AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..10111012101310141015.. > >> Showing page 1012 of 1047
Author
nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13725
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/06 12:36:49 (permalink)
+2 (2)
It is a beautiful day here - sunshine, clear sky and reasonable temperatures. Love it!
We have a hurricane watch for tomorrow with rainfall warning and wind warning consistent with a cat 1. So, working on removing furniture etc from outside and getting food and water prepared. We also have wine and scotch and lots of books on hand and a generator.  We bought the generator in case of long winter storms but have actually used it more after hurricanes and tropical storms. At least we won't have to shovel after Dorian leaves!
Glad all is well with you Bernie.

AASB 2018 created good memories. Getting ready for 2019!!
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/06 18:42:10 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  75 and fair skies. Another beautiful day.  Had my appointment with wealth management guy this morning and then headed home as the same firm that cut the trees down and laid sod was wanting to have me here for the tree fertilization that I agreed to.  She was here for almost two hours.  Other than that still watering new sod in and ordered my new snow thrower today at local hardware store.  A Toro 721 QZE.  They will assemble and deliver and price matched to another small locally owned hardware store that doesn't deliver.  Should be in the next couple of weeks.  Guy told me it was the third one, same model, purchased this week.  

Gem, that tree with the girls is my signature seedless Marshall Ash in front yard planted bare root 31 years ago when I built this house.  That particular tree has been treated for the Emerald Ash borer and is very healthy.  The one in back yard, 17" diameter was transplanted from my Father's yard. It was not treated, after Paul passed, and became diseased.  

Bernie, alive and well is great news.  Birdies are happy too and Freddie.  No more hurricane food stash necessary.  

Stay safe Nipper.  Edit:  You snuck in.  Glad you are prepared.

Loving the pics Ed on FB.  

Frank, you need to check in.  You too, Jamie.

Twirls, hope the body is back to more normal state.  Enjoy the rest of what's left of summer and pool time.

Cindy, hope you have a great time at family reunion.  Dang, where does the time go?  Safe travels.

Badger, very fall like temps here too.  Couldn't have worked out better with all the new sod.  

Spoke to my SIL before the post.  She ended up in emergency last evening.  Was trying to pit an avocado and knife went through her hand.  She's doing fine.  Guess that's why they call them accidents.  Fair well all.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/09/06 18:43:54

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/06 19:15:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
YO Joey! you eat an elephant one bite at a time

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/07 04:52:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Saturday.

Love the Joey pic!

Bernie, so glad that you are OK, Nipper, you and Ron take care and good luck!

Gem, after all of the BCers suffering from PITAs and you posted that you got your rear end fixed, I thought....err...nevermind.

MB, when do you leave for Mexico?

Interesting tidbit I heard on the radio yesterday, the Packers now have the best record in all of the NFL! 

Internet problems yesterday, so I didn't get my Friday Funnies up until today.

Beautiful weather for working outside today, with highs in the 60s.

Wag more....bark less.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/07 06:49:30 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

A nice sunny day along the coast today with a high of 85 degrees. Current temp 74F at 7:04.  Just a little foggy inside the house, as I ate some of my hurricane food last night : bean with bacon soup. Yikes !

Things back to normal yesterday. It was nice and sunny; I didn't see any damage to the neighborhood as I drove around. Lots of leaves ripped off the trees but no trees down or any damage to homes seen. After inspecting our neighborhood off I went to eat lunch at Fibber's. When I got home, took a nap with Freddie as neither of us slept had slept well during the hurricane wind and rain.

Nipper, hope you guys will be safe from that Dorian as it "kisses" North America goodbye.

Bob, I'm sure you got some wind and rain from the storm as well.  Bet your new stairs didn't budge a bit.

Chris and Cindy, cute picture of Joey.  Is that his 'lovey' toy that he always sleeps next to ?

MB, glad to hear your SIL is OK from the knife cut.  So, no more work on your house this year ?

Badger, I wan't sure what Gem was talking about so for once I kept my mouth shut !  Amazing.

See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/07 07:14:07 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning
I always laugh when I see Joey carrying around that little elephant. We bought it (for $1!) at the humane society the night we brought Sophie home, after I realized I had no cuddly toys for her. Then when we got Joey a few days later, he immediately claimed it as his very own. Now there are plenty of toys, but that is still Joey's favorite. Surprised it is still intact with a squeaker inside!

