AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..10061007100810091010.. > >> Showing page 1007 of 1019
Author
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/25 06:19:53 (permalink)
Folks, I have had to downsize over my life a few times, getting divorced and widowed will do that to you. I learned one thing however, never throw/give away toys or tools. I had a couple of bark shavers that folks could use to remove bark from logs for log cabins. My grandfather gave them to me. I've never worked on a log cabin, and even then, they come with the bark removed. So I sold them to a friend. I wish I still had them, just in memory of my grandfather, and as luck would have it, I did end up working on a log cabin that needed the bark cleanup....

I also sold an extra pair of small snow shoes, then I had a grandson come along who wanted to try it out. So, now, I am much more judicious about tools and toys. They have to irreparably broken for me to dispose of them. Even being retired, I can not imagine going out to my shop and not being able to build a replacement shelf for the shower stall. But I still have clutter and stuff. And it is in the way! I'll seek it out and dispose of it. 

Yesterday was interesting. I took my 2015 Honda CR-V to the (somewhat) local Toyota/Honda dealership, just to get a look at numbers on trading it in. Mine has 90K on it and is just getting into the time frame when all the major maintenance items are going to come due, etc... I figured I would just get a reality check on the numbers. Anyways, I thought I was getting the Toyota RAV-4. Looking at the vehicles and the options they came with and what I'd have to add, the new Honda CR-V actually worked better. So, we settle in on 2 Hondas and one Toyota to look at the numbers. I figured, here comes my reality check. 

I was shocked. I finally had enough equity in my car (admittedly, I put a lot of miles on, so that is hard). I also had a good deal of cash set aside for the expensive maintenance that I could use towards a down payment instead (I bankroll $100 a month and that covers oil, tires, brakes and everything else). The Toyota was a slight downgrade from my current vehicle, but I would be happy with it. The new CR-V was a slight upgrade (About $85.00 more bottom line), and the next level CR-V was a major upgrade ($5K more).

I'm looking at the numbers. They are giving me a little more in trade than Kelly online says I should expect. And a huge discount on the vehicle, of over 4K. I mean, the numbers work. Finally! They beat my budget. I didn't even try to negotiate the numbers down. (I'm a lousy negotiator anyways). It turns out that I have enough cash set aside for down payment, buy the extra things I want, like rubber floor mats (I'm a skier), pay the extra registration, and keep the same car payment for 5 years all over again. I mean, why wouldn't I?! I told him these numbers work and let's do it. So we settle in on the the Middle Honda. 

Then I tell him, I need to make sure this car fits in my garage with the kayaks on top. I need to go back home, get out the tape measure and level, and measure the two vehicles, the new one is slightly taller. He says he can get the final bank numbers on Monday. Those are the only two things preventing this deal from going thru. I get home, and the car fits, with an inch or two to spare! Then I realize, I came home with nothing in writing on the numbers. He has all the paperwork. OH NO!!!! I am all set up for the old switcheroo! It has happened to me before, most recently in 2014 at another dealership. I traded that vehicle in at this dealership and found them to be an upright car dealership. I hope that holds. I wrote down the numbers I remembered and if it is all good, I'll have a new car, if not, I'm walking. Why do I do this to myself, walk away without any paperwork...... Oh well, I've done it now and either the salesman is good for his word, or I don't get a new car. 

Now for some fun stuff about the car. It's sitting in my driveway, right now, for the weekend. They are cleaning out remaining inventory, only 5 left. It's the end of the month, so, sales incentive??? It has all the new safety features. Lane assist, which I was playing with when the road was empty. if you go to cross the line on either side, it pulses the steering wheel 3 times to put you back in your lane. You can easily overcome this, say, if you were changing lanes without your signal. Turn your signal on, and this doesn't happen. Then.... I tried letting it drive itself. Yes, I took my hands off the wheel. Only 2 inches away in case it didn't work. On these windy hilly roads, it steered the car right thru the curves! I took the wheel back, and I could feel it driving for me, slowly anticipating the curves. It only works when it can see the lines, so snow and rain and worn lines on the road, this doesn't work. I actually like it!

Anyways, tomorrow will be interesting. Will I own a car or won't I? I'm betting the salesman comes thru with the same numbers. Who's betting against that?! LOL! We'll see. 

Lovin life,
Bob

janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/25 07:33:50 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Badger
Good Morning Puppies, it's Sunday.

