AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..10161017101810191020.. > >> Showing page 1019 of 1031
Author
janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/22 09:06:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good for you Badger!
Enjoy

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/22 10:03:29 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Lovely here.  Cool and breezy.  The high temp this afternoon will be 89F. 
Had another glimpse of a doe with her baby that has been coming around lately.
Baby is so cute!  Still has some freckles.  One morning this week I was on back deck picking tomatoes
and watering plants.  I tend to whistle different tunes as I work.  Looked up and the baby deer was standing
in the driveway just watching and listening.  Then the mom came out of woods and both of them just stood
and listened.  Seemed partial to the song Some Enchanted Evening.  When I finished whistling they just
moseyed on off up the back driveway.  Was a magical few minutes.  What I love most about living in these woods. 

Badger,  Good for you!  Salt air and beach time will do wonders for your cold.  Hugs to Babs for making you do it!

Bernie,  wonderful beach walk pics.  Glad Chet went with you.  

SoSo, belated Happy Birthday wishes here on the BC.  Hope it was a gooder.

Cindy, so happy Chris took you to see the movie.  Hoping SC will come home next weekend
and we can go together.  Because I know SJ will not.  

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/22 11:13:00 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Thanks for the well wishes, much appreciated!

We love this place that we are staying at, a king size bed, large shower, AC and very close to the square. It has a large courtyard that is shared with the other two units here, but no other guests are staying here right now.

And we love this large open air kitchen that is for our use only. It has a roof over it, but is open to the courtyard.

Bernie, I think you need one of these chairs for your beach walks, they are included here for our use and have carrying straps for your back. Also, cup holders, and on the back, one "dry" pouch near the top and a cooler near the bottom.

For breakfast this morning we went to El Nicho and I had this huge omelet filled with spinach, mushrooms and goat cheese.

And Babs enjoyed eggs with spinach & mushrooms.

post edited by Badger - 2019/09/22 11:42:07

Wag more....bark less.
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/22 13:37:53 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Just winding down from a Prime Time Ski Club Weekend in Bethel Maine. Our ski club gets together this weekend every year to go over electing officers, setting a budget, elect officers, all that legal mumbo jumbo that you just have to get done. I have been re-elected as president of vice, or something like that!

For the weekend, we started Thursday with a hike up Table Rock, one of my favorites:

Then we followed that up with a trip down the river, fishing along the way, of course. We had 20 people for that trip, 3 fishing, including me. We each caught a single bass and tossed it back. 

Then, yesterday, we hiked a newly acquired parcel of land at the local Land Trust and hiked up to take a look from the trails that are a work in progress, being a new acquisition. 

While that is quite the nice view (I can't seem to get a picture these days without some haze, due to the fires out west of us), I prefer to find a way up to the rock overhang behind this tree:

Right now, it will take cutting a trail up there, as there is not currently a trail up there. There are some old logging trails up in that general direction, but they have filled in with raspberries. 

Several of our members opted for an easier hike (we are the over 55 crowd), and as they were walking along the shore trail next to a river, they disturbed a yellow jacket nest and several of them got stung up pretty bad. No life threatening issues, but some got stung enough that it is uncomfortable sleeping. 

We followed up the day with a lobster bake at one of the member's homes. Clam chowder, corn on the cob, lobster, salads... It was a good time!

Today, we wrapped it this morning with the legally required meeting. Now I am watching the Pats game. 

Have a great day all!

Lovin life,
Bob

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29469
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/22 15:48:03 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good for you Badger. Your wife is a smart lady!
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/22 16:21:41 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Afternoon all

Congrats to the Packers.  KC game was great.

Badger, good for you and Babs!  I think I know that place.  Is that where I woke you from a nap one time?    I'm jealous.  I'm suffering terribly from allergies right now and thought about escaping.  

Hopefully the rain will wash the air and I'll be able to breathe again. I've been feeling very crappy.   My eyes itch.  I'm sneezing a lot. I lose my voice.  Not Fun!   We didn't get the early rains as expected but it's supposed to move in again tonight.  The 10 day forecast shows temps at or near 90 again.  I'll take it and suffer the allergies.  
I'm also back on the ibuprofen regimen again since the car incident.  Having to take them on a regular basis or I hurt pretty bad.  Combined with the allergies, just no fun at all.

