2006/01/11 08:14:07
Admin

LG banner info - UPDATED for Akumal Banner

We are pinning this post to the top of this forum so LG board members can coordinate requests and shipping of the LG banner for regional parties, etc.

Have fun guys!

Zorro
Mad to live, mad to love, mad to create. Be one of the mad ones.
119 comments Leave a comment
Maggie
Wanwell is shipping the banner to me in Columbus, Ohio by 3/1 for the party on 3/4.

Cheers-
Mags
2006/01/11 09:41:29
aj8830
Texas Loco Gringos would like to borrow the banner for a party on April 1 (yes, April Fool's Day) in Austin. Who do I need to speak to about logistics, shipping, address info, etc.?
2006/01/13 16:18:59
Maggie
Aj: Wanwell is the keeper of the banner, after our party (March 4) I will be shipping it back to him....unless he tells me otherwise....

Wanwell is da banner man!

Cheers-
Mags
2006/01/13 16:20:54
aj8830
Thanks a bunch, Maggie.
2006/01/13 16:47:16
aj8830
Wanwell ---- just did. Thanks!
2006/01/16 14:03:01
Rose
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT THE BANNER BE AT LBV BY FEB 14TH FOR THE BIGGEST PARTY IN THE HISTORY OF BIG PARTIES!!!!!!

WHO CAN GET IT DOWN THERE FOR THAT DATE??? THIS IS ONLY 4 WEEKS AWAY, SO, WE NEED TO KNOW!
2006/01/16 14:07:14
Maggie
Rose:

Settle down daaaarling.....all is well with the banners:

ST is currently taking one to the ROO.

Wanwell is the keeper of the banner North of the boarder for all of us in the States and Can to use.

Cheers-
Mags
2006/01/16 14:11:05
Rose
PHEW, THANKS MAGS - I WAS COMING OVER ALL UNECESSARY FOR A MOMENT!!!
2006/01/16 15:05:12
Maggie
Not, sh*t....kinda scary too....hehehe

Cheers-
Mags
2006/01/16 15:21:14
Wanwell
ORIGINAL: Rose

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT THE BANNER BE AT LBV BY FEB 14TH FOR THE BIGGEST PARTY IN THE HISTORY OF BIG PARTIES!!!!!!

WHO CAN GET IT DOWN THERE FOR THAT DATE??? THIS IS ONLY 4 WEEKS AWAY, SO, WE NEED TO KNOW!

Rose,
All is good!

Peace
2006/01/16 17:45:39
Rose
Thanks Wanwell - I shall stop writing in huge, pink letters now!!!! As always, I was just a "little confused" about the situation; but, now that all has been made clear, I am calm and relaxed.

HOWEVER the Mayan Riviera Banner better be at LBV on Feb 14th, otherwise, pink or not, it could get ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2006/01/16 22:26:29
greekbeachgirl
HOWEVER the Mayan Riviera Banner better be at LBV on Feb 14th, otherwise, pink or not, it could get ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROSIE.. You realize this isn't the original??just a heads up so you don't freak when you see the NEW one..
2006/01/24 13:01:25
debbi
Rose just go drink another vat of wine, you'll feel much better after "your moment", I am just teasing you of course hehe. Always wanted to say that to someone after seeing all of the Faulty Towers episodes years ago. Basil (John Cleese) said that phrase so well. God I miss that show.

Z - important question. What happened to the board (piece of wood) all the LG's signed in July 05 at LBV????
2006/01/24 13:16:03
Rose
Debbi - is it okay if I wait till after dinner to drink that vat of wine??? I don't think it would be a good idea to start drinking at lunchtime, especially as I have to drive this afternoon - going to the chiropractor!!

GBG - I am aware that the Original Banner is lost and gone forever - which is really SO SAD. I think I'll sign it twice - redo my August 2005 Colorado Luvfest signature and Valentine's 2006 in the Roo!!! THIS ONE HAD BETTER STAY SAFE!!!
2006/01/25 11:29:55
QRoo1990
ORIGINAL: debbi2000

Z - important question. What happened to the board (piece of wood) all the LG's signed in July 05 at LBV????

