AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..10011002100310041005.. > >> Showing page 1003 of 1028
Author
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29469
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/16 06:38:06 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Funny story Cindy. You know she was really comfy when she falls off the couch.

Hope the meet was pleasant Bernie.

Today the high is supposed to be 101 with a heat index of 1k. Ozone warning. The air is just still and hot and yuck.  Just think, in a couple months I will be biatching about the cold and MB will be shoveling snow.............

That made me laugh Nipper. Good one. Cindy, I have been told in the past that I looked like one of those paintings of the ?pre-raphalite women. Some term like that. You know, the chubby naked woman in the old master paintings
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/16 08:32:14 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Slept in as the heavy rain pounding down this AM. Still raining as a big storm moves up the coast. Freddie out on the screened porch and not sure what to think. Current temp 77F at 8:44 with a high of 84 degrees.

Yesterday I did my trip to Cosco but first stopped at Debby's house to return a couple of items she left here
on the beach family day. She added a few items to my Costco list which I dropped off on my way home. That round trip ate up over 1/2 my day. By the way, PJ, I used my hand truck ( dolly ) to haul the two 40 pound bags from the truck bed to the interior of the garage. Saved my back big time.

Only one thing on my list today. I have one big bill to pay that I delayed a bit ( Citi credit card ); wanted to wait until my "Uncle Sam" paid me my Social Security funds. That should tell you I'm no 55 years old, Kim. Hee, hee. Thanks for the chuckle, tho.

Cindy, I assume you were asking about my date ?  That's tomorrow night. I bet you tell your boys to "go get Chris". hee,hee. Good trick to teach them. I'll never tell.

PJ, very pretty picture of Anna and her new husband. Nice that they had the opportunity to be married in Hawaii.

Hi Nipper !  What kind of bike ?

Badger, I have a good feeling about my date tomorrow night and yes, I'll let y'all know.

MB, thanks for your wishes but I am not planning to put her on my counter; it is too high.  ( reread your last post ). Ha !

Coffer time is done.  I post a couple more pictures of the boat ride last week.

See ya,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/16 08:36:05 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Mer did this shot from the bow,

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/16 08:39:32 (permalink)
+1 (1)
BeBe with Sam. The boys had to wear those "little life jackets" whenever on the boat. Coast Guard regs.

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/16 08:40:54 (permalink)
+1 (1)
back at the dock ramp.

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/16 10:15:25 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Partly cloudy with a high of 91F coming this afternoon.  
Don't mind the warm afternoons.  Love the cool evenings and mornings this time of year.

Nipper,  too funny!  Enjoy your new bike.  

Badger,  I don't remember either who mentioned a BC get together in PoMo in Dec. 2020.
Short term memory loss.  LOL  Though I do like the idea.  SJ should be able to stay longer than a week
at that time.  Looking like the sargasso pattern changes and will be gone at that time of year. 

Cindy,  Awe... poor Sophie.  Bet she was embarrassed about sliding off the couch. 

Well, that's all I got.  Time to get busy here.  Wishing all of you a great day!

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/16 11:35:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all
I was sleeping so great last night then all of a sudden I awoke from a loud clatter and sprang from my bed to see what was the matter...NO it wasn't Santa Claus on the roof!  LOL!  It was a huge boom of thunder.  Normally I would have gone right back to sleep but apparently it scared Pearl so bad that she let out a very loud screeching BAH-ROOO and began yodeling!  I was so startled from sleep that I couldn't quite gather my brains and I couldn't remember her name for a second.  Took me a bit to get us both back to normal breathing mode!  She dozed off and was snoring away while I laid there NOT SLEEPING!  I also jerked my back when startled from sleep and I finally had to give up and take the stinkin ibuprofen.
Storms had been forecast but were expected to stay mostly to the north.  The wind was pretty fierce and I worried because we hadn't put the patio umbrellas down!  The rain was torrential.  The rain finally lulled me back to sleep.

Bernie, that Sam is a cutie and I bet will be a handful as he grows up!  

Cindy, how funny but poor Sophie!  I've haven't had dogs sleeping on the bed since the Schnauzers and prior divorce.  My beds since then have all been too high from the floor that I was afraid that any pups would fall off.  Plus 2 people in a queen size bed doesn't leave room for much else.  When I got Pearl and it was just the 2 of us, I let her sleep on the bed a night or 2 but she was a barn pup and didn't seem comfy on the bed.  Plus it's too tall for her to get on.  