I got out yesterday to Fassnight Farm.  I bought a grouping of different pumpkins and gourds for the front porch area.  They had pumpkins in all varieties and colors including pastel!  I used a couple of upside down pots to stagger the produce in a tower and mixed in some fancy artificial fall leaves.  Looks inviting.  By the time I got done with the farm purchases and my pumpkin tower made, I was totally clogged up and had to spend the rest of the day in the A/C.  I cannot have the house open even with the cooler temps!  Flonase doesn't seem to be enough to combat the symptoms.

I had enough energy to put a pot roast in the oven and set out frozen rolls to rise, just as the game started.  Pot roast, veggies, rolls and gravy in a while.  

Hoping your Sunday is grand!
Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2447
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/22 18:16:35 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Badger, sneaky you!  Happy for you, you work too hard!  Hi to Babs!
Twirley, I'd love to see photos of your front yard décor, please!
Bobski, that photo of you sitting on the edge, gave me heartfailure!
MB, glad we got things figured out.  Looking forward to spending some time with you!
Hope everyone's had a great weekend!
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/22 18:59:26 (permalink)
Gem
Bobski, that photo of you sitting on the edge, gave me heartfailure!

Okay, how about this one? That's my buddy out there, I was out there a little bit earlier:

That picture doesn't do it justice, so we need a different angle 

Yeah, I was a lot younger and dumber then!

Lovin life,
Bob

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/22 19:11:26 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  62 and cloudy.  Early church at 8:30 and then back home.  Headed up to Kohl's to check out a pool game I had seen earlier....bought that along with some pretty artificial leaves for the interior entry and a pendulum clock for the kitchen.  Back home to do a walk about and filled another 5 gallon pail an hour later with the black walnut tree debris.

Then got going on the dusting around here.  Got a little out of control again with all the other projects going on.  Did a small fall display in lower level on knee wall yesterday.  

Cindy, hope your foot and Chris' knee feel better soon.  The gimpy couple cracked me up.  Can't believe how much the grass has grown since Thursday.....  Never watched the series, but a lot of folks raved about it.

Badger, good for you y Babs.  That place looks lovely.  What a palace with that outdoor cooking and court yard. Loving the food pics already.  Give my best to the staff at El Pesquero.  My favorite for sure and have a marg for me.   Feel better soon. 

Hey Twirls.  Tuned in to the KC game after the Vikings win.  Pretty exciting those last two minutes.  Enjoy that pot roast and sides.  Hope you feel better soon girl.

Bernie, hopefully the interested party works out for you.  Happy you got out to the beach with Chet.  So nice to have great neighbors you can hang with and help each other out.  

Gem....getting excited.  Can't wait to meet up.  Bought a pool floatie game to bring down to YKC pool.  Couldn't resist the price today at Kohl's.  Some fun to leave behind.

PJ, you bring a smile to my face.  Something about girl time is a wonderful and happy moment.  Sorry guys.

Edit:  Bob...you cra,cra.  Not for me.  Loved most of your posted pics.

Signing off.  Have a beautiful evening all.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/09/22 19:17:14

barata
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 4426
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/22 21:53:41 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Hiho clubbers! Checking in to say I'm envious of Babs and Badge. Almost like November here aside from a couple of hours a day, but still golfing and harvesting tomatoes and no frost yet.
Really sad for Brits travelling with Thomas Cook, all flights and packages cancelled .
After decades our appliances are all breaking down - new fridge, new sink, new faucets, new stove...at least purchases are adding to our airline points and the new stove is beyond amazing (never thought when I was 20 that a new stove could be so satisfying)
Nice to keep up with everyone’s projects and events.
A younger friend suffered a stroke - do what you want while you still can, appreciate those close to you.
Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/22 22:54:39 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Has anyone here been following the Thomas Cook events that are happening in Europe? That’s just crazy, those poor people that have planned “vacations of a lifetime”. Apparently this will have a huge effect on Mexico tourism~
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/23 05:06:04 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Had to go look-see about Thomas Cook. Just awful.

