AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..10111012101310141015.. > >> Showing page 1011 of 1032
Author
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/04 08:49:18 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Home phone and internet were out of service yesterday.  
Not able to post.

Happy Birthday, Twirls!!   

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/04 09:09:02 (permalink)
0 (2)
Good morning all

Thanks, BB.  I try to ignore my birthdays.

I suffered all day yesterday feeling like everything between my throat and pooper was burning.  Like an internal sunburn.  I googled everything to do when you have pepper poisoning.  It can actually be serious.  I drank and ate small amounts of everything suggested.  The oils, where the heat is, can stick or coat your inner parts as well as skin.  Millk was recommended and anything that breaks down oil.  Suggestions were milk, citrus juice,(I had fresh squeezed OJ), alcohol, (A small amount of wine).  ETC.  I tried it all and nothing worked but the OJ did help for a while.  I didn't take in much of anything solid.  I didn't want it hanging on longer and I didn't want it coming back UP either.  My throat is still burning this morning.  
According to what I read about Hatch chilis, the heat is supposed to equal the sweetness or flavor.  NOT the one I tried.  I read they can also vary in heat from mild to extremely HOT.  Anything rated on the Scoville heat scale is nothing I want in my system. 

Bernie, I'm hoping for your best in the situation. 
The Bahamas probably won't recover in my lifetime.  What horror.

Badger, be careful what you wish for!

Jamie, good idea on the meals.  I'm glad you did that!  Good thinking.

No plans for today.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/04 09:14:15 (permalink)
0 (4)
Cindy, Thanks.  I love Ron White!  I consider that a great compliment.  I've reminded myself of him at times when telling stories.

BTW, I decided to write a book.  It's mostly fiction but most the stories and memories are real.  Your characters and/or names may appear in the book.  No last names or embarrassing situations will be revealed.  Of course , It's set in Mexico.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/04 09:21:52 (permalink)
+1 (3)
Badger, the mystery weenie story is about page 23.

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29469
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/04 12:49:08 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Get out to eat now while you can Bernie. Hoping not too bad for you.

Happy Birthday Twirley! I am sorry to hear about the long lasting effects of that Hatch Chili, but for sure on the book.

M on W is a great idea Jamie. Let us know they are. Hopefully you will quickly mend.

Thanks for asking MB. Tomas has a little better mobility turning his neck to the right, but not a lot. I am tons better, but still cannot sit very long and wake up and go to bed every day with the R cheek "toothache". It is frustrating because while nothing like before it is almost always there and I still can't sit. I am starting too lose confidence in the docs even though I know they are good. Also, the incredible hassle to go thru PCP, Insurance etc for referrals and the long wait for appts if I try else where totally prevents me from going. I just cannot keep taking time off work.  I am hoping it will slowly subside completely and if not I will have to wait until medicare and retirement to pursue. I just try not to bitch about it any more LOL!

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/04 14:04:40 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Trying to get into see a doctor is ridiculous.  Had something on my arm which the doc looked at before.  Did not know what caused it.  Went away then came back.  Called first week of June.  Got appointment last week of July!  End of July came and it had disappeared.  Cancelled appointment only to have it come back a week later.  Can't win

Happy 29th Twirls!
post edited by CallMeFrank - 2019/09/04 14:06:04
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/04 17:58:09 (permalink)
+1 (3)
Good evening.  68 and sunny.  Another stellar fall day here and winds have calmed down considerably.   Actually, not a leaf moving.  Another 5 gallon pail filled today with mostly small branches and the debris from the walnut trees.  Ugh.  Continual care to water in the new sod with system and sprinkler in the front yard for 3 small areas.  Keeping me busy.  Did the grocery run today and picked up some cerveza.  Then off to credit union for withdrawal for my investment deposit Friday morning.  Headed to TJ for return and purchased BD cards for my 3 September brothers at Hallmark store.  Still old fashioned that way.

Speaking of Birthday wishes, big hugs and lots of love sent your way Holly.  Hope you had a beautiful day in spite of that damn pepper incident.  Not so funny....not so sure it was intentional that Chris was the culprit, but clearly he should not introduce those peppers in your household again.

Bernie, listening to the devastation on the world news tonight about the Bahamas and all the updates for your area.  So horrible.  Make sure neighbors know what's up with you if you decide to stay with Freddie.

Nipper, be safe as well.

Damn Pam.  What happened with your internet?  

