AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..10211022102310241025.. > >> Showing page 1021 of 1043
Author
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/26 17:56:13 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening BCers!
No phone, no internet again.  Came back on about 4:00 pm.
Got all dressed up and went with SJ, my brother, and SIL to the taping of 
CMA Country Christmas last night at Belmont University in Nashville.  Was awesome! 
We had so much fun!   Got home about 11:45 pm.  A few minutes later ...all h*ll broke loose.
Went out onto the deck with lil doggie.  First heard what I thought was a gunshot down below the hill.
Then a bunch of bang, bang, bang.  So thought fireworks.  Went back in the house.  Big boom!
Went back out on the deck.  Just beyond treetops sky is all pink and I can see sparks flying up in the sky.
Ran to tell SJ something was on fire down below.  He took the car and had a look.  Heard the firetruck arriving.
SJ came back told me that the neighbor's trailer was on fire.  Trailer belongs to the son of the people I use to work
for at the truck stop.  So I know him.  Today I find out someone threw a jug of lite up gasoline threw the livingroom window. 
They tried to kill him!  He was asleep on the couch.  Yep, he is known to be a drunk and into drugs.  Not right in the head either.  Seriously brain-damaged from an auto accident in his teens. 
Thank the good Lord we had a big storm roll through yesterday afternoon.
Wet down the woods pretty good.  That fire could have burned all our homes down.
SIL says... BS he had a Meth Lab.  It blew.   We shall see.  Under investigation.

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/26 18:03:32 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  66 and partly cloudy now.  Another busy day.  Made a return to Kohl's and then a tan appointment.  Came home for a bite to eat and headed over to local hardware store and ordered the electric start Toro mower and made a stop at the cerveza store.  Then dropped off more compost at neighbors for pick up tomorrow and brought their three containers out and waters the entry flowers.  Call into plumber about the new toilet; getting frustrated about no call back.  Starts filling up when you sit on it and all on its own; not happy.  Also called landscaping firm to come back with electric gizmo to locate the rest of the metal stakes on new sod where it slopes.  I've stepped on two while mowing and pulled them out, but pretty sure there are many more.  Will pay them when that is done.  Have started to compost some of my outdoor pots and will take advantage of neighbor's compost weekly pick-up bin before they return from Europe.  Will save me several trips and a few dollars to go to local compost site. 

Tomorrow, have a long  over due cut and color with my stylist.  Can't believe I last saw here early November and will stop at Commer's for softener salt on the way.  They repackage the 50 pound bags to 25 for a slight uptick in price.  Well work it as I put them in an old pillow case and drag them from garage down one level.  Works for me.

Jamie, we are all happy you will stay on the MOS's for a couple more weeks.  Very good decision and glad you have a neighbor that can help you out.  When is the next eye being done?  That sure has dragged on since the first one. Hugs.

Twirls, glad you are enjoying fall.  Love the decorating and enjoy the rest of your pool time.

Susy, you are such a sweet gal.  All of us would just like you to check in more often.  You crack me up as my life is certainly nothing to write home about, but I do just to stay connected to folks I enjoy.  I'm with you.  Want grilled fish and seafood over the sweets.

Cindy, glad you had fun with DiDi.  Heard on the news that our first light frost is expected probably next week.  All the more reason for me to dump the flowers, as hard as it is for me.  Need a pic of that gourd you talked about.

Bobski, still loving all your pics.  You inspire me.  

Crunchie, what is the commitment on that project you've been involved with?  I applaud you and your efforts chica.

Bernie, don't nickname me "one day off" please.  Good luck tomorrow with your good bye to Lillie Mae.  

Where's Bosco.  What's up with IM?  You sneaky one.

Badger, bummed about the battery/camera failure.  Arghh.  Never bought desserts in the grocery stores....only the trunk food ones and have been satisfied.  

Frank, what's going on?  Update please.

PJ, hola and the rest I've missed.