Nipper, hope Dorian is more of a non-event for you, but you sound well prepared. (Especially on the scotch! good idea!)

MB, Chris took down our only Ash about a month ago. It was a European Mountain Ash, not supposed to be affected by the Emerald ashborers. Never saw any evidence of the pests, but it was dead nonetheless. Up the hill from us there are at least half a dozen dead Ashes along the road side. I'm surprised we haven't seen Asphlunde taking them down yet, but expect they are busier than a one-armed paper hanger. In West Bend, city employees have been taking down the diseased trees. Replanting a lot of Catalpa trees, (also called "Bean Trees") which I love...they are just such a beautiful tree...but I'm wondering how much the city will like them when they are big enough to start dropping those huge seed pods into the streets.

Today is picnic prep day. I decided on making a gourmet mac & cheese dish topped with smoked ham slices, and a blueberry-cream cheese French toast casserole. Better get at it!
Have a wonderful day, all
Cindy 

Video
Pix
YouTube

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/07 08:43:58 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

Went to sleep around 10:30 last night.  This morning I was awake and rolling around the bed before dawn.  I rolled and tossed and finally looked at my clock at 5:52!  I should have got up but I groaned and rolled over again.  Next thing was I was in a strange dream.  NOOOO!  I woke myself up and got up just before 7.  
Came in to start the coffee.  I had spent part of yesterday cleaning the coffee maker with vinegar.  Naturally, the coffee maker was dead.  I had to steal the one from the front kitchen.   Sat down with my coffee to watch the morning news.  Pearlie Girl was rooting in the corner of the dog bed by the fire place.  She brought me a present that apparently was stashed in the corner of the bed...1/2 of a pair of mangled sunglasses...not mine...  OH Uncle Chris....  Pearlie has something to tell you....  Just now I looked up to catch her sneaking out of the door with my slipper in her mouth!  I guess she is full of mischief and mad that she didn't get a walk last evening.  It was just too hot.  Still 92 after dinner. 

Supposed to be about 10 degrees cooler today but back to the 90's tomorrow and most of the next week.  

The reason I decided to clean the coffeemaker yesterday was because I had out the vinegar wiping out the hot tub.   It was the bi annual cleaning which I didn't do last spring but hardly anyone was in it besides me.  It will get a new filter and be refilled later today.  
I will probably take myself to breakfast shortly.

Nipper, you said it earlier that you'd probably have a visit from Dorian and I said I figured it would head up the coast line.   Stay safe!

Badger and Bernie, LOL...rear end....

MB, I hope your summer projects are mostly done!

Enjoy your weekend.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/07 10:14:16 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Partly cloudy.  High temp this afternoon of 87F.  

Badger,  LOL on Gem's rear end fix.  

C&C,  love the pic of Joey with his elephant.  He must be such a sweet-natured dude.
Most dogs his size would have shredded that elephant by now.

Nipper,  sounds like you are ready for the hurricane.  
Praying there is no wind damage or flooding for your area.  

Twirls,  Miss Pearl is full of it this morning.  So is Miss Cudi.  LOL
Did not know how bad lil doggie had been feeling for some time.
Just thought she was getting slower with old age like me.  After finishing the meds the vet gave us.  
She is back to her old self again.  Bouncing around...wanting to fuss and play.

Gem,  know how you feel about your new car.  These days it is hard to keep one pristine.

All three of the vehicles we have bought in the last few years...have some kind of minor damage.
SJ's red Ford Focus is always getting dinged.  He hasn't even bothered to have any of it fixed. 
He told SC she could have it next.  She said, no thanks! That car is jinxed!  LOL

Bernie,  did you check on your boat after the hurricane?  

Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2447
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/07 12:31:40 (permalink)
+1 (3)
Nipper, you and Ron be safe!  Big D appears to have a mind of her own!  Bernie, glad you made it through unscathed.  Anyone heard from Bosco?
C & C, Joey seems like such a gentle dog...now that little Sophie???
PJ, glad little Cudi is getting back her spunk!
Twirls, that Pearl!  Still running with things.  She made us laugh when we were visiting last year.  I tell you what, if I didn't have to wait for Tatt to retire, I'd of been in Mexico last year.  And we could be neighbors!
Still need to get the transfer from the airport to ABR.  MB, I checked with your guy, he was a bit more than USA, which we've used before.  Need to decide sometime this week.
For those of you wondering about my rear end repair, here's a photo  I did take it back to the body shop yesterday and he buffed out the place he missed.

