AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..10161017101810191020.. > >> Showing page 1017 of 1031
Author
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/17 09:16:48 (permalink)
You may find this interesting:
Aaron Bradeen is feeling concerned.

I feel obligated as a gas technician & retired firefighter, to explain this scene. You are looking at the aftermath of a gas explosion, that occured in Farmington Maine today. There have been many of these type explosions across the world. They all have a couple common denominators in play. As a natural and propane gas technician, I can tell you that I have responded to these "gas odor" calls, with this exact outcome sitting in my mind. The closest I have ever come to this, was as a tech for National Grid in Rhode Island. I approached a building on a natural gas odor call, and could smell it myself within 100ft of the 3 story building in Central Falls, RI. I immediately informed my dispatch of the situation, and requested fire department and our supervisor via radio. We had specific measuring devices for measuring the LEL & UEL of gas to air ratios. 4-14% gas to air was within explosive limits. I cracked the entry door and got 6%, which was 1 floor above the basement (where service pipe entered building). I knew from outside, that there were occupants inside. FREEZE. At that moment, I knew I was reponsible for everything that happened thereafter. All I could do was holler through the stairway/entryway into building. Thankfully, all occupants heard me and evacuated. My instructions were loud and clear... please exit the building and DO NOT TOUCH ANY LIGHT SWITCHES OR UNPLUG ANYTHING. I want to share this, because a lot of people don't realize that the slightest arc inside a light switch, can trigger an explosion with those explosive gas levels. Just unplugging a charger can create that spark. I want everyone to learn from this. PLEASE Share this if you can... I don't know the circumstances with the Farmington call, but I do know a source of ignition triggered the explosion. Knowledge is power my friends. My prayers are with all involved, and may Captain Bell R.I.P. ~Aaron Bradeen~ Former Firefighter & First Responder Gas Technician.

Lovin life,
Bob

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29469
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/17 12:52:57 (permalink)
+1 (1)
LOL Chris!
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/17 16:31:10 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good afternoon.  88 and sunny.  A beautiful day for sure.  Got home from service around 1:30.  Was a beautiful service honoring a man of faith and service to God and his country.  I didn't realized Hank had served in the Navy.  I did not attend the service at Fort Snelling National Cemetery.  Lots of comrades from BC/BS of MN and that was nice to see some oldie goldies.  Tomorrow is my 8-12 window with Geek Squad to finish installation of new Dell all-in-one touch screen, etc.  Last night we, meaning other neighbors and myself, assisted the new folks across the street.  They didn't know how to turn on outside water spigots.  Galen assisted and I chatted with his wife and another neighbor.  Always a good feeling to help out another person.

Cindy, I remember now when you twisted/sprained that ankle couple of years back.  Dang.  When are you guys headed back to Roatan?  

Badger, I get it with the cooler weather when your employment involves outdoor work in this part of the country. That would require a lot of patience for me with rescheduling, etc.  You seem to handle it pretty well and hopefully your clients get it.  

Bosco, hope you and Connie have a fun trip hiking.  Sounds nice.  Hoping you share some pics with us.

Twirls, you are so right on.  If we all quit posting, this forum is basically el muerto.  Things have really changed since I joined a few years back.  

Bob, nice garden goodies.  Isn't it great to share with others?  My bro y SIL just gave me a huge bag of garden goods on Sunday along with my niece.  So good.  Edit:  Oh dear and my prayers to that fire fighter and those injured.  I had a gas stove blow up in my face in my early '20s.  Cannot believe the force of that small explosion to this day and has been my nemesis to this day.  The before and after says it all sadly.

Hola Bernie.  

PJ, that's some real heat you've been having.  Record temps for you.

BeachBilly, did you muster up the courage for your vaccines?

Crunchie, holy smokes.  Looks like Houston is going to get slammed again.  My brother Phil and his wife, Holly, have PTSD since Hurricane Harvey.  We talked about it at Sunday brunch.  She breaks downs when there are rain storm/lightening events here now in MN.  He struggles as well with those awful memories.  

