2014/04/22 18:17:01
juan rojo

Xpu Ha , Living The Dream

We went to La Playa Beach Bar at Xpu Ha in March and had a fine day . There was an entry fee out by the highway of 40 pesos that was refundable after spending 125 pesos at the beach bar . This was normal enough although the entry fee was an occasional thing in the past and seemed to be permanent now .

People seeking a quiet private beach to sit on their own blanket could simply view the entry fee as a parking fee if they choose .

There is now a second beach club just south of La Playa that was new to us at least , called Living The Dream .

There are swings on the ocean side and beers were thirty pesos , as at La Playa , as an example of costs .

The palapa is a good size and while I didn't check about food there is a menu over the bar .

There is a kite board business out front called KSM and maybe they are all one big thing , this facebook page makes it seem so .

https://es-es.facebook.com/pages/KSM-BEACH-CLUB-Living-The-Dream/410654492368942

I don't know for sure if you could access this place through the Bonanza Campsite , one driveway south of La Playa , but we could do this several years ago for a simple parking fee . The minimum spend thing at La Playa is very easy to do wiothout feeling ripped off in any way but there is a new place to try for variety .

There was also a nearby ,"satellite" , beach bar for patrons of the Xpu Ha Belair collection resort on the north point with an accompanying dedicated shuttle van . A nice feature for those patrons . This third bar may may serve the public for cash as well .

Please be happy always

PARTLY CLOUDY = MOSTLY SUNNY
10 comments Leave a comment
Badger
Thanks again, Juan for the info. We love the "original" La Playa Xpu Ha Beach Bar & Restaurant, may have to check out the new place next trip.
2014/04/23 05:37:00
crunch
Did they have any loungers and umbrellas?
2014/04/23 06:52:18
Jamie
Sounds nice, hope to make it to Xpu-Ha this next trip.
2014/04/23 07:36:22
gal4giants
I didn't see any loungers or umbrellas there BUT La Playa Xpu Ha does. We bring our our own beers, umbrellas & what not to Xpu Ha & bought a cubeta from the new place since our beers apparently had holes in them :)  & they came down to us to check in & see if we needed another.  Very cool!  La Playas music is getting a little too loud for me the last few trips.  
2014/04/23 10:29:46
crunch
Oh no.  Hate it when they get the music too loud.  We have enjoyed that beach club, but would like to try the new one if they have some shade.  
2014/04/23 12:48:49
juan rojo
As Gals mentions , I didn't notice loungers or shade but they are also included in the 125 pesos spend at La Playa . La PLaya was good for music on our visit and the snorkeling was prety good for a roughish day through some nice coral close enough to shore . We rescued someones lost Mares snorkel from the reef , win win ! As I was shaking all the sand out of it a little long legged  starfish swam out and that was a bonus .
2014/04/23 22:43:48
gal4giants
there is lots of shade in the bar area under the Palapa :)  It's a cool comfy space 
2014/04/23 23:07:03
crunch
Sounds good.  And seeing the starfish?  Awesome!
2014/04/24 06:46:04
rossd
We snuck in the back way to Xpu Ha in March and paid a fellow about 40 P and drove down this narrow road and parked a few steps from the beach beside some ruins. We found a fantastic beach and we ended up pitting in at the beach bar for the rest of the day eating and drinking.
It was a fabulous time..very casual and relaxing.
I will return next March 2015..
2014/04/24 11:37:22
Cabin Boy
Thanks Juan for the info..Will check it out when we head back to CRT.
First time I could log on since the forum has changed.
2014/04/24 12:30:32

Comments are closed.

© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5