I'd like to know this too, Debbi! I know it adorned one of K & G's windows during Hurricane Emily....I hope they saved it!!! [;)].
2006/01/25 19:12:04
Maggie
YEA, I wanna know too....where is Gary's wood?[8D]

Betcha Kay knows![;)]

Cheers-
Mags
2006/01/25 19:19:04
debbi
Thanks Mags, hoping this gets noticed!
2006/01/25 19:39:18
Maggie
Debsters: Let me try again in my own special way...hehehe

HEY GARY!!!!

Where's your wood[8D]......hehehe

Do I need to PM Kay?[;)]

That is the last thing you need....all of us chicas talking....hehehe

Cheers-
Mags
2006/01/25 19:53:55
Gary
Ohhhh, sorry I missed this ladies. Where's my wood?

Well it's always ready and waiting to go up again if things get nasty like the day after the Buena Vida LG party. Here it is waiting for Emily to arrive the day after the party.

Cheers and thanks for asking[:D]
2006/02/03 09:12:55
greekbeachgirl
Nice wood....
2006/02/03 18:25:15
debbi
Gracias Gary, will it be at the next LVB party???
2006/02/03 23:02:14
sarahinWI
What needs to be done to make arrangements for banner in Akumal? Has anyone talked with Lol Ha or LBV about holding it? There is a party planned for March 21 and we'd like to arrange for the banner.

Thanks,
Sarah
2006/02/10 15:35:26
Rose
The Akumal Banner is being kept by Maggie at the Library. The banner should be picked up from her before any LG parties and returned to her afterwards. She is at the Library between 9am-1pm, Mondays-Fridays. It might be a good idea to e-mail her beforehand to let her know you're coming to pick it up.
2006/02/24 14:29:32
u/d
I say we get Lloyds of London to insure the Banner for $1,000,000.00. So if it disappears we at least get half of what it's worth back...

[:D]
2006/02/24 15:19:31
greekbeachgirl
how do we contact library maggie?? e-mail? PM?
we arrive sat 25th [march] and would like the Banner for monday 27th..we can get it from the library monday am??
2006/02/25 10:17:22
Beachey
ORIGINAL: greekbeachgirl

we arrive sat 25th [march] and would like the Banner for monday 27th..we can get it from the library monday am??

Terri, I believe I read a post somewhere that said it was best to e-mail her as she doesn't get on LG an awful lot. You can get her e-mail from the library blog site. Here is the link to that:
http://www.hekabbe.blogspot.com/

You probably should be carrying your cooler with you when you go to pick it up, as this proves you are an LG cooler carrying member, as those are the only people who are supposed to be able to check it out of the library!!!
2006/03/11 19:20:34
cja

GBG....don't forget to take your library card with you so you can check it out!!!
2006/03/14 15:12:08
greekbeachgirl
GOT IT !!!

ORIGINAL: cja

GBG....don't forget to take your library card with you so you can check it out!!!
2006/03/14 16:39:16
MN Spirit!
MN Spirit! here and wondering if it is possible to get the banner sent to MN for our L.G. gathering on Sat. May 6th???

Who shall I PM with my real name and address??

Thanks a bunch! Hope it works out to get it here for us!
2006/04/25 11:56:15
greekbeachgirl
hi MN! Spirit....you need to contact Wanwell the official Banner shipper extraordinaire....
2006/04/27 09:59:44
YANKEE
Just PM'd Wanwell for the banner for August 26 for the first Atlantic Canadian LG Party...It will be in Ontario the weekend before..so it won't have to travel too far![:D]
2006/05/02 06:36:07
aj8830
Wanwell --- requesting banner for another Texas fiesta on June 10. I'll send a PM too. Thanks!
2006/05/12 14:22:35
Wanwell
ORIGINAL: aj8830

Wanwell --- requesting banner for another Texas fiesta on June 10. I'll send a PM too. Thanks!

Hey all,

the Banner will be in Texas with aj8830 for the 6/10 bash.

She is going to hang onto it while MsAzul, Nauggie and I take a little vacation.

