed with her encouraged her. 
Helped her get through doorways and up the elevator to the Dr.'s office. 
When I checked in with the receptionist. Told them that the lady would need a wheelchair ride back to her car. 
Sat down to wait.  Then the young lady I followed home when her father died.  Came and gave me a big hug.
Had my check-up with a nursing student.  That was fun.  She mentioned that I should get a flu shot.
Hmmm...no flu shot for me.  Explained Alpha-Gal allergy.  She found that very interesting.
Pointed her to the Mayo Clinic study for more info.  Dr. came in and thanked me for explaining Alpha-Gal allergy
to the young student.  As they have a number of patients with that allergy condition. 
Apparently he had been listening through the walls.  LOL  Anyway, I was good to go.  Lungs clear no problems.
No meds needed.  Call immediately if I should get a cold or flu and need their help to get over it.  
Thanks for helping the other patient in the parking lot.  With a wink.  Doc knows all.  LOL  See you in April.  
Stopped at different Walmart on my way home.  Picked up groceries, etc.
Got home at about 7 pm.   SC has tracker on my phone.  Sends me pic of my driving pattern for the day with a caption.
"You drive like a maniac!"   Little xit!   Thought that tracker just showed my location. Not my every twist and turn while
driving.  LOL

post edited by PJamigo - 2019/10/08 10:12:39

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/10/08 11:07:23 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Morning all

Cindy, glad you are getting those removed soon.  Gotta take care of ourselves.

PJ, good for you on helping so many!  As far as your tracking your driving...we are living in the age of Big Brother watching over !  In your case it's Lil Xit!  LOL.  At least she can tell where you are and find you if you are lost!

Was just talking to my friend, Angela, regarding elder parent care.   Her 77 yoa MIL is obviously having signs of dementia or Alzheimers.   85 yoa dad is in denial and in control.  Not good.  It's not easy on the kids or the elder parents when the time comes.  Kiddo Darren's dad died last winter.  He is still trying to get his mom relocated close to him for her health reasons and take care of dispersing all of his dad's shop equipment and tools.  Massive stuff for working on large machinery.  His mom can't walk because her knees are so bad and she refuses to see a Dr!  She has no $$ and she is 4 hours away!  Plus he works out of town all week and now has no family time at home because every weekend he has to go to his Mom's.  What a mess.  Sorry, I'm in one of THOSE moods again.

Badger, I hope you can get away for the weekend.  We want pics!

I think I'm "channeling" MB.  Went to TJ Maxx to return 1 item and bought 3 more.  They are tops, size small,  so I'm sure they will fit.  Naturally, I was looking for long skirts and leggings...came home with tops...

I had my Dr. appointment yesterday for a medical MJ card.  I qualify with having RA.  I'm trying to stay opiate free but the ibuprofen is killing my stomach and only kidney.  I'd like to have at least a couple of days a week of not so much pain and discomfort.  I'm sure you all feel the same.  

Chili cat, who is currently trying to cuddle in my lap making typing difficult,  also had a Dr appointment because he has been fighting with the feral cats and had 3 bite wounds.  No more going out at night!  Unfortunately he protests loudly at night!

One of the last few nice days so Roxanne and I are going on more errands.  I hate to see the grey, cold & rainy days coming.

Make hay while you can!
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/10/08 12:50:37 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I feel for anyone dealing with these issues and still needing to work and pay their bills and mortgage. It really is killer levels of stress. Especially when they don't live close and will not cede any control...

Cats and their need to go out and explore can be difficult too. Hope Chili adjusts.

What a day PJ. Well done.
Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2447
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/10/08 13:56:11 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Badger, it’s Travelon, aka Sherry & Tom❣️
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/10/08 14:58:08 (permalink)
PJ, that was heartwarming, interesting and comical, all in one!!!

Bernie, where are all the ladies?  Beach looks nice though!

Went to the doc myself. Apparently, he prefers personal discussions rather than over the phone. Of course, it meant another $25.00 co-pay and more billing to my insurance company. Knee is fine. He told me that it's really not bad, probably has some wear from the years I've put on it, but watch out for the following....

