AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..9969979989991000.. > >> Showing page 1000 of 1057
Author
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/08/10 08:14:24 (permalink)
+1 (1)
CallMeFrank
Badger
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Friday.

Babs and I are leaving here shortly to join a bus load of people going to Milwaukee for a Brewers game this evening, we'll be back late tomorrow.

I know you will have a great time especially since you are playing Pittsburgh, the last place team in our division.  For your sake I hope they win!  For my Cardinals we would like to see a loss since we need to pick up some ground to knock you out of 2nd place..  That is if we can win.  Coming off that 0-5 West Coast trip really hurt.  When it comes to the playoffs I'll be cheering for the Brewers as long as the Cardinals have blown it and aren't in it.
PS--Drink up, you have a designated driver!

Good Morning Gooders, it's Saturday.

Frank, we actually have an interleague series with the Texas Rangers this weekend, game was a blast last night as the Brewers won on a walk off homer with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th! Lots of fun with our friends and we were lucky enough to get two giveaways last night, we all received free hats & tshirts because of 2 different promotions. Tshirts were all in size XL, so too small for me, but I will gift it to somebody in Mexico. Good luck to your Cards. 
Going to be a long day to get back home, over six hours driving, plus a lunch stop means we won't get back until late evening. 

Bernie, bring earplugs!!! The sound of multiple screaming kids hurts my head.

Wag more....bark less.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/10 09:09:39 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Partly cloudy, hot and humid here.  Pretty much normal August weather for us.
No plans for this weekend.  Just gonna lay low and stay cool. 

Bernie,  have a great time today with the boys.  Yah, there is gonna be screaming kids. LOL

Uphill,  what a cool kayak adventure with your friends!  Great pictures!

C&C,  wishing you safe travels to the wedding. 
SC is a bridesmaid in a wedding today.  BF's sister is getting married.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!    Hugs

Susy
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3241
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/10 11:59:57 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Don't faint everyone ~ it's me and I am finally posting!!!  I wrote this about a month ago and saved it, intending to finish it the next day!

It will be a quickie and then I will catch up on everything else in a day or two. 

I've been working out in the yard for the last couple of weeks trying to get caught up on the freaking jungle that is growing out there ~ we had so much rain in the Spring (which I loved and was much needed) but it made everything grow like weeds!  It was still raining when we left for Mexico in May so I was unable to get any yard work done before we left ~ was busy catching up on everything else when we got home and then spent a week in Tahoe with our daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren so I fell even further behind in pruning, weeding and cleaning up the winter mess!  Now it's hotter than H*** and it's busting my bum ~ I'm getting too old to do this!  I really need to thin things out ~ I feel like I just get the front yard all done, head to the back yard ~ then the front yard needs to be done already!!!

Enough of my complaining!!!  While out there though, it gives me so much time to think about everything and of course, thinking about Mexico. 

I have to say that meeting and being with so many of you all in May was one of the most wonderful experiences that I have ever had!!!  Tim has always thought of my Loco Gringo thing as kind of questionable ~ he didn't really "get it" ~ he thinks that it's weird that you talk to people that you've never met and most importantly ~ I should be doing something instead of wasting time on the computer on Loco Gringo ~ and that I need to get "real friends"!

As our USA transfer pulled away from Hotel Hacienda Morelos, Tim turned to me and said, "that was sad" ~ I asked what he meant and he said ~ "saying good-bye, I'm really going to miss them all"!  I had tears and I felt like he finally got it!!!  It's just something about all of us that seems to click ~ we all just get along so well, like we've known each other forever ~ I've never known a greater group of people that I love so much and enjoy being with!!!

Our only regret was that it wasn't long enough!!!  We loved meeting with and being with each and every one of you so very, very much!  The laughs and the stories and the time together will forever be in my heart!  How wonderful it would be if we could do it all over again. 

We're planning on going to Isla Mujeres again in May.  We really liked Puerto Morelos, the little town square and all of the fantastic places to eat and the Chedraui ~ I could have wandered around in there all day long!!!  We did miss getting in the ocean due to the sargassum ~ that's our only complaint about PM. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, now I'm here ~ hopefully I'll get this posted before another month passes!

Nothing new and exciting to report from here.  You all know that I'm a lurkylooer ~ read about you everyday!  I promise to catch up with you all and comment about everything the next time I post.