If anyone needs it prior to July 1st please PM aj8830
2006/05/23 17:32:03
Jeanne
Hey all you partiers! Don't forget your donation coolers for the Tortuga/Reef Project! I was reminded today by one of the CEA staff that money should be coming in soon from LG parties that have been going on recently. Hopefully! If you have any questions about how to get the $ to the correct person at the CEA please either pm or email me. I'm HAPPY to help![;)]

Jeanne
2006/05/23 18:19:32
u/d
We are preparing to have an LG'fest at the Home of the LG'fest...Loveland Colorado!

Early September... so mark your calendar and make sure we get the banner!!!!

Thanks guys...

u/d[:D]
2006/07/06 18:32:31
greekbeachgirl
then we'll need it shipped to Calgary for the October party ! !
thanks for reminding me ! ! !
2006/07/06 18:52:48
ChicagoCraig
Requesting banner for Midwest Regional Fiesta on November 4th in Chicago.
2006/09/12 17:01:52
Wanwell
ORIGINAL: CHICAGOCRAIG

Requesting banner for Midwest Regional Fiesta on November 4th in Chicago.

got it
2006/09/12 18:30:26
nipper
Geez, I don't know why anyone would flame you. You have provided an LG service, as you said, at your expense. I understand your feelings about some of the stuff that happens on the Edge. I don't read most of what's there - just not worth it. Thank you for the time you have spent as the banner shipper, it is appreciated.
2006/09/26 18:46:38
Jeanne
I'm speechless right now Wanwell........ So sad that LocoGringo has come to this isn't it? [:(] Right now I'm not one of the most popular people here, only because I was trying to keep the "old" LocoGringo from 2 years ago and 1 year ago and 6 months ago alive also... Very sad indeed....to know that someone as good as you are has finally given up....

Jeanne
2006/09/26 18:59:01
MexicanVirgins
So sorry to hear of that, but do respect your notion of not being the banner keeper..I have had the pleasure of signing 2 banners myself..One in the Roo and one that was shipped to the Ontario Lg fest in August..As well as it can get quite expensive sending the banners to all requested locations..Thanks for the time that you put in already for doing this selfless service for all the people of Locogringo...Julie
2006/09/26 19:48:10
CoffeeGrounded
Thanks for taking on the responsiblity, Wanwell, for the period of time that you handled this beloved item. Your effort was appreciated, but unfortunately, now its a bit late to express gratitude. Not only did you pay to handle this treasure, but you tolerated friction in the process. My apologies for my part in the mayhem.

ORIGINAL: Wanwell

I'm done being the banner guy.

the hate between members on the "edge" have finished me.

the Politics, and religion crap has me done. This forum is not the same as it was 6 months ago, a year ago, 5 years ago

I spent the day reviewing the past year's posts. really not a fun time. Not why I would book from LG

I've been shipping the party banner at my own expense for a while now.

I need someone else to step up

I'm done

flame me all you want
2006/09/26 20:09:33
MexicanVirgins
I totally agree with you on all reasons for not wanting to due this...I just wanted to say thanks for doing it out of kindness...I tried to pm but obviously couldn't get through..And no I didn't missunderstand..Thanks again..Julie
2006/09/26 20:27:21
ChicagoCraig
It very unfortunate to lose such a big player in the LG circle.

The unfortunate thing is the fact that the hatred is generated by folks who don't contribute at all, not one bit, on the vacation board.

There is still tons of good information being exchanged on the main board...and very unfortunate that the edge has cast such a huge shadow of everything LG.....Hell...I'm still a rookie officially here....so I can only imagine a place without the mudslinging.

Kay and Gary don't deserve any of it. It sucks for them to lose any bookings because of the edge....but it has become a political forum for some. Can't understand why?

I'm considering being the keeper of the banner. Please PM me with some details.

Thanks for all you've done. Please throw away the trash and reconsider.
2006/09/26 20:38:37
nets
I had no idea this was going on please, please stay. People like me want you here. Don't go!!!!!!!
2006/09/26 21:49:54
shape shifter 47
Yes the Edge does have it's problems....and it is sad the way some react to other and flame them when they do not agree with what is being said....

The Edge is for topics that area little colorful at times, be it politics or religion, both topic that can be difficult to discuss face to face, and even more dangerous to discuss when you can hide behind a screen name.
It is sad that a handful have made the Edge their own playground, but that is the way it is at this time.