Go Twins.  Have a beautiful evening everyone.  MB

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/26 18:39:52 (permalink)
+1 (1)
man pie, a couple bottles of wine and a packer game. . . life is good

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/26 19:04:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Damn, PJ.  That's awful.

Enjoy that man pie and vino, C y C.  

Edit:  Update on the small Moravian church where my folks are buried, courtesy of my youngest brother that I didn't even know until now.
 Waconia MN; a neighboring town Augusta is named after my great great grandma Augusta Poppitz Nancy.  

MB, nighty night.
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/09/26 20:34:08

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/26 20:46:24 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hi all.  Well the acupuncture did not work.  Nerves are too shot.  Back to square.  Don't know what to do.  Thanks for your prayers and thoughts. 
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/26 23:04:25 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Frank, so sorry.  Hopefully you will find something that will help.  

PJ, How very scary and I bet SIL is right.  1st thing I thought of when I read "trailer" and "explosions",...in them thar hills...  same for the outskirts and boonies in MO and AR.  Sad but true.  

Cindy, Man Pie looks great...Quiche?
I also just finished watching the game.  It was a tough one.  Back and forth the whole game down to the last 21st second.  Dang it!  I've been watching the Pack and thinking of a possible rematch of the 1st Super Bowl...

Time for bed.  
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/27 05:55:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Yes, quiche. Chris took a lot of ribbing on FB. (real men don't eat quiche ). Really loaded it up with spinach this time, was very tasty.

Good Golly, PJ. That had to be frightening. And you are saying the guy made it out alive? Meth lab crossed my mind too. Not much left to that place...hope that forensics can figure it out.

Disappointing score for the Packers. But glad to hear that the RB who took a helmet-to-helmet hit was able to move all extremities.

Frank, so sorry to hear that.

Badger, get a disposable and take more pics.

Have a great day, all!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/27 06:02:36 (permalink)
+2 (2)
prolly the last fresh from the cutting garden bouquet of the season

an interesting squash hybrid found growing in the compost pile

Video
Pix
YouTube

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/27 06:24:33 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy and good early morning to all. Sun still asleep but weatherman say partly cloudy today. The current temp is 77F at 6:43. High expected to be 85 degrees.

Yesterday I had lunch and the usual place. Had egg salad sandwich and a cup of chili bean soup (?). It was too thick to call it soup. More like a 'paste' but taste was good. Egg salad was super; ate 1/2 and had the other half for dinner.

Didn't hear from Don about what time he and wife will be down today until dark time, so left the boat in the storage lot. They will meet me at the bank at 10 this morning. I will go get the boat around 8:30 or so and bring it back home. After notary at bank, we all will go back to my house so Don can hook up the trailer to his truck plus I have stuff to give them : bow cushions that I store in garage, life jackets, folder with boat paperwork plus all the manuals and some other misc. items.

PJ, crazy about that trailer explosion & fire. Let us know if you hear about the details.

MB, don't worry about that. I won't call you 'one day off'. Do you prefer "pookums" ? ha,ha,ha.

Cindy, nice looking pie. Bummer on the Packers game.

Frank, sorry to hear that news. Hope you find some other relief.

Need to get ready for the day.
Hope y'all have a good one,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29469
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/27 06:43:45 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Oh Frank, I am so sorry to hear that. We will all keep searching and praying for relief for you. Nerve pain is just ridiculous. I know how hard it is too keep your spirits up, but do it for your family. Wish I could give you a big old hug.  I do believe relief will be coming, but I know that is cold comfort when the pain is just so exhausting.

PJ - such craziness. Thank goodness your homes were not affected.

I like pookums Bernie. That is so NOT MB LOL. Makes it even funnier.

Bobski - I think Cozumel will be fine. I bet this initiative will not last long and hopefully then they will focus on the real issues causing the damage. Sewage from resorts and cruise ships are probably numero uno along with the warming ocean.