Cute doggie, JJ (and those toenails, too.).

Frank, please let us know how the acupuncture goes, I managed to acupuncture a finger with a nail gun a couple of days ago.

1. those are Mr. JJ's toes.  (just kidding)
2. That made you forget about your back pain.  See Frank, Acupuncture works!

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/25 07:51:05 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Badger----Did the same thing back in 2015 helping my son build some shelving in his basement.  Quarter inch back and I probably would have been in deep dodo!  Emergency Room cut it out with a Dremel tool.  The nurse made the doc stop so she could go get her phone out of her purse.  She said she would add it to her collection of weird stuff she's seen while working the ER.

Congrats UHC----Sounds like you'll be driving a new ride tomorrow.  Personally I don't care much for the new cars or trucks.  Too many gadgets like that lane assist, backup assist, etc.  To me it has driven the prices thru the roof and the stuff is just another thing to go out.  Ever price out just a key these days? (that is if it has a key).   Last summer I bought a 2015 Toyota Tacoma and it has too many extras on it.  But you can't find any that are stripped as most of the extras come standard with the vehicle, hence the high costs of vehicles today.
post edited by CallMeFrank - 2019/08/25 08:08:21
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/25 08:24:38 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Cloudy today with thunderstorms off and on throughout the day. Current temp 70F at 7:24 with an expected high of 82 degrees. I didn't get to try my walk around the neighborhood yesterday evening due to the storms.

Not much activity yesterday. Spot treated the weeds in the morning. I have always been super careful when mixing the Roundup in the sprayer. I also wash my hands thoroughly after spraying and do not apply the weed killer in the wind. I be good boy, Badger.  After taking care of the weeds I vacuumed out the truck flooring and washed the mats; left the mats in the sun to dry and then took my shower for lunch at Fibber's ( of course ). When I got home I started a load of laundry and watched some of the golf game on TV. Didn't see too much golf as I fell asleep in the easy chair with Freddie. She also loves to nap when there is a good golf game on the tube.

Since today will be rainy, I'll probably spend some time paying all the bills. My property tax on the house is due Sept. 1st, car insurance is due in September plus Wind and Hail coverage on the home is due ( wind & hail is separate policy than the standard home policy; it's like hurricane insurance ). You might wonder why so may larger payments come due in September ? That's when I moved to North Carolina and purchased my house. Oh, I forgot another big one : 3rd quarter Estimated State and Federal tax are due on Sept. 15th. Please, no pity is required, as I try to look at the bright side of September : I charge all of those costs to earn miles on the A/A credit card account for points towards a tropical vacation next year. Whee ha !

PJ, good news on Cudi.  Happy vacation to you and hubby. Please tell him I said Happy Birthday.

Crunch, bummer on results for Thomas. Maybe it takes some time ?

Jamie, you made me laugh. Those ARE pizzas placed on top of those plants. ha,ha,ha.

Got to chat a bit with Holly yesterday after her post. I just wanted to try and cheer her up some. We wound up talking about some funny events we had together in Mexico. Laughed pretty hard about the one when the 'wave' hit our rental car on the way back to the airport and I got soaked through the open window.

Hey jj, long time no see. Cute little doggie. Like Badger said, toenails looking pretty spiffy. Oops, you snuck in another post jj. Funny. Made me laugh and I was thinking that Mr jj had some real smooth looking legs. Probably has to shave them for medical reasons. hee,hee

Bob, if you are dealing with a small family owned dealer, they will come through for you. Good luck !

Frank, yuck !

Time to get going.
See y'all. Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/25 11:00:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Overslept this morning, had to take care of the doggies and get ready for church, then we had a couple of stops to make before home and some breakfast. 
Cute pup, JJ! And nice toenails, too.

All this talk about nails & nailguns made me remember a story from years ago. Young guy we knew (he was dating a co-worker of mine), told us how he was working on putting the subfloor in a new build. Got distracted and shot a nail right through his shoe, foot, and the sub floor. Other guys cut the flooring around his boot and took him to the ER. The first nurse to take a look, and this is the truth, said "why didn't you stop pounding the nail?"