Jamie, so glad you got the wheel on meals delivery.  Substantial food.  That organization has been around for a very long time providing valuable services.  

Crunchie, thanks for the health updates.  Will continue to send healing prayers.

Badger, hope the weather improves so you can knock all those jobs out for folks.  Hugs to Babs and you.  Oh...newest fare to Cancun round trip for $285 via AeroMexico non-stop, Booking Buddy.  Have no idea what their other fees are.  

Cindy, not sure what's happening there but we have not had an eighty degree day here for about a month.  Lots of pluses and minuses for sure.  Has been a very different spring and summer again.  I have lucked out though with the cooler temps with all the new sod.  

Hey Frank, I am going to think optimistic thoughts about your recovery.  Keep us posted.  You don't update on Charlotte.  Everything okay with that new pup?   Hope your wife is doing better as well.

My heart is sad for the folks in the Bahamas and the awful dive boat incident off California coast.  Sickening to the core.  

That's all I got other than great news that the kiddo thrown off the 4th floor at the MOA was finally released from the hospital today, since that awful incident in April, to return to his home with continuing long-term medical after 15 surgeries.  Requesting more prayers for his well being.  

Be well all, MB. 
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/09/04 18:26:13

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/05 04:58:33 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Mystery Weenies, it's Thirstday.

Bernie I sure hope you are considering getting away from the coast for a couple of days, the winds & storm surge could be nasty. And why do you not have a generator??

Twirls, I left my phone in my truck last night, just saw your messages, will call later. And, belated Happy Birthday.

MB, that is a great price! I have heard good things about Aeromexico.

We've had pretty cool temps here lately, I wouldn't mind an early fall, as long as we don't have an early winter.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/05 05:05:08 (permalink)
Good Morning
I am grumpy and sleep deprived. Will come back later after I've had more coffee. 

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/05 07:23:58 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hi gang.

Still have power at 7:45 this morning. Last night a lot of t-storm with heavy bursts of wind and rain. Everyone here in the neighborhood is hunkered down. Weather forecast is wind and rain. Then the hurricane.
All Freddie wants is her food. Oddly, the birds are still hitting the feeders. Trees in the woods are swaying but not too hard yet.

Holly just called. Said she can't post yet 'cuse her computer at the 'fix it shop'. She also purchased a new PC yesterday; techies there loaded S/W and it's ready for her to pick up today.

Badger, I just never purchased one.  I watched Lyle struggle with his generator last year. He had at least 6 of the big 5 gallon gas cans in his suburban inside his garage. That's another issue : trying to find gas if you run out when all the gas stations have no power. I think he drove down to Myrtle Beach on day 3 of our power outage last year. I had one small generator at my business stored in the warehouse for Summer brown outs. We used it to keep the master PC and phone system powered so we could do business in case of an outage.

Anyway, so far all OK. I need to call Debby to see if she is OK.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts. Hurricane will probably be gone by tomorrow night.

That's all from the coastal area for now.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/05 09:15:33 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Bernie,  thinking of you.  Pray you receive no damage to your home or yourself from the hurricane.

Weather here is beautiful.  Afternoon temps still near 90F.  
Just been working on chores around the house.  Nothing exciting going on.

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/05 11:21:26 (permalink)
0 (2)
Laundry is done and put away.
Apparently, I fell asleep reading last night, with the light on. Chris, like most people losing their hearing TALKS LOUDER. He shoved me and yelled "YOU'RE SNORING AND THE LIGHT IS ON!" After my heart stopped pounding, I turned off the light, then proceeded to toss and turn until about 1am. Finally sleeping...  Now Chris took an hour and a half long nap after dinner last night, and got up around 4am. He let the dogs out, fed them, and then let them run upstairs and jump all over me. Heart pounding again. Long story short, I am operating on about 4 and 1/2 hours of sleep. I think I deserve dinner out tonight. Maybe. Grumping over. I suppose my heart got some exercise.

Bernie, I'm praying for you too. I don't like the way this storm is getting bigger again and moving so slow. I really don't want to see you on the evening news getting airlifted by a Blackhawk. Stay safe!

MB, we had a couple of days last week that hit the 80s, but I'm kinda liking these 60s. Got a lot of trimming done on some weed trees I'd like to see gone...I think they are called black willow...but holy cow, they keep coming up and have long branches that keep slapping me in the face when I'm mowing. Much nicer to do that sort of job in cooler weather.

