AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..10011002100310041005.. > >> Showing page 1005 of 1019
Author
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/20 17:05:46 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Big day with Joni and the grandchildren. First we picked Aronia berries and made a coffee cake. Then we picked some vegetables. I cleaned and cut up a few of the big cucumbers into ice cube size chunks and froze them. Looking forward to using them as ice cubes in bloody Mary's.

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3796
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/20 17:50:55 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Paul, glad you have work to keep you busy before weather turns bad in late fall in your neck of the woods, sure Babs misses you but is probably used to it.

MB, Cindy and PJ, be careful with ladders please.

Cindy and Chris, have a great visit with grandkids. I did get a Hamilton Beach toaster a few years back when my trusty Cuisinart died, it lasted less than a month.

Bernie, great pictures as usual. Just a tip, but IMO, I would not mention Mexico trip to your new lady friend until at least the third date. Most women do not like to feel rushed.

Twirls, sorry to hear about the outrageous heat spell you are having, hope you are getting good use out of your pool.

Crud sickness is back after a less than two day relapse, seeing the Dr. Thursday hope she can figure out what is wrong and give me a shot of penicillin or something. Hard to work up any energy or appetite although the latter is better.

PJ, have a wonderful trip, sounds like a real nice destination. Glad SJ enjoyed the TV fundraiser.

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/20 18:34:08 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  78 and mostly cloudy.  Quite the rain moved in late morning.  Almost another 2" and my drainage ditch yard to pond was moving the water to the back and to street front.  Sump has been running nonstop.  Got the small ladder up from utility room and changed out the 40 watt bulbs in entry and hallway to 25 watt incandescents.  Much better.  Finished the reorganization on two upper shelves in downstairs linen closet and all in one place finally.  Good thing I had cell in back pocket.  It was Ken, the electrician, and wanted to know if I would be around to finish the bathroom and kitchen fixtures.   Got that right, big smile on my face.  Although, he needs to return on a totally different issue that will be a future item to disclose that happened after he left today. 

Before/after of kitchen fixture over sink.

Some pics of new bathroom fixture with the fluted Italian ice glass.  The lighting is a little funky but you get the idea.

Before/after.  Still working on what I want to hang on the walls other than the mirror and antique medicine cabinet.

Enuf of that.

Cindy, hope you were feeling better today and enjoyed the grand kids visit.  Did everything go okay with freezer delivery?  Sure hope so.

Holly, you probably figured out I am a morning person and early to bed.  All that previous corporate training I think.  Sure wish that Levi dude would pick up the pace and getting his arse going when the heat is on.  What a poop butt.

Kim, thanks for checking in.  Always worry cuz you usually post a couple of times a day.  How's the back end feeling chica?

SoSo, hopefully Zoey will acclimate and tummy will settle down.

Badger, sure cooled off here after that rain storm.  Dang.  Was going to mow tomorrow but doubtful that will happen as I don't want to sink into the sod with this last heavy rain on clay soil.  You might have gotten some precip yourself.

Bernie, perhaps you are a minimalist with the bare walls.  Haven't had a Reuben in years, but a Rachel.  As you and others have eluded to, I will check out my vets office. I have lots of sheets that I want to be ride of as well.

Bob, you nailed it.  My SIL, Holly, told me to get plastic storage bins and remove the wall and other clutter and store it before disposing of anything.  After some time passes she said I will figure out if anything speaks to me and can be reincorporated and, if not, time to dispose of in some fashion.  Makes sense to me.

Edits:  Jamie, worried about you with heath issues.  Need to find out what is really going on.  Sending prayers and a hug from MN.

Cindy, you snuck in while I was delivering my bore arse post.  Loved all the pics.  What a fabulous property in spite of all of the work.  Everyone looks so happy.  Could not and choose not to compete with all of you gals that have culinary skills, but so admire all of you.  The MN fair does a Princess Kay (dairy gal), of the Milky Way, butter head of the young girl.  No cows allowed aqui.

Dang, Gem.  Will add you to the edit list as well. Will certainly give some thought to late Oct/early Nov.  Would love to meet you both.  