Nice to see you here, Renee! Sorry about your appliance issues, but glad you're enjoying the new stove. Amazing how much more $$$ all that stuff is, though, huh? Hugs to you on your friend. He/she doing OK? Hope they got to the hospital quickly.

Rained almost all day yesterday. Getting tired of wiping off wet dogs! Supposed to be nice today; sunny and 70. Chris is up and moving and says his knee feels a bit better today. I have an early Dr. appt (8:30), so I need to get moving, too.
Happy for you guys, P&B. How long you staying?
Have a wonderful day
Cindy 

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/23 06:33:15 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Neat looking place Badger. Enjoy.

You are absolutely right Barata. I am learning that more and more.

Almost floatie time MB. How neat that you will meet up with G&T.

Bobski - crazy man! Looks like a wonderful weekend though. So pretty.

Still 90's and 70's here for the 10 day forecast. On track for the hottest September ever.

JJ is still working too. Ironically, Tomas got a jury summons on Friday........................

That Thomas Cook thing is terrible. Sounds like the british government is working hard to get people home. Some resort in Tunisia told their guests they couldn't leave because TC owed them money. What a mess.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/23 06:55:54 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Report from Freddie that the screened porch is nice and cool : 64F at 7:20 with a beach high of 81.

Heard from my potential boat buyer that he and his wife can't get down to see the Lillie Mae until Thursday or Friday. No biggie. I decided to make a Costco run and took the boat back to the storage facility after I got home.

Today I need to make a few phone calls and pay some bills. That's about it.

Thank you for the pictures, Badger. Oh, don't bother buying that chair for me but I appreciate the thought. hee,hee.  Have a good time.

Bob, you were crazy back in the day !  Nice pictures. Thanks.

MB, no big deal on the potential buyer. Since I waited so late in the season, I really didn't expect much interest on the boat.

Hi barata. What a way to earn airline points !  The fridge & stove alone are big points. Ha. Good to see you again on the B.C.

Crunch, nice score on your Dallas game yesterday.

Hi Gem. Hi Cindy.

That's "aboot" all I got this morning.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/23 09:27:29 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Morning all

Hi barata!  Yep, remodeling and particularly buying appliances can rack up the miles.  Strange as we age that our appreciation of things change.  New appliances are wonderful!  I HAVE to have gas for top of the stove cooking while I prefer electric for the oven.

BOB, JUST SAY NO!  I could barely look.

GEM, I'll text you a few a will try to get some newer pics posted on FB.  I hope you all enjoy your upcoming trip.  Not long now.  
Fun that you will be meeting up with MB!  I understand you may go to La Palapa for an evening.  make sure you have plan A and B for a cab ride home if it's after 9pm.  I got stuck there one night when I stayed until 10ish.  The cab ride I had prearranged failed to answer his phone when I called.  The local cabs had all shut down for the night.  Poor Carlos was kind enough to drive me back to Akumal.  I was very thankful.

Cindy, hope your weather cooperates for yard work.  

We finally got a good rain about 2AM. It poured and was loud enough to wake me although I wasn't sleeping well due to back issue.  Hope it washed the ragweed from the air.  

I have nothing on my agenda for today so I guess I'll do some light housework.  Chris usually does the vacuuming.  Hopefully my housekeeper will get here for the rest of the stuff.  My hands are so bad at griping things that I break a lot of stuff these days.  I've broken all of my glass snack containers.  I used to fill them with goldfish crackers or nuts to set on my side table for handy snacking.   No more breakable containers will be bought for this house.  

Badger, Have plenty of fun for me!  How's the weather?

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/23 09:41:48 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!  

Elphie was in the mood for posing.  All lovey-dovey this morning.  

Cloudy sky and potential for rain.  Bring it on!  So dry here.  A high temp of 84F this afternoon.
Started tossing burned up flowers and tomato plants off the back deck.   
Just have a few cherry tomatoes left on the vine. The jalapeno plants are producing great.   
Very happy with how the back deck worked out for growing veggies.  Will put in more boxes next spring.
Finished the laundry and some ironing yesterday.  Today is grocery shopping and errand running.

Hi Barata,  Congrats on the new appliances.  Can see that happening here in the next couple of years. 

Twirls,  sure hope the aches and pains from the wreck pass quickly.  You sure didn't need any added pain in
your life.   The pot roast sounds yummy.  