Twirls, start writing! I'll buy it!
Better go and check on the fur children, they are suspiciously quiet...
Have a wonderful day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/05 11:54:38 (permalink)
+2 (2)
MB. forgot to answer your question about the phone and internet outage.
TDS has been selling us high-speed internet for years now.
It wasn't!   Just a jury-rigged mess. Some local people got together and sued them. 
Now TDS is finally putting in fiber optic lines.  They have had the fiber optic lines sitting in a warehouse
since Obama gave grants for rural areas to receive high-speed internet.  TDS refused to pay workers to install.
There will be intermittent outages of the phone and internet until the job is finished.  

Cindy,  take a nap.  You deserve one.  Hugs
post edited by PJamigo - 2019/09/05 11:56:33

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29469
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/05 12:34:44 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Sure hoping that hurricane loses power Bernie. I know this is a normal thing and the "season", but geez. I really feel ba for all affected.
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/05 16:12:32 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Hilarious signs only found in Texas.  I assume Crunch and Tomas have seen a few of these!

https://www.lifestyle-a2z...nc-all-safemsn_2325143
post edited by CallMeFrank - 2019/09/05 16:13:57
pamela_tejas
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 269
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/05 16:46:09 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Thanks, Frank. I love the sign on the gate and the Alpine sign. Signs at El Arroyo are legend here.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/05 18:08:32 (permalink)
0 (2)
Good evening.  77 and cloudy.  Was a good day, but very fall like.  Headed up to Toyota dealership around 10 and picked up new gas cap that I ordered yesterday.  Then into service where they installed it, cleared computer for "manfunction check engine light" and had them check the tire pressure for me.  In and out in 30 minutes and then to post office to pick up my mail.  When I got home I made up a sign.  Threw it in a plastic sheet protector and duct taped it onto lock box.  I notified 7 neighbors of the issue in the last 24 hours. None of us notified by USPS.  Rant over.

I am sickened by the Bahamas' destruction.  Oh my Lord....it's heartbreaking.  Was chatting with another friend today and learned about the Celebration of Life service for Judy's husband.  Ann and I will attend together on the 17th of September.  Didn't realize he was a Vet and will be laid to rest with military honors at Ft. Snelling National Cemetery.

Holly, I certainly hope you are feeling much better today.  Stay far, far away from those peppers in the future.  Yikes.
Sorry that it interfered with your special day.  Hugs.  Great pic of you both at derby party.  

PJ, interesting on the internet issue.  Just more stuff hidden away until being exposed.  Makes me sick.  More importantly how is your honey's hand doing?

Cindy, you had a rough night and morning awakening.  Four and one half hours of sleep just doesn't cut it for sure.  Reminds me how sleep deprived I was with the bacterial pneumonia. Hope you are enjoying a nice meal out this evening.  You deserve it. 

Jamie, please check in and let us know if you are feeling better and enjoying some hot meals.  Worried about you.

Crunchie, how long is that research project you're working on going to last?  Glad you are a part of it with your robust caring for others' medical needs and remedies.  You inspire me and give me hope with the medical.

Speaking of Frank....any updates on how you are feeling?

Gem, here ya on the length of flight and pricing to Hawaii.  Been there once in my '20s.  Had a great time, but I prefer the duration of a four hour flight to MX.

Bernie, Bernie, Bernie.  Are you okay?? All of us are worried about you.  Stay safe.

Badger, saw another deal today at Booking Buddy for even less $$'s.  You crack me up.  Hope work is going well or better than expected.

Nipper, you stay safe as well.

Hola Bob.  Hope you made it home safely.

I know I am probably missing some other folks that have posted.  Lo siento.  I leave you with this sweet pic of my neighbor's daughter and her friend next to my healthy ash in front yard.  Such beauties. 

Be well everyone.  MB

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3796
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/05 18:15:06 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hope Dorian is kind to Bernie, saw a picture on the noon news of a water spout near Myrtle Beach.

Take a nap Cindy, they make you feel so good, even if just a series of small catnaps. Glad you are enjoying some cooler weather.

PJ, good luck with the internet install.

Holly, the book sounds interesting, would love to read it. Good luck with the new PC, having it all setup for you is the way to go for sure.

Badger must be keeping busy while the weather is good. Can't say I blame him, would do the same in his place.

Heat spell is supposed to end tomorrow or Saturday. It has been nice and hot, in the mid 80s near the coast where I live but Lordy is it humid! During the day is not so bad but trying to sleep is hard. Fire burning down near Riverside County, it's the season again I guess.