So, while I am there, I ask him about my right hand, the palm. It has been developing, what I can best describe as a dry patch of calloused, cracking skin. Started several years ago and has slowly grown larger. When it cracks, it bleeds and hurts, obviously. I have tried all kinds of lotions on it, at the suggestion of my previous doctor. Recently, I tried some coconut salt rub on it, which felt great, because rubbing the salt felt good on the itch and the coconut moisturized it. But it thinned the skinned and it cracked worse. Next up, is A&D ointment, commonly used on baby bottoms. That stuff works, lots of moisturizing and healing. 

But you know what they say about a proper diagnosis??? Yup. He takes a look at it says, I have athlete's foot, on my hand. You're right handed aren't you, how's your left hand? Left hand is fine. He says there is a name for it, 1 hand, 2 foot syndrome. I use my right hand to clean and trim my toenails, wash my feet, etc.... He checks my feet, and finds a tiny little bit of it. Gives me a two week prescription, with a 2 week refill if needed, according to how it goes. 

I figured that decades of construction work probably has done in my hand skin. I've met many construction workers with calloused hands. So, anyways, knee is fine, hand should heal up soon enough. 

Lovin life,
Bob

barata
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 4426
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/10/08 16:48:23 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Blizzard here today :( Most unusual for time of year, snow usually holds off till Hallowe’en. If it keeps up we may find ourselves in Akumal next month.
Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3796
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/10/08 18:25:46 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Nice pictures as usual, Bernie. It does look like summer might finally be over unless you get the occasional fluke hot spell like we do sometimes.

Twirls, good news on the medical MJ card. Have you tried Acetamenofin aka Tylenol? Not sure if I spelled that correctly. Sorry to hear the feral cats are still around. Didn't you have a plan to work with your vet to get them taken care of? Can't remember your post, been a few months since you mentioned them.

Bob, good news on the knee, take care of it, won't ski season be starting in another month or two in your neck of the woods?

Hope the snow holds off so Badger and Babs can go visit C&C. Glad you are getting your lumps taken care of Cindy (that does not sound quite right).

Guess now I know who buys all those pumpkins I see at the pumpkin patches this time of year, Twirls and MB for starters.  One year we were over on Catalina island for Halloween and one of the clubs was having a pumpkin carving contest. We entered and when we cut the top off that thing I almost barfed.

Gem, have a great trip. Happy birthday to the twins, inside venue is probably a good idea.
You too, PJ, hope SJ's hand improves enough so he can get in some snorkeling in Cozumel. Hear Coz is really a great place (never been for some reason).

I'm doing better, have a lot more of my strength back, thanks to Meals on Wheels, and was also gulping down Ensure drinks like crazy. Having headaches almost daily so gulping generic Tylenol PM, suspect it might be a side effect of the ulcer medicine (something called a protein pump inhibitor). Otherwise doing great and weather is still really nice.
Was getting sick and tired of my bangs (still need a haircut) getting in my eyes, so took a new pair of Henckel kitchen shears and chopped off about half an inch. When I do get to Fantastic Sam's the stylist can fix up the mess.

Enjoy the rest of the week, all.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/10/08 18:48:39 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  Another beautiful Indian summer day.  '70s and again tomorrow and then the bottom drops out with rain on Thursday and  high of 39 and Sunday.  Bouncy, bouncy.  Another busy day.  Headed out mid-morning to get my real I.D. card for travel in October 2020.  So lucked out at my small DMV office here with no one in line.  Had filled out the online application last evening and brought all the required documents.  While I was gone, the tree/sod folks stopped by and pulled out the rest of the metal stakes holding the new sod on the slope out. Then on to a tanning appointment, back home for a bite to eat.  Visit with MaryJo, who just got back from Italy, and then new electric start lawn mower delivered.  Spent a  couple of hours in garage shuffling things around to make it all fit in their space.  Then kiddo stopped by to get the heavy birdbath out back on two wheeler, patio table and umbrella stand into garage and battery tender on rider.

New electric start self-propelled Toro.