Edit:  Jamie I am so happy about the great meal deliveries.  Hugs, Cathy.

I'm just babbling on. Hope everyone has a beautiful evening.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/09/17 18:35:29

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3796
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/17 17:20:06 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Those are some nice looking tomatoes, Bob and thanks for the heads up about gas leaks. Good info for anyone to have.

Been lucky I guess, no recent funerals of anyone I know, and the few I have been to are mostly memorial services since so many go in for cremation now (including me when my time comes).

Bernie, how did it go with jury duty? Did you vote to hang the dude?

Started my Meals on Wheels yesterday, so far so good. You get two meals per day, M-F, a hot meal and what they call a "sack lunch". Yesterday was rollup sandwiches with 3 bean salad and peaches and spaghetti with garlic bread and veggies for dinner, today is a ham sandwich with a salad and dessert ( will have for dinner) and for lunch I had the hot meal which was a taco bowl with really good black beans and a rice mixture. Taco bowl was delicious.

Badger hope the rain lets up for you a bit although it sounds like you have things covered with some inside jobs also lined up.

Cindy, so sorry to hear about the problems with your ankle.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/17 20:44:38 (permalink)
0 (2)
Unfortunately, I have more rear end problems...X 2!  Myself and the Camaro.  I joined GEM'S club today.  I got rear ended!  I was at a dead stop as there was a lane closure ahead.  My lane was stopped to allow traffic to flow into our lane.  It was just past a busy intersection.  I glanced in the rear view mirror just in time to see a car approaching TOO FAST!  Then WHAM!  I had stiffened and braced with 1 arm on the wheel and my foot on the brake.  Naturally I heard SNAP, CRACKLE and POP!  I was literally stunned and dizzy.  No one was travelling very fast in the traffic but she blurted out that she had just sped up to pass the light, which was changing.  This happened about 20-30' from the light.  Fortunately, It's not bad but I spent the afternoon getting checked over.  It happened right in front of my network hospital.  She was OK.  I am hurting particularly my neck, shoulder and hips.  I know I'll be stiff and sore for a few days but nothing broken.  

I'm tired and ready for bed.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/18 05:35:59 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Eh, I get around OK for an old lady. I only mentioned getting a cane because there are some bad barometer days when it really hurts and swells. I just don't think I could do 40 minutes straight walking. But then, the beach is softer walking...Costco and Walmart not so much. But thanks for the concern. Most likely it is my own fault for being somewhat of a tomboy as a child. It probably wasn't the best idea to use the 12' high concrete cow yard wall as a balance beam. A 12' foot landing when I lost my balance probably accounted for several of the sprains, ya think?
Jamie, glad you are liking the meal delivery. Sounds like a nice variety, so far.
Holly, sorry to hear about the Camaro. It can be fixed...now you; you get to your chiropractor and/or masseuse. Soon and often. Feel better, my friend.

Temps crept up to 78 here yesterday, would have been OK, but the humidity was still so high. Took a hydration break from garden work and as I was filling my glass in the kitchen, I felt something moving in my hair...leaned over the sink and kinda scrubbed through the hair with my hands...fricking Japanese beetle fell into the sink. Shudder. I hate those things! Today I need to get back to the mowing...at least the movement should keep the pests away!

Everyone have a wonderful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/18 05:36:38 (permalink)
Oh my Twirley..... Healing thoughts coming your way.

Lovin life,
Bob

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/18 05:49:19 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Rear Ends, it's Hump Day.

Twirls, enough about you, how is the Camaro?!?
(Just kidding, of course, hope you heal real soon, gentle hugs!)

I've already spent 2 hours in my shop today, now I'm running late, try to catch up tomorrow.

Wag more....bark less.
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/18 06:36:08 (permalink)
+1 (1)
So glad you are ok albeit sore Twirley. Yikes. Hopefully she has good insurance.

That is so hard for your brother and SIL MB. Hopefully with time it will get better. Houston is very vulnerable unfortunately. Bad planning and now people really suffer.