Time for a bite to eat.  Pleasant evening all MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/08/20 19:33:28

Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2447
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/20 18:48:05 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Evening to all.  Cant believe school starts in 3 days!  Why have the first day be on a Friday?  Ugh, I don't get that.  Ada is excited to start 3rd grade.  She spent a couple of days with me last week, and is definitely starting to get that sassy attitude, will certainly be trouble in a couple of years.  I'm scared for the children of today, what with all the hatred and bullying and just not having proper guidance in life.  
Bernie, looks like you had a great time with the family...that little guy is certainly your mini me!  So cute!
MB, I wish I had your energy to get things done, we have so much stuff that we need to purge.  Definitely on my list of to dos for the colder months.
Badger, isn't 7 days a week illegal?  I swear I read somewhere about on the 7th day having a bit of rest (Ha ha)!
PJ, How is your hubby doing?  Got to be frustrating asking for assistance with the little things.  Your niece looked beautiful.  A wedding in Kauai is such a wonderful memory. 
Crunch, anything new on Dad?  I had my Mom started on an antidepressant a month ago (unbeknownst to her)  She would start crying over nothing and especially when ever one of us would leave.  It was heartbreaking.  So her doc put her on the lowest dose available.  I must say it's done an amazing job.  She's so much more social and even is joking with the other residents again.  (I'd like some please)
C&C, Didi and Seth are getting so big!  Loved the FB photos of them helping with the harvest.  And great idea about freezing squares of cukes for Bloody Mary ice cubes!
UHK, your photos are amazing, what beautiful country you live in.
Shana and I are going to a Cubs game this Saturday for our birthdays  (mine was in June, hers is tomorrow)  We're spending the night in Chicago, so hopefully it will be a good time.  Still checking prices for our Fall Houston trip.  Jason now wants us to come over Thanksgiving, so I think that's the plan.  Unforturnately, flights a alot higher then, but we'd get 5 full days and with the holiday, Juany and Jason will be off work.  Hopefully I'll book by this weekend.  I just dread the AA nightmare, but those flights have the best times and are cheapest.  Still holding out to see if Delta might have something better.  
Holly, happy you have another trip south to look forward to.  Keep thinking about the end of October, heh?  You too, MB and Badger.  We'll be there from October 27-November 7.
Jamie, hope you're feeling better!
Frank, Maple, Nipper, JJ, Soso, BB, SNF, Susy and all you others that check in, hope your summer is going well.  

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/20 19:24:50 (permalink)
+1 (1)
It was a GREAT day. Seth and Didi had fun picking the aronia berries with Papa, and enjoyed the coffee cake he made, especially after I brought out the Stevia/Monk fruit blend sweetener to sprinkle on top. (Keeping the sugar low for them and us) Those berries are quite tart, but actually have higher antioxidant levels than blueberries, and survive Wisconsin winters! After we cleaned that up, we went back to the garden to harvest. I think you can see from the pictures that Didi has designs on my JD. The picture with Seth on the far side of the garden is when he found the peas. I think he opened and ate about a half lb of them, and shared some with Didi, too. Nice and sweet and tender. Garden candy. As you can see, those yellow zucchini  were getting pretty big. Glad DIL wanted some for zuch bread. Those cukes are getting away from us, too, but we did find some smaller ones, too. The big ones are what Chris made cucumber ice cubes out of. Has them bagged up in the new freezer, which arrived right on time at 9:30 this morning. Made himself a Bloody Mary with them and declared the beverage delicious. DIL and kids went home with sweet corn, eggplant, Italian flat beans, and green beans. And lots of cherry tomatoes, and don't forget the zucchini!  And the pups got lots of attention, turns out Didi just loves to brush Joey and he loves being brushed.

To top the day off, this morning Chris did some online shopping and on Amazon found a Maytag iron. Had no idea Maytag made irons. Free shipping with prime, PLUS he had points on his Amazon CC, so it is ALL free! PLUS again, it will be here tomorrow!
Cranky no more. 

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29466
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/21 06:54:48 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Looks like a wonderful day with the grands C&C and bonus on the free iron. I always hated ironing so quit doing it, but last year I bought a little steamer for the few shirts that need ironing and I didn't want to donate. Love it. So easy.