Interesting story on the news today and yesterday about a 7 year old boy named Ryan who is worth $22 million. He has a show or something called Ryan's Toy Review, started as a couple of You Tube videos that took off, think he now has a segment on Nick or something.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/05 19:01:18 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Me again.  Glad you are doing well Jamie.  Just got off the phone with Bernie.  Latest is he and Freddie are okay.  Power off and on even as we spoke.  His Sis, Debby, is fine, as of an hour ago.  Bernie has communication through an ATT "princess phone" that we chuckled about.  Just wanted to pass on the message,  Told him to keep in touch so I could pass on updates.  He appreciates all the concern.  MB

Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2447
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/05 19:09:35 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Oh my gosh, Bernie, please check in when you can.  It looks like the Carolinas are getting slammed!  So unpredictable!
MB sweet little neighbors.  Is that ash one of the Emerald Ash trees?  We have a big one in our side yard and it still looks great but have had it treated.  I think the cost of treating it every 2 years is more than taking it down!  It's a great shade tree, but also very messy with all the little branches that break and fall and the ton of leaves in the fall.  We'll give it another year...

Finally got my rear end fixed.  Not really happy with the results, as the estimate from the suggested repair shop was $700 more than the "virtual" estimate my Insurance carrier quoted after requesting I send photos of the damage.  ****? What happened to sending someone out to actually assess the damage.   Insurance guy said to get the repair done and the body shop would hash it out with insurance carrier.  So that's what I did, but I can still see scuffs in the paint.  Sure, it was only a bit of damage but, I expected it to be fixed back to what it was.  Now dealing with all the sh#t.  I was really hoping this would be my last vehicle and want to take care of it.  Getting tires tomorrow.  $500 less at Sam's club than the dealership for the exact same tire and my 5 year tire warranty will carry over for the run flats. Ugh...I really dislike vehicle upkeep.  Need to move to MX...it sounds better every day!
Surprise message today from another old LG friend.  Haven't heard from her for a few years.  She used to have a home in CC, but lost it during a bitter divorce.  It was a sad situation.  She's wanting to meet up in October. We'll see what happens.
Wow, I'm sounding like a Debi downer!  Over it now.  Sorry!  Hope everyone is safe and having a great night!
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/05 20:44:45 (permalink)
0 (2)
Evening all
I was going to post that I had talked with Bernie about 2 hours ago but MB has talked with him since.  The wind had picked  up and his power went out as I talked to him so he went and found his old "Princess Phone".  Looks like it's going to come very close to making landfall near his hood.  By now he should be getting off shore winds.

I'm still posting from the old lap top.  I did get a new one but haven't got my "favorites" into it yet.  Of course I will have to fight with the LG password thing.  I've messaged Whale with no avail... LOL   And I walked thru the LG site with others on the phone...where there is the CHANGE PASSWORD on other peoples page, I don't have it.   Neither do a couple of other people I know.  It's not my glasses.  I've looked.  Jan looked (and she don't miss much).  Anyway, It should be easier because I finally wrote down the jumbled mess you get when you RESET your password. 
I did get a mouse with the new lap top as I really never got the hang of the thumb pad.  Hopefully I can copy and paste again.  I know the keyboard commands.  It was the highlighting thing I could do.

I think Chris has finally come to grasp "THE RULES" about how many beers he can have that I find tolerable and my rule about eating before you drink.  He was extra good today.  I finally decided to have my Birthday meal of Maine lobster tails.  I had ordered 4.  We ate 2.  They were 8-10 Oz. size but one was a little bigger than the other.  I gave him the smaller one and I chose the bigger, but only ate half.  I'll make lobster mac and cheese with the rest.  They were VERY sweet!  I can say I've had as good but not as much for the same money.  The absolute best lobster I ever had was almost a contradiction of all rules of lobster.  #1 was location.  It was on the west coast in California on a trip with Robyn, aka Froggy and Deb, aka Scubabum.  It was Maine Lobster though.  #2 was size.  They say smaller lobster are more tender and sweet.  It was a 2.5 lb. lobster and they (yes, we had steaks and 5 of us split 2 lobsters!  Kinda.  Robyn didn't get a steak so she ordered her own but shared)wer ABSOLUTELY the best lobster ever.  I've had South African, New Zealand and Australian lobster as well as Maine, Pacific NW and warm water lobster.  I don't bother with warm water  lobster much anymore.  I'm carrying on...nevermind...LOL...memories of food!

