2013/04/06 13:46:38
D@C

Easyway NO WAY!

After years of using Easyway with NO problems, and giving excellent reviews,they we're a NO SHOW for our reservation at ABR on the 27th of March, and we were not the only ones's that got that treatment. We waited one hour before we had the hotel call for us. We we're told that Easyway was on the way with our car and would be there shortly. Again a No Show. Our reservations we're made with Jesus in February. He sent us a conformation code and gave us a discount for being Loco Gringo members,he also said see you at ABR!
We emailed Jesus and explained the problem, he wrote back and said he would look into it!. That's the last time we herd from him.
Because of this we will never use Easyway again, and that goes for my family and friends. You may be next!!!!!

75 comments Leave a comment
Terry Chelton
Thank you for the info ..we have used them before and going out in 2weeks was going to again . What they did is just wrong . My custom will go elsewhere
2013/04/06 14:06:51
Johaffy
We actually just got back and used Easyway also... we made a reservation about a month back with a reservation code...They were to meet us at our resort and confirmed this the day before with Mauro... when no one showed we called and 2 hours later someone did come. A week into the 2 week rental we got a flat in Playa del Carmen. Called Easyway to let them know and we were going to change it ourselves but the spare was flat too.. one hour of waiting someone came to fix the flat but we wanted the spare fixed because we did not want to go on the 307 without a spare... they said the tire had puncture holes in it and could not be fixed. And they gave us another car to use...and charged us $67.00 for the tire...we have yet to have a good experience with any car rental. We used Carribean (same as Easyway) Dollar, Avis and all are really bad...
2013/04/06 14:28:30
Terry Chelton
True . But not to show up is just rude .
2013/04/06 14:34:57
Beachey
D at C I would put what you wrote here in an e-mail verbatim to Easway and let them know what they did to you, how you feel about it, and in turn what you will be doing in the future. That was a really lousy lack of service in any language and any country, period. It almost seems like they really just don't care doesn't it!!

2013/04/06 14:57:51
shellsway2003
when the rental car fake cops took my rental becaause of paper plates easyway brought me a new car from cancun which i declined for a better car and was brought the next day we were happy and they gave us half off our next rental all on there own and said how sorry they were for the inconvienance!!
2013/04/06 15:26:59
Jamie
Sorry to hear about this problem. Not sure if it is due to being high season or what, but several people reported the same No Show problem over on TA a day or two ago including one who was a long time renter and had previously recommended. Now she is slamming them all over the place, not a good move and I hope they fix whatever internal problems they are having.
2013/04/06 15:41:15
Tamie
This is concerning, considering we have our reservation with Easyway in 10 days. I'm already paranoid we'll be stuck at the airport and unable to contact them, stories like this make me realize my fear is not unfounded. I may look at some of the other rental company's pricing and see about a backup plan. Thanks for letting us know, I'd rather be prepared than blindsided. What they did to you was just wrong. Hopefully they will get it together, and soon!
2013/04/06 16:09:42
D@C
Hola Tami. I hope Easyway does get it back together, but they will never get me back. After talking to them on e-mail, and they still did not make it right, I could NEVER trust them again.
2013/04/06 17:44:53
gal4giants
We lucked out I'm sure as they do have very limited staff. We flew in on Tuesday 4/19 & was crammed into a van with another large family. At the lot there were 4 cars total so Spring Break was in full swing. When we returned on 4/2 the lot was completely packed full of cars. I'm sure the peak times this happens & yes there is no excuse but I do know it happens. Christmas & Easter break are a gamble. Just can't wait to get our car there so we don't have to deal with the rentals any more.
2013/04/06 17:59:31
Sharoon
We have rented with Easyway over several years. We rent for 5 to 7 months at a time. We have had great experiences, and we have had terrible ones. Considering how often and for how long we rent with them, you would think that we would get gold star treatment....nope. This last time was the last time. It is about time we bought a car there anyway, to say the least, but this last time, we flew in Oct 27th to rent for 5 months. We were guaranteed the same quality car we got last time or an upgrade and instead they wanted to downgrade us. We complained and for 100 usd more we could get the same quality car we had before...well, we know where that hundred bucks went and we were happy....at one point the trunk wouldn't stay closed on our Tilda. We called Cancun and they wanted us to drive it up there...we finally talked them into us going to Playa to get it fixed....we get to the Playa place and they can't fix it...argh....so, they are going to bring us a car down from Cancun. We told them where we would be and several hours later they showed up with a car that was unacceptable. The ENTIRE front end looked like it could fall off the first tope you went over.....we called and they couldn't understand and finally told them they had to bring us another car the next day, which they did, to our house, Casa Alma de la Vida, in Akumal...still..it was a hassle..and the hundred buck thing was simmering....and this is not the only time they have screwed with us....enough is enough, and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone again, which is upsetting to me as well..Hit and miss service is NOT good enough when you are spending a short or long time there....especially if you only have a week or two and then you have to deal with crapola....cuts into valuable time.
2013/04/07 10:32:31
gal4giants

