AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..1001100210031004 Showing page 1004 of 1004
Author
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/18 10:50:31 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Beach Bernie

What brought that thought into your head, Cindy ? Haven't heard that song in a long time. It was a pretty big hit by Tennessee Ernie Ford. Now I singing it to myself. Ha ! You knew better that trying to move that storage chest without moving the drawers. Betcha ya won't do that again.

Bernie, Bernie, Bernie. Really? I told CHRIS we had to empty the drawers. He said, naw, this'll work.
I think it was a toss up between the weight of the work bench and how many nails I picked up and sorted as to why I was channeling Ernie. 

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/18 12:08:16 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Another sunny hot day on hand. A high of 95F.   No rain for us until Wednesday. 
Been hauling the watering can the last few days.  Trying to keep flowers and veggie plants alive.
Was awaken very early by the cat licking my belly button.  It tickled and I laughed right out loud.   
That was a new one!   Got up did yard patrol.  Fed the pets and went back to bed.  Slept until nearly 10 a.m.  
SJ just left out for the day.  Directing a telethon for abused children.  Hope it does well.  Good cause.
Did the laundry yesterday.  Thinking I better work on the ironing today.  Almost time to start packing
for our trip to Biloxi.     

C&C,  what a mess you had to clean up out of the driveway.   We had the opposite problem when we
moved the big tool chest without taking out the drawers.  Tools shifted and we could not open many of the drawers. 
Enjoy the new deep freezer.  Hopefully, that will be easier to get into place.  

Twirls, enjoy your day with Jan.  Pool time sounds wonderful today.

Bernie, glad the date went well.  Did you get your hug? 
Those boys had to be so much fun.  Watching them experience ocean creatures for the first time.  Awesome!
Pretty sure UpHill stayed at the Allegro Cozumel.  Sister resort next door to the Occidental Cozumel. 
Both resorts now owned by Barcelo.   SC and her BF are going to Allegro in December.  
Flying direct to Cozumel.  I have always wanted to take the ferry ride to Cozumel.  So we are flying into Cancun. 

SC, just sent me a video of her bunny bouncing around in the grass on a leash.  Now I've seen everything!  LOL

Everyone have a beautiful day!  Hugs
post edited by PJamigo - 2019/08/18 12:16:47

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/18 12:14:09 (permalink)
+2 (2)
I love Tennesse Ernie Ford!!  Found this on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIfu2A0ezq0

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/18 16:33:57 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good afternoon.  72 and fair skies.  Another beautiful day feeling a lot like September weather here.  Got 2" of rain in the wee hours.  Off to church this morning and then did the majority of dusting.  Feeling much better with a cleaner house.  Was beginning to wear on me, as strange as that might seem.  Neighbors are coming in shortly from trip to Missouri a day earlier.  Have not met the entire family yet across the street. Planning to bake up some cookies and do a meet and greet soon. 

PJ, love the pic of little bunny.  Hope the charity event raises the much needed cash.  Cannot wait for your upcoming trip.  We do anticipate some great trip photos.  Hugs.

Holly, you sound pretty happy lately.  Doggies are loving the attention and glad you didn't get hurt much "worser".   

BeachBilly, hoping you are feeling better real soon.  I am so allergic to grass clippings the last few years.  Can no longer do leaf raking and hire fall clean-up from neighborhood kiddo.  What's prognosis on rider?  

Badger, do you work 7 days a week?  Please give yourself one day of rest.  Don't know if I could compete with the boat drinx crew.

Bob must be on another adventure.

Hola Frank.  Hope you are doing okay.  

Bernie, glad you enjoyed your time with new lady friend.  Just breath and see what happens.

Always missing lots of responses and hellos to all.  Make it a beautiful evening all.  MB

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/19 04:44:53 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Bunnies, it's Moanday.

Bernie, so glad the date went well!

Twirls, you made me LOL with your description of that thing you found at the market, especially when you said "Only Asian farmers had them." I know, my mind is warped.

MB, yeah, I will probably be working 7 days a week from now until winter.

Speaking of work, going in early today.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/19 05:10:35 (permalink)
Good Morning
PJ, I have a soft spot for Tennessee Ernie, too. I've probably said this before, but when my mother was dying of ovarian cancer, Dad put in an intercom between the house and the dairy barn, just in case any emergencies arose. So while us girls were working on dinner and watching my younger brother, we'd listen to Dad sing or whistle while he milked the cows. 16 tons was a favorite, also "A closer walk with thee" (don't remember if Ernie did that one, but I think so) Lots of Johnny Cash and a little bit of Patsy Cline. And the whistling! He could whistle like Bing Crosby! Think the cows all liked it too.  Only time he didn't whistle or sing is when the there was a Cubs game on, then the barn radio was cranked up loud. Oh, and the bunny sure is cute!

Yesterday Chris worked on the shed while I worked on the garage. Still lots of organizing to do, but the space for the freezer is ready, and the garage is swept clean. Still some junk we need to get rid of; broken down microwave and a cracked crockpot...prolly some other junk up on higher shelves. But Progress!

