Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
Author
D@C
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 179
  • Reward points: 1440
2013/04/06 13:46:38 (permalink)

Easyway NO WAY!

After years of using Easyway with NO problems, and giving excellent reviews,they we're a NO SHOW for our reservation at ABR on the 27th of March, and we were not the only ones's that got that treatment. We waited one hour before we had the hotel call for us. We we're told that Easyway was on the way with our car and would be there shortly. Again a No Show. Our reservations we're made with Jesus in February. He sent us a conformation code and gave us a discount for being Loco Gringo members,he also said see you at ABR!
We emailed Jesus and explained the problem, he wrote back and said he would look into it!. That's the last time we herd from him.
Because of this we will never use Easyway again, and that goes for my family and friends. You may be next!!!!!
Terry Chelton
  • Total Posts : 12
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/04/06 14:06:51 (permalink)
Thank you for the info ..we have used them before and going out in 2weeks was going to again . What they did is just wrong . My custom will go elsewhere
Johaffy
Starting Member
  • Total Posts : 28
  • Reward points: 842
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/04/06 14:28:30 (permalink)
We actually just got back and used Easyway also... we made a reservation about a month back with a reservation code...They were to meet us at our resort and confirmed this the day before with Mauro... when no one showed we called and 2 hours later someone did come. A week into the 2 week rental we got a flat in Playa del Carmen. Called Easyway to let them know and we were going to change it ourselves but the spare was flat too.. one hour of waiting someone came to fix the flat but we wanted the spare fixed because we did not want to go on the 307 without a spare... they said the tire had puncture holes in it and could not be fixed. And they gave us another car to use...and charged us $67.00 for the tire...we have yet to have a good experience with any car rental. We used Carribean (same as Easyway) Dollar, Avis and all are really bad...
Terry Chelton
  • Total Posts : 12
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/04/06 14:34:57 (permalink)
True . But not to show up is just rude .
Beachey
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 4796
  • Reward points: 2316
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/04/06 14:57:51 (permalink)
D at C I would put what you wrote here in an e-mail verbatim to Easway and let them know what they did to you, how you feel about it, and in turn what you will be doing in the future. That was a really lousy lack of service in any language and any country, period. It almost seems like they really just don't care doesn't it!!

You can't drink all day if you don't start early!!

shellsway2003
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1100
  • Reward points: 1042
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/04/06 15:26:59 (permalink)
when the rental car fake cops took my rental becaause of paper plates easyway brought me a new car from cancun which i declined for a better car and was brought the next day we were happy and they gave us half off our next rental all on there own and said how sorry they were for the inconvienance!!
Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3797
  • Reward points: 1711
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/04/06 15:41:15 (permalink)
Sorry to hear about this problem. Not sure if it is due to being high season or what, but several people reported the same No Show problem over on TA a day or two ago including one who was a long time renter and had previously recommended. Now she is slamming them all over the place, not a good move and I hope they fix whatever internal problems they are having.
Tamie
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 336
  • Reward points: 1778
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/04/06 16:09:42 (permalink)
This is concerning, considering we have our reservation with Easyway in 10 days. I'm already paranoid we'll be stuck at the airport and unable to contact them, stories like this make me realize my fear is not unfounded. I may look at some of the other rental company's pricing and see about a backup plan. Thanks for letting us know, I'd rather be prepared than blindsided. What they did to you was just wrong. Hopefully they will get it together, and soon!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

D@C
LocoGringo Customer
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/04/06 17:44:53 (permalink)
Hola Tami. I hope Easyway does get it back together, but they will never get me back. After talking to them on e-mail, and they still did not make it right, I could NEVER trust them again.
gal4giants
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1716
  • Reward points: 1031
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/04/06 17:59:31 (permalink)
We lucked out I'm sure as they do have very limited staff. We flew in on Tuesday 4/19 & was crammed into a van with another large family. At the lot there were 4 cars total so Spring Break was in full swing. When we returned on 4/2 the lot was completely packed full of cars. I'm sure the peak times this happens & yes there is no excuse but I do know it happens. Christmas & Easter break are a gamble. Just can't wait to get our car there so we don't have to deal with the rentals any more.