That gas explosion stuff is so scary. How terrible that there was loss of life. I am even scared to operate a gas range.

Really glad those meals are working out Jamie. I would love to do deliveries for MOW when I retire some day.

Badger, you must have slept in
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/18 07:45:55 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Should be a nice sunny day today. Temperatures starting to come down a little as we get closer to Fall. Currently it's 68F at 7:14 with a high of 80 degrees. Highs for the next 5 days in the low 80's.

No more jury duty !!  Jamie, I was never selected. I watched anxiously each time the Sheriff came into our jury waiting room to call out a name or two. We were down to 40 people from the original 75 or so folks that showed up to serve for jury service. We learned that the prosecuting attorney was the top guy for Brunswick County. It was a long day for everyone, although we were given a 2 hour lunch break. Details of the actual case were kept very hush hush and we no longer had any contact or communication as to what was happening inside the court room. I wasn't to worried about how I would be effected if chosen to sit in the jury box but I felt sorry for those that had jobs and/or families and would have to hear the case for 2 weeks.  Must be a pretty important deal. I'll have to look for any news about it as time goes by.

Anyway, at about 4:30 the remaining group was called into the court room and thanked for our service by the judge and released for any jury duty. Yes ! I glanced over at the 14 folks in the jury box ( 12 people that would decide the verdict and 2 alternates ). They all had this look of "oh woe is me". I was glad to be on the way home.

Today is drop off my recycle items on the way to lunch. After lunch I will do some grocery shopping. After putting groceries away at the house,  I'll decide if I want to go get the boat; if I feel like messing with it I will give the boat a light cleaning and take some pictures.

Hi Bob. Tragic story about that gas explosion.

Holly, sorry about your accident and hope your injuries are not too bad or long-term. 

Cindy, Japanese beetle, YUK. To think we kids used to play with them when growing up. They can be quite destructive eating the foliage of trees, bushes, garden plants, etc.

Hi Badger. Be safe up there on roof jobs any any job for that matter. NO FALLS !!

Crunchie, retire ?  You be too young, Girl ! hee,hee.

Howdy MB. I can't imagine how your Brother and his wife feel when they see all that rain in Texas. Thankful that they are no longer down there but bad memories from their ordeal. Maybe take them out to dinner or a fun sports place to watch some football games, have a bite to eat and some 'brewskies' ?

Being lazy this morning. No hurries sipping my coffee.
See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6877
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/18 08:08:35 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hola Clubbers

Twirls...Sorry. Glad you got checked out.

Uphill...My parent's had a gas leak last week. Mom smelled gas and called the gas company. They and the fire department responded and detected gas in every room of their house! They made my parents leave and shut off the gas until it was repaired by a plumbing service. Took hours and cost my parents $$$. Leaks around joints or something like that. I hate to think what could have happened. I wouldn't have natural gas if you paid me. Scares me to death.

MB...I will get the shingles vaccine, but need to wait a bit longer.

For those that have asked, I don't think any of my kitties will be coming back. The coyotes jolted me out of bed the other morning about 0400. Yipping and carrying on. I've been able to get all but one cat inside in the evening. And they all hate every minute of it. I leave all the outside lights on and have been leaving a radio on outside too at night. I sure miss the ones that are gone. Pretty depressing

Need to get going. Have a great day everyone

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/18 08:30:37 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Up early again.  Stumbling around doing morning chores.  
Ended up not going to the concert last night.  Had a bad headache and no energy to face the
two-hour round trip drive.  Called SJ and begged off.  He didn't much feel like going either.

Twirls, glad you are ok.  Take care.  

