AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..10061007100810091010.. > >> Showing page 1006 of 1031
Author
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/23 06:04:58 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
I'm still rather sleep groggy. Like cobwebs in the brain groggy.
Jamie, HYDRATE! Twirls made some good recommendations. I like some of the flavored sparkling waters, too, but mostly like the citrus green tea or peach green tea. There was a sale on the "Bubly" sparkling water, so I gave it a try. Blech. I think my fav is the "Ice" mango-orange.  And like Twirls said, try to eat more of the high carb foods like pasta and bread. And GET WELL!

I got nuthin' else, have a great day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/23 06:07:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hmmmmm.... I just saw these plants. If I can get some seeds, I may not reduce the size of my garden next year!

Lovin life,
Bob

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29469
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/23 06:43:11 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Bernie - so sorry to hear about the lady. She seems exercise obsessed. 3 to 5 hours a day? Wow.

Jamie - your doc is right and you need to gain weight for your immune system. Get cracking! Like Bob, my problem is the opposite. Wish I could send you some. Feel better soon.

Badger - 38? Wow! That is nuts. Our low is 83 lol!

Poor SJ - hope his hand just starts recovering on its own.

Twirley - those new blooms sound so pretty. You eat too. MB also. Nobody has ever told me to eat more 

Tomas did fine yesterday and now we wait to see if it works. He would love to be able to turn his head to the right again.

Got a *&$^# screw in my tire on the way to work. I heard it in the last mile and when I got to work I pulled it out.  Hopefully, it will not be a totally flat tire when I leave work today. Grrr. Almost brand new tires too.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/23 08:06:43 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy and good morning all.

Mostly sunny in the forecast for the day. Beach folks should be happy with a high of 86 degrees. I couldn't believe my temperature gauge was reading 80 degrees when I got up at 6:45. Freddie went out on the porch after eating and looked up at me to say "man, it's hot and humid out here, dude". I agreed.

Yesterday I made my standard trip to Fibber's for lunch. I ordered something a little different : toasted cheddar cheese sandwich with tomatoes and crisp bacon. Very yummy. Finally finished cutting the last bit of lawn in the back yard about 40 minutes before dark. Heat and humid conditions made this week's cutting a little more difficult and the previous week was a lot of pretty heavy rains. 

Today I will check the air return filters for replacement. Two downstairs and one upstairs. Already have the new filters, as I make it a habit to buy a couple of 3-packs at a time. I also want to clean my shower head in the master bathroom. In the past I have used some premixed Oxiclean in a Ziploc quart sized bag after removing the head. This is a little bit of a hassle to remove and replace the shower head. Today I want see if I can use some Clorox Cleaner plus Bleach in a spray bottle. Little easier to spray in a small area but I need to call the manufacturer first to see if this product will hurt the rubber on the head.  Any other suggestions ?

Cindy, getting hard to find things that are NOT made in China. Spotted a different ad on TV for a German made set of hearing aids but couldn't hear what they saying. Hee,hee

PJ, thanks for your kind words concerning finding a lady friend. It's easy to get disappointed with on-line dating but I generally keep a good positive attitude.

Darn Jamie. Your weight loss doesn't sound good. Hope you can regain some pounds soon.

Pretty funny, Badger. " A quarter to six ". Made me chuckle.

Bob, I always thought Bar Harbor was a famous bar !

Holly, I haven't walked to exercise for almost 6 weeks now. Shingles has sapped my strength and I can't wait to get back into my routine.

Yes Crunch, that is excessive. I did ask but maybe she was a lot heavier in the past ? Moot at this point. Glad to hear that Tomas did well.

Bob, let me know if you find those seeds !!

I'm outta here.
See Y'all.
Bernie
post edited by Beach Bernie - 2019/08/23 08:08:57

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/23 08:23:51 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Cindy, Me too.  Sleep groggy, that is.