Badger,  hope you nipped that cold in the bud.  Able to enjoy your time in paradise. 

Bernie,  You are so calm.   I find selling cars, boats, and houses a PITA.  
Jeez just trying to give away a TV turned into a two-day saga.  

MB,  pool game sounds like fun.  We'll need a pic, please.  

Uphill,  great pics from your ski club weekend.  There was a time I would have stood on that overlook.
But those days are long gone.  LOL  

post edited by PJamigo - 2019/09/23 19:37:07

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/23 10:49:54 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Buenas Dias Mis Amigos, hoy es Lunes.

Cindy, we are only staying for a week, I found out last week that one of the jobs I had lined up for this fall will not happen until next spring as the people are having money problems, so I can fit in one week away.

Twirls, yes, we are in that same place, it's a great location so that Babs doesn't have to walk too far for anything. Weather has been very nice, a brief shower after we arrived Saturday, but a little hotter than I prefer. Town is very quiet, almost no other tourists here.

Bernie, I'm glad I don't have to buy you one of those chairs, I looked online and they are almost $200!

Barata, thanks for stopping in.

Frank, thanks to your Cards for helping the Brewers get back in the playoff race!

MB, I had a marg for you last night ( or maybe 5 ).

Pj, cold is still hanging on, but getting better every day, really trying to just relax and not do much except eat, drink, read, rest, repeat.
Oh, and everything that I've read and heard suggests that only small, 300 passenger cruise ships can get in to the dock here, so it shouldn't change this place much.

New since we were last here, Posada Amor, a hotel and bar (very cheap) where we have stayed several times is permanently closed. 
Sargassum is still coming in, but much less than last spring.

And a new place has now opened in the former Cancun Billy's spot.

We had dinner last night at EL Pesquero, I had the arrachera steak

Babs had the tuna tostada

We were hungry early this morning and one of the few places open at 7 was the Chedraui, prices were good, but our omelets were just OK.

We're heading to La Colonia this evening to take our friend Willy and his family out to dinner, will try to remember to take photos.

post edited by Badger - 2019/09/23 11:09:02

Wag more....bark less.
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/23 12:51:02 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Sounds nice and relaxing Badger. 

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3796
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/23 18:21:25 (permalink)
+2 (2)
So glad Babs was able to convince you,to get over your cold in PoMo and gladder the cure is working Paul. The place looks really nice where you are staying.

Bob, just NO! Glad you enjoy it though. Developed a mild phobia for heights later in life.

MB, you have a beautiful home and really big yard, love the pictures. Hope you have a wonderful trip next month and great you can meet up with Gem. Post a pic or two if you have time?

Nice picture of Elphie, PJ. Has SJ started therapy for his hand yet? I am doing physio for my legs, courtesy of my health insurance, 3 sessions last week and 2 this week. Think they pay for either 6 or 8 sessions not counting periodic evaluations.

janjon good to hear from you, what type of dog is your new critter? I think you mentioned it but I forgot.

Good luck with selling the Lillie Mae, Bernie. Kind of a bittersweet sensation I imagine.

Enjoy your new stove, barata.

Weather is going to be hot again starting tomorrow, in the 80s. Will be very nice. I have put some weight back on, but getting my strength back is a very slow process, sorry to say. I did lose a lot of blood. Just have to keep working at it, may extend the Meals on Wheels for another two weeks.

Where is SoSo? Taking a break from LG?

Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/23 18:29:41 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Bernie, I'm sure your boat will sell, it looks like the perfect size.  I get that it's probably not the best time to put it on the market though.  
Twirley, I've had your pot roast.  That sounds so yummy right now!
PJ, beautiful kitty!
Badger, food looks good.  Are you in a condo or a hotel?  It looks like a great place, is it a secret?

What a nightmare for all those Europeans that have booked Thomas Cook.  Looks like we may not have a full resort come October, as there are so many on the ABBWR friends group FB page that aren't going to be there now.  They say they may not ever get their refunds and if they do, so many of them won't be able to rebook until they receive them, as they save forever to take these holidays. I do feel bad for them... there's a few couples that were to take their honeymoons there in the next few weeks.  Lele even put out an announcement stating that it was all beyond their control and the guests need to take it up with their travel agents,  as the resort is losing out as well. Sad situation for sure.