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/18 10:31:37 (permalink)
0 (2)
Morning all
This morning I don't feel so OK.  I actually feel like crying.  My sciatic nerve is on fire. My neck isn't much better.  I think of all the work i did to not feel like this...  I hope its a passing thing from the jolt.  I'm going to try to get in the pool and do my exercises and hope this passes soon.  
Her Insurance guy called me yesterday as I was driving from the hospital.  I was on bluetooth calling but I didn't want to talk to him in 5 PM traffic in town so I asked him to call today BUT NOT BEFORE 9 AM.  MAMAFEATHER!  That F'in guy call at 8:12 AM!  Waking me from a painful but drug induced sleep!  Whatever that was that they shot in my arm for pain made me ravenously hungry and very perky last night but I slept hard and was having a hard time being comfortable.  needless to say, I didn't answer the phone.  
The Camaro doesn't look bad except for the black plastic bumper is smashed and has a hole in it.  Whatever other damage is underneath that.  Since it seems to drive ok I'll get to it later.  This is the time of year I really enjoy driving it.  Just last week I had 2 people stop to tell me what a beautiful car it is.  I have kept it as pristine as possible and it's over 5 years old with only 28,000 miles.  Uffda happens!  I'm just happy the airbags didn't deploy.

PJ, sorry you didn't get to go.  Sometimes we just aren't up to having as much fun as when we were younger!  My mind might be willing but the body isn't.  

Cindy, I think the same about the abuse I did to my body when younger.  I had a couple of rough falls when waterskiing that I'm sure contributed to my spin situation now.  However the worst damage was from a car wreck when I was 14 and a passenger.  I didn't know how damaging it can be and a friend was driving so I pretended I was fine.  

BB, so sorry about your kitties.  I used to get so worried about my cats when we lived rural.  Another plus for living in town.  I keep telling myself that it's great because I know I can't live alone and live rural now.

Jamie, I'm glad you are enjoying the tasty meals.  Now gain some weight back.  

You all enjoy your day.  Summer weather is coming to a halt soon.
Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2447
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/18 12:56:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Uffda!!!on the rear end, Twirley.  Not only is it truly a "pain in the butt" physically, but just the headache of dealing with the estimates and insurance companies, ugh!  Hopefully, every step forward you've taken with your pain issues now won't go in reverse.  Keep on top of things, as I'm sure you will.  
Jamie, your Meals on Wheels sound yummy.  Such a great service and nice to meet new people too.  So happy it's available for you.
Cindy, ouch on the old sprain.  I sprained my left ankle years ago playing volley ball, and it still feels weak at times.  I always feel I need to baby it a bit.  I've definitely learned, the older we get, the harder we fall.  Is Roatan in your near future?
Crunch, have you heard any from your Dad?  I get so frustrated with my Mom at times, as now that she's in assisted living, she seems to think that someone with do everything for her.  Can"t even wash a couple of spoons left in the sink by her medication administrater.  Just leaves them there til I come visit.  3 loads of laundry a week is in her monthly charge, but she refuses to let them do it because she doesn't have that much, so they just throw it all in one load.  (I've talked to many about this, but it's like beating my head against a wall.  So every Thursday when I'm there, I'm now also doing her laundry.  Not that big a deal, as I know she appreciates it (she insists on using the Downey Unstoppables too)  But I do make her fold it all when it's done.  I bring it back into her apartment and say, "here ya go Mama"   I actually think she likes doing it, but just feels like everyone is there to wait on her.  Thank goodness the laundry room is right down the hall from her apartment.  I finally made the executive decision last week, to stop having her hair colored at their salon.   Seemed silly, as she was probably the only person there among 88 elderly ladies that still has dark hair!  Hopefully, she won't notice, as she gets her hair done everyweek.  Her stylist laughed when we were talking, says we shall see.
UHK, that was interesting about the light switches and outlets.  Good to know, as I'm sure turning on a light is just the norm for us all.
Bernie, good on you for not getting chosen for duty.  I'm 66 and have never even been selected as a possibility.  Slid by for several years, being a nurse, as I could opt out due to possibly having taken care of a possible suspect.  Then they changed that rule, and I still lucked out.  (now watch, I'll probably get summoned next week)
MB, nice your new neighbors are friendly.  Seems like so many people just don't even talk to their neighbors anymore.  We have mostly widows and retirees around us, so we all chat now and then,  but nothing like Bernie! Haha!
Beach Billy, sorry your kitties are missing.  Dare you get any more?
PJ, wow, Willie Nelson and Allison Krauss would've been great to see.  But I know the feeling.  Sometimes the effort to travel, as well as the cost for a few beverages, it's just easier to stay home.  Especially with the big screen tvs and surround sound available now a days.  I feel the same with sporting events.
Frank, are you getting any relief with the acupuncture?  I have a friend that has small fiber neuropathy and she's gotten so much relief with it.  Hope it's working for you.
Badger, have you decided to see your dentist anytime soon?  Seems like you're due!  38 days out for us, even closer for MB!
Twins are now walking...let the bruises begin!  Poor Baylee, she facetimed me yesterday, as Kolsen put his bottom tooth through his lip.  Took him to convenient care, who of course did nothing.  I'm sure only the first of many visits.  They seem so innocent when sleeping :)