Lovely sunny day here today, slight chance of rain overnight, then T-storms tomorrow. So I need to get cracking and pull some more weeds today. Yesterday, I was working on repairing an area that the dogs kept digging up. Finally gathered up a bunch of the dog poop and threw it in there, then covered the area with chicken wire, and topped it off with fresh mulch. Hope that stops Sophie (the ring leader of naughtiness) from digging in there. I have a big clump of daylilies in that spot, and while I was there, began pulling out the spent bloom stems and the yellow underside leaves. All of a sudden, I remembered that just the day before when I had mowed there I saw the biggest garter snake I had ever seen slither under that same daylily. A jump-back Jack moment for sure. Seriously, that snake was at least and inch and a half diameter and a good 2&1/2-3ft long. I've only ever seen skinny little 1 footers here before. I can only hope he is dining on those pesky ground squirrels.

On that note, Hola to all, have a snake free day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/25 11:28:51 (permalink)
+1 (1)
ChrisandCindy

On that note, Hola to all, have a snake free day!
Cindy

I'll 2nd that!  Hate snakes
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/25 12:51:12 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Morning all
Sorry to have been a Debbi Downer lately.  I dislike August for many reasons.

Yes, Bernie and I LOL about many adventures in Mexico.  He actually called to point out that in my previous post I made it sound like I needed to get rid of Bob and MB, instead of joining Bob and MB in the process of clearing out stuff.   Sorry Bob ad MB for my faux pas.  I did enjoy the call.

Sorry if I didn't answer other calls later.  I tried to stay busy and didn't feel like talking much.

I refrained from smoking and drinking yesterday.  I wanted a clear head.  Plus the air is very cool but so moist you feel like you are wearing the air.  (Claire, thanks for that description I stole, because it's very accurate)  It's also ragweed season so I'm suffering congestion which is worse with this stagnant air.  The temp was barely above 70 so way to cool to turn on the A/C to take the humidity out of the house.
   I woke up feeling pretty decent.  Mamma Mia was the movie on the TV when I turned it on.  I don't particularly like the musical thing but I thought the action, music and scenery would at least be uplifting.  It would have been a great story with good actors without ALL of the singing.  IMO anyway.  

I did get some painting done on the display case yesterday but now I need to give it a light sanding and do another coat.  I plan to do that today.

I watched the KC game football last night.  Mahomes ran the ball and took a dive and the whole crowd fell silent praying he wasn't injured.  Not at all but he doesn't need to prove himself but the 2 others needed the practice.  We lost but it doesn't count.  SF played their first string QB.  

Chris finally took the bird's eggs away.  Bird had given up sitting on them.  Poor thing.  She doesn't realize they will never hatch because there is no daddy bird.  That little bird had 10 eggs!  Since she's been here, she's had more each time.

Crunch and PJ, I certainly hope and pray that Thomas and SJ improve very soon.  
Jamie, you too!  Force feed little amounts.  It works eventually.  

Frank, good luck with the acupuncture.  It helped me once with a shoulder / neck problem.

Cindy, I hope that deters Sophie from being in that area.  I would certainly stay away from it!  I've been doing the same with my day lilies. That's how I ended up falling off the wall!  Chris did the rest of the ones in back.  Still have a few out front that now need attention.

HI JJ and Mr Mark!  Your new pup is a cutie.  I think you have beautiful feet, JJ!

Last night I dreamed of Lucy, who was my several time companion to Mexico in the early years starting in 1998. 
In the process of clearing out and organizing stuff, I had sorted through old pictures yesterday. I'm keeping the best ones and tossing many.  Who needs 15 pics of the same scenic views of anything?  I have so many of my mom doing goofy things and I kept all those.  The pics of PDC back in the day make it hard to see the current PDC or Akumal.  Puerto Morelos has changed a lot too but perhaps for the better, I think.  At least accommodations have improved and the reef is still beautiful.  The NO SNORKELING FROM SHORE rule of so many years made a difference.  Of course the reef is much farther out too so snorkeling from shore is not appealing.  There isn't much to see until you reach the reef and the draw of turtle sighting isn't so advertised.  I know turtles nest there but not as many.  I wonder the reason.

I'm rambling again.

Badger, take a break today!
post edited by TwirleyB - 2019/08/25 12:52:49
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/25 15:33:48 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Today, we took a slacker's hike. Only 500 feet of elevation gain and 4 miles, because we rode a ski lift most of the way up at Sunday River Ski Resort! What a nice day and some great views to be had!