Made a wreath for Baylee today.  I watched Kasen while she took Kolsen to the dr for an ear infection.  Definitely harder to watch great grand babes than it was to just watch grand babes (plus I was 20 years younger back then!)
post edited by Gem - 2019/09/23 23:30:08
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/23 19:08:50 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  72 and sunny now.  Another beautiful official fall day.  Up to Home Depot for a couple of items and looked at the Toro electric start lawnmower while there. I really did want to see the machine and how it works.  Got the royal treatment with how easy to work.  Guy was super nice and I thanked him and asked if he would price match the local small hardware store.  Nada.   Headed to Ace hardware, that I purchased the Toro snow thrower, and ordered that up. Probably be delivered in a couple of weeks.  Another yard walk about and watering outdoor flowers.  Cleaned all the floors as well as bathrooms.  Was a good day.

Holly, thanks for the taxi tips from Chemuyil.  Hope I can stop by Leo's and tell my friend and his wife Addy that Paul passed.  Perhaps they have heard over the years, but I don't know that for sure.  We had a great friendship over the years and he was one of the original servers at Gary's, Casa Cenote.  Some of you old timers will remember.  

Gem. thanks for setting up the plan.  Edit:  Love the wreath.  You are very artistic.   

Cindy, I wouldn't like to wipe down wet doggies either.  Ugh.  

Bernie, Freddie is being very kind as of late.  You'll have no problem selling that boat. Mint condition with low hours.  Hope you are 100% very soon.  

Hola, Barata.  Sounds like all is well with you and John.  Hugs.

Jamie, thanks for checking in chica and for the compliments.  I think you need to keep the MOW's going until you get your strength  and weight back.   You are not really  getting the exercise you need and need more BMI/aka bulk.  You are probably malnutritioned as I was after the pneumonia bout.  I know nothing other than my recent experience, but worry about you.

Kim, glad you didn't get that awful rain.  My heart breaks for those folks in east Houston.  November will be here soon.

PJ, Elphie is so beautiful.  She gives a whole new meaning to Halloween spooky cat eyes.  I have some potted flowers that are not looking so great either.  It's the one thing in fall I don't like...to let go of those plants that still look great.

Yikes, Badger......gracious for the food pics and having a few margs for me.  Thanks for the update on the small cruise ships.  Seems more in line with their forward thinking about restoration.  Hope you had a great evening with Willie and familia.

Time to grab a bite to eat.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/09/23 20:40:18

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/24 05:43:19 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Buenas Dias Gatos Negros, hoy es Martes.

Gem, there are 3 "studio" apartments here, but we are greedy and want them all for ourselves. (Seriously, if you need a place to stay we have lots of reccos) 

Jamie, glad you are doing better and think you should continue MOW.

More pix from yesterday.

We went to Tuch Tlan for lunch and had Salbutes

Total cost for 3 Salbutes and 2 drinks was about $5 U.S.

Dinner was at Las Koras in La Colonia

I had the spicy hot Shrimp Koras, very good!

Willy had a mixed seafood cocktail

Babs loved her Marlin taco, cooked over a wood fire

The other ladies had empanadas, but my photo didn't turn out.

Funny story... we found out that Willy and Lorena do not have a microwave and decided to surprise them by taking them to Chedraui after dinner and buying one for them. I was looking at one of the medium priced ones and asked Lorena if she liked it and she said "Si", so I put it in the cart and got in a very long line at the checkout.  After a long wait and when I was almost to the checkout, Willy came over and apologized profusely and said that Lorena had changed her mind and wanted one in a different color. So, I got out of line and went back to the appliance section and put the microwave back. Lorena then took at least 5 more minutes comparing features and colors of the various microwaves before deciding on...… the one she had originally picked out! Back to wait in even longer lines before Willy spotted a register just being opened, so we scooted over there to complete our purchase. They were very, very happy and we made plans to dine out together again later this week.

One other note, Chedraui no longer uses plastic bags for your groceries, you must bring your own cloth bags.

No big plans for us today other than we might drop off some laundry.