Love and hugs to all ~ have a great weekend!  Oh, and I'll try to find the thingy I saved about how to post pictures on here and share some of our PM trip! 

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29470
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/10 17:25:33 (permalink)
+2 (2)
You need to come to Cozumel in May Susy. Just saying. Loved IM, but Cozumel.....
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/10 17:44:15 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Late afternoon all

Slept well and got up fairly early.  Went to the Springfield farmer's market.  Got a few more Cherokee purple tomatoes and 2 tie dyed.  They are super good!  I also got a white tomato aka Ghost tomato.  Never tried one but the Amish guy said it was less acidic.  Plus I got lots of other things likes pickling cukes and the fresh dill fronds I was seeking.  However I waited too late for green beans to freeze or can.  There were 2 vendors with them, as I made a quick tour. By the time I made the quick tour, 1 was sold out and the other only had enough left for tomorrows dinner.  It looked as if locusts had descended on the beans!
And the peaches had a long line waiting but it moved quick so I am also freezing peaches today.  2 trays in the freezer now and will be transferred to bags so I can do more.  I only have 2 trays that fit in the freezer drawer.

Then met Ann for breakfast at The Early Bird breakfast pub.  The name is kind of funny since it's frequented by the late night restaurant/bar worker crowd, which are not early birds.  However they do have a patio and tables with umbrellas where people smoke, ie, the same workers.  And of course they serve alcohol!  The best is the fact that they serve fabulous food.  The eggs Benedict is the best.  They use applewood smoked ham and their Hollandaise is pretty darn good.  So are the hashbrowns.  We split the Benedict and hash browns and then ate 1/2 order of French Toast for dessert!  Ann had a Mimosa but I had a busy afternoon planned so I only had iced tea.  TMI!  LOL.  Chris is talking and I am rambling too while trying to ignore him...

I did get one batch (7 pints) of FISH HOUSE green tomatoes "put up", as grandma used to say.  After much research, I found that Fish House pickled green tomatoes recipe differed from regular pickled green tomatoes.  I checked several recipes to make sure.  So I made Fish House recipe since my most favorite pickled green tomatoes I ever tasted was at Fred's Fish House in Mountain Home AR, next door to my old resort.  They serve them as a side dish with the best catfish you'll ever eat!
The sliced cukes need to "rest" with the peppers and onion so I have a batch resting in the fridge.  I have to run to Aldi for more pint jars later and I'll finish Bread and butter pickles tomorrow.  Later in the season, I'll do another batch of regular pickled green tomatoes.  I still have several tiny ones on the vine.

Well, that's my day.

Bernie, previous days sound like fun but dunno about today...  Hope you managed to come out with some nerves left!

Bob, sounds fun but also sounds like too much work to enjoy it for me!

Badger, now that's a good time.  So glad you got to enjoy!

Susy!  I love that you finally found time to post!  What about getting away for a few days in December to just POMO?  Pretty Please?  With sugar and strawberries?  And whipped cream?
Anyone else?

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/10 17:44:15 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Late afternoon all

Slept well and got up fairly early.  Went to the Springfield farmer's market.  Got a few more Cherokee purple tomatoes and 2 tie dyed.  They are super good!  I also got a white tomato aka Ghost tomato.  Never tried one but the Amish guy said it was less acidic.  Plus I got lots of other things likes pickling cukes and the fresh dill fronds I was seeking.  However I waited too late for green beans to freeze or can.  There were 2 vendors with them, as I made a quick tour. By the time I made the quick tour, 1 was sold out and the other only had enough left for tomorrows dinner.  It looked as if locusts had descended on the beans!
And the peaches had a long line waiting but it moved quick so I am also freezing peaches today.  2 trays in the freezer now and will be transferred to bags so I can do more.  I only have 2 trays that fit in the freezer drawer.

Then met Ann for breakfast at The Early Bird breakfast pub.  The name is kind of funny since it's frequented by the late night restaurant/bar worker crowd, which are not early birds.  However they do have a patio and tables with umbrellas where people smoke, ie, the same workers.  And of course they serve alcohol!  The best is the fact that they serve fabulous food.  The eggs Benedict is the best.  They use applewood smoked ham and their Hollandaise is pretty darn good.  So are the hashbrowns.  We split the Benedict and hash browns and then ate 1/2 order of French Toast for dessert!  Ann had a Mimosa but I had a busy afternoon planned so I only had iced tea.  TMI!  LOL.  Chris is talking and I am rambling too while trying to ignore him...

