Cabanas Tulum Closed

Author
palapaboy
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1024
  • Reward points: 751
2013/07/29 10:52:29 (permalink)

Cabanas Tulum Closed

Hola pepper. I got your link from elsewhere. Thanks.

http://www.poresto.net/ver_nota.php?zona=qroo&idSeccion=6&idTitulo=258583

It appears that Cabanas Tulum has been working in the dunes area (re-modeling, construction, etc.) without permission.

"I know one thing - indecision may, or may not, be my problem." Jimmy Buffett

Akumal GanG
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 608
  • Reward points: 162
RE: Cabanas Tulum Closed 2013/07/29 20:40:23 (permalink)
jeesh, this goes on down in Tulum a lot

Thank goodness we didn't book CT for our upcoming trip in August. Seriously considered it but went elsewhere. This is too bad.

Does anyone think this is a competitor that whined?

I feel bad for those customers that may have had a wedding or like event scheduled.
palapaboy
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1024
  • Reward points: 751
RE: Cabanas Tulum Closed 2013/07/30 09:37:41 (permalink)
Not sure how Profepa got involved.

Based upon discussions on TA, and Cabanas Tulum FB (as well as numerous inquiries by future guests) several responses have been made by CT.

Mainly, The Beach Tulum is not affected by this. Here are a couple of responses:

Dear Forum Visitors,

On behalf of The Beach Tulum management, we hereby confirm that your reservation at The Beach Tulum Hotel is NOT affected.
As posted here as a reply from our reservation department, it is true we have been renewing the drain and water system as a result we had to close our rooms at Cabanas Tulum. The situation was partially caused by old waterpipes and leaks since our sister Hotel is one of the oldest properties at Tulum Beach ( 1974). Please do not worry as the renovation will have not only ecological benefits but we also took this opportunity to rennovate the bathrooms of all 16 CT units.
For further information do not hesitate reaching out to our reservation or sales department:
info@thebeach-tulum.com or sales@thebeach-tulum.com
Kind regards,

The Beach Tulum

Dear Trip Advisor member,
unfortunately much of a false panic situation has been created about the remodeling of Cabanas Tulum. Initially the rennovation was caused by a drain leak due to old and mold water pipes. Our management reacted and responded immediatley by deciding not to wait until low season month but renew the whole water system right away and rennovate and refresh the rooms as well.
So there is no permanent closure of Cabanas Tulum.
Kind regards,
The Beach Tulum &Cabanas Tulum management

So was it just a slow media day? If so why was Profepa involved? Who knows?

"I know one thing - indecision may, or may not, be my problem." Jimmy Buffett

Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5