BTW Ladies, us skinny gals think you are the proper size and we are not.  It's actually true that you are normal/average sized.  Not obese, not even fat or plump.   You are just right and we are the ones who are odd.  I looked at my thin arms with all the loose skin wrinkles yesterday.  It's terrible and I must try harder to get more muscle and flesh on my bones.  Yes, I tried on swimsuits yesterday.  NADA!  Too bad as Dillards had a great selection but nothing that was age appropriate would fit!  I don't think they even try to carry age appropriate suits in my size because I'm NOT THE NORMAL size as most women my age!  
Done with that rant!

Chris is home because of the rain and I guess he is hungry.  He fixed bacon, eggs and toast and just plopped a plate in front of me.  Later.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/17 05:46:37 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Badger must be up and out early. Either that or his post will magically appear when I'm done with my slow typing. Had fun talking with them last night.
Haven't checked today's weather yet, but can feel the humidity up quite a bit. We had 3 separate rounds of rain yesterday, morning, midday and evening. Glad I got the mowing done on Thursday.

Bernie, that pic of you and Sam could only be better if Sam had a jungle hat like yours. Those boys look very fair skinned like you, hope Meredith had them well coated with sunscreen.

Plans for the day are wait and see what the weather allows, and then make plans. Wishing you all a wonderful day!
Cindy 

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/17 05:57:54 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Yodelers, it's Saturday.

Nope, Cindy, I'm here, been up for a couple of hours, can't go to work unit 7:30 today. Boat Drinx was fun and we got to see the two doggies briefly.

PJ, how is SC doing?

Has anyone talked to BBilly lately?

Nice photos Bernie, hope things go well tonight.

Twirls, I'll give you a call sometime this weekend.

Crunch, I think many of us can identify with this...

post edited by Badger - 2019/08/17 06:02:31

Wag more....bark less.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/17 07:17:09 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Rain rain rain again today, just like yesterday. Current temp 76F at 7:36 with a beach high of 84 degrees.Forecast is rain and t-storms as this weather moves up the coast. Tourist will not be happy.

Yesterday I did some laundry and bill pay then went to Fibber's for lunch. PJ, when I got back home I looked at the Occidental Hotel in Coz. Just for fun I checked the 1st week in December to get a price for a single in the standard room. Wasn't too bad at $133 per night. Looks like a pretty place with a nice beach.

Today I have no errands so breakfast at Nell's sounds good. I plan to call my date and make sure she is on for dinner tonight. Original plans were to sit outside but that probably isn't a good idea with the storms.

Cindy, yes, Meredith was constantly putting the sun screen on herself and the kids. Just a way of life with we pale-skinned people.

Thanks, Badger. I let ya know how the date goes.

Every body sleeping in this morning ?  I'll post a few pictures of the family trip to the aquarium.

See y'all later.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/17 07:22:44 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Start of the day in Myrtle.  

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/17 07:25:46 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Getting ready to help Sam pet the horseshoe crabs.

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/17 07:28:28 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Jack somewhat apprehensive

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/17 07:33:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Here we go Sam ! He's ready to touch them !

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/17 09:10:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all
Dang, I planned to get up early and be at the farmer's market by now.  Oh well.  I'm not in great shape today and moving pretty slow.  Yesterday afternoon I did another crash dive in pea gravel!  It was earlier than cocktail hour so no, I hadn't had a drop.  I was cleaning the dead brown stalks out of the day lilies and I had one foot on the short rock wall and the other in the pea gravel.  Got off balance as my foot buried in the gravel when I went to turn.  My elbows took the brunt of catching me.  Took forever to stop bleeding.  As i tried to get up, that hernia or twisted gut thing happened again and I was in real pain in my twisted up position.  Fortunately Chris was here and heard me yelling for help.  He got me on my feet and I limped in the house.  I'm sure he feels bad because I had asked him to do that job but he kept putting it off.  I'm just stiff and sore now.  My elbow gashes aren't deep.  My balance has really gotten bad because of deforming foot.  It's getting very bad with the RA.  Note to self:  Stay out of shifting gravel.