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/18 18:49:55 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  82 and partly cloudy and very windy here.  Not really noticing the ramp up on humidity.  New Dell is set up in office downstairs.  A little bit of a learning curve from Windows Home Premium 7 to 10.  Have Windows 8.1 on laptop.  Call to oldest brother for a BD greeting and just got off the phone.   He's the best.

BeachBilly, lo siento about the kittens.  

Crunch, loved the pic on FB with the group pic in MX and your friend's visit in Stagecoach.  Lots of fun.

Bernie, hope you had a good day.

Cindy, bum on the ankle.  I don't want to do fall....but will be mowing again tomorrow before more rain moves in.  Leaves are really coming down with the brisk winds.

Hey Twirls.  So sorry about the accident with the Camaro but most importantly your well being.  Keep up posted.

Frank, please keep us updated.  

Badger, you are tricky dickey.  Not to be trusted with SOB plans but loved by all.

Gem, great pics. Not too far away those tropical breezes.  Can't even imagine how the two twins wear out their folks.

Jamie, I'm so glad you have those healthy meals being delivered.  Might look into that as a volunteer as Crunch eluded to.

Time for a bite to eat.  Sama, MB

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/19 04:19:42 (permalink)
Good Morning Mamafeathers, it's Thirstday.

Twirls, I think you are really lucky that the airbags didn't pop, with your size they could of done some serious damage. Hugs.

MB, I'm hoping that SOB means "Sitting On Beach" ??

Gem, that photo of the 3 of them sleeping is just too cute.

BBilly, sorry about your missing cats. We have so many predators around here that "outdoor" cats don't last long, a fisher got our last one and he was only allowed outside for brief periods during the day.

Bernie, glad you got out of jury duty, I was on call for jury duty once, but never got summoned.

PJ, I was just telling a friend that when we were young we wouldn't even think of going out before 9 pm, now we are in bed by then.

Crunch, for some reason I am back to my 2 am wake ups instead of sleeping in until 3 or so.

C&C, Babs and I are going out to dinner tomorrow night to celebrate our anniversary, wanna do a short Boat Drinx tonight?
post edited by Badger - 2019/09/19 04:22:16

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/19 05:20:31 (permalink)
0 (2)
Good Morning
Chris says we can do that. Happy Anniversary! (and I really don't think MB meant to insult your mother! I thought south of border, but sitting on beach works, too!)

Began the mowing process yesterday. Possibility of rain (30%) around noon, but hopefully will fizzle. We don't need any more just yet. And I'd like to get the mowing done. High of 78 today, still humid.

Gem, twins are adorable! For some reason, when I looked at the twin on the right, his expression made me think of the ancient Little Rascals TV series.

Hey, Y'all, what happened to a little pride in doing your civic duty on jury?  I've served twice, it's not so bad. Yeah, can be inconvenient, but it IS part of living in the land of the free.

Another laundry day, want to start early so I can get to the mowing quicker...have a great day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/19 06:47:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Badger - Stay up until 9pm? Not on a "school night" In bed by 7:30 is more like it for that 0330 wake up time in our house. I need my beauty sleep! 