Nos vemos!

post edited by Badger - 2019/09/24 06:16:37

Wag more....bark less.
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/24 06:41:34 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Elphie is beautiful PJ and so is that wreath Gem.

That food porn is also beautiful so gracias Badger. Lorena appreciated that gift so much she wanted to make sure she picked wisely. Awesome. Their kids are awfully cute too. Do they sell bags at the Chedraui if you don't have one Badger?

Bernie - boats are a lot of work and cost aren't they? I hope you are feeling even better this week.

Jamie - keep the MOW a bit. It seems like you could use that service a little longer.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/24 08:32:54 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Another pretty day in store for the coast and 87 degrees for the high. I was just standing on the back porch with Freddie, my coffee cup in one hand and scratching Freddie's head with the other hand. Was absorbed with the sun shinning into the woods and said to myself " life is good ". The current temp is 70F at 8:03

Yesterday had a twist of luck. Went to Fibber's for lunch (of course); had a fantastic Oriental chicken salad and stopped at Lowe's Foods for some milk on the way home. When I got home the phone was flashing with 2 messages from the guy and his wife that they wanted to drive down and test drive the boat if possible. Called them back and said "come on down ! I'll go get the Lillie Mae out of storage and it will be here before you arrive".  We all climbed aboard the boat as it was sitting in front of my house. I started showing them everything from the bow to the stern. Don was asking tons of questions and I could tell that Susan was very impressed with the condition of the boat. She asked how far away is the boat launch ? I answered about 2 blocks and lets go boating !!  I got the boat off the trailer without any problems and told them to tie her up to the dock and I'll go park the truck and trailer. When I got back they were in the boat all excited. I showed them both how to tilt the engine down and start it up. Showed Don how I use the Garmin and explained where to look for the depth. Untie the lines and I'll back her out. After just a few minutes I throttled down into neutral, stood up and asked who was driving next. I think Don almost tripped over me to get into the captains chair. He obviously had handled a boat before and planed the bow right up and asked if it had trim tabs. No tabs, just use the electric tilt to raise prop up a little and pointed out the digital gauge that shows the engine's tilt. Don knew what he was doing. We only went a few miles, just under the causeway for Ocean Isle Beach.
Don drove back to the docking area and we traded places so I could actually dock the Lillie Mae. Smooth as a pancake, I say. Back to the house and they took a potty break before heading home. The last thing Don told me was it's is a very nice boat; he and Susan will talk and call me later. Maybe come down again Thursday ?  Anytime is fine for me. I want to show you how the boat cover fits and how to best drop down the Bimini top to zip up the cover.

Well, next is to play the pricing game. I like them so will see how it goes. I already got offers from two different guys on Craig's List  : "will you take $25K" ?  I don't consider those real offers.

Badger, nice food porn ! Making me hungry. Willy has a nice family and super kind of you to buy them a new microwave. Very good act of kindness, Badger and Babs.

PJ, that Elphie is a cutie !! Thanks for posting her picture.

Crunch, yes, boating costs time and money. The cleaning up after being in salt water is really a "two man" job. I'm feeling better each week and thank you for your words of kindness. You are such a sweetie.

I have been lazy and coffee done 1/2 and hour ago.
Hello to everyone else and hugs.
Bernie
post edited by Beach Bernie - 2019/09/24 08:35:56

Weekend at Bernie's
janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluband 2019/09/24 09:43:27 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Badger- You and Babs have a heart of gold.  

Gem- cute wreath!

Jamie.  Lola is a Lhasa Apso.  She's so stinking cute, but I am having  a time with her trying to leash train her.  She did ok with bits of hotdog to entice her, but Mr JJ had some not so pleasant poo to clean up the next day.   That girl is fine with everything- EXCEPT the leash. Guess I'll have to let her ride it out like a bucking bronco-

Bernie-  Sounds like you may have a buyer.  I don't trust anything on Craigslist.  

Crunch  I'll have to work until I'm 95, then go straight to the nursing home after lunch. 

MB  UGH snowblower.  I hope snow doesn't come until after Christmas and is over by March 1. It seems like we just finished winter.  Spring and Summer went by so fast. 

Time to get back to work!

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
Page: << < ..10161017101810191020.. > >> Showing page 1019 of 1031
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5