Introductions please

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 114
Author
turtle girl
  • Total Posts : 49
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Introductions please 2005/01/15 11:53:44 (permalink)
1. turtle girl aka Kim
2. Halifax NS Canada
3. 3 times to MR with #4 (1st to ABR) in April
4. snorkelling, R&R, people watching
5. margarita (no contest!)
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 907
  • Reward points: 1257
RE: Introductions please 2005/01/15 12:14:10 (permalink)
1. name or LG board name
2. place you live ie: state/territory/country
3. number of visits to Akumal/Riviera Maya and when you are going back
4. favorite area activity
5. favorite vacation drink

Call me "Lor". It's short for a hard-to-say (for the average norteamericano) Hungarian name. My dearest wife is Joanne (er... she's actually my ONLY wife). She's all Italian.

We live in the hectic San Francisco Bay area.

First visit to Riviera Maya due to arrive in 22 days and about 3 hours, (where's that countdown thing somebody mentioned?) planning to stay 5 nights in a cabana on the beach near Tulum.
We've been to San Jose del Cabo and La Paz several times over the past 27 years. We try to stay out of Cabo San Lucas because it's overrun by the mindless people. Baja is relatively close and we only get to schedule vacation time together in short visits far apart. Our last trip together was 6 years ago. We love Mexico. Been wanting to experience the Riviera Maya for a long time, but knew it would need more than a couple of days! I'm sure it would really need a couple of months, or years, or maybe it will be a couple of lifetimes!
I myself have been going to Mexico starting as a teen with my parents. Even took a few lessons back then in bullfighting from a matador we met in the the grand Plaza de Toros in Mexcio D.F. It was interesting as a kid, but can't accept the concept anymore. My first honeymoon was in Mexico City. Driven all the main highways, seen almost all the big cities and the little ones in between, but not south of Taxco, yet. Will never forget driving across a raging river on a railroad bridge in the jungle north of Mazatlan at three in the morning because the road was washed out.
I'm secretely hoping we might stumble on a humble little affordable pied-a-terre somewhere around Tulum.

Looking forward to the beach, the ruins, the highways and the byways and off the beaten track, meeting the people, seeing the sky, breathing the air, hearing the surf and the palms, getting tan again, getting all salty and sandy and wet, running naked on the beach, the beach -- la playa -- playa... ...
(I just noticed what it says if you take the last letter off 'playa'.)

Cerveza fria during the day and Herradura Anejo in the evening.
WildHorse
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: Introductions please 2005/01/15 12:23:53 (permalink)
Well dang! My DSL went down the moment I sent it and somehow my post got put in under Guest. I am certain I was logged in as WildHorse while I composed it.

Call me "Lor". It's short for a hard-to-say (for the average norteamericano) Hungarian name. My dearest wife is Joanne (er... she's actually my ONLY wife). She's all Italian.

We live in the hectic San Francisco Bay area.

First visit to Riviera Maya due to arrive in 22 days and about 3 hours, (where's that countdown thing somebody mentioned?) planning to stay 5 nights in a cabana on the beach near Tulum.
We've been to San Jose del Cabo and La Paz several times over the past 27 years. We try to stay out of Cabo San Lucas because it's overrun by the mindless people. Baja is relatively close and we only get to schedule vacation time together in short visits far apart. Our last trip together was 6 years ago. We love Mexico. Been wanting to experience the Riviera Maya for a long time, but knew it would need more than a couple of days! I'm sure it would really need a couple of months, or years, or maybe it will be a couple of lifetimes!
I myself have been going to Mexico starting as a teen with my parents. Even took a few lessons back then in bullfighting from a matador we met in the the grand Plaza de Toros in Mexcio D.F. It was interesting as a kid, but can't accept the concept anymore. My first honeymoon was in Mexico City. Driven all the main highways, seen almost all the big cities and the little ones in between, but not south of Taxco, yet. Will never forget driving across a raging river on a railroad bridge in the jungle north of Mazatlan at three in the morning because the road was washed out.
I'm secretely hoping we might stumble on a humble little affordable pied-a-terre somewhere around Tulum.