I did get one batch (7 pints) of FISH HOUSE green tomatoes "put up", as grandma used to say.  After much research, I found that Fish House pickled green tomatoes recipe differed from regular pickled green tomatoes.  I checked several recipes to make sure.  So I made Fish House recipe since my most favorite pickled green tomatoes I ever tasted was at Fred's Fish House in Mountain Home AR, next door to my old resort.  They serve them as a side dish with the best catfish you'll ever eat!
The sliced cukes need to "rest" with the peppers and onion so I have a batch resting in the fridge.  I have to run to Aldi for more pint jars later and I'll finish Bread and butter pickles tomorrow.  Later in the season, I'll do another batch of regular pickled green tomatoes.  I still have several tiny ones on the vine.

Well, that's my day.

Bernie, previous days sound like fun but dunno about today...  Hope you managed to come out with some nerves left!

Bob, sounds fun but also sounds like too much work to enjoy it for me!

Badger, now that's a good time.  So glad you got to enjoy!

Susy!  I love that you finally found time to post!  What about getting away for a few days in December to just POMO?  Pretty Please?  With sugar and strawberries?  And whipped cream?
Anyone else?

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/10 19:15:30 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  663 and cloudy.  Much cooler weather today and had a quick heavy shower late afternoon which resulted in just shy of 1".  Needed that.  SIL, Holly, stopped by for a few hours.  We hung up to metal wall art pieces and moved a large framed print into my bedroom.  Was grateful for the help and we talked a lot about design, color schemes, new furniture, window treatments and new carpet.  All of which have been added to my to do list not to mention tree/stump removal of 3, possibly 4 trees and having landscape company come in with soil and sod.   Pricey is an understatement.  

Cindy, actually in a bit of a lull on projects waiting on others.  Painter will return on Monday to repair a couple of small areas on ceiling, drop the exhaust fan and clean it, paint ceiling and walls.  He also has to buy, stain, seal and install some wood trim at the base of vanity and hang new mirror. Then electrician will hang the new light fixture in bath and put a box in for the small kitchen light over sink in kitchen.  Hoping that doesn't end up in a tape and mud job like upstairs.  That little Sophie sure is a handful.  Thank goodness for Joey's loving disposition.

Geez Holly you sure have been busy lately.  Great idea on the eggs Benedict.  I don't normally order them out as no one can do the yolks to my liking and I end up having them do a makeover.  Got  spoiled with my electric egg poacher and making them at home to my liking with plenty of hollandaise. 

Hi Claire.  Glad you are keeping busy. Still doing your swimming?

Hola Badger.  What a great game.  Will be good to get back home.  Hope you have a non-working day tomorrow to rest up.

SoSo, you mentioned that black walnut tree.  They have really become an issue, my two, the last couple of years.  Tired of picking up buckets of green walnuts and the fronds wen they drop.  The tannin kills the grass if you don't get them up.  UGH.

Hi Susy.  Thanks for checking in.  Had to chuckle about the yard cleanup.  I feel the same way about the inside of the house.  By the time I get it cleaned and dusted I get to start over again. Thankless job.  Oh well, I don't clean weekly anymore, except for bathroom and bedding.  I moved the other duties to monthly.  Life is too short and I'd rather spend my time doing other more enjoyable things.  Try to check in more often.  That was touching that Tim shared that comment about BC and PoMo with you.   Sounds like he really enjoyed his stay as well.  Look forward to pics.

Bernie, glad the family visit is going well.  Anxious to hear if you made it sanely through today.

Bob, quite the kayak adventure.  Bet is was lots of fun to catch all those fish.  That quite a lot of chop on the water.

Crunchie, I see the dog(s) have migrated to the new leather sofa.  Ahhhhhh....what a life.

Hi to all I've missed here.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend. MB

Susy
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3241
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/10 19:47:26 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Look out ~ twice in one day!!!  I'm BBQing ribs for dinner so I have some time to catch up before they're ready.