Badger, I text with BB most days.  She's had a cold or sinus /allergy problem.   Her mower is down so at least she got someone to mow for her.  Good thing as if it's allergies, the mowing is probably making her condition worse.  Seems like several of you have to mow all the time. 
I did enjoy living rural and couldn't imagine living in town.  This is the first neighborhood I've lived in since I moved out of Mom's house.  I hated leaving the lake but I understand why Jay needed to and I appreciate it now.  This area is so quiet that when you are in the back yard, everyone says it doesn't seem like you are in town at all.  Yet 2 blocks away are stores and restaurants.  I wouldn't give up the convenience now.  I have plenty of yard and plantings and all the things I really can enjoy.  Less is MORE!  I'm so glad we did it now.

Going to try to get ready and go to the market.  
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/17 11:14:23 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Sunny and hot here.  Going for a High temp of 94F this afternoon.
Woke up late.  Just finished morning chores.  Have a few errands to run today.

Twirls, sorry about your poor elbow.  That gravel will throw you like a bad horse.
I have to walk very carefully around this hillside.  

Badger,  SC is doing OK.  SJ's right hand is still pretty much useless.
The only blessing in that is he is not in pain.  Has appt. Aug. 30th with a neurologist. 

Bernie,  Good price on the OC for a single.  Enjoy your evening.  Hope all goes well
in spite of the storms.  Loving the pics of your grandsons.  

Wishing everyone a beautiful day!  Hugs  

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/17 16:52:42 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good afternoon:aa
big day today, moved the workbench and storage chest out of the garage and into temporary quarters in the lower level of the shed.  we needed to make a place in the garage for the freezer that is scheduled for delivery on Tuesday.  I am getting enough stuff out of the garden that it makes sense to freeze some of it rather than eat what we can fresh and let the rest rot.  if I still have some energy tomorrow I may start to clean the piles of debris out of the bay in the upper level of the shed that will become the permanent home for the work bench and tool chest.  the tool chest is an old 5 drawer dresser that was used to store nails and screws and assorted small tools and hardware.  I thought I could move it without emptying out all the drawers.  It fell off the wagon and made a huge freaking mess in the driveway that took a couple hours to pick up.  but, since we accomplished a lot we are treating ourselves to Don Ramone's for dinner.

(that was Chris) 
A PS from Cindy; OMG, Badger, I am so glad you left that magnet sweeper thing here! Nails all over the driveway!
post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2019/08/17 16:56:56

Video
Pix
YouTube

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/17 18:29:25 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening  80 and sunny  Another beautiful day here with low dew points.  Got myself ready for the day.  Cleaned the four blinds in kitchen today....couldn't stand it anymore.  That led to cleaning all the floors and carpet throughout and cleaning both bathrooms  Way behind with household chores with all the folks in/out with projects. Headed to neighbors to water outdoor flowers and then back to deadhead and water all of mine.  Totally wiped out and contemplating dinner choices.  Glad I barbecued chicken breasts and pork fillets last evening for lots of leftovers. 

Badger, I can only imagine boat drinx, my friend.

Twirls, thanks for update on Claire. Hope she is feeling better.  Allergies are kicking my butt now.  Ugh.  Hey girl, you need to be more careful.  As you know, one of these days, you won't be so lucky and end up with some broken bone(s).   Good thing Chris is there to assist.

PJ, look forward to hearing more of the neurology appointment for sweetie.  Sucks with aging.  I also checked out your love shack like Bernie.  Looks beautiful for your special anniversary.  Look forward to your candid review.

Bob, not sure if I commented on your earlier pics.  Simply said, enjoy them all and keep it up with your adventures.

Bernie, hope that date is going well and maybe she is the one for you.  Will need an update manana.

SoSo, you must be super busy these days.  How much will Zoey weight full term?  

Geeez Crunch.  Hope things have cooled down a tad.

Hola to the rest of the BC.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend and please be happy.  MB

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/18 06:15:16 (permalink)
Good Morning Crabs, it's Sunday.

PJ, yes, I meant to ask about SJ not SC.

MB, we'll have to try group Boat Drinx some time.

Cindy, glad that magnet came in handy again.

Twirls, was nice talking to you again!

Bernie, spill the beans!

Radar shows a large batch of rain moving in so it'll be a good day to catch up on inside jobs for people.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/18 06:17:12 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Running a little late, been dawdling around this am. Had a great dinner last night, even splurged and shared a slice of flan for dessert. Slept like a rock last night. I remember as I was falling asleep the old tune from "ya load 16 tons, and whadda get?" was running through my head. Have to scurry and get dressed for church, Have a great day, all!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/18 08:46:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

It's sun shinning this AM and supposed to be partly sunny all day. That's great after the last two days of heavy rain and thunder storms. Current temp 77 at 8:41. High today 88 degrees.