MB - the remodel looks fab! Butt is a little better every day. I guess I am having to teach the nerve how to endure sitting again, butt  the training is coming along. I wish it would just be normal again and hope for that. We shall see. Ironically, a year ago I had started PT about 3 weeks prior to the spine thing for this constant pulling/gnawing in my left trapezoid. It is back so I guess everything is reversing to how it was before the cyst. 

Tomorrow we take Tomas in for an injection in his neck. It has been 6 months since he has been able to turn it to either side and PT didn't help. It is arthritis causing the issue. Hoping this will help greatly. His PT guy said it was what he needed and that more PT wasn't going to help. He has to fast for a 1pm ish procedure so will not be a happy camper.

Jamie - yikes! Sure hope they can get your immune system working back to normal. Good luck today.

Gem - dad is dad. The urolgist saw him again and did not have any further options for his dysfunction so he is pretty much confined to the assisted living since he refuses to wear briefs. He has totally alientated my bro (who helped him so much) and sister. My mom's cousin is now handling finances for him and taking him to doctor appts. etc. She is his "boots on the ground" since she lives semi close and is willing to do it because she loved mom so much. He now has her as #1 emergency contact. She is a saint, but we will see how long she lasts. Nice lady. We talk weekly at least and he is fine mood wise and same old guy personality wise ha ha. Physically and mentally he is fine as far as serious issues. Unfortunately, he did not deal with the prostate issues decades ago and now I do not think anyone  can offer much of a fix.

Got to get working so hi to everyone I missed.

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/21 07:49:20 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Another cloudy day in store for the coast. Current temp is 79F at 7:21 with a high of 88 degrees.

Doctor's appointment went OK. Doc said my Shingles is progressing normally; he advises his patients 6-12 weeks before Shingle will clears up. The P.A. I saw on July 16th said 3-4 weeks, at least that is what I heard.
Doctor gave my lungs a good check-over and said he could hear a 'rasp'. Started me on a Z-Pack. He also said he personally does't take the liquid mucus relief only because he doesn't like the taste of it. Said I was weird to like that cherry flavored stuff. Funny.

After the doctor's visit I went to lunch at Fibber's and had their big Chefs Salad. I could barely finished it.
Yes Bob, Fibber's is my "new" place for lunch. They don't serve breakfast so if I don't eat at home, Nell's or The Dawg House is my breakfast place. Also talked with American yesterday and got my seat changed back closer towards the front ( row 13 ).

Not a thing planned for today. I sent an email to Darlene on Monday asking if she want to do a boat ride with me this week and do a lunch down in Little River together. Not a word back. Hmmm.

Cindy, great pictures of you, Chris, Seth and Didi. Looks like Joey found a new buddy. Very cute pic with Didi laying her head on top of him.

Jamie, thanks for the thought but I did that once and it was not a good idea. I wish to get to know someone before I give an invite to travel together anywhere.

MB, thanks for the renovation pictures. Looking good. No, I'm not a minimalist; just need a woman's touch to help guide me.

Hi Gem.  Hope your get your Houston trip nailed down and the end of October will be here before you know it. You two doing ABR again ?

Hi Crunch. Crossing my fingers for Tomas tomorrow and hoping the injection will help him.

Thant's all for today.
See ya,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/21 08:39:33 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Hazy and humid, but a front is due to arrive shortly and drop the humidity levels down. Will appreciate that, because it is back to the weeds today. Dogs have been especially hyper this morning, had to kick them outside 'cuz they were making me crazy.

Bathroom looks great, MB. Nuts on the heavy rain. Hoping we stay dry when this front comes through.
Bernie, hope Darlene responds soon.
Jamie, I sure hope the Doc figures this out and can fix it, you have been dealing with it for too long.
Hmmm. No Badger?
I better get to work, or the day will be half gone. Have a good one!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/21 09:45:38 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Chris and Cindy---FANTASTIC looking garden.  What I'd give to have a garden that size right outside my door.  I've got my mom's farm but it is 30 minutes away and no water or electric.  Grew melons for years but back then I worked for a building company who had a water truck and they delivered up to  1,200 gallons of water weekly. Farm was only 15 minutes from where the water truck was kept.  Helped that the real estate market was booming and I was selling houses faster than they could build them.

