Easyway NO WAY!

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
Tamie
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 336
  • Reward points: 1778
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/05/04 23:42:52 (permalink)
We had a very positive experience with Easyway. I did like Shellsway said and called a few days before. Actually, I also called the night before after our flight got cancelled and let them know we were coming in a day later and wanted to stay an extra day- it was no problem. They were right where they said they would be at the airport, and the rental process was fast and easy. They gave us all our discounts and even an extra $30 off because the tank wasn't full.

Returning the car was just as easy. No extra charges or any other problems. We rented a manual Tsuru and it ran us up and down the 307 just fine and with cold AC. We would recommend them and won't hesitate to use them in the future.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

gerber
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 914
  • Reward points: 1592
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/05/24 18:37:52 (permalink)
Well, theyŕe 35 minutes late to deliver a car to ABR for us tonight. Confirmed on the phone with Jesus a week ago.... Not sure how weŕe going to get to Chichen Itza tomorrow....
spitty1974
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 333
  • Reward points: 1687
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/05/24 20:37:25 (permalink)
We have used Easyway for several years now. I emailed Jesus twice and Fernado once, and I did not hear back. I was checking to see if they could match or beat a price I got online through America car Rental. So, since I didn't hear back we went with America, 0% deductible, and they had cheaper rates just through the web over the Easyway web system. I was hoping Easyway would beat their price or match.

It is too bad, I liked using them but have recently read several posts about issues with them.

Spitty

Vancouver Sundog
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 7884
  • Reward points: 2534
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/05/25 00:39:22 (permalink)
I too was looking at Easyway for an airport car rental

(PS: Airport car rental vs delivered car are two different experiences)

Was going to rent from Easy way, but their prices dramatically raised in April and Tulum Car Rental did not

As Easyway was beginning to have bad reviews here and on TA, I decided to go with Tulum Car Rental

AKA Caribbean / Cancun Car rental

Good experience but I had no issues

Only recommendation I can tell you is not to have Beachey as your navigator / joker at wild

A triple PMASB2019  & AASB2019 (Part  I & II) -
Happening now

MysticFire
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 314
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/05/25 12:38:01 (permalink)
another good experience..
they gave us a pretty good discount because before we came, I “liked” them on facebook, twitter, etc.. so that was nice..
We were suppose to get just a cheap little bang around car.. But there was a pretty long wait and in the confusion they gave our car to a couple that came in after us.. We told them we were not in any hurry.. So while waiting for a new car, a family with three kids were loading up into a little Volkswagen sport van.. The woman started complaining about the car and wanted a new one- so they rental guy walks over and says this your car now! So we paid for a low end car and got a really nice one.. Sweet!
we had originally rented the car for one week- at the end of the week, I emailed Easyway and asked if we could keep the car for another 8 days.. they said no problem.. just pay when you return it.. we got the more expensive car for the same price for another week!
we will always use them from now on...

May 2013 trip to Paamul: http://mysticinmexico.wordpress.com/
gerber
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 914
  • Reward points: 1592
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/05/25 16:19:56 (permalink)
Sitting in Valladolid now.
After a few promised times came and went we finally got the car just before 10 pm.
FinsUP
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6845
  • Reward points: 562
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/06/24 20:31:33 (permalink)
Well, after 5 emails and finally a phone call to Jesus today, I am shocked.

Jesus just quoted me DOUBLE for next February, for what we had this February. Same car. We have rented for 1 month for the past 3 years with them, and this is unacceptable.

He also quoted me higher for a 2 week rental at the end of August, over the price I paid for a 9 day rental last November.

I even discussed all the negativity lately about Easyway. Well, it's time to start looking for another rental company because I am NOT paying double the price for a month...no way easyway
minnjim
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 7915
  • Reward points: 1864
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/06/24 20:58:23 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: FinsUP

..... after .....a phone call to Jesus today, I am shocked.

.....Jesus just quoted me DOUBLE .......

Question 1: What is Jesus' area code. It's gotta be long distance.

Question 2: Whatever ya do, don't double down with Jesus!

[:)]
BrandyL
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 79
  • Reward points: 497
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/06/25 01:21:09 (permalink)

Jesus just quoted me DOUBLE for next February, for what we had this February. Same car. We have rented for 1 month for the past 3 years with them, and this is unacceptable.

He also quoted me higher for a 2 week rental at the end of August, over the price I paid for a 9 day rental last November.

I even discussed all the negativity lately about Easyway. Well, it's time to start looking for another rental company because I am NOT paying double the price for a month...no way easyway

I had the same thing happen. I emailed to reserve our car for our 6 week trip next summer (just as we've done for years) and I was quoted almost double what we have paid for the past 6 years. With this new quote Easyway is just the same price as all the other companies. I'm in shock and don't really know who to use now. I'm not paying twice as much for the same type of car that we've always had. I was given this quote by Fernado and have emailed back to see if I can reach Jesus. Jesus has always been the one to take care of us.