Didn't do much of anything yesterday. Rain was horrid. There was a pause long enough for me to arrive at The Inlet View about 20 minutes before Darlene. I had talked to her previously a few hours before and asked if she was a "hugger" ? She answered that she was from an Italian family and she had planned to hug me on our first meeting. Great answer !

No use in trying to sit outside so we chose to sit at the bar. Darlene had this huge seafood salad that she almost finished. I had the grilled and blacken Mahi Mahi sandwich. The food was fantastic and we had a few drinkies as we chatted. She actually can 'out-talk' me and that was OK. Surprising what you can learn if you listen. Hee,hee. Besides, I liked to hear her Connecticut accent. We both agreed that we had a great time and Darlene asked where we should go on our next date ?  I almost said "Mexico" but I bit my lip. Patience Bernie patience. I suggested we talk tomorrow and plan something. I know she likes boating and plays pickle ball, although hopefully not at the same time.

Beans are spilled, Badger !  I really like this lady. Will see how things develop.

What brought that thought into your head, Cindy ? Haven't heard that song in a long time. It was a pretty big hit by Tennessee Ernie Ford. Now I singing it to myself. Ha ! You knew better that trying to move that storage chest without moving the drawers. Betcha ya won't do that again.

PJ, yes, nice looking place.  Was that the one that UpHill did a 'mini trip report' about ? I think I read that is owned by the Bahia chain.

MB, you sound like you got started on that cleaning job and just didn't stop !! Drywall repairs are one of the worst to get it completely cleaned up.

I have a few more pictures to post on the Aquarium trip.  Will do so shortly.

See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/18 08:49:11 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Jack and Sam just couldn't get enough of those Horseshoe crabs.

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/18 08:51:09 (permalink)
+1 (1)
This exhibit was very popular

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/18 08:54:55 (permalink)
+1 (1)
This is part of the very long tunnel that has water over the top where all the fish and turtles swim over you. Including the  sharks !

post edited by Beach Bernie - 2019/08/18 08:58:14

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/18 10:13:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning
Bernie, that last pic of Sam got me giggling.  What a big cheesy ham that one is!  Did someone teach him to smile for the camera?  I can see that he has your BIG personality!  He's a real cutie.
I'm happy about your date.  She sounds like a great gal.

If anyone is having trouble sleeping, I highly recommend CBD oil!  Plus I do think it gives a pleasant lift to the spirit!  It may help with pain but mine is so off and on, It's hard to tell.  At least I sleep more pain free.  Apparently I slept through heavy winds this morning.  Chris said some the patio plants were blown over and the floaties were against the fence.  I do remember hearing a bit of thunder.

Nothing new here.  Jan and hubby are arriving later today.  Just a quick overnight visit to get away.  Hoping the weather cooperates for some pool time.  I made potato salad yesterday.  I hope Chris doesn't eat it all.  He heaped his plate last night and declared it was wonderful.  Also smoking some ribs.  The market in town yesterday was a bust!  I didn't get there early enough and all the heirloom tomatoes and peaches were gone.  I got sweet corn, peaches, and a watermelon at a produce stand about 1 block from the house.  
The asian farmers at the market all had a curious looking Veggie(?) I had never seen.  Shaped and sized like a cucumber but had very numerous and very spikey bumps.  Almost resembling a porcupine look but not sharp.  I was looking at them and all of a sudden it dawn on me what they resembled...LOL!  I've seen them in magazines for women... YEP... dildos!  YIKES!  I don't recall exactly the label on them but it was BITTER something ...maybe Melon?  I was too embarrassed to examine them further or inquire!    Anyone know what those things are?  Only the asian farmers had them...

Since Pearl became so insistent on getting scratched, Margarita decided that she also wants to be scratched.  Highly unusual for her to want petting or scratching.  Anytime I sit down, here they come.  Pearl is demanding.  She sticks her butt out and yips.  Margarita just stands there with big sad eyes.  It becomes a push and shove issue and then I have to announce "That's ENOUGH!"

KC lost a pre season game to the Steelers last night.
You all enjoy your Sunday!

Page: << < ..10011002100310041005.. > >> Showing page 1003 of 1028
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5