P.S.---Sweet looking grandkids too!
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/21 09:56:12 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Morning all

We got a micro burst storm yesterday about 5 minutes after I got home from the dentist.  Rain was a possibility but not a storm.  The rain was torrential accompanied by hail, high winds, and lots of lightning!  BUT is cooled off to 75 after so it was worth it.  Chris had to set up several plants that had blown over and find the floaties that had blown all over.

The dentist was another matter ...of more money which blew my budget to HELLO!  Periodontal cleaning etc!  
This has certainly been the summer of unexpected expenses.

Jamie, I sure hope they find the cause and you can and get over this stuff!

C&C, very cute pics and looks like a fun afternoon.  Reminds me of going to my Grandparent's farm when I was a kid!  Grandpa would set me on a cow that he was milking just so he knew where I was and that I wasn't getting into mischief!  I couldn't get down so I was trapped but it was fun!  My Mom and uncle got into so much trouble growing up on the farm that Grandpa had gotten wise on keeping his eye on my brother and I.  The stories mom told of the two of them and all the trouble they got into!  Once they decided to clean up the barn and they raked up all the loose hay and decided to burn it...IN the barn!

Crunch, I understand!  Some days are not much pain and others are literally a PITA!  The only thing I find that help is excercising in the pool with my back dangling.  I get all the benefit of motion but without the weight on my spine.
Good luck to Thomas!

MB, bathroom looks nice.  It feels good to get a room finished.

I've been checking Delta frequently and so far no reduction of prices on flight for any period I've checked.  I didn't check MILES flights as I don't have enough now for another flight.  I was hoping to find a reduced flight for late Oct or early November so I could but a ticket and add the miles from it for a February flight.

No plans for today but maybe more painting on the display case we have been working on.  More storms are expected to pop up.

Enjoy your day!
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/21 10:15:28 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Another sunny n hot day.  High of 94F.  After all the rain we received last night.
Gonna be a steam bath. 

C&C,  wonderful pics of your day with grandchildren.  

MB,  love the bathroom!  

Gem,  SJ's right hand is still the same.  Limp from wrist down. 
Doing better using the left hand.  It is frustrating for him.  But he refuses to let it get him down.
I am thankful there is no pain associated with this palsy. 
Good luck getting all your flights arranged. 

Jamie,  having had the same problems getting over colds and flu.  My lung doc finally gave me
a cocktail shot and steroid zpak.  Told me to take allergy meds (zyrtec) every night.  Use Flonase.
He said the lungs become so irritated/inflamed from the cold that the problem becomes more of an allergic reaction. 
Causing continue production of mucus in the lungs.  

Twirls,  that storm was a whip banger for sure!  
post edited by PJamigo - 2019/08/21 10:19:43

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/21 10:57:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)

PJ---Regarding SJ's hand problem I apologize for not keeping up with what is going on but I had something I guess is similar.  My pinkie finger and the next finger over went numb.  I was worried my neuropathy was spreading so I had it checked out.  Doctor said it was not the neuropathy, thank goodness, put something called Cubital Tunnel Release Syndrome.  Similar to Carpel Tunnel but they operated on my elbow for it.  This was last Sept.  Pinkie finger is still numb but the feeling in the other finger is about 75%.  Since I was expecting the feeling to come back in both fingers rather quickly I called the doctor and naturally he said it could take up to a year and there is a possibility it might not come back at all.  Just the news I was looking to hear

Has SJ been diagnosed yet? 

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/21 15:04:39 (permalink)
Today's Hike on Caribou Mt. We finished up just before the rain! Nice long hike, well, a little more than 4 hours and 1900 feet elevation gain over 7 miles of trail. But some real nice views at the top!
Here is our first view!

Just a little reminder, let's keep it looking real nice up here!

I just love this rocky outcropping

We are on our way out

Looking over our shoulder, look at this mountain, might have to go there some time....