Looking forward to the beach, the ruins, the highways and the byways and off the beaten track, meeting the people, seeing the sky, breathing the air, hearing the surf and the palms, getting tan again, getting all salty and sandy and wet, running naked on the beach, the beach -- la playa -- playa... ...
(I just noticed what it says if you take the last letter off 'playa'.)

Cerveza fria during the day and Herradura Anejo in the evening.
diggs59
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Introductions please 2005/01/15 12:39:43 (permalink)
Don & Dani
Rochelle, Illinois
14 days to 1st visit
Scuba, Horses
Cuervo
susiej
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 119
RE: Introductions please 2005/01/15 13:07:14 (permalink)
susiej = Sue and Bob (just not feeling creative when I posted my first message and ended up with susiej)
Littleton, Colorado - Karen and I are from the same town. Also noticed Whale is not far from us and several posters from up in the mountains or down south.
Been to PDC 5x in the past four years and Tankah last July. Planning on a month in June
Love to go to the ruins and explore after reading about them; snorkeling and laying in the sun without 24 seven year olds standing next to me asking for help, a bandaid, the bathroom pass, when will we go to lunch, etc.
Don't drink a whole lot but do enjoy filling my mug up with gin and tonic so I don't have to get up too often.
Can't wait to go back!!!
myhappyplace
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points: 10
RE: Introductions please 2005/01/15 13:45:11 (permalink)
1. name or LG board name
[:D]

myhappyplace aka Vikki
just moved to Dallas from Vegas by way of Cincinnati
Have been traveling the Maya Rivera since 85 and still love it
sunrise walks on the beach
dos, Dos Equies por favor senior
Marsh
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Reward points: 134
RE: Introductions please 2005/01/15 15:08:23 (permalink)
1. Marsh - new member to board but not new to Akumal
2. Toronto, Canada
3. 5 times to the Akumal area since 1997, including one full month in 2001. Just sent Locogringo an email today hoping to book for two weeks in April. We have been to the West coast of Mexico twice.
4. snorkelling in Half Moon Bay and walking the road into town.
5. Dos XXX!
Rose
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3341
  • Reward points: 561
RE: Introductions please 2005/01/15 15:13:46 (permalink)
Hola Marsh(a)

Welcome to LocoGringo Board - you're going to have fun here. Whereabouts in Toronto do you live? I'm in Etobicoke. The sun is shining - it's a Canadian miracle!!!

Rose
Snow Bunny
  • Reward points: 3942
RE: Introductions please 2005/01/15 16:48:18 (permalink)
We are from Fairbanks, Alaska. Last week it was -44F with thick ice fog! Now it is -10F with two new feet of snow overnight! [X(]

Have been to PDC and Cozumel on our honeymoon December 2003 and loved it. Now want to explore the mainland, looking for our paradise to retire to eventually.
Kay
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 2528
  • Reward points: 1830
RE: Introductions please 2005/01/15 17:20:41 (permalink)
Hawk and Marco,

We also offer bailbondsman services if you need 'em! We don't have pull in the US but hey we know the 3rd world.

K

ORIGINAL: The Hawk

Is this the Department of Homeland Security?
How did you find me here?
Didn't I fill out all the forms at the airport?
Darnit Marco, this spyware you sold me sucks.
Yea, yea I've arleady heard your "I killed a man in Reno, just to watch him die" routine Marco.
Go back to painting your toenails.
Whats this? Where am I from? Welllll, uh, Parts Unknown.
How many times to Mexico?
You mean legally right? How many times you got me down for?
Wait a minute. I want to talk to my lawyer. You got a peso for a call Marco?
You are not going to represent us Marco. Remember how much money it took to get us out of the last mess.
No,no. There was no property damage last time.
What do you mean 'just a little' Marco?
What arre you smoking? Keep your snorkle shut.
Never mind him he's had too many Petron shots.
Come with you? Uh, where we going? Downtown?
No, Marco. I don't think they are going to let us stop at a bar.
.....A little later.....Hey you guys, I got to go. Would you stop at that bar?