I woke up startled from one of the craziest dreams ever!  Seems there there was a miscellaneous group of people gathered at some kind of a lake cabin/camping resort. LG Brigie and Mona were there as well as my mom, brother and Jay's son, and others.  I was apparently elected to go on a driving mission to retrieve someone or something.   It was quite a distance, like hours away.  I left early and remember Mom walking me to the car and asking my brother to put my stuff in the car.  I was taking an overnight bag and my purse.  I drove a few hours down back country roads.  I think I was going somewhere near Memphis... maybe.  All of a sudden I realized I didn't know where I was so I pulled over to look at the directions and map in my purse.  I didn't have MY purse.  I had Birg's purse!  I had nothing of mine, it was all Birg's.  I wasn't even in my car.  I don't know who's car it was.  So I didn't have any money.  I had a wallet with someone else's credit cards and ID.  There was a briefcase with a bunch of strange foreign currency and a travel itinerary with info about a beautiful tropical sailing cruise, wish i wished I could go on.  I didn't know where I was or where I was going or what to do.  I was almost out of gas.  I drove till I got to little podunk town.  I had a phone that wasn't mine and I didn't know how to use it.  I got someone in a gas station to help me use the phone.  I called back to the group and got Jay's son.  He did't know where Jay was and he didn't know who Birg was.  I sent him to get someone, particularly Birg since I had her wallet and phone, to figure out what I could do.  I was waiting for someone to call me back when I noticed the phone battery was very low and I didn't know if there was a charger in the car!  I was in such a panic waiting that I woke myself up.  THANK GOODNESS!  It was almost light here and I need to talk myself out of that dream.  Badger was the only one I could think of to call so I did.  Thanks Badger!  He LOL while I talked myself down!  WHEW!  Cindy, if Badger hadn't answered, I was calling you next.  Badger said "Don't eat spicy Mexican food before bed!"  LOL!

Well that's my morning...
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/23 08:27:29 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Bernie, use CLR or Limeaway to clean shower heads.  It removes the calcium build up that clogs the water.  

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/23 09:05:07 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers! 
Cloudy with more rain on the way.  High temp of 87F this afternoon.
Woke up very early.  SJ was fussing about with the dog.  Trying to get
her to go with him outside for first potty break of the day.
Cudi was not moving.  So I got up.  Accessed the situation.  Her left leg is hurting.
She is moving about a bit now.  With a painful limp.  Not sure what happened.
Taking her to vet this afternoon.   
May have to cancel our vacation to Biloxi.  Not leaving lil Cudi if she can't get around any better than she is now.
I did cancel Saturday night hotel.  In wait and see mode for Beau Rivage reservation.  

Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2447
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/23 11:37:28 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Quick question for anyone that may know...we’re having all of our ductwork cleaned out professionally today. Do we tip the guy on top of the charge for the service?
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/23 11:43:02 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Gem,  I usually tip like $10 each for lunch money.  Offer a cold bottle of water or pop before they go.
I live in the boonies.  It is hard to get service people to come out this far.  

Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2447
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/23 12:20:59 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Thanks PJ. Good idea.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/23 18:24:01 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  Another beautiful August day with low humidity and pleasant high of 77 and a repeat manana.  Up early to deal with garbage/recycle bins and then getting ready for the day.  Hit the Vets for wet food then on to Home Goods and ended up with more decorating stuff.  But that's okay because I have finally figured out what will stay, be returned or stored/donated.  A tedious process, but I'm willing to put the time in until I get it right.  Had to get back home as electrician called while shopping and wanted to stop by. I plugged in an antique lamp, that needed repair, and it blew out the wall outlet.  Just dang happy there wasn't a fire.   So that's now been fixed and then he will send his bill so we can finally settle that account.  Progress.... Then got the VISA bill and drove up to US Bank to pay that off and then a stop at Home Depot looking for a special incandescent bulb.  Couldn't find it in a frost only clear so I am checking it out in new bathroom fixture until I can make another decision.   Also committed to the sod project today and coordination of that with the three trees that will be removed by same company.  Hit my spend level for project this spring and summer.  Will pick it up again next spring with the rest of the updates I wish to do.  Yikes, that was way too much.