Sorry to hear about the end of the Packer game. I would have preferred they win for sure. Say it ain't so camera wise Badger.

Tomas would eat that quiche gladly and he is 100% man

Got to run................
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/27 07:22:06 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Buenas Dias Amigos, hoy es Viernes.

Our last full day today, need to pick up some candy for our Mexican friends back home and go around saying our goodbyes. Trip has been great even if only one week long. My body feels much better from the down time, I'll be itching to get back to work as soon as we get home. It has been a little warmer than I like and with almost no winds the mosquitos have been really bad in the early mornings and evenings, that is the one bad thing about where we are staying, there is no air movement in this courtyard. There are almost no tourists here this time of year so some of the restaurants are closed or on limited hours. I did manage to find a few more pix on my camera's memory card...

Chris should appreciate this, boats are no longer allowed to anchor with a rope running up onto the beach, so no more tripping hazard.

One of the few places open early for breakfast now is Pelicanos, not our favorite, but we decided to give them another try

Finally, these were actually taken on a previous trip, but I don't think I ever posted them, they are from a mural wall on a side street here in PM.

post edited by Badger - 2019/09/27 07:23:22

Wag more....bark less.
janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/27 09:54:57 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Hola!
Boss is away, so the mice will play! 

PJ  I'm not buying his story.  I tend to agree with your SIL. 

Crunch... I tried your leash method on Lola.  She just laid down and said Nope.  It doesn't matter if it's a collar around her neck or a harness.  She simply refuses.  I will say, she does OK with it inside the house, but that's it.  I've never had a dog that I had this much trouble leash training.  I've even tethered her to Woody thinking that might work.  But she just lays down and Woody drags her. LOL

Cindy  I love quiche. 

Twirls  hope the girls issue is just from the seat belt. 

Badger- Enjoy your last day!

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/27 10:42:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Blue sky, sunshine and lower temps here.  Feels good! 
Temps back into the 90s this afternoon.  Plan to vacuum and dust upstairs today. 
Getting close to the 30-day mark for our trip to Cozumel.  I haven't told SJ about the reef
being closed.  He is going to be bummed.  Wanted to go snorkeling and scuba diving there. 

Cindy,  Chris's quiche looks delicious!  Sorry if my teasing with cc hurt his feeling wasn't my intention.
We love quiche/man pie at this house.  One of SJ's favorite meals.  Proud of Chris for making his own quiche.
Thinking we will have quiche and salad for dinner tonight.  

jj,  Awe...sweet little Lola will catch on.  Just keep on trying the halter and giving high praise. 
That is what worked here.  Those lil doggies love praise and treats.  Also a little jealous hearted. 
If you praise Woody when putting on the halter and leash she will catch on and want the same attention he is getting.
If can't get her to do that.  Maybe put her in a stroller (with a halter on) to go for walks. Let her get comfortable
with the halter.  Plus all the sights and sounds.  A proven SC method.  LOL  

MB,  great pictures!  Glad you had a nice birthday.  Time with your brothers is precious. 

Bernie,  hope everything works out today with boat sale.  You have me craving egg salad sandwiches now. Yum!

Frank,  will continue to pray you find relief from pain.  Hugs

Twirls,  hope your girls are ok.  Soak em in the pool or hot tub.  Might feel good.

Badger,  love those murals.  Food looks so good!  The week went fast, didn't it?

UpHill,  awesome views!  Such a beautiful area of the world you live in.  

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/27 11:34:51 (permalink)
Oh my PJ, Meth addict or not, I just can not imagine someone trying to kill someone, certainly, like that. Wow!

Today I am working, getting my railings set for my rear steps. 2 are set in concrete, one is in the holes, the last one.... well.... I need to get back out there and dig a pair of 42" holes. Hubba, hubba. 