MB - I haven't posted anything on FB all week. Hmmmmm. I must have an alter ego. Glad you got that computer stuff settled.

BB - so sorry about the kitties. I know it feels devastating to lose them. They were blessed though to live the good life while they could.

Beautiful family Gem. Blew my mind when you said you were 66. Say what?! Good looks run in your family. Dad is............dad. He is doing fine. Been hitting the ER lately which he does when he is stressed or just being him post mom dying. Never anything wrong than his usual chronic stuff that is minor comparatively. My mom's cousin Phyllis has become his "boots on the ground" since my brother has severed all relations. She lives 2 hours away and is now managing his bills etc.  Recently she went to all this effort with the ALF to set up help he needed with getting ready in the am and daily housecleaning since he pees all over the place but will not wear a brief and he was worried they would kick him out due to the aroma of urine on his shoes..................and 3 days later he decided he didn't need or want any of it. Typical dad. We will see how long it takes him to burn this bridge. The old friends that want to come see him, but don't do anything for him any more he ignores their calls. I try to make excuses, but.... The weird thing is he is totally mentally with it, but if you are not there at his beck and call then meh.  I love the old guy, but he sure makes bad moves.  We are going up at Christmas. Lord help us LOL!

Xit, used up my break time, back to work I must go!
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/19 07:17:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

A bit cooler on the coast this AM but bright sunny skies. Currently it is 62F at 7:19 with an expected high of 77 degrees.

Yesterday only 3 stops. In order, recycle place, lunch at Fibber's, and groceries at Lowe's Foods. Wind had picked up quite a bit by the time I got home so didn't want to mess with cleaning the boat.

Today is trash day. Might get out on the beach for a walk and then have lunch at Fibber's. I have the back door open to the screened porch and enjoying the cooler air, although I am wearing my housecoat and slippers. Need to remember to cut the a/c off at nights.

Jamie, I forgot to tell you that your meal deliveries sound tasty.

Gem, thank you for pictures yesterday. Twins are way cute !

MB, today might be your last grass cutting, si ?

Badger, get 'er done before the snow flies !  Sorry to have mentioned the 's' word.

Hi to Chris and Cindy.

Hi working Crunch !

See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/19 09:23:04 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY B AND B!

Feeling better.  Just very stiff.  I did my pool time and then decided I felt good enough to get out.  I wanted to go to Lowes to look at tile.  I didn't drive the Camaro!  I was a little freaked out about driving and kept checking the rear view mirror!  I'll be paranoid about it for awhile, I'm sure.  My body is doing a lot of cereal noises, snap, crackle, and pop!

I have a massage in 40 minutes so better go now.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/19 10:34:09 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Nice breeze this morning.  Tiny possibility of rain this afternoon.  A high temp of 91F. 
Burn ban in effect for all of TN.  Running the sprinkler on what little lawn we have in front of the house.
Haven't had to do that since the house was first built 19 years ago.  
Feeling sorry for the people of Texas who are getting flooded.  Wish we had some of that rain.

Badger,  LOL  South Of Border.   Had to think about it for a second or two.  
Happy Anniversary to you and Babs!  

MB,  Those pics on FB were posted by Snowbound.  Crunch y Tomas are tagged in them.
Sad I missed that get together in Akumal.  Fun people in those pics.  

SJ saw the neurologist.  Doc was really nice.  He said hand problem can be fixed without surgery.
Starting with physical therapy.  Nerve test to pinpoint problem area is the next appointment. 

Wishing all of you a wonderful day!

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/19 12:32:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Great news about SJ! Also, glad you are doing well Twirley.

How are you feeling these days Bernie? Has the shingles pain departed?

Happy Anniversary Babs and Badger!

That old pic cracks me up. At least a decade ago. We were young!
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/19 18:09:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening. A top ten weather day here. Dew point dropped, no breeze and a high of 84.  Got started on lawn around 10 this morning.  Another walk about for leaf debris prior to mowing.  I'm certainly getting my exercise lately with fall clean-up but it feels great and this warm weather makes me happy.  I had so much bagged grass from the new sod, spent flowers and old soil from planters I headed to compost site near by and get rid of it all.  Hit the bank and got my cash for upcoming SOB trip (south of border).