Sharoon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6138
  • Reward points: 1083
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/04/07 10:32:31 (permalink)
We have rented with Easyway over several years. We rent for 5 to 7 months at a time. We have had great experiences, and we have had terrible ones. Considering how often and for how long we rent with them, you would think that we would get gold star treatment....nope. This last time was the last time. It is about time we bought a car there anyway, to say the least, but this last time, we flew in Oct 27th to rent for 5 months. We were guaranteed the same quality car we got last time or an upgrade and instead they wanted to downgrade us. We complained and for 100 usd more we could get the same quality car we had before...well, we know where that hundred bucks went and we were happy....at one point the trunk wouldn't stay closed on our Tilda. We called Cancun and they wanted us to drive it up there...we finally talked them into us going to Playa to get it fixed....we get to the Playa place and they can't fix it...argh....so, they are going to bring us a car down from Cancun. We told them where we would be and several hours later they showed up with a car that was unacceptable. The ENTIRE front end looked like it could fall off the first tope you went over.....we called and they couldn't understand and finally told them they had to bring us another car the next day, which they did, to our house, Casa Alma de la Vida, in Akumal...still..it was a hassle..and the hundred buck thing was simmering....and this is not the only time they have screwed with us....enough is enough, and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone again, which is upsetting to me as well..Hit and miss service is NOT good enough when you are spending a short or long time there....especially if you only have a week or two and then you have to deal with crapola....cuts into valuable time.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms
to pass...it's about leaning how to dance in the rain."
Casa Alma de la Vida, Akumal

gal4giants
LocoGringo Customer
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/04/07 11:43:07 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Sharoon
It is about time we bought a car there anyway

There is a new dry strorage place across 307 from Pamuul where you can store your car (if there is still space).

http://www.rmayastorage.com/

Sorry about your experiences...just ridiculous that it can be such a gamble.

Sharoon
Ultimate Member
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/04/07 12:10:57 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: gal4giants

It is about time we bought a car there anyway

There is a new dry strorage place across 307 from Pamuul where you can store your car (if there is still space).

http://www.rmayastorage.com/

Sorry about your experiences...just ridiculous that it can be such a gamble.

Thanks for that, I have seen it. We have a friend who is in the jungle who will keep our car for us when we are not there though so no need. :-) One thing about leaving a car down there is you want it started up and run often and driven once in a while. Letting it sit for months in storage wouldn't be good for it.
The hit and miss aspects of all of this is what gets me the most....my husband lost the key one time a couple of years ago...we were renting for 7 months and were 5 months into it. They drove down from Cancun to our place and brought us another key. Super awesome! Well, until we returned the car, that is....it was taking forever with the guy going back in and discussing something with someone else while the clock is ticking and we need to conclude this business and get to the airport. Well, he comes out and charges us 350 USD for the replacement key!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it and neither could my husband. And to do it at the last minute like that was really crappy too...We actually found the key last year and returned it and they never said hi by or kiss my arse,,

gal4giants
LocoGringo Customer
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/04/07 12:18:11 (permalink)

One thing about leaving a car down there is you want it started up and run often and driven once in a while. Letting it sit for months in storage wouldn't be good for it.

Our manager & friends will be doing that for us as well. This service does run it once a week & airs it out as well, they even have online security cameras so you can watch your car/boat/gold cart just sit there :) It's a great idea & I hope he does well.

$350 for a dang key!

Tanda50
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 528
  • Reward points: 1190
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/04/07 15:32:28 (permalink)
November of 2011 we had a reservation for a car that they were going to bring to the Akumal arch. They never showed and would not answer any of our emails afterwards.
cozumelcrazy
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 413
  • Reward points: 1552
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/04/07 19:07:25 (permalink)
I used to use them too but if the car is coming out of the Playa office it was a disaster the last two times. No show then mechanical problems then we turned in a day early but they couldn't give us a refund only "credit" on the next trip (like they will remember). The manager in Playa is not interested in happy customers and I have relayed this to Jesus with no response.

Sharoon
Ultimate Member
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/04/07 21:23:00 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: gal4giants

One thing about leaving a car down there is you want it started up and run often and driven once in a while. Letting it sit for months in storage wouldn't be good for it.

Our manager & friends will be doing that for us as well. This service does run it once a week & airs it out as well, they even have online security cameras so you can watch your car/boat/gold cart just sit there :) It's a great idea & I hope he does well.

$350 for a dang key!