I have to laugh at this scientific experiment. This is the second year this experiment has run, you can see the outline of last year's experiment!

They are inviting you to come up and enjoy a picnic, this table is locate atop Locke Mt, near Bim's Whim ski trail.

Memorial to Claude. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claus_Wiese

Memorial Bench. The story behind this bench is that a ski patroller and his wife worked at Sunday River. She died of Cancer and this bench was placed here in her memory. 

Twirley, I took zero offense and clearly understood what you were intending! LOL!

Nails from nail guns. In all my years, I have managed to NOT hit the air hose with the gun, but I did once shoot myself, although it barely counts. I thought I had my hand far enough to the side, but wood grain, doing what it sometimes does, redirected the nail out the side and hit my thumbnail, pushing my thumb over. No penetration, fortunately, but it smartened me up. I can always use that! 

Now, I did step on a nail or two. I used to be in the habit of bending over nails with my boot. I'd step on the nail, then apply sideways pressure to bend the nail over. One time, it did not bend over and went right up thru my boot. That also smartened me up after walking with a limp for a week. 

Gonna run, have a great day all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/25 17:22:54 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  69 now and rain on the way.  Church this morning.  Did some grocery shopping and then returns to Home Goods and a quick stop at TJ on the way home.  Been looking for something to set on small occasional table in upstairs hallway. Can't decide, so feedback is welcome.

Found another beautiful fall runner for dining room table but it is 16 x 80" and too long unfortunately.  The lighter gilded maple one is 14 x 72. 

Chair pads for DR chairs, but I would need to find an additional 4-pack at another Home Goods store.  Haven't decided if I want to pursue or not.  

Really like the small set of stoneware canisters I found and incorporated with old glass jars, etc.

JJ, Lola is a beauty.  She has the sweetest little face.  I'm sure she will bring many years of joy to you both.

Glad to hear you are doing better today Holly.  I know this is a tough month for you.  Hugs sent your way and by no means any offense taken whatsoever.  Actually, never gave it a thought.

PJ, so happy to hear Cudi is on the mend and you can do your get away.  Happy birthday to your hubby.  Have fun.

Badger, I'm still here.  Hope your day went well.  No more of that kind of acupuncture.

Speaking of which Frank....I'm having a tough time getting that image out of my mind. Ugh.  

Cindy, hope you got some lawn work in.  I tackled yard patrol with those PITA two walnut trees and filled up another 5 gallon pail and then trimmed up the Weigela.  Cut out a lot of dead wood and tried to reshape the best I could.   Anticipating about an inch of rain here this evening into tomorrow.  

Bernie, hope you are back 100% health wise soon  Wonder where those stray cats call home?  Cats cannot run free here.  Must be on a harness with leash.  City ordinance.  I apologize if I have noted this before.

Kim, I'm still hopeful that Tom's treatment provides some relief.  Keep us posted.

Bob, you sure do live in some pretty country and thanks, as always, for the gorgeous pics.  Good luck on the new vehicle tomorrow.  Hope it all works out to your liking.  

Met another family member of new neighbors last evening, Victor, the homeowner's brother.  Family originally from Liberia.  

Hi to all I've missed. MB  
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/08/25 18:04:23

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/26 05:39:54 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Pouring down rain. Had to forcibly drag Sophie out the door. But she failed to take care of business outside, so there was a lot of "BAD DOG" inside when she immediately did do her business.

MB, I like both runners. It would be an easy fix to shorten the one that is too long, provided you have a sewing machine. If it were me, I'd keep both. Seems like finding a runner I like is always difficult. If you don't sew at all, maybe you have a friend or neighbor who could do it for you, for cookies or lunch out? As for the little table, I like the orchids better. (Assume they are silk?)

Hope PJ and hubby have a lovely relaxing get away, and that SJ's hand isn't bothering him too much.

Another laundry day. Sigh. Oh well, best get at it. Hope we get a few breaks in the rain later today.
Have a great day all,
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/26 06:02:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Bad Dogs, it's Moanday.

JJ, you made me laugh.

Bernie, sorry,  but I don't like those weed killing chemicals anywhere around me, poison that strong should be banned IMO.

MB, looks lovely!

Twirls, glad I gave you a laugh with the Friday Funnies.

Lots of rain up here today also, need the rain, but it's screwing up my work schedule.