Badger, you funny. Happy anniversary to you and Babs.

Bernie, hope you enjoyed your day.  Maybe you want to hang on to Lillie Mae till early spring at this point.  Clean it up and take some nice pics.  Who knows, maybe you will meet the lady of your dreams and regret the sale.

Crunchie, thanks for straightening me out.  Such a great pick that Snowbound posted.  Then I really blew it with my reference to Stagecoach.  That was obviously our long LG departed OneRun Juan.  Thanks for the update on your Dad.  I'm sure it weights heavy on you and your siblings.  So very sorry for the pain that its caused.

BeachBilly, again my regrets about your kittens.  Any plans to travel to MX again?  

Twirls, I sure am glad you are feeling better today.  I agree with Pablo about the airbag.  Those things scare the heck out of me.  Mine didn't go off when I was T-boned at 45 mph.  The cops said it should have.  I got whip lash and my pelvis his the bottom of steering wheel.  The PT folks fixed me up well.  

Gem, you are right for sure about those car incidents.  They take up a lot of your time and energy to get resolved properly.  Tick tock, chica.  Can't wait to meet you guys and meet up with Kat.  The pic of twins and Dad is a framer .  The neighbor hood here stresses to one another we've got your back and let us help.  In our small circle we know when folks are in and out of town, put out/return trash/recycle containers, shovel/blow snow, pick up mail or....whatever we can do to help out others.  

Bob, you headed back to Coz again this spring?  

PJ, darn sorry you missed that concert. SIL saw it here and loved it, but I get it and you and SJ passed. Hugs gal.

That's it.  Much needed shower and then a bite to eat.  Have a beautiful evening all, MB .

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/20 04:34:53 (permalink)
ChrisandCindy

Hey, Y'all, what happened to a little pride in doing your civic duty on jury?  I've served twice, it's not so bad. Yeah, can be inconvenient, but it IS part of living in the land of the free.

Cindy

Good Morning Rice Krispies, it's Friday.

Cindy, I have no problem doing my civic duty, my problem is that living in the "land of the free" isn't free and when I was on call for jury duty the daily pay rate if you were called was around $18. If I had to serve when a trial went more than a day or two that would be a pretty big hit to my income.

Thanks from Babs and I for the anniversary wishes, 28 years (and counting).
And thanks to C&C for the flower bouquet!
post edited by Badger - 2019/09/20 05:09:45

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/20 05:22:31 (permalink)
-1 (1)
Good Morning
Badger

If I had to serve when a trial went more than a day or two that would be a pretty big hit to my income.

There is that, but outside of you and Crunch, everyone else here is retired, I think. It can be a very interesting process. I probably shouldn't have said anything, but it kinda bothers me when everyone is SO happy not to serve.

Twirls, glad you are doing OK. Agree with you and MB about the airbags. Even Jake, our mechanic, doesn't like or trust them. And you may find it takes a long time to get over that niggling fear of it happening again. I got T-boned a long time ago...was driving younger son home after wrestling practice. Saw that the guy blew his stop sign and managed to hit the brake, but was still a big impact. Not quite a T-bone, hit just in front of my door. Moved the entire engine block over 2 feet. My right knee took out the stereo system. Son, even with seat belt on, hit the windshield and needed stitches on his forehead. Car did a complete 180 and ended up facing the wrong way on the shoulder. Cop said, if I hadn't hit the brake at the last second, I wouldn't be talking to him. To this day, I tense up if I see a black pickup approaching an intersection on my left. I think it is like a mini form of PTSD.

Gotta run, I have to go into the clinic and get blood work done for Dr. visit on Monday.
Have a wonderful day, sorry if I offended anyone.
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Page: << < ..10161017101810191020.. > >> Showing page 1017 of 1031
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5