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/07 15:18:25 (permalink)
+1 (3)
Good afternoon.  65 and mostly cloudy.  Started lawn work around 9:30 and finished at 1 p.m. Took me a bit longer today.  Needed to cut the new sod.  The lawn mower needed to be raised up so I shut off the push mower.  Tried to restart and the damn handle came off the rope so I pushed that heavy sucker all the way back to the house, from the back of the lot.  Emailed Mary Jo and Galen came over after his pickleball game.  I shut the rider off and he had it fixed in a few moments and started it for me.  I went back to the end of lot and did that entire corner.  Man that grass was high and the mower was sinking in, but got it done.  Was kinda scary on that slope.  Anyways it is done as there is rain expected in the wee Sunday morning hours and throughout tomorrow and Monday.

PJ, that's great that little Cudi is back to her sweet adorable spry self.  Don't beat yourself up to bad.  Only thing that matters is she is better now.

Nice ride Gem.  Glad you brought it back and they buffed it out for you.   Hey, you are never a Debby downer girl.  When is your honey due to retire?  I checked USA Transfers' pricing rd. trip to Akumal with no stops at $112.07.  Edgar Tays will match any lower price that you find.  As long as you have no stops along the way, a better price.  If any stops, it's an additional $30 USD.  Thanks for letting me know.  p.s. I pm'd Kat to let her know I would be down late October.  

Badger, depart 10/22.  Eight nights.  Ticker now updated.

Nipper, check in when you can with an update. Meantime, be safe.

Twirls, that Pearlie girlie has a free spirit for sure.  Kinda like her Mama.  Did you pull the trigger on any of your future trips?  Going to have to remember to grab some reusable large cloth bags for my upcoming trips south when I hit Chedraui.

Bernie, more good news that your neighborhood is unscathed.  Hopefully the same for Deb.

Cindy, great pics for the side dishes.  Hope you got a few pics and have/had a wonderful time with extended family.  Love the Joey pic with his favorite toy.  Bless ya for giving those two a beautiful loving home.  Joey is nothing but grateful. Sophie doesn't know any differently.

Hola, Bob, Frank, Jamie, SNF, Crunchie, Bosco, Susy, BeachBilly, Maple and the rest of you folks. 

For those of you that asked, pretty much done with my spring/summer/fall projects.  Plan to resume in March into spring with painting  interior walls and ceilings, new living room furniture, window treatments and carpet. Time to hit the shower.  Allergies in full bloom.  Can't quite sneezing and can't wait to get the contacts out. 

Called Best Buy and Lenovo has not arrived yet.  Will head over there after church tomorrow morning. May have to cancel Geek Squad appointment; window noon to 4 p.m.  Fingers crossed.  Have a great rest of the weekend all.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/09/07 16:11:51

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3798
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/07 15:51:19 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Stay safe, nipper and Ron.

Glad to hear Bernie and Freddie made it through OK and no major damage other than a few leaves.

Beaut of a car, Gem, had a BMW once, best car I ever owned or will own.

That Joey sure looks like a sweet natured dog, Cindy.

MB, you sure do have a huge yard and forgot to tell you how pretty your trees looked in the pictures from a few days ago.

Feeling marginally better, had some homemade chicken noodle soup courtesy of the Safeway deli and it inspired me to shower and wash my filthy hair. Still napping a lot, insurance company is sending someone out Monday to do some physio therapy with me, here's to hoping it helps a lot.
Have a great rest of the weekend all.

PS - where is Bosco?
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/07 22:03:25 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Evening all

Shoot!  MB had me hunting for food pron pics of Cindy's homemade dishes!  I misread!  I was drooling so I guess I can stop now.

Jamie, Glad you are getting some PT!  It really does help.

MB, you need a vacation!  Now you have even more to mow! You need a fancy stand on fast mower!

I took myself to breakfast at my favorite outdoor breakfast place.  They have great food and a bar.  I usually DON'T have a drink but it was almost noon so I asked for a  LIGHT Bloody Mary.  The wait staff knows me.  My regular waiter already knew my order.
Eggs Benedict with a side of crispy hash browns.  AND 1 piece of french toast for dessert!  

Next I went to TJ MAXX and spent my Bday gift card on some cool Halloween stuff.  I got several items including a very cool motion activated large candy bowl with a skeleton draped over the edge.  His jaw moves and he says spooky stuff anytime some gets near enough to reach for candy!  It was a big hit with the kids in the store so...  I plan to make my house very spooky this year.  Looking forward to Halloween at home.  I hope we have good weather.  