Kim, praying that Tom's procedure is successful.  Can't imagine not turning your neck for that period of time and it's super dangerous when driving.  You guys have been through a lot.  Almost time for another vacation to escape.

Jamie, please take good care of yourself and make sure neighbors are in the know.  Hopefully you can put on some well needed weight.  Sending hugs and prayers your way.  Lots of us sending special well wishes.  Feel better soon.

Holly, that was an upsetting dream.  Ugh, I would have awakened myself as well.  Too many loving folks from your past.  Pretty bizarre.  Sorry I missed your early morning call.  Nice that Paul could walk you off the edge.  My first thought was "what did she have for dinner"?  Probably not a bad idea to see that dentist in PoMo.  I might have to do the same after my Periodontist appointment a week ago.  $$$$$

PJ, so sorry to hear about hubby's hand issue and now let's double down with Cudi.  Feel bad that you will probably cancel your planned trip.  Keep us posted sweet lady.  Hugs.

Bob, that's a whole lot of granite and appreciate the ad lib about the process.  Always eager to learn new things. 
Good luck on dropping some more weight.  I weighed myself at the Vet's office today.  Think there is a two pound difference with my scale. I prefer their rating.  Thanks for the laugh.  

Bernie, at least she gave you some feedback.  

Gem/PJ, dang I don't think I have ever tipped someone at my home for services provided except for the kiddo that does occasional lawn items for me in spring and fall. 

Badger, it was a low of 58 here.  38 in Ely last evening.  Ugh.  Say hi to Babs for me please.

For those of you suffering with hearing loss, I feel your pain.  Pablito had a hearing issue as well for years being self-employed driving that semi tractor in his left ear.  Always had to have that window open.  It's super annoying.

Time to grab a bite to eat.  Sama, MB.
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/08/23 19:52:26

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/24 05:19:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Saturday.

No time to dawdle this morning as I have lots to get done at work, but, PJ, is little doggie OK?

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/24 06:31:03 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
We are at 46 right now, high of 71. I got about 3/4 of the mowing done yesterday after a trip to town for some grocery items. It was comfortable mowing except when a cloud moved in front of the sun...then I would get goose bumps until the cloud moved on. Sky looks clear this morning so hopefully I can still wear shorts. NOT ready for jeans while it is still August!

Bernie, we use "whink" on our shower heads. We are on well water and have a high amount of iron in the water, so our problem is more rust build up. (But it is very tasty water, and every time I have donated blood, the techs marvel at how high my iron count is for an old lady!)

PJ, hope Cudi is OK. I feel so bad for you that you may be canceling your trip. Hugs and prayers sent for Wayne AND Cudi.

Holly, I'm glad Badger answered! MY bad dream the night before was I didn't know where the cat was and couldn't remember the last time I had fed the cat. Woke up in a panic then realized we hadn't HAD a cat since 1977! (and no! I do not want a cat!)

MB, hope the tree removal/sod project goes without a hitch. Is your black walnut one of the trees coming down?

I had better get a move on, time's a-wasting. Have a beautiful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/24 06:47:52 (permalink)

SEMI-RETIRED. . .have a little time to waste

guess who posted what this morning

Video
Pix
YouTube

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/24 07:23:09 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Weatherman calling for mostly cloudy today with rain or t-storms all day. Right now it's mostly sunny and all the storms shown on the radar are way off shore. I think I'll find a different weather app. It will be a little cooler today with a high of 83 degrees. Current temp is 75 at 7:25.

Blue Jays are fussing about something out there; Freddie is checking it out for me. We also have two cats that come around the back yard these days. No collars. 1 is real skinny. Freddie doesn't want them around.