Bernie, ONE step at a time!  Glad to hear the date went well.

That's all I can remember right now. Have a beautiful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/19 06:00:42 (permalink)
PJamigo

Pretty sure UpHill stayed at the Allegro Cozumel.  Sister resort next door to the Occidental Cozumel. 

SC, just sent me a video of her bunny bouncing around in the grass on a leash.  Now I've seen everything!  LOL

Cute bunny rabbit, I think he needs another posting!

PJ, you have a good memory! I have been to the Allegro, once, April 2010. Yeah, take it for how that sounds, LOL! It was a while ago, and I remember booking it that it was $200.00 cheaper than the Iberostar, which is on the other side of the Occidental. We ended up wishing we had spent that $200.00. I refer to the Allegro as Iberostar Lite. While the Allegro has a kiddie water park, that was kinda fun for us older kids, and, arguably, the best beach on Cozumel, with sand going out to the deep end of the roped off swim area, everything else about the Allegro is just less than the Iberostar. The landscaping was not as good or pretty. The rooms were a little less, the food was cafeteria grade, though we did manage to find things we'd like. Drinks were harder to come by, less bars, shorter hours for the bars, entertainment was not quite as good. I mean, there's nothing wrong with the Allegro, but there is so much that they could do a little better. Like I said, I found myself wishing I had upgraded myself at the Iberostar for $200.00 for the week for the 2 of us ($100.00 each). There is a distinct difference. 

All three resorts there, the Allegro, Occidental Grand and Iberostar sit on a really decent beach, with Allegro having the very best on the island. As you walk south towards the Iberostar, you get more shells and rock, but nothing I found objectionable. None of these beaches would ever be confused with the sugary beaches of Punta Cana. My take on the Occidental, is that it sits between the Allegro and Iberostar. From friends who have stayed there, that is what they tell me, it is between the Allegro and Iberostar. Food quality, activities, etc.... I have not stayed at the Occidental, but from their comparisons when they have also stayed at one of the other two resorts to give a comparison point, that is my basic feel. Everybody is different, but I have only heard one person say they prefer the Occidental over the Iberostar. Most rate these, from best to worst, Iberostar, Occidental, Allegro. All three limit the number of specialty restaurants you may visit while staying there, when I was there, it was 3 times in a week, otherwise it was the buffet. 

I just remembered that when I was at the Allegro, they wanted to give me a tour of the Grand, which is where we should be staying, they told me. I declined, as I do with all tours (Timeshare sales folks). I do like the look of the Occidental from the beach, they have a large palapa with a bar, maybe snacks right on the beach. All three are bungalow set up, not high rise, which I like. Wow, I'm typing a lot about the Cozumel resorts, I'll end it here.

Have a great day all!

Lovin life,
Bob

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/19 06:33:37 (permalink)
PJ
 "We had the opposite problem when we
moved the big tool chest without taking out the drawers.  Tools shifted and we could not open many of the drawers."

We also had that issue,  I could not remove any of the drawers.  I cut a small hole in the bottom panel so we could reach in and fish the stuff out.  What a PITA.

Video
Pix
YouTube

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/19 08:25:24 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Nice sunny skies this AM with forecast to be mostly sunny. Nice. Current temp 77F at 7:56. High of 86.

Yesterday I made a trip to Walgreens to buy some liquid cough medicine with an expectorant in it. It seems to be working OK but it doesn't taste that good. Green color; supposed to be minty. I like the cherry stuff better. They were out of the cherry flavor. Looks like everyone else likes the cherry as well. Ha !

Not much on my list for today other than getting some more coffee filters. Getting low on them and don't want to run out. That's not good. Also need to call American reference a change on my return flight at Christmas. The Charlotte to Wilmington leg has changed just about everything that could be changed : later arrival time, larger plane, different flight number and seat that went from row 12 to row 25. That's weird.

Cindy, I understand now how the chest accident happened : it was Chris that didn't listen to you ! 

PJ, cute bunny picture. So what is SC's thought process on the leash ? She going to start jogging around the block with the bunny ? ha,ha. I wonder what the bunny is thinking. Yes, I did get a hug when I met Darlene and another one when I walked her to the car and opened the door for her, plus a little kiss for being a 'good' boy. Hee,hee.

" Just breathe". Good advise, MB

Badge, ya gotta make hay while the weather is still nice. You know what will happen by November time.

Cindy, fond memories of your Dad singing and whistling in the barn. Your advise about 'taking one step at a time' is also noteworthy.

Hi Bob. Where you been hiding ?

Time for me to get going.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/19 08:31:37 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Group pictures before leaving to airport l

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/19 08:34:47 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Grandpa and the boys

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/19 08:38:12 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Family pic. Car loaded and off to Myrtle Beach airport 
post edited by Beach Bernie - 2019/08/19 08:43:01

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/19 08:46:56 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I think it was Holly that asked about the kids 'smiles' when they are in pictures. It is what Meredith taught them to say :  "cheese". It does look cheesy all right. Or rather corny. Hee,hee

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/19 10:32:46 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!  
Sunny and another 90 degrees plus day here.  Getting a late start on my day.
Went to bed very late.  SJ didn't get home until close to midnight.  He was still all wired up from a day of directing live TV.
Telethon was very successful.  Raised a million and a half for the Carl Perkins Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse.
Made myself get that ironing done.  Watched 3 movies on the new TV in the bedroom while ironing. 
Rumors of Angels, First Wives Club and The Gift.  