My daughter and grandchildren stopped by for a minute today.  We have Facebook Sale groups here in Folsom ~ list your things for sale, people say Interested, first person in line and that commits, you send them directions to your house, set the whatever out on your porch, they pick it up and put the money under your doormat.  Easy peasy ~ much better than freaky Craigslist or Marketplace freaks ~ besides only people that live in Folsom can be in these groups so it's very safe and you can also see their profile on Facebook ~ weeds out the weirdos!  Anyway, Shannon was leaving some of the kid's books that a woman had purchased ~ they live up the hill a little so it's easier for people to pick up her things from our porch.  Sienna (turning 13 in December) was upset when she saw that one of the books was "Going On A Bear Hunt" ~ as Shannon explained, they would have to rent a storage unit if they kept every sentimental thing from the kids childhood!  I had actually never read the book so Grammy got to have story time with Sienna and Smith (turned 5 in March) ~ as I was reading, Sienna was saying the words, she knows it by heart!  It was a bittersweet moment, I got to read it for the first time, Sissy got to hear it one more time and I don't really think that Smith cared one way or the other ~ he was munching on his Ruffles and whispering in my ear that he hoped I would buy him a Mummy toy!  The book was added to the bag and set out on the porch ~ the lady came, left the money ~ another sweet memory for me with my precious weebies!!!

A year ago this evening Mother passed away, just after midnight.  It hasn't gotten any easier ~ it still hurts so very badly ~ I'm just trying to focus on remembering the happy moments of a life time spent with her and not the moments of heartbreak while watching her suffer at the end.  She would be so upset with me ~ saying "Marion Gene, you knock that s*** off right now" ~ always knew when I was in trouble when she or Daddy called me by my real name!!!

The last year has affected me in so very many different ways ~ in the end, they've all been positive ways.  Time with my family is so very precious ~ nothing is more important. 

I feel old realizing I'm next ~ I know that doesn't sound positive but it has made me more aware of my health and the importance of taking care of myself so I have headed back to the gym ~ with my daughter being my biggest supporter, assuring me that I can do it and that I'm really not the oldest person there while showing me how to work all of those freaking machines ~ I'm not on her level yet ~ she does all of those squats and free weights.  She had me try a sit up thingy machine ~ I kept trying and trying and I finally asked her if she had locked it ~ I thought she was going to pee her pants laughing so hard ~ she had me scoot down a baby bit and I was able to finally do 3 of them!  She congratulated me and said ~ Mom, it's a start, don't be so hard on yourself!!! 

I've been putzing around in the yard more ~ planting flowers that are bright and cheery ~ the freaking heat is baking them and the f'*** worms are eating my geraniums but my tomatoes are doing great!  I'm finding that a perfect yard and an immaculate house aren't the most important things to me any longer.

My grandchildren start school on Monday.  Sienna will be in 8th grade and Smith will be in kindergarten ~ the summer flew by but we did have a wonderful trip to Tahoe with the family ~ so many wonderful memories were made ~ we didn't see any bears this trip but they did break into our garbage bin!  How they can do that is beyond me ~ it was all I could do to figure out how to unlatch it and lift the lid!  We're hoping to get away back up to Tahoe for a few days over their Thanksgiving break.  The time spent with my family has become a priority to me ~ it passes so very quickly and I want to try to spend as much of it together as we can ~ before it's too late!

Had a sweet talk with Shannon yesterday after shopping at Trader Joe's ~ there is a furniture resale shop next door and they had a bunch of patio furniture setting all around so we "tried out" a couple of wicker chairs ~ she helped me through an emotional moment!  Here I thought that meeting her at TJ's would get my mind off thinking of Mother ~ she listened and assured me that I was always there for Mother and Daddy as well ~ why do we always feel guilty and think and wish that we could have done more?  I was telling her that I was feeling sad, feeling old myself and feeling that I wouldn't be there to play with my Grandchildren ~ she patted me on the knee and told me that by the time I was that old they would be too old and wouldn't want to play with me!!!  Oh, I love my daughter so very much!!!  There are times that I'm not quite sure what I would do without her!!!

Well, I suppose I better get to gettin!  Aren't you all glad that I don't post more often?  This would have been page 2000 if I was a regular poster!!!

Holly, your comment about rambling while you were posting because Chris was talking made me laugh ~ I have no excuse for my rambling!!!  Also, while PM in December sounds wonderful, we have such a mellow fall and early winter that I hate the thought of leaving during those months ~ our weather is never as bad as you all get back there so I do understand why you leave.  I love being home during the fall and winter and snuggling in during the dreary months!  May is our favorite time down there ~ September is nice but last time we were there we noticed that our hotel was starting to put up storm shutters on the windows and some of the restaurants were closed for slow season. 