Beach Lover ALL The Way!
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
  • Reward points: 2044
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/06/25 09:27:35 (permalink)
Yeah,prices are higher. But I love how Brandi said that with this new price they are NOW the same as all the others. So after years of getting good deals, you are so.appreciative that you will go somewhere else.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
  • Reward points: 2044
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/06/25 09:32:33 (permalink)
The price of bacon in the US has more than doubled in the last 2years but we still buy it. I paid$75.00 per day last May in Phx for a rental car.
srodrigues
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1198
  • Reward points: 505
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/06/25 09:36:01 (permalink)
After reading messages about price changes, I did some shopping for my July rental. Seems that Easyway still has the best price for what I need. I've used them for more than 8 years, with great service, and won't be changing this time either.

SBR
txgal
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 706
  • Reward points: 1392
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/06/25 10:06:52 (permalink)
The price being doubled is what I found a few months ago too. I have used them several times and has always been good - but I can get a bigger car from Thrifty at the airport for the same price Easyway wants to give me.

Wondering if anyone knows of any other car rental agencies that I can rent in Cancun and return in Playa ? Would like to shop around a bit -

Suzanne

sherrys07
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3980
  • Reward points: 601
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/06/25 10:10:22 (permalink)
Thrifty at the airport will have higher taxes that you are not seeing, and will end up being more.

Sherry

Next trip to heaven on earth.....soon!
Pistols02
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 750
  • Reward points: 431
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/06/25 10:16:24 (permalink)
Maybe easyway is getting complacent....the last three times we rented we got cars that were not cleaned up, one with a very dangerous seperated tire, and got some little tiny xitbox instead of the Tsuru we were quoted for, and were not offered any discount or compensation for it.... I believe they are so busy now they kinda have a "don't give a xit " attitude. Just my opinion, but that is definitely the attitude I perceive.
txgal
Cooler Carrying Member
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/06/25 10:17:04 (permalink)
my reservation shows all the taxes

Suzanne

Isla Chica
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 5839
  • Reward points: 850
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/06/25 11:28:04 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: juan rojo D@C , we looked for a likely bunch of LGers at the fullmoon party but couldn't see anyone . Cheers

ROFLMFAO I need to pay attention when I read... I read this as: "...but couldn't see anymore."

ORIGINAL: txgal And all this still doesn't explain why my car rental more than doubled when I added 2 days. Making the reservation for 9 days instead of 7 more than doubled the price and the original price was more than I paid last year for 7 days too. So .....

When I rented a car in Charlotte to drive to Columbia, it was MUCH cheaper (1/2) from me to return the car the next day to the airport in Cola, then re-rent for the additional week or I would have been charged the "One-way Rental" fee for EACH DAY, instead of only 1 day, vs the weekly "local return" rate.

Why don't people just get their cars at the airport upon arrival instead of having them delivered all over to different places if that doesn't seem to work?

WHY do people ask for a car to be brought to them in Akumal instead of renting one for the day or so right there?

You know, SOMEONE has to be available to take all those cars to so many different places, and from what I'm reading here, that, added to mechanical, etc issues (and the whining, "I don't like this color," blah, blah, blah...) can be quite demanding and difficult to keep up with, I imagine.
FinsUP
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6845
  • Reward points: 562
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/06/25 12:22:27 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: BrandyL

I had the same thing happen. I emailed to reserve our car for our 6 week trip next summer (just as we've done for years) and I was quoted almost double what we have paid for the past 6 years. With this new quote Easyway is just the same price as all the other companies. I'm in shock and don't really know who to use now. I'm not paying twice as much for the same type of car that we've always had. I was given this quote by Fernado and have emailed back to see if I can reach Jesus. Jesus has always been the one to take care of us.

Exactly. How can you give a price to a loyal customer for a number of years in a row and then all of a sudden it's double, and expect them to be happy about it, or pay it. I don't think so!

Linda, as far as 'delivering' a car go, lots of the rental agencies have offices in more than one location. Easyway is in Cancun, Playa and Tulum, and if renting cars is their business, delivering them to the renter, is part of that business. they offer pick up/return locations....not just the airport. This next trip we are there for 2 weeks, but I don't really want or need a car for the full 2 weeks. Had they given me the same rate, I would have rented it- whether it sits in ABR's parking lot for a few days or not, but I was considering only renting for 5-8 days of the trip instead because I have some places I want to get to and that only happens with a car. I'm checking all the other rental places now. Which truly sucks to have to start from square one.