Do you folks remember that explosion in Farmington, Maine? Turns out they had filled 400 gallons of LP into the tank on Friday, and when looking at the tank Monday morning, it was empty. Seems they have found a break in the ground where the line went across the parking lot, the LP leaked into the ground and some went into the basement.  Also, it appears some of the firefighters were in the basement when the explosion happened. More here:
https://www.newscentermaine.com/article/news/local/propane-leak-caused-deadly-farmington-explosion-says-state-fire-marshal/97-d2f83a83-07e5-4c53-a923-cb795aa5d775

Okay, back to work....

Lovin life,
Bob

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/27 14:11:08 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Regarding neighbor who had his trailer firebombed.
I can hear many conversations and noises that echo up the hill.  I can't see anything due to the thickness
of the trees.  Especially late at night when traffic on the hwy stops rolling.  We thought about clearing trees
back. For a better view.  But then realized we would be looking at two shacks and Mitch's old trailer along with the
rest of the view.  Decided not to do that.    Anyway over the past couple of week's I have heard Mitch arguing
with someone late at night.  Couldn't hear the other person.  But Mitch's voice really carries.  He was shouting.
You wanna shoot me!  Then do it, man!!  Yah, I know I am not worth much!  I'm a sorry SOB!  So shoot me! 
I thought Mitch was fussing with his father.  Who has to regularly chew his arse out for doing stupid stuff. 
Mitch has the mentally of a 12-year-old.  But is well into his 30s.  He hangs around with some pretty sketchy people.
Don't think Mitch does meth.  But he may have been stupid enough to let someone else set up shop in his place.

I had to ask his father a few years ago to talk with Mitch about coming to my house.  My husband and brother
didn't like it when he would ride up on the 4 wheeler and talk to me in the driveway.  Asking me to give him a beer.
Want me to make him breakfast like I still worked for his family at the truck stop. Inquiring about my daughter.
That last part really set me off!  Don't even have any thoughts about my daughter!  I'd shoot him myself and
leave his body on his daddy's porch.  His dad put a stop to it.  Never came up here after that.   

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/27 16:06:22 (permalink)
+1 (1)

PJ, Chris wasn't upset. He was laughing about it, too. He loves quiche; I just hadn't made it for a long time. I noticed a couple of weeks back that I had a package of those ready-made-to roll-out pie crust in the freezer, and thought I ought to use them before they got freezer burn. Made one a couple of weeks ago and the other last night. First one I used canned mushrooms, last night's got portabellas...so much better. Tonight I'm gonna use up the rest of the portabellas in a chicken stir fry with broccoli. Trying to keep portions smaller so he continues to lose; he's dropped over 50 lbs now! Helping me out, too. All my jeans are drooping, have had to start wearing belts! Next time I'm in Kohl's I'm gonna try on my favorite jeans in a size smaller. If they fit, then I'll buy a few pairs at Costco. (I like the Amanda jeans from Gloria Vanderbilt, love that bit of stretch in the fabric) $20+ at Kohl's. $14 at Costco. But no dressing room at Costco. And I hate the hassle of returning things. Couldn't shop like MB does...no offense, Cathy. That business with Mitch...do you know how he managed to get out? Amazing when you see the destruction.

Chris just got home, so I better start thinking about dinner prep. Have a good evening all!

Video
Pix
YouTube

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/27 17:51:25 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  63 and cloudy.  Got the softener salt and hair done.  Then off to another tan appointment.  Got home around 1:30 and had some yogurt for breakfast/lunch.  Had to do some cleanup in entry as a squirrel jumped up on the big begonia on tractor seat and it went crashing down on another planter that I had moved into the front entry from deck.  Argh.  Headed over to neighbors and put all their trash containers back in place. Got the hanging baskets on deck watered and ordered two pairs of snow pants online with TJ.  One pair will be returned most definitely.

Twirls, hope you are doing better.  Any updates on the doctor appointment?