Love you all ~ I promise to TRY to be better about posting!!!  Thank you all for allowing me to share my feelings ~ you all are like family to me!!! 

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/11 07:22:43 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy gang.

Partly cloudy all day with a high of 87 degrees. Current temp 77F at 8:01

Meredith, John and kids leave today around 11. The house will be back to normal. I believe Freddie lost a pound from being chased.

Yesterday I avoided the Planet Fun and cut about 1/2 of the grass before it got too hot and humid. John said I made a good move, as a Saturday morning was packed with screaming kids. I actually think the crying of Sam and Jack helped loosen the wax in my ears. When Mer and John got home, the boys took a nap. John and I went outside to trim all of the bushes around my house.

I didn't finish cutting the rest of the grass as it was still too hot and dripping wet humidity. That will be on my list for just about an hour before sunset today.

Hi Susy !! You have come out of the closet, si ?  Good to see you post.

I will get back to my normal schedule and will also post a few pictures each day from family stuff.
See y'all tomorrow,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/11 09:26:46 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Blue sky and sunshine.  Heatwave continues.
Worked on vacuuming and laundry yesterday. 
Need to go grocery shopping.  Might put that off until tomorrow morning.
Feeling lazy right now.  LOL  

Susie,  love your posts.   Hugs

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/11 10:19:58 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Morning all
Another night of waking up to finally take an ibuprofen!  I hate taking them but I should just give up and take one before bed.
Nothing changed since late yesterday when I posted.  I sure don't feel like jumping in and getting busy.  However I still have "resting" cukes and need more jars.  Plus I promised grandson that I would fix a fried chicken dinner since he came and sharpened all my knives.  It's awfully hot by noon and you can practically cut the humidity with a knife.  It just drenches you.  Today and tomorrow's heat index is 105-110!

We didn't have many Hummers this spring /summer months but all of a sudden we do.  Another sign of early fall...they are migrating already.  I've not seen that this early in August before.  Normally that starts about Labor Day.

HMMM,  no C & C or Badger?
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/11 11:35:35 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
It was a late night for us, I don't think we made it home much before midnight. Took the kids and grands to a Sunday brunch as a thankyou for dog sitting. Chris is now napping on the couch. The dogs were fairly well behaved for them yesterday, and still seem chilled out today, both are sleeping at my feet right now. The wedding and reception was a great time, radiant bride. I told her that her mother was truly there, that every time she (the bride) made some irreverent little smirk or eye roll, I saw her mother Nora.  I got a big hug for that. Uncle of the bride, a Michigan Lutheran minister, performed the ceremony, was nice to see him and his family again, as well as Nora's brother and his family, who live in the St. Louis area. Much nicer to catch up with them on a happy occasion, last time we saw them was at Nora's funeral. Didn't know a whole lot of other folks, but had a wonderful time chatting with a youngish couple at our table. Lo and behold, she is a professor of Political Science at our Alma Mater, Valparaiso U. in Indiana, where Chris was a poli sci major. Turns out the former head of the department that taught many of the classes Chris took is STILL there, in an advisory role.(Holy cow, he's gotta be in his 90s by now!) Chris wrote him a note on the back side of our table name card, and she promised to get it to him! Funniest part of the evening was that Chris wore a shirt that is a sort of aqua/teal which was the color of the wedding party. Lot of people asked him if he was a close relative of the bride. We danced a couple of dances and finally made our goodbyes. Drive was longer than usual because it is "construction season", the direct main highway was closed and we had to take a lot of meandering county roads there and back.

Now I've been rambling! But I have to add, so happy to see posts from Susy! Love you, girlfriend! Say Hi to Tim from us!
Morning is almost gone now, have a great rest of the day!
Cindy
post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2019/08/11 13:56:39

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/11 11:39:36 (permalink)
sorry, double post.
post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2019/08/11 13:58:27

Video
Pix
YouTube

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3798
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/11 18:19:22 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Susy, always good to hear from you, garden sounds great. Glad Tim had a good time in PoMo.

Hope Paul and Babs had a good time at the baseball game. Not really following the sport too much this year, other than the Dodgers are doing great.

Cindy so glad you and Chris had a wonderful time at the wedding. It's always nice to run into old friends and new. Nice that Sophie is getting her regular teeth, maybe she will leave Joey alone for a bit now.

Bernie glad to hear you are having quality time with your family, hope to see pics in a few days. Is Planet Fun something like Chuck e Cheese? Weather sounds nice and hot.