I have to also agree that some on the Edge do not take the time to join in helping new travelers and give advise to the first time visitor to Roo.
There is also those on the Edge that rarely participate in fund raisers of any sort. Do they visit the library and donate, maybe not, do they see the real beauty that is found in the people and creatures of Roo....I doubt it....but we have to remember, that is thier choice, not ours..and it is thier loss, not ours.

LG is made up of folks from all walks of life and the thing we have in common is our love for Roo and our friendship for each other and this should be maintained at all cost. We can not allow a few to destory what we have here......let them do what they want and in time they will tire and go play elsewhere.

I have rambled on long enough, we don't want to see a friend leave due to others, stay with us....let someone take over the banner for a while...
You have given a lot....and we thank you.
2006/09/26 22:01:35
Marco Antonio
Wanwell,

Thanks for all that you've done. The webcams at the LocoGringo parties in Colorado. The worldwide shipping of the banner at the whim of LocoGringos across the globe. Your relentless willingness to help others explore and dig life in Quintana Roo..........

I now pronounce you: Relieved of your duties amigo!

'PRAAANNNGGG!' A little angel came up on the end of your bed and hit you on the head with her wand......."Give the LocoGringo Banner to those that follow in your footsteps. Be proud amigo and let go of the torch with dignity..........Life is short...Swim Hard!"

The little angel smiled and so did Mrs Azul.........."Why Wanwell......why didn't you tell me that you were painting my bedrooooooommmmmm?" She looked at Him and He looked at Her. She smiled........He smiled.......Then in fleeting breaths, they both smiled....JEJEJE.

And the oft-signed banner is once more a traveling legend. Who will shelter it for a short while?

Will Maggie hide it in her litter box? Will Rosalita cover it up with a pink nightie? Will Knead-a-beach use it as a sunscreen over her new deck? Will Margarita cover Marcos' body with it and drop him into the deep end of Horsetooth Resevoir, or Half Moon Bay? Will Michelle show Marco how to use it as a beer bong? Will The Hawk sell it on Ebay? Will Red-Sky-At-Night use it as a windshield sunscreen on her rental Tsuru? Will Craig-in-Wisconsin use it for a drop cloth in the Monkey Reserve? Will ChicagoCraig rent it out with a guaranteed taxi return-ride in the Roo? Will Diggummm try to smoke it? Will SteveO or Wes242 try photograph the future finality of it all? Will Lazaro use it to entice LocoGringo Chicatina to visit his Villa on Bahia Soliman?.......So many questions and such an unsure future for the banner.....

Marco Antonio

Only those who step forward will know for sure.................
2006/09/27 00:09:46
suzieq
Wanwell you have done a wonderful job of caring for and monitoring the banner and I thank you so much for your time,effort and cost. I feel it is important to say it.
Unfortunately LG has had a rough ride the last bit and it has been very disheartening at times for sure. I still do believe however that there are so many more good folks on here with positive energy,good info to give and support for each other during good and bad times and lots that have worked hours on different projects for LG and for other charitable organizations in Roo. Many wonderful friendships have been made too. I still believe that that out weighs all the bad stuff that has happened on the Edge and that has at times leaked out onto the main boards.
I guess we need to start stepping out of our comfort zone and speak up when things get out of hand... even on the edge. Please continue to be a part of that positive force that is still very much alive and well on this board. Thank you to all members that have taken the time to answer questions,give advice,give support,love and friendship and have taken the high road. And you all know who you are.
2006/09/27 06:39:55
crunch
If I have/do ever say anything that leads to the above feelings please just let me know. I know that at times I have been unable to stop myself from responding to some of the talk when i feel another viewpoint needs to be shown or if people are just being to argumentative I have on occasion been unable to restrain myself from commenting.

I would never want anyone to feel badly about this place on my account so please just let me know. I promise I would not get upset.
2006/09/27 07:46:27
Lazaro
To WAN! I would like to commend you on a job done well for a few years now. If Craig is going to be the Banner Keeper then he will have some big shoes to fill mi amigo! He will soon find out the trials and tribulations of keeping that banner safe. One was lost I believe that was given, not by you, to a newbie that lost it at the airport so he needs to choose wisely who to give it to to keep it safe.