And as for bacon prices, nowhere near comparable to a $700 increase in a month long rental!
txgal
Cooler Carrying Member
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/06/25 12:33:56 (permalink)
I rent from Cancun airport and return to Playa because I go from Cancun to Valladolid for 3 days - then Akumal for 6 days then over to Cozumel for a week. I don't want to have to return it all the way to the airport then get a shuttle back to playa. The rental places charge a one time fee between $25 to $35 for returning it to different places.

I guess for me I was shocked when it went from $164 for 7 days to $324 for 9 days. How they can charge $180 for 2 extra days is crazy to me. Especially when I got a car last year with all insurance for less than $300 for a week.

Suzanne

BrandyL
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 79
  • Reward points: 497
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/06/25 17:13:30 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: BrandyL

Exactly. How can you give a price to a loyal customer for a number of years in a row and then all of a sudden it's double, and expect them to be happy about it, or pay it. I don't think so!

Linda, as far as 'delivering' a car go, lots of the rental agencies have offices in more than one location. Easyway is in Cancun, Playa and Tulum, and if renting cars is their business, delivering them to the renter, is part of that business. they offer pick up/return locations....not just the airport. This next trip we are there for 2 weeks, but I don't really want or need a car for the full 2 weeks. Had they given me the same rate, I would have rented it- whether it sits in ABR's parking lot for a few days or not, but I was considering only renting for 5-8 days of the trip instead because I have some places I want to get to and that only happens with a car. I'm checking all the other rental places now. Which truly sucks to have to start from square one.

And as for bacon prices, nowhere near comparable to a $700 increase in a month long rental!

Thats exactly how I feel. We've rented from them numerous times and have sent a lot of business their way. I understand price increases, but to more than double up on someone is a big deal. This adds a lot to a 6 week rental. I guess they are just too busy these days. Oh well, we will have a great time anyway. I don't really need the rental for a full 6 weeks and would like to be able to pick and choose the days I really need a car. Does Anyone know anything about the little car rental place that is actually in Akumal?

Beach Lover ALL The Way!
cmooresun
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 243
  • Reward points: 1988
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/06/26 10:48:50 (permalink)
So we are here in Akumal killing time waiting for our transfer to the airport so I thought I would post my experience with Easyway. Rates-yes they have gone up, but when I researched before our trip they were still the least expensive and that was before my cash discount and LG discount. We have used Easyway for all of our trips to Akumal, but I can't say I know anyone that works there so we don't get any special treatment.

On this trip we decided to have the rental delivered and picked up from our villa (we have never done this before). Pre trip I dealt with Jesus via email and confirmed with him two days before our trip. On our arrival date the car I requested was delivered within 10 minutes of the time I had requested by Jaime from the Tulum office. Talk about a pleasant surprise! I would have been happy if it had been an hour late, it is Mexico time after all[:)]. I tipped him ten dollars US. He confirmed the pickup time with me. Today Jaime arrived 5 minutes early from my requested pick up time. I was shocked-in a very good way! Excellent service!

All in all I had a wonderful experience with Easyway and would recommend them to anyone[:D]

Carolyn

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
el gran chico
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 792
  • Reward points: 2004
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/06/26 11:07:08 (permalink)
.... but when I researched before our trip they were still the least expensive ....

Bingo! [;)] For those that have left Easyway for some place else, I'd love to hear (and I'd suspect others would to) what the better alternatives are. If Easyway is so much more expensive and there aren't better alternatives, it may be time to seek out new vacation spots for us of better value.

Last in Mexico Mar 12 to 19, 2019 [19th trip to MEX, 15x to RM (1998 to 2019), 9x to HMB (2006 to 2016)]
cb1
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 61
  • Reward points: 58
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/06/26 13:13:20 (permalink)
I agree with Twirls.
txgal
Cooler Carrying Member
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/06/26 19:14:59 (permalink)
Well for me a major concern is the service has gone down and the price has gone up. Not a good mix. I emailed 4 days ago about my reservation and still haven't received a reply. That doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling that I will have a car when I arrive. I sure don't want to start my vacation standing around with my luggage wondering if I have a car reserved or not.

Suzanne

snake114
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/06/29 13:33:35 (permalink)
Just returned from a week in ABR, and rented from Easyway. Pickup from the airport was reasonably prompt. We had reserved a Nissan Tilda automatic, but were given a manual instead- no other automatics on the lot except for a much smaller car that would never have fit our family of 4 and 4 suitcases. They knocked $20 off the rental for having to take the manual, but offered no other cash or locogringo discount when I inquired. I made do- while it has been more than 25 years, I had driven a manual a few times in my youth, and made do without too much difficulty. Staff was friendly, and the return process was quick and painless.

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5