Looking at the specs, we hiked for 4 hours, covered 7 miles and 1900 feet of elevation gain and loss. Book time on this hike is 5 1/2 hours. So we are feeling good about this! We did beat the rain, it literally started as we are driving out the access road. 

All in all, a pretty good day! Hoping yours is as good!

Lovin life,
Bob

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/22 05:11:36 (permalink)
Good Morning Sore Butts, it's Thirstday.

Great photos C&C, so nice you can share your garden's bounty and love the fact that Didi and Joey like the brushing process.

Good luck to Tomas today, hope it helps.

MB, bathroom looks great!

Bernie, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Twirls, I know a good (and very cheap) dentist in PoMo, just sayin'.

Happy Birthday (belated) to Gem and Shana.

Hope all of you ailing feel better so, this getting old isn't for sissies!

Nice cool weather yesterday and today, I'm loving it.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/22 05:50:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Yesterday's front didn't get here until the evening, so pulling weeds was still pretty hot and sweaty. But much better now, today's high is 72. Wish I didn't have to spend a good chunk of today doing laundry, returning something to Walmart, going to Costco and finding Chris a new car charger for his cell phone at Target. Fortunately, the Target is close to Costco. Still a lot of running around.

Frank, thanks for the compliment on the veggie garden. Had to laugh when you said "right outside the door". It is in the far NE corner of our property, which is about 3 acres, but it is a nice stretch of higher ground perfect for a garden. We both get a little tired of walking all the way back there for a couple of ears of sweet corn or whatever. Kinda wish it was right out the door sometimes. Funny, 20 years ago it didn't seem that far.

Better get going on the laundry, can at least get that done before stores open. Have a wonderful day, all!
Cindy

WHAT?
post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2019/08/22 06:13:08

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/22 05:54:41 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Yesterday's front didn't get here until the evening, so pulling weeds was still pretty hot and sweaty. But much better now, today's high is 72. Wish I didn't have to spend a good chunk of today doing laundry, returning something to Walmart, going to Costco and finding Chris a new car charger for his cell phone at Target. Fortunately, the Target is close to Costco. Still a lot of running around.

Frank, thanks for the compliment on the veggie garden. Had to laugh when you said "right outside the door". It is in the far NE corner of our property, which is about 3 acres, but it is a nice stretch of higher ground perfect for a garden. We both get a little tired of walking all the way back there for a couple of ears of sweet corn or whatever. Kinda wish it was right out the door sometimes. Funny, 20 years ago it didn't seem that far.

Better get going on the laundry, can at least get that done before stores open. Have a wonderful day, all!
Cindy

WHY CAN'T YOU WEAR YOUR HEARING AIDS. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF REPEATING EVERYTHING.
post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2019/08/22 06:14:17

Video
Pix
YouTube

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/22 08:11:04 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Mostly sunny forecast for today. Current temp is a humid 79F at 7:21 with a beach high of 89 degrees.

Yesterday I had lunch at Fibber's and stopped at Lowe's Foods on the way home. Got out in the evening at about 7PM to trim the lawn and start cutting the grass. Got all the weed eating around the entire house done and cut the front yard grass plus part of the side yard. I'll finish up the rest of the grass today.

Finally heard back from Darlene late last night. She said we were probably not a match and that she exercises 3-5 hours a day; prefers to find someone closer to her age and more physically active. She is age 61.  Well darn, it's not like my Match profile hides my age 71 or anything. Oh well, like you said, Badger.
Nothing ventured. I think I need to update my profile by including "not looking for a work-out nut". hee,hee

Today I think I'll check into a gym membership. Not !!  First I will go set the trash can out.  Be back.

Gem, sorry I missed your birthday in June ! ha,ha. Happy Birthday in June. Please tell Shana I said happy B- day to her as well.

Thanks for all the scenery pictures, Bob. Got anything without granite in it ?  hee,hee. I know you enjoy your hiking adventures. I am curious, are there any quarries in your area that mine the granite for polished kitchen counter tops and other products ( like steps for your back porch ) ?

