2015/05/20 17:55:00
boo.ky

2015 CRT

I am a Club Maeva Tulum girl who still loves to walk that stretch of beach. Went to CRT just a week before they went all adult in 2008. After a long hiatus with 2 surgeries, I am now planning a Sept trip with my boyfriend. Confused a bit about the room and Privilege choices. On Vacay Express, a little vague. It looks from pics that many beach lounges have no shade. The privileged beach has some palapas and shade from what I can see, but very condensed. Would appreciate any advice as to room and upgrading on booking vs at the resort on check-in. Are the outdoor jacuzzi's open to everyone still or privileged? What is the difference in the ala carte breakfast and La Palapa? I am ok with a buffet, but is La Palapa just Continental now or still the good buffet?
3 comments Leave a comment
andera1
Hi!  I'll be travelling there next week, and I also had questions about the same thing.  There is a lot of information about the privileged/non-privileged issue on trip advisor in guest reviews.  Most seem to indicate that they don't feel the benefits are worth the cost, and based on my research, I tend to agree.  I'm not certain about the outdoor Jacuzzi, but since it is not specifically mentioned as a privileged benefit, I assume it is open to everyone.

I also reached out to the hotel about the same question.  I'll copy and paste below their response.  From what I can gather, privileged gets you an "upgraded" room, although various reviews state that the room is really no different from the non-upgraded room.  It is however, closer to the beach/pool area.  If you upgrade to privileged, you get access to a section of the beach that is reserved for privileged customers, and also get access to B-Loved restaurant, which is restricted to privileged customers only.  Many people really like the restaurant.

Here is the info from the hotel...
PRIVILEGE JUNIOR SUITE 
During your stay you can enjoy all the next extra  services:
* Free entrance at the spa (jacuzzi, sauna, steam room)
* Privilege restaurant a la carte  ‘’ Be Loved’’ on the beach (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with organic menu
* Late check out for free (upon availability)
* 10% off in all the hotel  extra services
* On the first day: 
Fruit basket and 1 bottle of tequila
* On the second day:
Wine bottle with a variety of cheese
* On the third day or the day before departure:
Tropical fruit
* Privilege Balinese bed ( 1 day during your stay) and to complement your day a bottle of sparkling wine, fruit and chocolates. (Reservation with Guest  Service)
* 30 minutes massage for a couple  (Reservation at the Spa)

PRIVILEDGE HONEYMOON SUITE
        During your stay you can enjoy all the next extra  services:
* Free entrance at the spa (jacuzzi, sauna, steam room)
* Privilege restaurant a la carte  ‘’ Be Loved’’ on the beach (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with organic menu
* Late check out for free  (upon availability)
* 10% off in all the hotel  extra services
* On the first day: 
Fruit basket and 1 bottle of tequila
* On the second day:
Wine bottle with a variety of cheese
* On the third day or the day before departure:
Tropical fruit
* 1 picture for the couple 
* Special gift from HC ( with Guest Service)
* Privilege Balinese bed ( 1 day during your stay) and to complement your day a bottle of sparkling wine, fruit and chocolates (Reservation with Guest  Service)
* 30 minutes massage for a couple  (Reservation at the Spa)
* 1 Continental breakfast in bed (Reservation with Guest  Service) 
* Private candlelight dinner  and Turn down service in bed (Reservation with Guest  Service)
2015/05/27 08:26:51
Missinrivmaya
Hola,
we were there in Feb.  this was our third trip.  We had stayed in building 5 twice before, but with increased prices, we chose the cheaper rooms this year(building 3).  The priveledged rooms are located in building 5 and 6, I believe.  that is where they were remodeling the rooms.  The priveledged beach has no palapas (at least they didn't when we were there).  there are a few palapas on the unpriveledged side.  Lots of shade as the sun moves.  No problem there.  I'm a sun worshiper, so I was constantly moving my lounge in the afternoon to get more sun.  Palapas all around the pool.  
BLoved is ala carte for breakfast.  The only other restaurant for breakfast is up by the lobby.  It's buffet style.  food is good and plenty to chose from.
The big Palapa restaurant, by the beach, if for lunch only.  they are open during dinner also.   you can also eat lunch at the snack bar by the pool bar.  Jacuzzi's outside are open to all.  they got rid of one of the jacuzzi's.......the tepid one.  
I've heard the food at BLoved is very good.  we opted not to upgrade.  we were saving on spending money so we could get off the resort and explore more.  It had just opened when we were there.  The lounges on beach fill up fast and there is a ritual of getting up very early to reserve your lounge chair with your beach towel.  usually about 6am and you can pretty much pick your chair.  just remember where it is.  Have fun.  It's still a beautiful place.  Just be aware that the time share people are there to try to get you to buy into the executive club.  they wanted us to listen to their speil when we first got there, but we were tired and just wanted to get to our room.  They could be a little obnoxious and bothersome.  but we just kindly told them "no thank you".  but the last day we were heading out to the collectivo and one was following us out.  we just kept walking.  that is the only change we didn't care for.  Enjoy.  walks on the beach are still magically.   the place is still so calming.  
2015/06/07 18:04:50
andera1
so we had our trip in the first week of June.  We loved this resort.  We did not upgrade, and did not regret it at all.  There is lots of shade at the beach provided by palms, and there are some palapas on the non-privileged side.  The last responder was correct in their assessment as well.  I would mention though that we never had a problem securing a chair around the pool or at the beach, even if we did not make it out until 11:00am or so.  The outdoor Jacuzzi is open to anyone, and it is VERY hot.  So hot in fact that we could not really get in.  They offered one additional upgrade option at check-in, which included access to B-Loved (privileged restaurant) and access to privileged beach, but stay in a non-privileged room, at a cost of $20 per person per day.  Not worth it IMHO.  The other upgrade options that I was emailed prior to arrival (see my last post) were available as well.  All prices were non-negotiable.  After check-in, we were also asked if we wanted to listen to the time share sell over breakfast the following day, but after telling the guy that we have a lot of kids and don't travel often (very strategic on my part:-), he was not persistent at all when we said no thanks.  We were never approached again.

Privileged rooms are in buildings 5 and 6, which are closest to the beach/pool area.  We stayed in building 4, which was centrally located between the lobby area and the beach/pool area (building 3 is similarly located).  Buildings 1 and 2 are located nearest to the lobby.  I have read other reviews that state that buildings 1 and 2 all have two double beds, buildings 3 and 4 all have one king bed, and buildings 5 and 6 are privileged.

Breakfast buffet was really outstanding.  An enormous selection, and an omelet station available as well.  We always enjoyed our breakfast.

We ate at the a-la-carte restaurants for dinner, and enjoyed every meal, although we never tried the Italian restaurant.  The Tapas restaurant was our favorite.

Any other questions, just let me know!
2015/06/19 08:01:41

Comments are closed.

© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5