Cindy, thanks for the gourd pic and fall arrangements.  Got the indoor stuff done; not much I put out but will do the entryway when I finally let go of the flowers out there.  Plenty of time to do so still.  That must be a production with the doggies and DiDi.
I was watching the end of Pack game in bed, but couldn't keep my eyes opened any longer. Shucks for the loss.  No offense taken Cindy....I've got plenty of time on my hands and everything is so close by for returns.  Love those baby portabellas.  Thrilled about Chris' weight loss and you dropping some pounds too although I thought you looked great in May.

Badger, hope you and Babs have/had a beautiful full day, evening and safe travels tomorrow.  The murals are beautiful.  Thanks.

JJ, haven't trained a puppy in years but remember it required a lot of patience, cleanup and puppy proofing.  Hope it all works out for you.  

Bob, that is just so sad about the findings on the gas leak and explains the massive destruction.  Prayers for all.  Terrible.

SJ, I sure am glad the guy didn't die and the fire didn't impact other properties.  Thanks for your update.  Sadly Mitch is so messed up.  Sure am glad that you had that conversation with his Dad not to come around.  Tick tock on the Coz trip.

Bernie, look forward to an update tomorrow on the Lillie Mae sale.  Ditto on what Crunchie said.

Hola Crunch.

Frank, I'm really sorry to hear the acupuncture was not a success.  Please try to stay positive, happy and productive.  I know easy for me to say but I will continue to send prayers of healing for you.  Hugs.

No, no and no.  Snow expected out west.  Glad I got my snow pants ordered and my new snow thrower.  Have a beautiful evening everyone and take time to count your blessings and hug those you love.  MB

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/27 19:38:36 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Cindy,  I have no idea how Mitch managed to get out.
But I just found out from telephone company repairman this afternoon that reason we didn't have a phone or internet service
was that someone intentionally cut the cable to the whole neighborhood.  Right near Mitch's place.  
Someone with a cell phone must have called in the fire dept.  So I guess Mitch is telling the truth about the firebombing.   
Still, more than a little p.o.'d that whoever he p*ssed off could have harmed us all.  If not for the rain.

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/28 05:27:18 (permalink)
Buenas Dias Amigos, hoy es Sabado.

PJ, you are an amazing woman!!!

We are going to use up leftovers this morning for our breakfast, then finish packing. Spending tonight in a hotel near MSP airport, then finally home tomorrow.

Thanks for all of the nice comments on the photos!

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/28 05:46:26 (permalink)
Good Morning
Quite a bit of rain last night, even thunder and lightning, but no wind, thankfully. Supposed to be sunny today, then more storms Sunday. Then they say we go back to summer and hot and humid.

I'd be more than p.o.ed, Pam. Assuming Mitch knows who did it, and they lock the guy up. Attempted murder, property damage, public safety...seems like there is more than enough to put him away for a while. ( I did chuckle a bit when you said you'd shoot him yourself..."Pistol Packing Pam"! Now THERE'S a headline!)

Chris has plans to harvest the rest of the tomatoes today for the freezer. With hot weather returning, I think he can maybe still be selective on what he picks. There is nothing better than fresh garden tomatoes, and I'd like to extend the season as long as possible. MB, I saw that news on the pending snowstorm out west...Up to 50" in parts of Montana! I think (HOPE!) that system will fizzle before it gets to the upper Midwest. Just so not ready for winter. (although I have begun getting some of the more autumn appropriate clothes out of the spare closet, and putting the bare-shoulder shirts away.) Haven't heard of any frost threats here, yet.  

That's all I've got and my coffee cup is empty. Have a wonderful day, all!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/28 05:52:08 (permalink)
Badger, you snuck in on me. Safe travels home!

Video
Pix
YouTube

janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/28 06:39:00 (permalink)
Morning!

So much for sleeping in. Woody woke me at 6:00-  15 minutes later than I usually get up during the week.