Had to spend better part of yesterday at the ER. Have been fighting some bug for over two weeks and it just got unbearable. Two weeks ago the ER doc said I likely had a virus and let it "run its course" Same doctor was on ER duty and told her I did not think a normal virus lasted over two weeks. Ran a whole bunch of tests including gall bladder, nothing wrong, doc thinks maybe gastritus since I kept throwing up and could not even eat a saltine. Gave me some morphine and massive amounts of Nausea drugs like Zofran, etc via IV and that seems to have kicked butt. Feeling almost normal this morning, have my appetite back pretty much to normal. Taking it easy next few days, along with some Pepcid. It was so great to be able to eat toast again.
Sister Laurie stopped by and got me a few groceries since she was going to the store anyway, mostly good stuff I cannot order online like deli stuff. Have a wonderful Italian meat sandwich on ciabatta bread in the fridge for tomorrow. Took trash out, paid a few bills, nothing too exciting. Weather is wonderful again. Have a great rest of the weekend, all.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/11 20:32:47 (permalink)
+2 (2)
OH Jamie, I'm so sorry you have been so bad!  My best thoughts and prayers going your way.  Good to hear it's better today.

Susy, LOL, 2 times in one day!  I'm so happy to read all you've been up to.

Bernie, hope you recuperated.

C and C, glad it was a fun time and the dogs behaved.

My body is TIRED! first I did my exercises in the pool.  I did 9 pints of bread and Butter pickles.  Froze more peaches and then prepared a fried chicken dinner with all the good stuff!  Chris and Grandson declared that the chicken was the best ever.  It was crispy, moist and had a golden brown scald.
I have another batch of cukes with onions and peppers "resting" in the fridge.  I already made the brine and its in a plastic bowl for tomorrow.  Tomorrow is dill slices since I found both heads and fronds of dill.  I saw them resting in the fridge a few minutes ago and I thought to myself about the old donut commercial... "Its time to make the donuts"...  Well here, It's time to make the pickles!  One more day and I'm done with pickles until more small green tomatoes are available.  I'll never eat all of them...

I know what I'm giving for Christmas gifts this year, LOL.  Don't be surprised to get them!  The brine for the B and B pickles was really good, I think.

It's that wonderful time of twilight when the lighting outside take on a pink glow.  I love it and it only lasts a very short period.
My favorite time of the day.  I wish it lasted longer.  I had to open the door to hear the cicadas sing.  So perfect.  
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/12 05:10:11 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Pickles, it's Moanday.

Internet is acting up again, so...

Jamie, glad you are doing better!

Susy, great to "see" you again here!

Right back to work for me yesterday, but the 2 days off was great.

Wag more....bark less.
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29470
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/12 06:30:59 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hi Susy - we missed you!

So glad you are finally on the mend Jamie.

I hate pickles Twirley, but I would LOVE some of that fried chicken!

Glad you had a fun weekend Badger. Back to the salt mines for you and me!
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/12 06:35:18 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Did not do a whole lot of anything yesterday, just had no ambition. That was a mistake, took me a long time to fall asleep last night. Today will be different, back to routine, laundry and garden.

Jamie, I was sorry to hear you had to go back to the ER. Hope you continue to improve. Thanks again for the idea of putting the bitter apple spray on Joey's tail, it has helped quite a bit. They still do their daily tussles, but it has cut down on the amount of Joey's tail coming away in Sophie's mouth.

Sophie is beginning to settle down a bit, not quite so hyper, and enjoying the pets and quiet time more. I even got a gentle "kiss" on the cheek when I set their food bowls down this morning.

That's a whole lot of pickles, Twirls. Haven't done pickles for years, we just never ate that many, and they ended up forgotten basement pickles. But we have been eating lots of fresh cukes. A couple of nights ago we had our first ears of sweet corn and more of the tomatoes are coming in, too. Chris has been cutting up and freezing peppers, eggplant, zuchinni (sp?), and what ever else is ready, and then mixes some into his morning egg-bakes. His test numbers for his type2 diabetes continue to be very good.

Time to get busy, have a wonderful day, all!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/12 07:11:56 (permalink)
+2 (2)
 Howdy and good morning everyone.

The house is quiet with only the sound of TV news in the background and birds singing outside. Freddie out on the screened porch enjoying watching the birds and squirrels. Coffee is tasting mighty fine this morning.