The Hawk
SeaBabe
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 155
  • Reward points: 1065
RE: Introductions please 2005/01/15 17:26:45 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Kay

I used to live on Park Ave in Ra cha cha. I worked for an ad agency that worked on... you guessed it Kodak and bausch and lomb business. I loved living here but this was in the early 80's.

---------------------------------------

Kay, my sis lives in Rochester (we're both originally from California). when I get her down your way I'll have to have her meet you. She can talk to you about the diff between living in Ra cha cha versus in Akumal - and maybe we can get her thinkin' about moving down there[;)]
SeaBabe
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 155
  • Reward points: 1065
RE: Introductions please 2005/01/15 17:29:59 (permalink)
1. SeaBabe
2. Colorado (near Boulder)
3. First went in 1995, have a British cousin who lives on Cozumel. Planning to go back this April.
4. swimming in flat see-thru sea
5. Mojitos
lillflower
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 4
RE: Introductions please 2005/01/15 17:30:12 (permalink)
This is Sue & Steve know as lillflower
We survive in Hudson, Wisc. -25
We are going for the first time in 9 days. Whoo Hoo
Favorite activity would be planning this trip. Locogringo has been a great for getting a good education. We will have to return several times to check out all the places I have learned about.
Favorite drink would be just about anything wet and cold.
Kim in STL
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 310
  • Reward points: 1153
RE: Introductions please 2005/01/15 17:49:31 (permalink)
1..Kim

2. I say I'm from ST. Louis only because no one would know where Bonne Terre is unless you have ever been diving in the Bonne Terre Mines, an old St. Joe Lead Co. mine that has been flooded for diving...kinda famous..LOL...in the process of building a new house in Farmington MO...still the boonies, but I love it...

3. Started out in Cancun, 1982 on our honeymoon...got sick of vacations there or moved south....first to Cozumel then various places along the coast...been several times to the Pacific, and many times to other islands...but keep coming back to the Roo because we know a good thing when we see it...been to the Roo at least 15 times and going back this March

4. My favorite "Do in the Roo" is snorkeling, exploring, shopping the grocery stores for local things....yes it's crazy but I love to cook and work on my culinary skills....runs in the family..my oldest son is a chef...

5. mint juleps...or when in the Roo...mojitos...or just plain old bourbon and branch...hehehe[;)]
Ann in Dsm
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13
RE: Introductions please 2005/01/15 19:31:17 (permalink)
1. Ann
2. Des Moines, when I have to work, Casa del Perro Feliz, Tankah when I don't
3. Every year since 1986 and usually 3 or 4 times a year. Used to camp at Xcacel, met my husband there, honeymooned there for 7 weeks, in 1995 we moved up to XPu Ha and then rented Sam's little hotel rooms. Back then it was really cheap and we have a seasonal business so we had the time, we always drove down ( still do) and used to stay for 1 1/2 to 2 months at a time. Those were the days!! Now I have to work more.
4. Just being there! Also, kayaking, diving, snorkeling & seeing my friends.
5. Fresh squeezed orange juice and good Margaritas- not at the same time though.
lynnette in chicago
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 460
RE: Introductions please 2005/01/15 19:31:22 (permalink)
Great way to "meet" loco gringos! I answer to Lynne and hubby is Bob. We live in the far, far NW burbs of Chicago. We have been going to Mexico since we honeymooned in Puerto Vallarta in '87. Now that I am an akumalholic we will be alternating trips twice a year between Akumal & Isla Mujeres. Love them both.....it's a Gemini thing. Our favorite things to do are being beach bums, snorkeling, getting up VERY early to catch the sunrise (Lynne, anyway), trying new restaurants and regional food and photographing the incredible beauty of the Roo. Bob likes Mexican cerveza (Leon comes to mind) and I trade off between margaritas and pina coladas.... Gemini's like change. Our next trip is in April and I have to try a really great sipping tequilla.
pdxman
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 118
  • Reward points: 2082
RE: Introductions please 2005/01/15 21:06:53 (permalink)
pdxman here, aka...Jim
From Portland, Oregon...I see several other Oregonians here!!
We have been coming to Akumal, and the Yucatan most winters since about '95.
The fave thing about Akumal...diving, snorkeling, touring ruins, drinking a frosty margarita on the beach...not necessarily in that order[8D]
Love the L.G.s
Tony and Joanne
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2136
  • Reward points: 1719
RE: Introductions please 2005/01/15 21:51:12 (permalink)
Hello everyone. Tony or Vato loco (when at C.O.A) Chicago,Northwest side,10 min.From O'hare. 5x, and that includes the vacation with our friends(that Joanne didn't count) . We will be back where we belong in Oct. for 2 weeks, celebrating our 25th anniversary. Beach time, building ruins that we have seen in the sand, exploring ruins. visiting the Hekab be Biblioteca with supplies and a donation, driving the roads to beautiful locations Tullum, Coba. and of course the locals. CERVESA at C.O.A. , that will be Corona Familiar in quarts. After dinner, espresso. Then Presidente or tequilla.