Wag more....bark less.
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29466
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/26 06:40:15 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Oh Frank - ouch!

MB - I like the one on the right for some reason. Both are nice, but the one on the right just appeals more.

Good luck getting the new ride Bob.

My work is always here rain or shine ha ha. Hope your schedule does not get too messed up Badger.

That Sophie! Tuco hates the rain and will not go either, but luckily, he holds it until it stops and he goes outside and pees.  

Thinking of you Twirley. At least August is almost over.

Only 100 here today lol.

Got to run!
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/26 07:58:26 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy and good morning all.

Partly cloudy skies forecast for today. Current temp is 68F at 7:37 and beach high today 84 degrees.

Yesterday was somewhat mundane. Got the bills paid and went to a new to me restaurant for lunch named Maverics Pointe in the town of Sunset Beach. I wanted to try a place as an alternate to Fibber's which is closed on Sundays now and soon to be closed both Sundays and Mondays starting Labor Day. For lunch I had a cheeseburger that was very good. They have a nice-sized bar that the bar tender says is busy on Friday and Saturday nights. Hmmm. Might be worth checking the activity when a band is playing on those two nights.

No rain today in the forecast so I can do a little yard work and maybe finally start walking again.

MB, thank you for the pictures of your home. I like the lighter color runner against the darker wood of the table and it fits. No, I'm not 100% yet. My skin is not cleared from Shingles and there is still nerve pain present but I can handle it. Those cats come and go from the woods behind my house, so I believe they live around the homes on the other side of the woods. Cats and dogs are supposed to be confined to one's property but outdoor cats wander around; it's what they do. I plan to chat with Blaine to see if he wants to call the County to set traps again. Our County has a large facility that always has a vet on staff that will "fix" them, give the necessary shots and treat for fleas if needed or any other injuries. They are also a 'no kill' facility that will find all the animals a new home if no one claims the animals. If an owner does show up to get their pet, they must register their address and pay a $55 fee to get them back.

Thanks for the pictures, Bob. What is the nature of the experiment in that picture by the bull wheel ?

Badger, no problem. I promise not to use them anywhere near you. hee,hee. Seriously though, I am surprised that the Roundup chemical hasn't been banned yet.

Hi Crunch

Coffee all gone. Catch y'all later.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/26 08:25:19 (permalink)
Beach Bernie
  Thanks for the pictures, Bob. What is the nature of the experiment in that picture by the bull wheel ?

Bernie

Bernie, that is a peep (An Easter marshmallow treat), nailed to the 4 by 4 in the sun to see just how long it lasts. I believe it was set up in Early April of this year and it has lasted this long. Very similar to checking to see how long Twinkies last! All in fun! LOL!

Lovin life,
Bob

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5525
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/26 11:20:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Mornin BCrs

Looks like we are in for a full week of sunshine, the trees around here have drying going on.  

JJ welcome to the puppy zone, congrats on your wee one.  Glad Woody is coming around, Lola is soosoo cute!!!

Enjoy your trip PJ so glad you didn't cancel, dogs can get the weirdest injuries, glad she is OK. Please pass along a Happy Birthday wish to SJ, relax and enjoy the beach.

BeBe vinegar is my go to solution for sink sprayers and shower heads. Dislike harsh chemicals, CLR and roundup. 

Frank have had Acupuncture with a traditional Chinese method and it did help a ton.  Its very cool to feel the vibration type feeling when they hit the point and helped with pain.  Worth a try to see if it helps.

MB my goodness those reno bills suck, your place looks great.

Weird dreams Twirls.

Kids enjoyed their camping time here, seemed like I was cooking and cleaning lots. We did the typical stuff, roasted marshmallows' etc.. Funny thing happened, our son was out with his dog in the orchard and met our neighbour, -was talking small about the rain this week as they are camping.  Out walks his SIL who is the chief meteorologist for the local TV station... LOL 

Hope Tomas gets some movement back soon. 

Congrats on the new vehicle UHK, pretty cool bells and whistles!

Badger it smelt like fall here too the other night, some of the trees are starting to show a little fall brown.  This week is all sun, so last kick at summer here, kids are back to school next week. Looked into that generator, that model is an expensive wow - exactly what we need. TY  

What a lovely garden to enjoy with the grands C&C.  Love my yellow zucchini plant, however one of my yellow zuke plants reverted back to green... 