So is it true what Marco says? I could lure Chicatinas to Bahia Soliman with that banner??? HMMM? I am wondering if I should hold on to that thing instead of Craig?

I really do not know what happened earlier but I want everyone to know that I am glad to call you mi amigo! You opened your home to me, the wife, the crazy texans and other Colorado Locos. I will not forget that. You are a quality person that is truly rare to find.

Adios!
2006/09/27 08:32:52
Jeanne
Very well said Laz and I can't think of a better LocoGringo to try to fill Wan's shoes and keep the banners safe than ChicagoCraig.

Jeanne
2006/09/27 09:33:20
wohlfpack
I agree with you Nets... I havent even been to the Roo yet and am willing to help out in any way I can to keep the peace. This board is full of so many kind people I cant stand to see such unrest. Please PM me if I can help out with the banner or anything else for that matter.
2006/09/27 23:49:58
ChicagoCraig
ORIGINAL: Wanwell

I'm done being the banner guy.

I've been shipping the party banner at for a while now.

I need someone else to step up

I didn't want to start a debate. I'll contact Craig if no one else is interested.

I accept the role professor.

Wanwell....You got some big shoes to fill.

Please be available should I need some assistance....I know ya will.
2006/09/30 06:11:25
dmsmith001
I should note that at the LG gathering at the Lol Ha on Thanskgiving, the / a banner came out of the Roo (er, make that blue) from the manager of the Lol Ha. A bunch of us rooks signed it, and it went back into the manager's hands when we were done.

Dave
2006/11/26 17:08:20
ChicagoCraig
ORIGINAL: dmsmith001

I should note that at the LG gathering at the Lol Ha on Thanskgiving, the / a banner came out of the Roo (er, make that blue) from the manager of the Lol Ha. A bunch of us rooks signed it, and it went back into the manager's hands when we were done.

Dave

I thought the Akumal Banner was being kept at the Library????

Is it getting so full of sigs that people are beginning to sign the back????
2006/12/02 07:13:07
greekbeachgirl
I thought so too...

2006/12/02 19:46:54
Maggie
We got it Greeky, we got it.....don't wanna **** GAB off!LOL

Cheers-
Mags
2006/12/02 19:52:02
LOOLABS
Gee, I had no idea what has been happening and what has been felt by some of the people here. Thank you Wanwell, and now Craig! I logged onto this post to try and find out where we might ask for the banner for people to sign at the Lol Ha Beach bar at 5:30 on December 28th?? Is one at Lol Ha? (That would be handy!) Do I message them and ask? If it is at the library then they will be closed!

Any advice? Of course we are easy going holiday makers so if we get it that's good and if we don't well, then there will have to be another time.... I also wanted to ask, although this is slightly off topic, but still related, if I should tell the Lol Ha some people will be stopping in at that time??
2006/12/14 18:00:51
Block Island Boy

I thought so too...

It came from the Manager but Squirt took it and I believe it is back at the Library....If Mags ever lets him on the puter maybe he could tell us???
2006/12/14 20:03:10
Tortuga Tom
I have been told it is back at the library where it belongs. Cooler toting LG's are the only ones able to remove it from there.

LOOLABS- You will need to get it at the library. The Lol-Ha does not have it.

We had a request for someone to please take down a new storage tube for it. It needs to be a 3 footer and preferably triangular so it won't roll, but a round one will do. Can any of you soon to depart help with this?

Thanks, Tom
2006/12/17 13:50:34
ChicagoCraig
I've got UPS triangular shipping boxes for drawings....and round tubes to wrap it around....this is how the North American Banner will ship in the US. I can send these supplies to someone who wants to haul them down to Akumal. Just PM me your address and its done.
2006/12/21 04:34:13
ChicagoCraig
From Loolabs

Talked to myself some more and will return it to the library
(in its new tube!) and get it again later.

http://www.locogringo.com/forums/tm.asp?m=454687
2006/12/24 05:23:50
Jeanne
Before I forget AGAIN!!!!!!! When we were signing the banner from the library in February it is almost completely full of names! (mine is on it twice now)[:D] What are the chances of getting a new banner and what "happens" to full ones?
2007/03/07 15:16:45
Tortuga Tom
ORIGINAL: Jeanne

Before I forget AGAIN!!!!!!! When we were signing the banner from the library in February it is almost completely full of names! (mine is on it twice now)[:D] What are the chances of getting a new banner and what "happens" to full ones?