capegal
  • Total Posts : 12
RE: Introductions please 2005/01/15 21:53:56 (permalink)
capegal
CapeCod, Mass
4 visits, going back in March
beaching, ruins, exploring and relaxing
margaritas[:)]
Cenote2004
Starting Member
  • Total Posts : 30
RE: Introductions please 2005/01/15 22:15:17 (permalink)
1. Cenote2004 -- Andrew
2. Washington DC (30-something degrees here today....Riviera Maya it is not!)
3. None yet -- first time is a month away!
4. Hmmmm....looking forward to exploring ruins, snorkeling
5. Oh my.....too many to list! I'll take the easy way out and say an enormous margarita! [;)]
WildHorse
RE: Introductions please 2005/01/15 22:28:14 (permalink)
Encantado Senora Kay,
I was born in 'Ra cha cha' . Haven't been back in several decades. Have done a lot of photography tho', some professional too. Will send in a graphic trip report when ours is done.
Best wishes and thanks for this message board.

ORIGINAL: Kay
I used to live on Park Ave in Ra cha cha. I worked for an ad agency that worked on... you guessed it Kodak and bausch and lomb business. I loved living here but this was in the early 80's.
BOZONE
  • Total Posts : 15
RE: Introductions please 2005/01/16 11:00:19 (permalink)
I am a newbie to this site and I just want to thank all of you for the vast amount of info. My wife and I, along with two friends, will be down in Akumal at the end of the month.

1. Bozone
2. Bozeman MT
3. Zero visits - 9 days and counting
4. Don't know yet (see #5)
5. Margarita or anything with rum
JAN
Starting Member
  • Total Posts : 16
RE: Introductions please 2005/01/16 13:47:34 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Sunburned Gringo

Hey there fellow Loco's
I'm pretty new to this site but it seems to be a great group of people who all seem willing to help each other out with info on the Mayan Riviera, so lets get to know each other a little better with a simple introduction form, of course your participation is totally voluntary.

1. name or LG board name

JAN aka Jen
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Just got back from first trip to Mexico (hope to have trip report posted later today)
Watching the sunrise from our balcony
Margarita's...It's been 5 days since I've had one...HELP!!
kathyk
  • Total Posts : 38
RE: Introductions please 2005/01/16 14:22:03 (permalink)
Kathy
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
We have never been to the MR, but are going March 20th!!! Can't wait!
I don't know what my fav. activity will be, but usually it is "soaking up the sun!"
I love my strawberry margarita's and daquiri's!
Michelle
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2091
RE: Introductions please 2005/01/16 15:22:14 (permalink)
[:D]
Michelle aka Michelle
Barrie, Ontario CANADA (city one hour north of Toronto)
Leaving Tuesday January 18th - 1st TIME TO THE ROO!!!!!!!!!
Will advise favorate activity upon return...
Favorite Drink - I'll try anything - WHAT IS A MOJITO?
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 114
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5