Gem I'm glad to hear the meds are helping your Mom. Hope you two birthday girls had fun at the game on Sat.

Jamie feel better soon.

Hey Mapes you two still enjoying vacation time?

DH left for the island early this morning to visit the folks and take his Dad to Drs.

Got to skoot, everyone else make it a gooder.

Arrived and enjoying the Roo!
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/26 11:44:47 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Late morning to all

Although I didn't go to bed late, I did sleep late.  I stayed pretty busy yesterday so I guess I was tired.  

We have some sunshine peeking through clouds for awhile today.  By 5pm it clouds up again and a big line of storms is expected by bedtime.  It's much warmer and muggy.

Last night I made a list of stuff to do today and I haven't done anything so far.  I may get out for awhile.  BIG LOTS is having an early sale on fall decor and clearance on summer stuff.  Haven't been there for a long time and might check it out.

MB, 2nd vote for the orchids.  

I got nothing else.
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/26 12:26:48 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Hi Soso!
Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2447
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/26 16:27:21 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Holly, looked what popped up on my FB memories today!  We had so much fun!

Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2447
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/26 16:39:37 (permalink)
+2 (2)

Finally got our girls trip to Houston booked for Thanksgiving.  We'll be there for 5 days, I can't wait to get my hands on those grandkids.  Facetime just doesn't do it for me.  Going to be a girls trip with just Shana and me.  I'm so excited and was lucky to get a pretty good price on airfare, considering the holiday.  Only thing is, we're flying United.  But after the last few times with AA, I refuse to give them my business, and actually, United's price was much cheaper and the flight times are perfect.  Couldn't find anything with Delta except with a layover in Atlanta and the price was much higher, although that's my preferred airline.
Tatt and I are flying Delta to Akumal in October.  Layover for that is Atlanta also, but that'll be ok.  Looking forward to that as well.
Had so much fun with Shana at the Cubs game on Saturday.  We had a beautiful hotel in Skokie and Ubered to and back from the game.  It was a good time.
That little Lola puppy is just adorable!
PJ, glad you were able to make your trip, hope you're having fun!
MB, I agree about the orchids.  I think the height makes them the better choice.  Love both table runners.  
Badger, have you decided when you need to see the dentist yet?
Holly, all the photos from our visit last year came up on my FB memories yesterday.  That was such a fun trip, I'd love to do it again.
Hope everyone is on their feet and doing well.

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Clubhom 2019/08/26 18:46:40 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  Not sure where the day went.  65 and partly cloudy.  Just checked the rain gauge....3.5". That can't be right.  Local news said about 1+ so I am thinking I didn't empty out the gauge from prior rain event. Today was uneventful.  Got Maya up to vets for nail trimming, weight and chin acne check.  Weight stabilized at 9 lbs. and chin was cleaned with hydrogen peroxide. Hope this is not going to be an ongoing issue.

Geez, can you believe a boat on the Zumbro river here got to close to a dam.  One jumped off and the other 3 went over the dam on the pontoon.  Can't believe all survived with minimal injuries.  Driver charged with DWI and this happened at 11 pm last evening.  Being a former boater, on the Mississippi,can't believe what cra-cras are still out there.  Got all the floors cleaned and did a small load of wash with princess Maya's baby blankets.  

Thanks gals for the feedback.

Gem, great on the Houston flights.  That's a great pic from last year with Holly.  Not big on Delta myself. Rather fly Sun Country out of MSP with easier in/out and on time unlike previous experiences with Delta, formerly Northwest Airlines.

Bernie, sorry that you are still having some nerve pain.  Curious though because of the duration of healing was quite different from one health professional to the other.  

Cindy, apparently I need a brain scan. I have sewn for years, but not recently.  I can certainly shorten that runner.  Totally blanked it out.  Can't remember the last time I had that portable machine out and hope I remember how to thread it.  

Hi SoSo.  Thanks for checking in.  How are things going with Glen's parents?  Difficult times for sure.  Need a few more pics of Zoey.

Jamie, I wish you would check in more regularly being alone.  Are you feeling any better?  Appetite and strength?  Really hope your neighbors are advocates for you checking in.  Hugs, girl.

Badger, you sneaky one.  I have a hunch you are up to something.  Not sure why.

Who am I missing?  Lo siento.  Sama, MB

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Clubhom 2019/08/27 04:44:25 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Snake Haters, it's Twosday.