PJ, my doctor said that the phlegm that I cough up could be a simple cold, the start of Bronchitis, allergies or the start of Walking Pneumonia. Good lord. I'm supposed to check back with him after my z-pack is finished and to see if the mucus relief is working. Might need x-rays if no improvement.

Jamie, hope you get to the bottom of your ills soon.

Cindy, what ? What ?  On a serious note, I need to get hearing aids in the near future. Did Chris purchase his from the hearing doctor or other place ?  I hear ( no pun intended ) they can be pretty costly. Medicare doesn't pay for them. TV commercial is advertising a set that can be purchased for under $500 for the pair at Walmart. Know anything about them ? I doubt that Walmart has an Audiologist on staff.

Time to get out there and finish the grass before it gets too hot.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/22 09:08:06 (permalink)
LOL Bernie! There is granite all over the place here. Maine granite is mostly gray.

Suitable for outside stuff like curbs, walls and steps. Occasionally, you'll see some inside. Bar Harbor granite is a nice color, but doesn't work well with many kitchens. It is a mixture of white, orange and black. Most of the highly polished stuff, that almost looks like Marble is from away. 

Here is a picture of a Maine Quarry

Typically, they'll go as deep as they can, then they fill with water and make great swimming holes, so long as there is a way out....

I have all three of my porch steps made out of granite, and a bird bath. Up here, bird baths are big business. Folks will leave them outside and winter will destroy them, even concrete ones. I've tried all of them, plastic, concrete, clay, ceramic, you name it. I always brought them inside for the winter, but they all fail. Finally, I ponied up for a granite one, which I should have done to begin with. 

In this land of granite, we like to use them for our curbs as well. A snowplow won't remove them like a a blacktop curb would be chewed right up. Concrete suffers from the winter salt, but granite stands up. Even glaciers over a mile thick didn't destroy the mountains in these parts. 

GRANITE!!!!

Lovin life,
Bob

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/22 09:27:54 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

Cindy, it took a moment but then I burst out laughing!  Thanks for the morning giggle!  And hey, I understand.  jay couldn't hear from years of working around heavy equipment.  He would yell a question from the back of the house but he couldn't hear when I answered so he would yell again.  I'd have to stop whatever and walk back there.  At that time he wasn't sick.  We got him hearing aids but he didn't like them...

Bernie, there is nothing cheap about getting older!  Hearing aids are something you don't want to scrimp on.  Like dentures!
Sorry about Darlene.  Maybe you should add to your profile that you exercise regularly by taking long walks on the beach.  It says that you are active but not a gym exerciser.  OOPs, I swore I was not going to give you any more advise!  I do know some very attractive 70 year old men that are extremely fit and very actively exercise in a gym or running.  I don't have much in common with them, either!

Badger, I plan to visit your dentist next time!  Does he do periodontal cleaning?  Got any idea how much he charges for that?

PJ, I'm praying for an answer and recovery for SJ.

I got nothing other than a massage shortly so better go.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/22 11:36:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Sunny for now.  I can see the clouds building up across the river.  Rain on the way.  High of 88F.
Everything turned to Xit soon as I got out of bed.  Dog barfed on bedding.  Coffee maker not working.
Got the meds down.  Took a deep breath and started taking care of business.  Morning chores are done.
The bed is stripped. Wash machine is cranking.  The dog has been dosed with Pepto Bismal.  Her face washed. 
My heart meds have kicked in.  Having my cup of coffee.  Feeling better about it all now.  
Playing Don Williams song "Lord I hope this day is good" at top volume.   Chasing off the bad vibes.  LOL   
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers concerning SJ's hand.  He is managing best he can.  
Frank,  you are more than likely right about the problem being in his elbow.  He doesn't remember doing it.
But I remember him cracking his elbow pretty good on the truck door the morning we were leaving Chicago.
Because I cringed.   Ask him if that hurt and did he want me to drive.  He said it hurt his funny bone.  But he could drive. 
That was on Monday.  By the next Friday morning, his right hand had gone limp and useless.  
Just going to have to go through the process.  He will see the neurologist on Aug. 30th.

