Welcome to LocoGringo.com's forums/message boards, the Riviera Maya's freshest and best. Our boards offer tourist-to-tourist vacation advice, trip reports, Mexican recipes, all-inclusive resort info, off-topic discussions and just plain fun. Warning, LocoGringo.com is habit forming!
At the present time non-registered "guests" can only read discussions, keyword search, and view the photo galleries and calendars. Guests cannot post, view members profiles, email or private message members.
Members have lots of features at their fingertips. Most of these are listed on the "Welcome all Locos!" thread at the top of the "Akumal and Riviera Maya Message Board", along with helpful user tips. We welcome you to register, join the discussion, ask questions and share your opinions with everyone. It's a fun group!
Messages or threads that do not meet the below guidelines are subject to closure or removal. Members who do not adhere to the below guidelines are subject to banning.
Postings must be:
- No objectionable language or images.
- On topic - Forums are for travel-related discussions. Irrelevant content is subject to deletion or removal to a different forum.
- Non-threatening - LocoGringo encourages active discussions in our forums, even those about controversial topics, but the forums can only flourish if all members feel welcome and safe.
We will not tolerate:
- Multiple messages targeting any member(s) for insults, attacks, or personal comments.
- Challenges to another member's right to participate on our site
- Allegations of fraudulent reviews or forum posts directed toward, or regarding, a specific person or property on LocoGringo.
- Sarcastic asides and snide comments.
- Posting of contact or personal information about other members without permission.
- Posting by those under 13 years. This is not something we decided arbitrarily - it's the law.
- Free of solicitations - We welcome recommendations and critiques from our members, but travelers do not visit the forums to be solicited or sold to.
- Authentic and original - Do not post copyrighted material or content published elsewhere.
Post carefully and respectfully
You have a brief window of time in which to edit your post, but after that you can't change your spelling, fix your grammar or take back any off-hand comments you may have made. A single profanity, hostile comment or personal insult - even in a well-considered post - can lead to the removal of a post.
LocoGringo reserves the right to remove any post for any reason. We'd like to keep removal of posts to a minimum, but we will take the necessary action to keep our forums welcoming and conducive to helpful discussion.