Yesterday morning I replaced the 3 filters in the air returns for the a/c-heating system. They sure did need replacement. Then called Clorox to see if it was safe to use their Cleaner with Bleach product on the rubber front of my shower head.  They said it would not hurt the rubber but don't leave it on for more than a few minutes. Worked great. I didn't need to remove calcium, Holly. Just a little black mold build up. After my chores I went to run the truck through the automatic spray wash. The credit card reader wasn't working so I decided to eat some lunch at Fibber's.

Today I will spot spray some weed killer around my property and then clean the inside of the truck. This evening I hope to try a little walk around the neighborhood.

PJ, little Cudi doing better ?  Is she old enough to have arthritis ?  Maybe just a little minor sprain. Please let us know and crossing my fingers it's only something minor.

MB, hope all of your house vendors turned out good for you. I know you are happy to have your house "back to normal".

Hi and bye, Badger.

Hi Cindy. Hi Chris ( nice score ).

See y'all later.
Bernie.

Oh, I found another picture with the family when at Debby's house. Will post shortly.
post edited by Beach Bernie - 2019/08/24 07:27:02

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/24 07:25:19 (permalink)
+2 (2)
After we had dinner at Debby's house

Weekend at Bernie's
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/24 10:01:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Anybody have any experience with acupuncture treatments?  Thinking I'd give it a try for the neuropathy in my feet.  Figured I don't have anything to lose except the cost of the treatments.  Thanks in advance! 
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/24 10:25:58 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Cloudy with a high temp of 84F today.  No rain expected.
Lil doggie is going to be just fine.  There was a sliver of wood or something jammed under the cuticle of a toenail.
Caused an infection.  The vet got the sliver out.  Cudi is walking much better now.   On meds for the infection.  
We are still going on our trip to Biloxi to celebrate SJ's 65th.  Leaving tomorrow instead of today.  

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/24 11:00:07 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Morning all
I managed to get through the day yesterday but I was CRANKY and feeling pretty alone and blue.  I hope its better today but today is August 24...3 years gone by.  I realized my dream was kinda like my life.  I know how I got HERE but I really don't know where I am in life, nor do I know where I'm going in life or what to do.  3 years and nothing has changed about that.  I just seem to be in limbo wasting time and waiting.  Last night I dreamed of visiting my Uncle Richard.  The landscape was strange and semi barren but tall red rocks...???  However it wasn't a bad dream and my uncle made me feel comfortable.  Not comforted but comfortable.

It's still muggy and cloudy.  Light rains off and on.  Supposed to be the same into next week.

I decided not to go to the farmer's market today.  I don't need anything that I can't get from a farm stand that's closer.  The peaches are coming to an end so I got another bag at the nearby market Thursday evening.  Yesterday I entertained myself by going to Sam's club to see what was new.  I had to re up my membership, which isn't really worth it because I don't buy a lot of stuff there.  What I do get there is stuff that I can ONLY find there.   Like MAIN STREET Au Gratin potatoes, which are almost as good as mine without all the trouble of making them.  And Prime steaks.  As little as I eat steak, its worth it to have great steaks.  I decided to splurge for my upcoming birthday and I had ordered some Maine lobster tails from The Lobster Guy web site.  They are flash frozen and shipped overnight.  I haven't ordered lobster before.   They arrived yesterday.  I'm looking forward to eating one!  Yes Bosco, I am going to eat like Royalty occasionally.  Food seems to be my life.
And the critters.  I having to pause to play ball with Pearl.  She is getting really good at catching it mid air!  

As it cools down, I have a few projects that need doing.  Still need to do concrete sealing on the patio and cedar planters.  Wanting to clean out and organize the shed and the garage.  I need to get rid of stuff I'm not going to use, like Bob and MB.  I have 2 skylights that open with solar power and have exhaust fans in them.  They never got installed in the addition so it's either get them installed or sell them.  I also have a bunch of very decorative wall sconce lights that I bought years ago at a warehouse sale.  I was going to use them at the lake house until we decided to sell.  I should have because they don't belong here.  Too rustic.