Great photo Gem!

SoSo, yes, that Honda generator is not cheap, but it is very well built, quiet, easy on fuel, easy to start, and most important, dependable.

MB, we have been dreaming about a trip, and we're still dreaming. I saw some recent flights from MSP to CUN on both Sun Country and Delta for just over $300. I can't figure out why flights are so much more expensive for Crunch and Tomas flying from Dallas.

Rain held off here until late afternoon, so I managed to get a full days work in, forecast is for more rain & thunderstorms late today.

Wag more....bark less.
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Clubhom 2019/08/27 05:57:07 (permalink)
Good morning folks. 

Yesterday, the car buying went off without a hitch, numbers did not change, smooth and uneventful, though they did give me the hard sell for an extended warranty. Which I declined. I have never bought an extended warranty on a car, and by now, I have saved enough to almost buy a new car if something does go bad. I have 3 year 30000 mile bumper to bumper, and 5 year 50000 drive train anyways. 

Last night was all about setting up the car, learning it's features (So many new features) and ordering the extras I want and need. A rubber cargo tray to collect the water from melting snow off the skis, rubber floor mats from Weathertech, trailer hitch, etc... I still have a couple more items to order, such as the Thule racks so I can carry my kayaks. But I am going to wait for the credit card to clear. I have a rewards card with LL Bean, so I'll use the rewards I am rapidly gaining this month with the purchase of the car, to take some of the sting out of buying the Thule racks. (I had been using factory racks, but they are not offered in my model anymore for a reasonable price.)

Love that new car smell!

Early in the morning, my lady had an appointment down in the big city (Lewiston) and she figured to go early to see her cousin, who is quite elderly and sort of a shut in. Very nice person. She came over and dragged me to my garden and said her cousin would love some fresh vegetables. So we picked some pod peas, peppers, tomatoes, zucchini and string beans to give her some fresh veggies! I've cut way back on my garden and I still have plenty to share!

Today will take us to Bretton Woods Ski resort. They have a pretty good deal where you can ride the ski lift to the top and get a meal at their new restaurant for something like $24.00 per person. It's a nice day out so the views should be pretty good! Slacker's hike today! My buddy who I helped change over his deck, is treating us, and this sounded like real fun! Pictures will be forthcoming!

Speaking of pictures, I love seeing Bernie's pictures. They remind me of my youth. I would visit my grandmother in Virginia Beach, 6 blocks from the beach. It was not so built up as it is now, very commercial. It used to look like what Bernie gets to see every day. Bernie, keep those pictures coming!

Gem, grandkids are great, eh?

MB, I love your home decorating!

Gotta get a few things done!

Have a great day all!

Lovin life,
Bob

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Clubhom 2019/08/27 06:15:47 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
It pretty much rained here all day yesterday. Woke to a downpour, then it tapered off to a drizzle, repeat, repeat, etc. Have not checked the rain gauge yet, still dark out.

All our bedrooms are upstairs. Mostly I keep the guest rooms closed. Yesterday, I wanted to strip those beds and change the sheets. Turned the hall light on and got a shocker. Sometime, have no idea when since it is usually a dark hallway, Sophie CHEWED INTO THE WALL! Pile of paint flakes and drywall dust on the carpet. What the? That dog must have a cast iron stomach. I hope spackling will take care of it, but have not tried yet. Anybody want a dog? Kept her on a short leash yesterday.

Sun is supposed to come back today. DIL is bringing the kids up again today; hope the grass is not too soggy for outside time. More berry picking and produce gathering. Watching the hazelnuts carefully, the pods look ready to open. When they do, the nuts start to fall, so may be picking those today, too.

Just went for a coffee refill. 2 inches in the rain gauge.
Have a wonderful day, all!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Clubhom 2019/08/27 06:40:52 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Sudden storm here this am. Actually chilly and rainy and windy and lightning. Poor Tuco is home and unhappy I am sure.

Congrats on the new car and fun day today Bobski. Hola to your lady.

Great pic of you ladies Gem.

Bernie - I am so sorry you are still in pain. I can relate. Although much better than the hell I went through for the last year I feel like I still have a constant tooth ache in my right buttock along the sciatic nerve line and sitting is better (meaning I can actually do it ha ha), butt still hurts. I think we are both due for relief and I want to throw poor Frank in the mix too along with Twirley.