Cindy,  LOL   I think SJ has purposely tuned out the sound of my voice after all these years.
Kinda hurts my feelings.   I tell him something that is important.  Later he doesn't even remember
we spoke about it.   I have started sending him text and emails.  Seems to get his attention better. 

Uphill,  beautiful views from your hike.

Bernie,  at least Darlene was honest.  Didn't leave you wondering.   
The right lady is out there.  The one who will appreciate you for who you are.  Hugs

jj,  love seeing the pics of your new puppy on FB.  Lola is adorable.  I see in the pics that it is a 
lovefest between the two of you.

Gotta get moving here.  My vacation prep To-Do list needs some more checking off.
Wishing you all a wonderful day!

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/22 14:32:32 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I can't take credit for the funny earlier. Internet was way slow this morning, took forever for the "preview" to show up. Wanted to get going on my chores and impatiently hit submit twice. Chris then noticed my double post and did the editing. He did tell me about it before he left for work, and I laughed, too. I also noticed after he left that his hearing aids are at home, not with him.  And he has to answer the phone a lot at the law office. I heard once that the longer you're married, the more frequently your conversations consist only of "WHAT?" shouted at each other from different rooms.

I am pooped. Lot of heavy items to carry in from Costco. Just couldn't face another trip up the stairs, so left the 45 lb bag of dog food in the car for Chris to haul up. He's not going to be a happy camper about that. "WHAT?!?"

Bernie, Chris got his hearing aids several years ago from a Dr. recommended hearing aid place. I think it ran somewhere in the neighborhood of $2,000. (That included the testing, fine tuning, and the actual devices) It may very well be less now, but I definitely would be very wary of Wally World hearing aids. (probably made in China, and the Chinese might be listening in!
post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2019/08/22 14:35:25

Video
Pix
YouTube

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3796
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/22 16:47:08 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Bob that is a very beautiful village, where is it?

crunch sorry your rear is still giving problems as is your dad, sounds like the former is fixable.

Sorry things did not work out for you with this date, Bernie.

Cindy had no idea hearing aids cost so much, thanks for the update.

Went to Dr., said antibiotics will not help, I am malnourished and partly dehydrated and possibly anemic (they did blood tests, were unable to get blood results back from ER). Ordered me to eat food so I had two small pieces of chicken and a biscuit. Down to 97 pounds so time to put on weight, was 104 in May.
Weather is still nice, mid 70s here in LA suburb where I live.

PJ hope SJ gets his results soon after seeing neurologist.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/22 21:45:48 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Jamie, you will have to learn to force feed like I did.  At least cereal was always a fall back for me to eat.  I dropped to 89 and got scared!  I have found that the new carbonated flavored water drinks are good for hydrating and taste good (some of them, my favorite is La Croix Passionfruit),  Body Armour is a very good drink with electrolytes.  The orange is really good and so is watermelon.  I eat a lot of fresh fruit, protein like tuna, cheese, and chicken.  Cottage cheese is always good.  And yogurt.  Just some thoughts.  Lately I've been eating a lot of pasta of various kinds.  Mac and cheese, spaghetti, etc.  That's put some fat on me!  I pretty quickly jumped back to 94 and climbing.

PJ, you are probably correct about the elbow and how it happened. This needs to be told to the Dr as I figure you know.
Keep us posted.

Cindy I figured it was a double post but that you had done the funny edit!  At least Chris started the day with humor!

It didn't turn out to be the day I semi planned.  Since it was very cool and a perfect day to get out, I wanted to do just that.  Get out and go do something!  I've given up random shopping because I buy stuff I don't really need but just strikes my fancy.  I do have need of a few household things but I couldn't remember what.  I thought I would go to a local farm that sells all kinds of things, particularly big heads of velvet looking cockscomb.  I love them and used to grow them but all my old seeds didn't germinate.  I thought I'd buy a big cut bunch to keep the seed.  Then I got fixated on another plant I used to grow, which I knew as hardy Hawaiian Hibiscus.  I was hoping to find it in a local nursery, but no.  I did locate the same plant online that is known as Texas Star hardy hibiscus.  It's a beautiful red tropical looking bloom that has a lime green star in the center when it opens.  It's actually a bog plant loving wet soil although mine were just in a good loamy bed that I kept well watered and fertilized.  Mine got huge!  They have leaves which very much resemble MJ plants!  I used to grow them in the gardens at my last restaurant.  Although they say hardy to zone 6, Jan grew them in KC for years.  I finally located some online which are shipped as 4" bare root plants and ordered 3.  I didn't know they also came in white so I got 2 red and 1 white.  I'll put them in pots for now and put them in the ground late fall or next spring. 
Ann and I were going to meet up but she was late, as usual, and needless to say I didn't get far.  By the time we were to meet we both were starving and ended up nearby eating Mexican food.  That was about all I got accomplished besides a quick trip through the grocery store for wine and the weekly bargains and a run to the small farmer's market nearby for the last of the local peaches.