Seems like several of the homes on this street are really making a big effort to remodel and do curb appeal stuff.  The house diagonal across the street, that used to be a horrible rental, has been a year in reno.  The owner finally put it up for sale.  They did a lot but it still doesn't have a master ensuite bath.  A typical 3 bdrm, 1.5 baths with a small living room.  It will sell fast though with the market.  The house next to that one is also under a major front reno.  Looks good for the neighborhood!

Found a new author of fiction based on Southern Island Gullah legends and folklore.  It's based in Savannah instead of Charleston area.  I've always thought my love of the ocean and southern ways came from possibly living there before...who knows?  I was taking a break between books.  Finished 1 and ready to start the sequel.  

SUNDAY FOOTBALL...  Not sure what I'll plan for dinner since it's going to be HOT!  It's a noon game so I may have to move a TV outside so I can see it from the pool!  I've been thinking I need an outdoor TV...LOL.  I'm so bad.

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/08 05:04:11 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Picnic day. Looks like it will be cool and rainy in northern Illinois today, glad we have a pavilion. Might put a damper on the kiddy games. Twirls, I will do my best to remember to take pictures. Food is resting in the fridge right now, have to pull the blueberry/cream cheese French toast out soon to rest for 30 minutes before going in the oven. Had to order new heat packs for the carriers; was getting a little worried, but the delivery driver showed up around 4pm yesterday. Trying a new method out, a tip online said to heat the packs overnight on low in a water bath in the crockpot. Seemed safer than the microwave, too easy to overheat them and ruin them.

Also, I think I forgot to wish you Happy Birthday, Twirls. My best wishes to you, belated!
My quiet time is over, Chris just came down the stairs. I need to get going, plan to be on the road a little before 9am. Have a wonderful day, all!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/08 05:22:23 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Gullahs, it's Sunday.

Nipper, please check in if you can?

Gem, glad you got your rear end buffed!

Twirls, I'm sure MB meant great "picks" for side dishes.

MB, I just got an alert that AeroMexico is having a sale at $245 r/t nonstop to CUN. Hmmm.

PJ, happy that Cudi is feeling better, how is SJ doing?

Packers, Badgers and Brewers have all won their recent games, wish I had time to watch some of them.
Off to work I go.

Wag more....bark less.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/08 07:39:58 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy misty morning from the coast y'all. Water is just hanging in the air and the sun is saying "please let me out so I can play today".  The weatherman has granted your wish, Mr. Sun. Supposed to be nice full sunny skies at noon.

Yesterday was grocery shopping at Lowe's Foods. Wasn't crowded, as all the tourists were blown outta town.

Today I am going to try to get back onto the beach for a little walk. Honestly I could 'blow it off' but I believe it will help me get some of my strength back. Once the sun gets out it will be a nice high of 85 degrees. The grass needs cutting after all that rain. Arrrggg.

Just couldn't  get enough coffee down this AM. Staring at all the posts with this dumb look on my face. Ha.

MB, I may not have reported back that my sister Debby had no problems from the hurricane. There was some small bit of flooding in the very back of her yard. It's where her grass slopes down into the edge of the swamp. Anyway, no problems. Her neighborhood never lost power.

Gem, what Badger said. Nice ride. Your plates made me smile. Wasn't there an LG'er that had 'UUFDA' for their name a long time ago ? Was that you ?   I remember you daughter used Shanna Maybe ( I think ).

Badger, that a pretty good price for r/t to Cancun.  Is that the one you and Babs like to fly out of where ?

Cindy, have a good time with you family trip. Safe driving.

Jamie, hang in there kiddo.

See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/08 09:19:41 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Woke up early.  Was pounced on by the cat. Walked on by the dog.  Gave up and started the day.
Yard patrol finished.  Pets fed.  Have a fresh mug of coffee.  It's a beautiful day!
SJ and I made the run to the dump yesterday.  Cans were too heavy for doing it alone.  I tried...LOL
Couldn't get them up in the truck.  Rest of my day was spent doing laundry.  Ordered dinner to go from
the local Mexican Restaurant...Monster 14" quesadilla stuffed with chicken, shrimp, peppers and onions.  Yum!
Comes in a pizza box.  With guacamole, salsa, lettuce and sour cream on the side.  Sj ordered a while back
by accident.  He was only looking at ingredients not the size of it.  A new fav!