Jamie - hoping you are feeling better and getting some good calories into your system.

Soso - how are things going with Sundoggies parents? I know you guys are having a tough summer. What is Zoey weighing in at?

MB - good luck with sewing. I am allergic  and incompetent any way.

Badger - it is ridiculous. AA's hub so they control it all. This am Tomas said it was almost 800 bucks per person DFW to Cancun in coach. Sheesh.

Cindy - have fun with the grands and thanks for reminding me why I avoid puppies.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Clubhom 2019/08/27 08:29:59 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Sun trying to poke it's head out this AM but is struggling a bit. Weather man says mostly sunny with a beach high of 85 degrees. Our current humid temp is 70F at 7:31

Yesterday I started my outside activity repairing the damage caused by a guy from Brunswick Electric. I spotted him last week as he was looking at the wiring on the street light pole that sits roughly between my lot and Blaine's property, surround by my decorative rock. I didn't pay much attention to him as it was the day I had my doctor's appointment and I didn't have the time to ask what he was doing. When I got back home the electric truck was gone and two holes had been dug. One on the outside of the edging and another on the side with all my pretty rocks. Looked like the worker just piled all the dirt ON TOP of the rocks. Arrrggg. I decided to just repair all the damage myself rather than calling the electric company and waiting for who knows when they would show up. Besides, I know I would do a better job. Took almost an hour to clean the rocks out of the two holes, rake the surrounding rock into piles, get about 1/2 load of dirt from a big pile I have on the edge of the woods, fill the two holes with dirt, tamp down the dirt, cut some new replacement fabric weed barrier and shovel the piles of rock over the weed barrier. Looks pretty nice.

After that yard work I cleaned up for the day and treated myself to a BLT at Fibber's. After lunch I stopped at Food Lion to buy some sale items. I pulled one on my bird feeders off the holed and soaked it an a 5 gallon bucket filled with water and a little Clorox. It cleaned up real nice and remove all of the 'gunk' that was rotting in the bottom of the feeder. Rinsed it out with the hose and soaked it in a 2nd bucket with clear water only. I'll set in out in the sun today to dry before it is refilled with seed and returned to service.  Chet spotted me in the front yard and came over to say 'hi' and to see how I was doing. We wound up have a couple of beers together and catching up on stuff.  Freddie really likes Chet because she can smell his two cats on him. She will rub all over his tennis shoes to 'mark' them. Funny. Never did make it to walk the neighborhood last evening.

Today is nada planned.  Maybe I will try a short walk on the beach.

Hi SoSo. Sounds like you had a fun time with your kids. I use white vinegar when I clean out the humming bird feeder. Does require a lot of rinse water to remove the vinegar smell though. Please tell Glen I say 'hi'.

Gem, fun picture of the three of you. Thanks.  Glad you finally got the good flights for your Thanksgiving trip. I haven't flown United in a long time but I knew that Houston became a major hub when they merged with Continental several years ago.  

MB, don't know what to say about the comments by the P.A. vs. what my regular doctor told me. My doctor is a little older and perhaps has treated more cases of Shingles ?  Regina ( Doug's wife ), strolled 2 doors down yesterday when Chet and I were talking in my driveway. She still works as a RN and wanted to see how my Shingles was doing. Her comment was that shingles can last for up to a year for some people. Yikes.

Badger, I have heard from people that owned Honda generators in the past that they make a good product. Never owned one myself.

Bob, happy to hear all went well on the new car purchase. You and your lady enjoy tonight's dinner atop of the ski mountain. I will try to get you some more ocean/beach pictures.

Cindy, Sophie has been a bad girl ! She must have really wanted to see what was in that bedroom. Do you have several 'raw hide' bones laying around the house ? Maybe an old wheelbarrow tire ? hee,hee

Crunch, getting older is like a car that has high mileage. hee,hee. I'm still PO'ed at myself for not pursuing the shingle's vaccine outside this smaller marker. It would have been well worth the drive to Myrtle Beach. My bad. $800 bucks r/t out of DFW to CUN is insane !

That's it for today.
See y'all,
Bernie

post edited by Beach Bernie - 2019/08/27 08:31:27

Weekend at Bernie's
Page: << < ..10061007100810091010.. > >> Showing page 1007 of 1019
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5