You should see it now. It is really full. There are even a couple of sigs on the back.
2007/03/07 19:25:26
Jeanne
OH CRAIG!!!!!!!!!!! We need your help here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2007/03/07 19:47:23
ChicagoCraig
Yes....
2007/03/07 20:29:25
ChicagoCraig
Are you suggesting the north american banner cross south of the border? Where oh where have I heard that suggestion before?

Is it allowed?
2007/03/07 20:30:14
Jeanne
ORIGINAL: ChicagoCraig

Are you suggesting the north american banner cross south of the border? Where oh where have I heard that suggestion before?

Is it allowed?

No, we are asking "What are the chances of getting a new banner and what "happens" to full ones?" Oh banner king!
2007/03/07 20:44:00
Tortuga Tom
Since the banner is usually accompanied by the donation cooler maybe Maggie could find a place to hang the full one in the library buildings??
2007/03/08 15:43:36
Jeanne
But of course I was thinking the same thing.[;)]
2007/03/08 16:11:15
Beachey
We would need to somehow get hold of Wanwell and have his buddy make a new banner for us. He has the template and can make it up in usually one day when it is requested. Somebody would have to get the $$$ to Wanwell including shipping $$ to get it to whomever would be taking it down to the Roo!!! I fsomeone preferably in the USA would organize this I would be happy to send my $$ to help out. I only suggest someone from the USA do it, as it is easier sending US $$ than Canadian $$$ to Wanwell. But it could also be done from up here as well, just takes longer to accomplish the deed from this side of the border.
2007/03/08 16:21:34
Jeanne
I live very close to Wanwell and would be happy to contact him. I still have his email address from the Colorado Party. I wouldn't think it would cost much to ship it from Ft Collins to Lone Tree. Hell, I could go pick it up! Now luggage is another matter....[;)] I'm gonna feel like a pack horse in April but that's OK with me![:)]
2007/03/09 07:12:18
Xelly
JEANNE, Is this still ongoing? Is there someone that has paid for a banner whom needs reimbursing? Should we get a cooler going around at some LG parties for the banner? We'll be there in May and I can mention it... Let me know.
2007/04/18 06:54:03
Jeanne
ORIGINAL: xelgoer

JEANNE, Is this still ongoing? Is there someone that has paid for a banner whom needs reimbursing? Should we get a cooler going around at some LG parties for the banner? We'll be there in May and I can mention it... Let me know.

Thanks for asking xelgoer. The full banner has been retired and was presented to Kay and Gary at the party on the 25th. I transported the new one and it was "unveiled" at the party. I bought a very nice plastic tube for transportation and storage at the library.

We had another very generous LG member, who wishes to remain anonymous, purchase the latest banner. They are happy to be a member here and wanted to show their appreciation.

Gracias to you Anonymous![:)]
2007/04/29 14:02:45
Tortuga Tom
Any idea what Kay & Gary are going to do with the retired one?
2007/04/29 17:46:34
Maggie
ORIGINAL: Tortuga Tom

Use it for bed sheet.....throw some baby oil on it?[8D]

Cheers-
Mags
2007/04/29 17:54:34
Tortuga Tom
ORIGINAL: Maggie

Use it for bed sheet.....throw some baby oil on it?[8D]

Cheers-
Mags

Hehhehhehheh.... I would expect no less from you!

At least it's getting put to good use!!
2007/04/29 18:08:26
Maggie
WHOOOO HOOO!!!!