Wow, a gold cart! lololol [8D][:D] [;)]
Easyway is not going to make it if they keep treating people the way that they are. Has anyone ever used Blueway?

caribbean5
  • Total Posts : 46
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/04/08 01:17:06 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: D@C

After years of using Easyway with NO problems, and giving excellent reviews,they we're a NO SHOW for our reservation at ABR on the 27th of March, and we were not the only ones's that got that treatment. We waited one hour before we had the hotel call for us. We we're told that Easyway was on the way with our car and would be there shortly. Again a No Show. Our reservations we're made with Jesus in February. He sent us a conformation code and gave us a discount for being Loco Gringo members,he also said see you at ABR!
We emailed Jesus and explained the problem, he wrote back and said he would look into it!. That's the last time we herd from him.
Because of this we will never use Easyway again, and that goes for my family and friends. You may be next!!!!!

We have booked Easyway and now have a concern. We arrive in a couple weeks and last trip they delivered directly to our hotel. Now after reading all the post wonder if it will happen like last year.

Sounds like the issues are not with Jesus but rather elsewhere. He does his job but sounds like others have been dropping the ball.

Hope their problems are resolved before we arrive.

D@C
LocoGringo Customer
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/04/08 01:56:03 (permalink)
We talked with Jesus on e-mail he said he would look into our problem, that's the last we herd from him. We saved all the e-mail. when i do my trip report maybe I will post it.
Except for Easyway it was one of our better trips,
BrierSteph
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/04/08 11:00:23 (permalink)
Hi,

We just returned from our trip to Akumal on Saturday. We rented a car from EasyWay from Sat. 3/30 to Sat. 4/6. They were not at the Cancun airport when we walked out, but one of the other rental vendors showed us where to wait and the EasyWay rep was there soon after. We had to wait about 20 minutes for the vans to come and 2 other parties and our family of 4 were loaded into 2 vans. There were only a few cars in the lot when we got there and it took about an hour until we got our car. They were actutally still washing and cleaning them while we waited. The car was not what we reserved - we had reserved the Tsuru and we got the VW Gol. But it served our needs and we had no issues during our trip. It was hard to get used to a car with manual locks and window cranks though. It makes our Hyundai Elantra seem positively luxurious!

Returning the car was easy and pretty fast and there were no added charges....that I have seen so far.

All in all, EasyWay was okay. I would rent from them again.

Stephany
Brier, WA
post edited by BrierSteph - 2013/04/08 11:01:23
frza
  • Total Posts : 34
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/04/08 17:38:12 (permalink)
Thank you for sharing your experience, but now I am really nervous! We will be there next month and have reserved a car with them for 4 days. We asked them to deliver it / pick up in Akumal so I feel teh possibility for trouble is greater than if we we're go to a rental office.
I woudl love to hear about other options. Does anyone know of another company that wil deliver the vehicle to you in Akumal?
D@C
LocoGringo Customer
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/04/08 18:32:31 (permalink)
Hola frza. We have used Easyway for years and never had a problem until our last trip. Chances are you will be OK. It dosn't matter to me how good they have been on our previous trips, we would expect that from any company! it was unexceptable what they did to me and others last month. If they are late for your reservation, don't wait like I did, make other arrangments.
Our trip was not spoiled because Easyway was a NO SHOW, we just lost a few hours. Easyway has lost my business. I will be checking the board on reviews of other rental companies before I book again!. HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!
cmooresun
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 243
  • Reward points: 1988
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/04/08 18:47:24 (permalink)
I have rented from Easyway for a long time and have reserved a car delivered to us in Akumal for June. After reading what's going on my plan is to stick with Easyway, email and confirm about a week before I will be there, and make sure I take contact info for a couple of their competitors. If they are a no show then I will just enjoy a cervesa and call someone else. It shouldn't be super busy in May or June so getting a last minute rental shouldn't be a huge problem. Try not to stress[:D]

Sorry about your experiences of everyone else. Hopefully they will get this figured out or they are going to lose a lot of loyal customers....

Carolyn

Tamie
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 336
  • Reward points: 1778
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/04/08 19:50:48 (permalink)
I emailed them Saturday to confirm and get a direct number to call with any issues. I haven't heard back from Jesus yet. I know sometimes it can take a few days for him to respond, but he was very fast at responding to my questions when I booked. I did a little searching the other day, time to dig in deeper, I guess.

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
  • Reward points: 2044
RE: Easyway NO WAY! 2013/04/08 21:33:02 (permalink)
Altho it is none of my business, I did send Jesus a link to this thread.
It's high season.  Hotels overbook, flights overbook. 
I agree, no show service is totally unacceptable.  I am not defending Easyway.  However, I'm sure it happens with all companies and to all people.  Great customers or not.  I had a not good experince with Hertz in Phx.

Still using Easyway in May.
Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5