Today I will try to make myself finish the painting on the display cabinet.  Not much else to do.  I do not usually go to stores on the weekend as it's too crowded.  

Jamie, I hope you are doing better!

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/24 11:01:23 (permalink)
+2 (2)
PJ and Crunch, Please keep us updated on the hubby's progress. 

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29469
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/24 16:18:40 (permalink)
+2 (2)
No change for Tomas so far unfortunately.
Frank - I would sure give it a try.
Twirley - I think you are in a funk as they say. I hope it gets better soon.
Great picture Bernie.
So happy little doggie is ok and trip is back on.
Went to the Springsteen movie today. Fun movie. I recommend it.

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3796
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/24 18:01:40 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Bob, I am sorry but those flowers look like pepperoni pizzas to me (pizza for dinner).

Cindy, wow that is quite a temperature swing, 30 degrees from 46 to 71. Geez Louise. Good on you for donating blood.

PJ, so very glad to hear Cudi is OK other than some temporary discomfort and that you and SJ will have a real nice trip to Biloxi.

Hope Tom improves some more, crunch, sorry to hear of his problems.

Getting some appetite and strength back, thanks for the well wishes. Lots of small bites throughout the day. Had groceries delivered today and added Gatorade and power bars to the order. Don't like the Gatorade much (Orange flavor is pretty good) but gives me energy.
janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/24 21:28:36 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Hola Clubbers
I've been lurking, but never seem to have time to post. 

Jamie  Glad you are starting to feel better.  Those Ensure has a lot of protein/calories that may help you.  Then there's hamburgers and fries with a milkshake. 

Crunch  what did Tomas do to his neck?  Throwing get well wishes his way. 

Bernie  looks like you had a great visit with your family.  Sorry about your last date. 

Twirls... I have crazy dreams sometimes, but I can only remember them for a split second when I wake up and spend my time in the shower trying to remember ... Glad you didn't hurt yourself too bad when you fell. 

PJ  Have fun on your mini get away!

Badger  work work work....

Frank  I've thought about acupuncture to quit smoking. 

Dang Cindy  Ya'll are already 46 degrees overnight?  no.  just no for me.  We only hit 74 today and I felt cold!

Gem  I don't tip those kind of jobs.  just my nail girl.

Uphill  send some of those seeds my way.  Mr. JJ can grow his own Friday night dinners. 

We got this little 10 week old Lhasa on Monday.  Her name is Lola. Woody wasn't too happy about her, but slowly warming up to her. 

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/24 22:03:40 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Janjon---I'll ask this doctor how much success rate she has had with acupuncture curing smoking and let you know.  Have an appointment Monday.  Excited on seeing what she offers.  Asked her how long the initial consultation would last and she said 2 hours!  Have never had an appointment with any doctor that lasted that long. 
post edited by CallMeFrank - 2019/08/24 22:06:10
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/25 06:05:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Puppies, it's Sunday.

Cute doggie, JJ (and those toenails, too.).

PJ, hope you have a great trip and win lots of $$!

Hope Tomas improves soon.

Bernie, please be careful with that weed killer, that nasty stuff has been said to cause cancer.

Frank, please let us know how the acupuncture goes, I managed to acupuncture a finger with a nail gun a couple of days ago.

Jamie, glad you are feeling better, I don't like the taste of Gatorade either , so when it's really hot at work I drink Powerade, much better IMO.

MB, where are you?

I've got some chores around here this morning, then a job to go look at, and maybe a door to replace for a friend if I have time.

Cloudy today, then an 80% chance of rain tomorrow.

Wag more....bark less.
Page: << < ..10061007100810091010.. > >> Showing page 1006 of 1031
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5