Sounds like a good retirement to me![8D]

Dang, that banner has it made![;)]

Cheers-
Mags
2007/04/29 18:09:50
Tortuga Tom
So any bets on whose butt gets the most ink on it?
2007/04/29 18:12:05
Jeanne

Kay's[;)][:D]
2007/04/29 18:13:44
Maggie

Hummmmmm.....tough call, dem kiddos be wild![8D]

Butt, iffn my tail depended on it.....I would go with Gary.....cuz, K rules that roost![:D]

Go CHICAS GO![:)]

Cheers-
Mags
2007/04/29 18:14:46
Tortuga Tom
Ok. I'm left with no response......LOL!
2007/04/29 18:16:56
Maggie

TT, speechless[:-].....love that![8D]

Cheers-
Mags
2007/04/29 18:19:27
Tortuga Tom

TT, speechless[:-].....love that![8D]

Cheers-
Mags

Yeah, pretty rare huh?
2007/04/29 18:31:31
Maggie
Yeppers........so, can ya drink the water in MX?[8D]

Cheers-
Mags
2007/04/29 18:34:33
Tortuga Tom

Yeppers........so, can ya drink the water in MX?[8D]

Cheers-
Mags

Why? I can drink water here. Mexico is for tequila and cerveza. I don't need no stinkin' water!
2007/04/29 18:38:50
Wifey
Is there any way to get the banner for the November 28th Lol Ha party? Who do I need to talk to? Maggie at the Library? Anyone?
2007/10/19 15:39:02
Tortuga Tom
You just have to go to the library with a cooler or wearing an LG shirt to identify you as Loco and pick it up.
2007/10/19 15:48:25
Wifey

You just have to go to the library with a cooler or wearing an LG shirt to identify you as Loco and pick it up.

Thanks Tom!! Should I pick it up in the morning or perhaps the day before?
2007/10/19 17:45:45
Tortuga Tom
ORIGINAL: Wifey

Either one will work. Just be sure that you know when they are open. The hours change with the seasons.
2007/10/19 18:56:05
Wifey

ORIGINAL: Wifey

Either one will work. Just be sure that you know when they are open. The hours change with the seasons.

Will do!! Thanks again..
2007/10/20 19:49:10
Jeanne
Sorry wifey - I didn't see your question here - glad you pm'd me and we've got ya square! Hola to Maggie for me[:)]
2007/10/20 20:35:13
crunch
Just don't lose it! Maggies Squirt did that (temporarily) and there was he** to pay! It is anawesome responsibiklity - LOL.
2007/10/23 07:06:03
Wifey
Jeanne- I posted here and then sent you the PM.. I wasn't sure if anyone would respond so I wanted to have my bases covered. I will definitely tell Maggie hello for you. [:D]

Crunch - I PROMISE not to lose the banner....lol...I understand what a HUGE responsibility it is. Plus, I have read the story about Mags and Sqirt.....[;)] oops..
2007/10/23 09:33:29
neilalex
Is there a banner in Akumal??????

It woudl be nice to have it down there for the parties on the 28th and 4th.

I should have seen that there were more pages. Never mind.

WE are planning on giong to the Library earlier on the 4th so I can pick it up.
2007/11/08 18:05:10
greekbeachgirl
well...we had the banner for the Jan.23rd bash and forgot to unfurl it for signatures

[:@][:@][:@]DUH[:@][:@][:@]
2008/02/05 13:04:40
Xelly
Oh well... the important thing is that we saw it on the webcam. That baby sure is cute...[sm=y-angel.png]
2008/05/16 11:56:16
Xelly
Well... signage banner was swept away before we had a chance to sign it and I didn't have the balls to go get it again after that happened, so I guess it's just a mute point. Funny how some poeple are.... nough said.
2008/06/12 20:29:46
greekbeachgirl
???[8|]
care to elaborate? is the banner safe ?[8|]
ORIGINAL: xelgoer

Well... signage banner was swept away before we had a chance to sign it and I didn't have the balls to go get it again after that happened, so I guess it's just a mute point. Funny how some poeple are.... nough said.
2008/06/13 11:54:24
Xelly
I guess.... Maggie's friend grabbed it. I suppose they know where it is. It was kinda weird. We were just sitting at the table and all of a sudden this gal grabs it as if it was in danger or something. So, Maggie took it back, I'm sure.
2008/06/13 17:50:04
ChicagoCraig
I suppose I should get the dust bunnies off the NA banner and get it headed towards Calgary ROOfest III eh?.[:)] 

I'm thinking a dog sled may be the best way.[:)]
2009/01/11 11:21:35
greekbeachgirl
good idea CC...dog sled with lots of stamps!!!!
2009/01/11 11:33:01
Xelly
Here it is.... a few years later... How is the banner doing? The Roo banner? It has to be getting close to full again and Jeanne is still around, right? Can somebody evaluate the situation of BOTH banners to see if replacements are needed and/or another retirement party????