Badger,  SJ is getting better at being left-handed.  Trying not to be a cranky buttinski about his situation.
That's a great price on flights to Cancun.  I've flown AeroMexico a couple of times over the years.
Always been happy with them.   

Bernie, enjoy the beach walk.  Take some pics, please. 
Uffda (Joyce) lives in the North East.  Mike Buker's widow.  Good friends with Mr. and Mrs. ZZ. 

Twirls,  you were not alone.  I also thought I missed the pics of Cindy's dishes for the family reunion.  LOL
Then reread the line.    Hope you get that pool time today.  

C&C,  wishing you safe travels today.  Enjoy your time with family.   

MB,  enjoy planning your trip to Akumal.  Much more fun than house projects.  Right?

Jamie,  hope the pt helps you feel stronger.  Have the meals on wheels begun arriving?

Gem,  I noticed the license plate on your car as well.  Did you order it special?  

Crunch,  hope you and Tomas are having a great weekend in your pool as well.  

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/08 10:48:27 (permalink)
0 (2)
Morning all
Slept late and loved it.  Still having coffee and watching the Sunday pre game football shows.  I'm really looking forward to this season.  Seems like most all the teams are looking good.  Some last minute contract renewals and team switching deals were a surprise.  JEEZE LOUISE the contract prices????!!!   A whole country could be fed for a year or more with some of those salaries.  I don't think it should have to be this way but I don't make the rules!  I guess some actors make this kind of money and it is all entertainment for the masses....

GEM, forgot to mention your nice looking rear end!   LOL!  BMW is a good car.  2nd hubby had one which he loved more than me.  I haven't liked them since.  I used to secretly giggle everytime he put a boo-boo on the car.  
I also wanted to inquire about your license plate.  An ode to Joyce?  Isn't it a Scandanavian slang word that means ???? what??
Please explain.

Bernie, the shingles have a long term affect.  At least with me.  

PJ, sorry to hear about SJ's lingering hand problems.  I sympathize since I had 3 surgeries on my right hand.  

Cindy, I believe you fixed that lovely blueberry dish for breakfast one morning I was there.  It was yummy!  Looking forward to the food porn.  Please get pics of others dishes too for drool effect!  And Thanks for the Bday wishes.  Safe travels today!

Bosco doesn't play here often but lurks once in a while.  I wish he'd be more active.  Others too, like Susy.

I'll check in after the games today.  I didn't plan food for today because it's so hot.  I may call out for delivery wings later.  A restaurant/sports bar around the corner has the best ones in all the area.  They will be busy so I have to call early.
Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/08 12:01:39 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Uffda is a Norwegian term for basically "sh*t".  Mom always said it.  She's 100% Norwegian, didn't speak English until her kindergarten teacher taught her.  Uffda was already taken when I ordered my plates, so I opted for the Uufda spelling.  Yes, it was Joyce who was/is Uffda on LG.  Got my first BMW in 2008 and loved it.  When I wanted a new one in 2015, got the same thing but a newer model of course.  They've both been great vehicles.  
Headed to brunch with Tatt.  Looks like a beautiful day here.  Plan to smoke a bourbon glazed pork lion this afternoon.
Have a great day everyone!
nipper
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/08 13:43:32 (permalink)
+2 (2)
The power is back on after 14 hours. We had no damage other than a few sunflowers but the area has a lot of large and small branches and some trees down. The Halifax area, where it landed as a cat 2, was hit hard. There are still lots of places without power and I expect the cleanup will take a while.
Again today is beautiful but chilly 8C or 46F this morning. I wonder why they called it a tropical storm?
Thanks for all the well wishes. Tammi may not have power yet as one of their trees took down the lines and blocked their road.
post edited by nipper - 2019/09/08 13:44:38

nipper
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/08 13:58:17 (permalink)
+2 (2)
This was in Halifax. a crane collapsed on the building under construction

Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/08 17:21:04 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Wow, just checked Aero Mexico for round trip from Moline to Cancun in May...Moline airport is where we always fly out of as it's 11 miles from our house.  We always have 1 layover, but it's better than driving to and back from Chicago.  Price is $322! and that's for upgraded basic.  I've never seen a price that low and the times are perfect, leaves at 6 am and gets to Cun by 12.  Hmmmm!
Just not sure yet if we want to do May or April...
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/08 17:35:44 (permalink)
+1 (1)
good eats at the Johnsen picnic