Gem, totally excited to see the mystery guests that I met in May.  Will they be down when I am there?  Hope so.

Badger, enjoy your upcoming visit.

Cindy, hope you can get that grass cut and get your fall clean-up done before the weather turns.  Hoping that the upcoming surgery goes well with no issues.

Twirls, your posts recently sound so much more uplifting.  All my best and I send prayers on your behalf.  You've had a tough road the last few years.  Hugs.

Bob, glad your prognosis on knee was good.   You'll be skiing those slopes soon.  Be well.

PJ, loved your story today and how it looped back to you giving comfort to that young gal earlier and the gal in the walker.  A small act of kindness and humanity goes a tremendous way these days.  Hugs, hugs.

Bernie, thanks for the beach pics.  Keep on trucking, as Cindy said earlier.  

Hope all the rest of you are doing well.  Manana, MB .

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/10/09 06:00:57 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
PJ, you are a shining light! Hugs and thanks for people like you. 

Jamie, you are sounding more and more upbeat. Carry on!

MB & Gem, please give Tom and Sherry hugs from me and Chris when you see them!

Forecast changed again. Today will be 70, but somewhat cooler tomorrow. Still a chance for flurries Fri. night, but now not a sure thing. Whew! Barata, so sorry for the early snow for you. Think that same system is headed for the Dakotas...DIL told me yesterday her folks in S.Dak might get as much as 20 inches this coming weekend. Yikes!

Not much on my agenda today. I did get the mowing done yesterday. Was a little proud of myself...usually I am quite terrified by wasps and other stinging insects. Had a wasp following me and hitching a ride on the hood of the lawn tractor, sometimes flying toward my face. Stopped the mower, got off and retrieved a pair of garden gloves I keep in a pocket of the seat cover, and whacked that pesky bugger with the gloves. Probably would not been as brave if it was the middle of summer and the wasp was more active. Anyway, have some housework and maybe a trip to Costco, depending on how my foot is doing. Yesterday I was hobbling, hoping for a better day today.

Need a coffee refill, have a wonderful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/10/09 06:38:38 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good news Bobski.

Barata - yikes. Hope it calms down weather wise for you.

Got to Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/10/09 07:07:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Weather man says another cloudy day The current temp is 66F at 7:09 and the beach high 78 degrees.

Yesterday I got started on the beach at 10:15. I was feeling frisky and decided to walk South towards the pier. You will see from my pictures that the beach was very wide ( low tide ) and my walk was my longest this year : 1 hour 20 minutes. My legs almost fell off but I have enough strength left to make it to Fibber's. Had the yummy chicken fingers

Today my cleaning lady will be here at 10:30. Maybe grocery shopping after lunch.

Gem, nice to hear that Sherri and Tom will join you in Akumal.

Long day for you yesterday PJ. So, SC is a spy on your driving habits. The tables have turned. Ha !

Bob, I'll be honest, I never heard of athletes foot on the hand. I'm surprised you didn't take a picture of it...you take pictures of everything ! hee.hee. Good news on the knee.

Hi barata. What's new up your way ?

Jamie, glad you enjoy the pictures. I should mix things up some and take a few shots of other folks just so my normal views don't get so mundane.

Nice Toro mower, MB. Did you start it up yet ? OK, I'll keep on trucking.

Cindy, you were so brave ! We will start calling you a 'wasp-wacker'. hee,hee. Maybe the last grass cutting this year. Snow. Ugh.

Must get ready for the day. Angie will be here before I know it. I need to get some cereal and then pick up all the rugs off the floors.

See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/10/09 07:09:53 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Oops. You snuck in on me, Crunch. Howdy gal.

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/10/09 07:13:15 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Cloudy day yesterday on the beach. I'll have to clock the distance but I think the pier is 2 miles away.

post edited by Beach Bernie - 2019/10/09 07:14:18

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/10/09 07:15:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
almost no one up North

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/10/09 07:17:28 (permalink)
+1 (1)
shrimp boat

Weekend at Bernie's
Page: << < ..1026102710281029 > Showing page 1026 of 1029
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5