RE: bluebay esmeralda
I went a few years ago also, like the previous poster, and it might have been the best resort I have never been to. I was never hassled with any time share thing. You DO need your walking shoes because it is a 10 minute walk from the rooms to the beach, where everything is. They have some carts but I found them to be to slow to come and get me.
Things I remember enjoying so much:
- Food, best food I've ever had at a resort (usually resort food is blah)
- Best shower I've ever had, like 50 times better than my house, you can sit down in the shower and be out of the water.
- Free 24/hour room service. My wife got this every night but I was always asleep by the time it arrived.
- Dance party on the beach. Every night that wasn't raining they had a bar with a dj, lights, disco out on the beach.
- Really nice fitness center.
I think the wifi was even free in the room but I can't remember for sure. I know I used my laptop in the room.
There were those coti creatures and racoons that would get in the trash cans and would run down the halls stealing leftover room service. I thought they were awesome but other people might be freaked out by them.