Thanks for encouraging words regarding a book.  I read light hearted comical books with quirky characters.  A bit of romance, a bit of mystery and some funny situations/ stories.  What I'm writing will be pretty much that.  I hope I finally finish and actually try to get it published.  Who knows what will happen.  Mom always wanted to write and I did too.  I did take some creative writing courses in long ago college classes.  I can't weave all my stories into the same book but I finally came up with a plot where I can blend in most of the mexico stories.  Not all...there's way too many...heee hee!
BTW, my favorite author Dorthea benton Frank, who wrote so many Lowcountry  and Charleston set books, died on Sept, 2.  I've read and re read all of her books.  I'm so sadden.  I looked forward to her new book every year for a long time.  I will feel a big loss being deprived of her wit.  

See you all in the morning

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/06 06:33:21 (permalink)
-1 (3)
Good Morning
Bernie, praying you are safe.
Jamie, thanks for the thought, but I actually always feel lousy if I nap. Then again, the only times I remember napping were when I was sick with the flu or some such.

We watched the first little bit of the Packers/Bears game and it looked like the Bears would stomp the Pack. Was totally surprised at the score this morning, a win for the Packers!

I did something to my foot yesterday (my left foot that always hurts anyway) and it was so bad I finally dragged "the boot" out from the back of my closet and wore it for the remainder of the day. I think it helped, now I am back to just the normal pain. I dunno, maybe I should start thinking about a cane.

Those are sweet little girls, MB. But why do kids always have to do something weird with their hands for a photo?
Hola to all I didn't mention, need to get going. Have a great day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/06 08:32:25 (permalink)
+4 (4)
I'm alive and well !

Power just came back on and the bright sun is shinning.  Birds re chomping on the seed and two hummers are fighting over their feeder.  Haven't seen any damage from the back porch. I'll do a 'walk about' after I get dressed for the day.

Will catch y'all later.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/06 10:31:16 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Morning all

I slept late and loved it.  I woke up several times and just rolled over and went back to sleep.   I guess I was very tired.  

Bernie, glad to see you have power and are fine.  

Cute picture of the girls, MB.

GEM, I will if you will!  We could be neighbors!

Cindy, sorry about your foot.  Jan has a foot issue like that.  She also has to revert back to the BOOT sometimes too.
Dang, I forgot opening night of FOOTBALL.  Glad your team won!

I intend to get in the car and force myself to go to Walmart this morning.

It's going to be another HOT day.  Hotter than yesterday.  Real temp of 95 and maybe higher.  Heat index way over 100 again.  The pool is warming back up after the temp had dropped to 82.

Chris had the hot tub drained by the time I got up.  It's time to clean it and refill to get it ready for cooler temps, football and Chili.  Even though I hate to lose the pool once the temps drop, I do appreciate fall.  Just not too soon.  This hot time is not the weather the Farmer's Almanac predicted.  Sunday I will be glued to the Chiefs game no matter the weather.  I hope the Chiefs have a great season.  It could make January a tolerable month here.  I plan to head south again mid to late February.

Better get moving.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/09/06 11:35:05 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers! 
Sunshine and blue sky.  High temp in mid-90s.
Been outside dragging the hose and watering can.  Filling the hummingbird feeder.
Need to make a run to the dumping station today.  Get rid of the garbage.
First I need to bust down a bunch of cardboard boxes.  Get them out of the game/junk room.

Bernie,  so happy you are ok.  Imagine it was still a pretty worrisome night for you. 

MB,   The neighbor girls look so adorable and sweet!  Sorry about your mail delivery mess.
SJ's hand is still the same.  The neurologist moved the Aug. 30th appt. to Sept 19th.  Not happy about that!   

Cindy,  hope the foot pain goes away.   I've had something like a stone bruise on my right heel all summer.
Especially painful first thing in the morning or if I sit for a long spell.  This morning I pivoted on that foot while
preparing breakfast for the pets.  Something in center of my foot popped.  Hurt like h*ll for a bit. 
Now the foot doesn't hurt at all.  Strange. 

Crunch,  glad Tomas is doing better.  Sure hope your PITA subsides soon.  Hugs

Twirls,  you are a brave woman!  Walmart on a Friday????

Wishing everyone a great day!  

Page: << < ..10111012101310141015.. > >> Showing page 1011 of 1032
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5