It's a pleasant 75F at 7:29. Today will be mostly sunny with a high of 87 degrees. 

We had t-storms yesterday in the afternoon; it got the grass nice and wet so I didn't finish mowing. Will shoot for late afternoon today. Lawn looks 'funny' with 1/2 of the grass cut.

Meredith called last night to say they were at the Denver airport and had arrived safely. Plane was about 40 minutes late due to rerouting around severe storms in Oklahoma. Also said they had a nice visit at my house and the boys talked about the beach and boat all the way home.

I was able to see all of the BC posts every day between morning and evening lurks. You guys were busy.

Jamie, take it easy now to make sure you can fully recover from whatever got ya.

Cindy, sounds like you and Chris had a good time at the wedding. Those longer drives take their toll though.

Susy, I had to go back and reread your TWO posts. Long ones for you. Nice.  Every time I see your avatar holding "Peaches" it brings a smile to my face.

Hola to Badger, MB, Bob, PJ, Holly, Crunch and anyone I missed.

Been savoring the coffee this morning. Freddie checks in with me every few minutes or so, just to make sure I'm not going anywhere. I will post three pictures of the 'Colorado gang' arrival day shortly.

See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/12 07:16:55 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Sam and Jack ( the tallest ) after arrival from long trip Denver to Myrtle Beach. Still holding their water cups.

post edited by Beach Bernie - 2019/08/12 07:18:24

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/12 07:20:49 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Group pose on BeBe's deckhttps://i.postimg.cc/hvCTBgDS/DSC00375.jpg" />

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/12 07:27:40 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Later that night bedtime pajamas pose

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/12 09:34:06 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Bernie, Cute pics.  Sam looks like you and shows signs of your personality!

Going to be dangerously hot today in many places.  Crunch, PJ, and BB take care.  I have no plans except for pool time.  My body was so tired that I could barely get out of bed to the bathroom during the night.  Not sure I was quite awake when I did so.  Stayed in bed until 9AM.
I had turned the A/C pretty low last night since my ceiling fan isn't working.  Chris said when he went outside at 6 am that all the back windows all fogged over!  I ordered a new fan and should go to Lowe's and pick it up.  My HVAC guy, Jack, tried to fix it but 2 of the blades are bent.  Don't ask how that happened, cause I don't know, but it's what was causing the flopping around of the fan.
Chris says he can hang the new one.
I'm surprised that I haven't had a breakdown on the old A/C unit.  I'm thankful to have 2 separate units, one for each end of the house.  At least if the old one fails, I can still cool the part of the house that I stay in.  It is zoned into 3 areas, my bedroom & bath, the main room aka Solarium, and Chris's room.  He doesn't turn his on much.  I only cool the main room during the day and only my room at night but it filters throughout.  So far the electric bill hasn't been too bad.

Stay safe everyone.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/12 10:25:44 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Cloudy with a light breeze.  A high temp of 95F expected this afternoon. 
Dog days of summer are upon us.  SJ and I just stayed home this weekend in the cool of the a/c. 
Never did go out to do the 2-week shopping trip.  
Just as well.  Need to get ear meds for lil doggie.  Vet's office is right by Wally World.
Will shop and pick up meds this afternoon.  That will save me a trip to town. 
SJ's hand has not improved much after taking the steroids.  Worried about him. 
Completely at a loss as to what caused this to happen.  He tried the TENS unit on his hand this weekend.
Next up will be an appt. with neurologist.  
Brother and SIL went on a little trip.  So I'll be watching after their cat and house sitting this week.
Here is a pic of SC just before the wedding this weekend.

This is a pic of my little great-great-niece who lives in Oklahoma.  At 2 1/2 yrs old,
quite the little character.  Has those sassy genes that run in my family.
She is modeling one of the outfits we sent her to wear to pre-school.     

Bernie,  your grandsons are adorable.  Glad they had a good time with you.  

post edited by PJamigo - 2019/08/12 10:27:27

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/12 12:07:18 (permalink)
+1 (1)
PJ--Both SC and your great great niece are adorable.  The little one looks like she's going to be a handful.  For some reason to me SC looks different from pics I have seen before.  Can't put my finger on it.  She probably out shown the bride! As far as your niece, you haven't been giving her instructions on being "sassy" have you?
Page: << < ..9969979989991000.. > >> Showing page 1000 of 1057
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5