Cindy  I've always loved zinnias  I don't know why I don't plant them.  When I was a kid, my Mom always bought be a pack of seeds and I planted them around the garden.  I thought I had a green thumb in my 10 year old mind. 
We planted 2 tomatoes.  Every single time we'd get a tomato, those darn squirrels would snatch it.  Mr JJ gets so irritated about the squirrels, but I just remind him, they are much better than skunks.  

Rained overnight and will continue today.  I think they said we could get 4 inches.  rain is better than snow. 

PJ  Wow!  sounds like something out of the Ozark series.  Glad no one was hurt.  

MB  It's been a long time since I've had a puppy- 2003.  She is doing pretty good on house training.  So far, she only chews on her toys.  And she sleeps all night in her kennel.  Not bad for 15 weeks old.

Safe travels, Badger. 

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/28 07:38:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

It will be a nice sunny day along the coast. Current temp 76F at 7:58 and the high will be 85 degrees.

Yesterday I said goodbye to the Lillie Mae. Then I invited Chet to join me for lunch at Fibber's. I ate the Chef's salad and Chet got the chicken fingers. Couple of beers later we went back to our homes. Chet was going to cut his grass but it was too hot. I filled the bird feeders, gave the bird bath fresh water and then took a nap.

Woke up on time this AM and got the coffee going. Turned on the TV to watch news but no bueno. It went out last night during a power interruption and some how it was 'locked' and wanted a password to resume viewing.  I don't remember using a password to watch TV in the past. Called the cable tech folks; guy on the phone said to enter "0000" as the default password.  That worked to get the news channel but now I have to unlock every time I change channels. What the heck ?? I'll call the cable company back after I finish my coffee. That's all I have planned today.

Safe travel home, Badger and Babs.

What a mess, PJ. Hope nothing else happens around your home.

Cindy, enjoy the last of your fresh tomatoes. Won't be too long before the cold settles in up there.

jj, does Woody get along with the new puppy ?

Working on last cup of coffee and being lazy.
I'll see y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/28 10:08:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Cindy, beautiful fall wreath!  Congrats to Chris and yourself on your weight loss.  That is fabulous!

PJ, scary people are everywhere but particularly living in rural areas.  Everywhere I lived that was rural had a similar trailer or two nearby with the same kind of folks living in them.  Some are just poor and unfortunate but many are there for reasons we don't want to know about.  There was a old fellow living in a old funky trailer a few miles from us at the lake.  It was at a crossroad that we had to drive everyday.  He had critters he cared for and they seemed fed and attended but you never saw anyone else there and he had no car.  He walked to the nearest store most days.  I felt sorry for him and picked him up a couple times.  He was always friendly and thankful.  I learned that he had killed "the town's adult bully" in a bar fight years back.  Although the bar was full of people strangely NO ONE saw anything and there was NO witnesses.  The town was glad to be rid of the bully so NO ONE spoke up but they also ostracized the guy who killed him once he went free.  I was told that folks were thankful so some were known to drop off food and supplies at times.  Jay and I took bags of food at Holidays.  Strange things go on in those kinds of small rural towns.  Of course a meth house can be in the nicest of neighborhoods and are!

Hoping B and B have safe travel and don't have nasty weather upon arrival.

Well the Almanac was mostly correct about this big snow in the upper central/northwest states and rockies.  I hated to see that on TWC. 

Yesterday was stunning.  My Dr appointment was postponed till Tuesday for several reasons.
I rolled up the solar cover and spent time in the pool.  Ann and I had tenatively planned to go out for dinner (as much as she can plan anything.   That woman cannot commit!)  I got a call from Angela saying that she and Ann were meeting at Chili's at 4pm and did I want to join them...Oh OK...??  I didn't really want to go to Chili's and sit inside on such a beautiful day (particularly when these days are fleeting) but I hated to say NO.  An hour later I got a text from Ann saying she had to go to the Truck dealership for an emergency brake job... (LOL dealers do not care about your emergency when you have ignored the problem for months.  Chris told her a few months ago that he could hear her brakes and she needed to get them done but she has continued to drive it everywhere including out of town trips)  Then another text saying she was stuck there waiting.  I offered to go get her.  Next text was that her truck was screwed (the dealer didn't deem it an emergency on their part and she had to leave the truck because it was unsafe to drive...DUH!)  and her son was bringing the car and she had to take him back home, so she wouldn't be at Chili's until at least 5.  I alerted Angela as Angela is pretty prickly about being on time.  I tried to talk her into going somewhere with a patio but she complained that it was too hot...88 with a good breeze and little humidity...  UH OK.  I went for awhile but I didn't want to eat bar food and be inside so I left after 1.5 hours of chips, cheese dip and bar life.  I went for a drive in the countryside with burning ears.  OH well!