Gracias!
2010/03/20 09:04:54
memoe
How is the 'ol banner doing? Who has the latest on it's travels?
2010/09/25 14:31:36
Vancouver Sundog
It partied hard at AASB2010
2010/09/25 16:30:02
LadyBugg

ORIGINAL: Vancouver Sundog

It partied hard at AASB2010

After attending 3 or 4 LG parties with the banner I think even I remembered to sign it in April.
2010/09/25 16:49:55
Beachey
I believe you did LB!!!

And thanks to Doug rippin up his good shirt we were able to hang it up to!! Thanks buddy, you came thru in the nick of time mi amigo!!!
2010/09/25 17:46:08
Vancouver Sundog
thanks to Doug rippin up his good shirt we were able to hang it up to

Between Beachy, Doug, Maple Syrup, and I - we managed it

2010/09/25 20:25:54
LadyBugg
Is the banner back at the library?
2010/09/25 20:30:40
Beachey
ORIGINAL: LadyBugg

Is the banner back at the library?

Yes.
Or I should say it was when I left Akumal. Put it back on the shelf in the library myself. I'm sure it's still there safe and sound.
2010/09/25 20:38:51
relaxing
There is an LG get together Oct 18th at Lol Ha and the Cueva - can we/should we borrow the banner. Do we just go to Library to borrow it or ?
2010/09/30 09:05:16
nipper
Go to the library with your LG cooler and ask for it. There is also a cooler there to use to collect donations.
The library people keep it for us in exchange for donations.
2010/10/06 09:21:42
relaxing
Ok, thanks Nipper - I guess I was just wondering if I had to reserve it or anything like that. So we will pop into the library before the gathering and pick up.... with the donation cooler as well! [:D]
2010/10/06 09:26:03
Tricky

ORIGINAL: nipper

Go to the library with your LG cooler and ask for it. There is also a cooler there to use to collect donations.

So one has to furnish an LG cooler in order to check out the banner...
2011/06/21 10:45:40
Wifey
ORIGINAL: Tricky

ORIGINAL: nipper

So one has to furnish an LG cooler in order to check out the banner...

You don't have to have a cooler to get the banner, you just need to ask Carlos for it.  We do require that you return it to the Library when you are finished with it.  If you don't have a cooler and are raising funds for the Library they have one that you can use as well.
2011/06/21 12:55:32
Tricky
Awesome, because honestly, while the LG coolers are a sweet brand of pride; they would serve Tricky little practical purpose.  I mean, with all due respect, this thing can hold seven? maybe nine beers?  Cans at that:

Now this bad boy, we're talking volume into the three or four case range; bottles if need be.  I may have to have some LG decals printed up and get a cooler like this decked out for a true Quintana Roo beach beverage voyage: sand skis, a tow rope, weld a cigar humidifier on somewhere... [&:]:

2011/06/21 13:10:35
Wifey
ORIGINAL: Tricky

Awesome, because honestly, while the LG coolers are a sweet brand of pride; they would serve Tricky little practical purpose.  I mean, with all due respect, this thing can hold seven? maybe nine beers?  Cans at that:

Now this bad boy, we're talking volume into the three or four case range; bottles if need be.  I may have to have some LG decals printed up and get a cooler like this decked out for a true Quintana Roo beach beverage voyage: sand skis, a tow rope, weld a cigar humidifier on somewhere... [&:]:

That is a cool cooler for sure!  [;)]

Personally, I like it when the Library's LG cooler comes back full of money.  You would be surprised at how much one of those little coolers will hold!  [:D][:D]
2011/06/21 13:44:13
1runjuan
i get to endorse the banner tomorrow. and get more sigs on the cooler. gonna be a great time.[:)][:)]
2012/10/26 18:32:40
Xelly
My cooler became my camera case
2017/02/18 16:23:32

Comments are closed.

© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5