Video
Pix
YouTube

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/08 17:44:33 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  58 and cloudy.  Last 9:30 church service this morning before they revert back to 8:30 and 10:30.   Then headed to Best Buy.  No Lenovo so we changed the Geek Squad appointment to Thursday of this week.  Matters not and actually worked out better as I wanted to catch the Viking's game.  Did three loads of wash.  Changed the bed sheets and put one of the two new comforters on.  Dang squirrel knocked over my cacti small planter in entryway.  Small chip in pottery and replanted everything this afternoon.  Not putting it outside again for a repeat performance.  They are busy burying acorns, walnut and what have you.  Nice gently sprinkles on and off much of the day.  Perfect for the new sod.  More this evening and tomorrow.  Tomorrow is my day "off" as I have appointment Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Badger, si as I meant to say "picks".  I did see that fare on BookingBuddy.  Sweet for sure.  I am so darn hungry for some freshly grilled fish or shrimp.

PJ, yes much more fun planning my next adventure.  Super excited. This afternoon I started to move some things into upstairs spare BR.  Guess that says it all.

Hope we do get real pics of C y C's family get together.  Cindy....you may need to share those two recipes with me. I have to figure out some tailgate food for a Gopher's game in early October with familia.  Safe travels home.

Bernie, thanks for update on Deb.  Did you get a short beach walk in today?  Your right about getting some stamina back.  Hope that Uffda leaves your body soon and you are back to your norm.

Jamie, thanks Jamie on the yard.  Had a sweet cute couple on Labor Day Sunday approach me in the front yard that wanted to see the back yard as they had been admiring it.  Brings a smile to my face for as hard as I work to keep my property improved.  How are you liking those meals?  So glad you have nice neighbor(s) that look over you and bring you some goodies.  

Holly, I think your weird dream world invaded last night's sleep.  Yikes....just too weird to even go there.  Woke myself up to as I'd had enough.  Hope you enjoyed your day and pool time.  Agree on the outrageous pro-sport salaries.

Gem, damn brunch sounded yummy and the bourbon glazed pork for later.  Yummy. I am so envious of all of you culinary chicas.  

Nipper, glad you are safe and that monster has finally gone away. Lots of destruction left behind. Adios Dorian.

Hola to all I've missed.  The devastation in the Bahamas is so difficult to watch. So much suffering.  Sama, MB.

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/09 04:58:39 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Gem

Plan to smoke a bourbon glazed pork lion this afternoon

You eat lions in Iowa?!? Who knew?

Good Morning Clubbers, it's Moanday.

Nipper, glad you are OK!

Thanks for the food porn.

Running late already, I'm working on a big roofing project with chances of rain all week long.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/09 06:00:56 (permalink)
Good Morning
Glad you weathered the storm OK, Nipper. I did see that collapsed crane on the news (in motion). Would have hated being anywhere near it when it happened! Very scary!

Sorry I didn't take anymore pics at the picnic. Cousins and all that I hadn't seen for a long time...just got to talking and time flew!
That Blueberry dish pan was practically licked clean. Badger originally turned me on to that recipe, it is online at AllRecipes. I tweeked it this time, for the better I believe. It calls for 2 packages of cream cheese cubed and scattered through the dish. Of the 12 eggs in the recipe, I used 2 of them and beat them into the cream cheese, then "buttered"  the slices of French bread with the spread.  Also increased the amount of blueberries, particularly in the final topping. Nephew Keaton in the last pic and Seth are close to the same age, they get along famously. Too bad that they live in Michigan and we don't get to see them very often. Even though it was rainy and dreary, all in all a very good day. 

Had to chuckle about the whole "uffda" thing. My family claims Danish heritage. Long ago, Chris' Mother ( who I think just lumped all the Scandinavian countries together) gave me a gag gift of a little outhouse that would collapse when touched. With uffda written over the top. What do you say? Wrong country, tasteless, and just plain silly. In Danish, (at least this was my Dad's story) the same word is "ski". One Christmas when Dad was a boy, he got a pair of cross country skis. As dinner was winding  down, he asked to be excused so he could go outside to ski. His grandmother (Insert lilting accent) said "oh Bobby! But it is so cold!"  I guess she thought he should "ski" in the chamber pot.

Anyhow, I've got a mountain of laundry to tackle! Have a great day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Page: << < ..10111012101310141015.. > >> Showing page 1012 of 1047
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5