It was supposed to be nice again today with the rain staying way north of us.  NOPE, I woke to thunder and rain.  

My girl is better and I'm hoping just a seat belt bruise.  I've been soaking in the hot tub.  Mammogram is being scheduled because I'm due for one anyway.

So much for my morning rant.

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend.

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/28 10:36:08 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Beautiful outside.  Temps climbing back up into the 90s again.  
From posting I was seeing on FB last night.  Looks like central Illinois had a phenomenal amount of rain yesterday.
Parking lots turned into swimming pools.  Wow!  

Badger,  wishing you and Babs safe travels home today.   

Cindy,  LOL on Pistol Packing Pam headline.  The only gun I could lay my hands on quickly would be a BB gun. 
Took Chris's lead and made two quiches last night.  One spinach and one with ham.  Yum!

jj,  Lola is adorable.  Bet she brings you lots of love and laughs as well.  
Yesterday I caught a turtle raiding my cherry tomatoes on the back deck.  He was really enjoying them.
So I let him munch away.  Totally agree raiding squirrels are much better than skunks. 

Bernie,  good luck fussing with the TV and cable pins.  I think SJ enjoys cussing at his TV set up with Roku downstairs.
We dumped DirectTV and now have three TVs in the house.  Each one of them setup on a different system.
Roku, Chromecast and Amazon Fire.   I like the Amazon Fire best.  The bad part with all of them... no internet.  No TV. 

Yes, this county I live in could be a top-rated red neck TV show.  
Though Mitch is not from a red-neck family.  His dad was a veteran, school teacher, on the board of education and
county commissioner for years.  They own 100s of acres of land and many rental properties around here. 
One of those 100-year farm families.  All in a trust.  Mitch himself was an all-star basketball player. 
Had a full scholarship to Vanderbilt University.  Then he got drunk celebrating HS graduation
and wrapped his vehicle around a tree.  Spent a year in Vanderbilt Hospital after that. 
His story has gone downhill ever since.   His dad tries to keep him reined in.  Don't always work.
One day Mitch came into the restaurant when I was working.  He was supposed to do dishes and help me out.
But I could hardly ever get him to do it.  He would want his breakfast made.  I would blackmail him into doing a 
load of dishes.  While I made his breakfast.  On that morning he was in a lot of trouble.  Got arrested for DUI in
the county across the river.  Where his dad had no influence.  His dad had chewed his arse up one side and down
the other.  I knew all this.   Anyway, Mitch wanted sympathy from me.   Said, he was only 21 yrs old and no good
drunk.  Daddy chewed me out.  I looked at him and said.  You can change your ways or you can be a good looking
corpse laying in that box.  Hopefully, you won't take anyone else's life with you when you go.  He left!
Then the next day he came back.  Told me I really hurt his feelings.  But that I had made him think.
He quit drinking for a long time after that.  Still had to serve 30 days in jail.  Didn't have a car a for a long time.
Last time I saw him at the gas station.  He looked bad.  He was begging the clerk to let him charge beer to
his dad's account.  They wouldn't do it.  Had some skanky looking woman with him.
I could tell he was right back at his old habits.  Made me sad.  For him and his family.      

Page: << < ..10211022102310241025.. > >> Showing page 1021 of 1043
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5