No plans for tomorrow but I hope I accomplish more.  I made a list!

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/23 04:25:59 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Work Out Nuts, it's Friday.

Bernie, I remember when Chris first got his hearing aid and I asked him "What kind is it?" He looked at his watch and said "A quarter to six."

Geez, Jamie, hope you feel better soon!

PJ, I doubt that SJ is purposely ignoring you, he's probably just pretending to hear you but cannot.
 Men are like that (me included).

Twirls, I'm pretty sure that my dentist does the periodontal cleaning, next trip you should go for a checkup and find out. BTW, Babs says that he is pretty easy on the eyes.

Really feels like fall here this morning, 38F and I read that there is a chance of frost in Northern Minnesota, way too early for that!

Boat Drinx tonight ( IF CHRIS PUTS HIS HEARING AIDS IN!).
post edited by Badger - 2019/08/24 05:21:47

Wag more....bark less.
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/23 06:02:04 (permalink)
Jamie, that is Bar Harbor, taken from one of the Porcupine islands.  (It's not my picture). 
You and I have different weight control issues. I weigh twice as much as you and shouldn't. I am down 10 lbs but want to lose another 20-30. I seem to have plateaued. Need to get more active. And watch those calories. Do you remember when you were young, people would say, eat some peanut butter, it'll stick to your ribs? Nowadays, it seems everything sticks to your ribs. I swear they engineer calories into everything. Every serving size on every package of food is right about 120-150 calories. Take Dorito chips. About 12 chips is one serving of 150 calories. Now who here opens a bag of chips and eats just 12?

Yesterday, I did eat from my garden all day. I had a nice salad, all from garden, it is finally giving me tomatoes, along with everything else. (Okay, I did add some poppy seed dressing, and at dinner, I had a pork chop with the steamed pod peas.) Very filling, satisfying and dare I say, nutritious! This morning, my weight is trending the right way! I do love eating out of my garden. 

I have been cleaning up stuff I have not touched in years. I was ready to dump a bunch of old ski boots and poles into a dumpster Saturday. My lady mentioned to a friend what I was doing and she said her church is having a yard sale, we'd be happy to sell those. I couldn't get them there fast enough. I hope they can sell them all and use the money for good!

I have emptied out some 9 or 10 of those large plastic storage bins. No more moving around them or them taking up room. About the only thing I still have up there that I won't ever use again is my wife's wedding dress. I just don't know that I will ever part with that. 

Today, we are off to visit a friend down by the coast in Old Orchard beach. She is still recovering from hip replacement over a year ago, and last week, fell and broke her hand. We'll probably go for some lobster rolls on the shore. 

Bernie, sometimes that chase can be fun, but finding the prize..... Best of luck!

MB, loving the new look in your home. You may as well set up your home how you like it!

Twirley, I have been downsizing my garden. This spring, I looked at all the garden space and simply didn't want to spend all summer weeding. I consolidated the gardens to plants that grow all by themselves here. I got rid of any that need help to grow. I own a riding lawn mower, so mowing is easy, even on the hottest days. Even my veggie garden is going to get smaller next year. I'm only growing what I WILL eat now. I have a huge piece of it laying fallow right now, just growing weeds. As much as I like garden food, I can only eat so much, I'm giving loads away. My garden actually produces!

Have a great day all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Page: << < ..10011002100310041005.. > >> Showing page 1005 of 1019
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5