Uphill,  sometimes my memory is good.  LOL  Not always.  
Thanks for the comparison of the resorts.  It is the beach I am after.  Can live with everything else.

Cindy,  your dad sounds like my dad.  When he was working.  Always singing or whistling.
Must have lifted them up.  Help them forget about their troubles.  

Bernie,  great pics!  Cheese!  LOL SC was letting the bunny get some fresh air and nibble on the grass. 
SC does not really like to run.  Unless she is in danger.  Ha! Ha!  

MB,  glad the weather and temps have gotten better for you.  Be another couple of weeks or so before we have cool down.

post edited by PJamigo - 2019/08/19 11:13:21

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5525
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/19 11:05:25 (permalink)
Morning BCrs

Congrats to SC!  WooHoo!

Roasted some of the surplus tomatoes, garlic and herbs from our garden this morning and into the freezer.  

Cindy found 2 molars -just after your comment about stepping on one. Enjoy your new freezer, did you get a stand up?  I freeze lots too, roasted a good crop of maters to use during winter and grated zucchini ready for baking.  Turnip hummus anyone?

BeBe beautiful family, looks like you had a great vacay.

Interesting UHK

PJ your niece is gorgeous! AND bunny is so cute.  Have a wild bunnies around here mainly in the orchard area, yesterday a baby was in our neighbours garden.  Same colour as SC little flop eared cutie.

Nipper funny chica!

Congrats Twirls on booking flight.  Sorry about your fall, feel better soon.

Glad you are feeling better Jamie.

MB can't wait to see your finished projects.

We lost power for a full day, a generator is a must living here.  Watching for sales, any suggestions peeps?  Thinking a quiet honda type to plug in freezer, etc.

Our kids rolled into the lake campsite yesterday, they are using a 'new to them' tent trailer.  Went down to the site and had a lovely steak dinner and zucchini loaf for desert.   Made the Zuke loaf with 1/2 C of Mayan honey and applesauce.  Kids and grand are riding their bikes up to our home this morning going to hang with us for the day, swim etc.  Started a pizza dough for lunch will fire up the Q to cook on.

Zoey pup has an upset stomach still, otherwise healthy and lively.  Chalking it up to teething and dosing pumpkin into her meals for fibre support.  Fingers crossed it is only temporary.

Gotta skoot, make it a gooder.

Arrived and enjoying the Roo!
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/19 18:35:47 (permalink)
Good evening  79 and sunny.  Another beautiful day here.  Ran a couple of errands early and then back home to finally tackle the upstairs linen closet.  Reorganized the one upstairs and finally have all the new towels in there.  Still have not donated all of the ones I need to be rid of  I figure plenty of time for that.  Also reorganizing the shelving in walk-in closet in master BR.  Made good progress.  Some purging and more donations.  Did a bit of organizing downstairs linen closet in downstairs bath but got a but tired of it all.  Trunk of car is loaded up again with cardboard, some electronics, used nail polish and other household liquid items to be either recycled or reused.  Between that I did two loads of wash, tended to outdoor flowers and a lawn walk-about to pick up more black walnut fronds and nuts.  Suppose to get some rain tomorrow so now mowing probably Wednesday.

Cindy, thanks for inspiring me to do more reorganizing.  Next on my list is to start on the dust collectors on top of kitchen cupboard and incorporate some fun metal pieces I picked up recently.  It does involve a ladder which I am not looking forward to. Good job on the shed and garage.  The kinda stuff I put off until necessary.

SoSo, sounds like you are keeping plenty busy with homestead, family and Zoey.  Life is good.

Bernie, breath/breathe whatever....you got the point and Cindy's as well.

Where's Crunchie?

Hey Pablo.  Sure wish you had one day of rest but you are probably use to it.  I sure am enjoying this cooler weather but dew points are suppose to be oppressive tomorrow with rain and then another cool down.  Feels like the bouncy bouncy fall stuff happening way too early.  MN state fair starts on Thursday.  Hope you and your crew are doing well.

Hola Bob.  Thanks for your explanation of the three places on Coz.  Always good to hear from a trusted friend that knows the properties first hand.

Pam, that is fabulous that much money was raised.    SJ must be super happy.  Sure wish he could slow down a bit.

Twirls, did you have a nice time with you friend visit and pool time? 

Not much else to say other than I did bake the different kinds of cookies early last evening and delivered them to new neighbor.  Have a beautiful evening.  MB

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/19 21:18:45 (permalink)
Night all.  between the visit, food prep, and the sunny hot pool day, Im exhausted.
I'll try to catch up tomorrow.
Page: << < ..1001100210031004 Showing page 1004 of 1004
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5