ORIGINAL: Sharoon
It is about time we bought a car there anyway

There is a new dry strorage place across 307 from Pamuul where you can store your car (if there is still space).

http://www.rmayastorage.com/

Sorry about your experiences...just ridiculous that it can be such a gamble.
2013/04/07 11:43:07
Sharoon

ORIGINAL: gal4giants

It is about time we bought a car there anyway

There is a new dry strorage place across 307 from Pamuul where you can store your car (if there is still space).

http://www.rmayastorage.com/

Sorry about your experiences...just ridiculous that it can be such a gamble.

Thanks for that, I have seen it. We have a friend who is in the jungle who will keep our car for us when we are not there though so no need. :-) One thing about leaving a car down there is you want it started up and run often and driven once in a while. Letting it sit for months in storage wouldn't be good for it.
The hit and miss aspects of all of this is what gets me the most....my husband lost the key one time a couple of years ago...we were renting for 7 months and were 5 months into it. They drove down from Cancun to our place and brought us another key. Super awesome! Well, until we returned the car, that is....it was taking forever with the guy going back in and discussing something with someone else while the clock is ticking and we need to conclude this business and get to the airport. Well, he comes out and charges us 350 USD for the replacement key!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it and neither could my husband. And to do it at the last minute like that was really crappy too...We actually found the key last year and returned it and they never said hi by or kiss my arse,,
2013/04/07 12:10:57
gal4giants

One thing about leaving a car down there is you want it started up and run often and driven once in a while. Letting it sit for months in storage wouldn't be good for it.

Our manager & friends will be doing that for us as well. This service does run it once a week & airs it out as well, they even have online security cameras so you can watch your car/boat/gold cart just sit there :) It's a great idea & I hope he does well.

$350 for a dang key!
2013/04/07 12:18:11
Tanda50
November of 2011 we had a reservation for a car that they were going to bring to the Akumal arch. They never showed and would not answer any of our emails afterwards.
2013/04/07 15:32:28
cozumelcrazy
I used to use them too but if the car is coming out of the Playa office it was a disaster the last two times. No show then mechanical problems then we turned in a day early but they couldn't give us a refund only "credit" on the next trip (like they will remember). The manager in Playa is not interested in happy customers and I have relayed this to Jesus with no response.
2013/04/07 19:07:25
Sharoon

ORIGINAL: gal4giants

One thing about leaving a car down there is you want it started up and run often and driven once in a while. Letting it sit for months in storage wouldn't be good for it.

Our manager & friends will be doing that for us as well. This service does run it once a week & airs it out as well, they even have online security cameras so you can watch your car/boat/gold cart just sit there :) It's a great idea & I hope he does well.

$350 for a dang key!

Wow, a gold cart! lololol [8D][:D] [;)]
Easyway is not going to make it if they keep treating people the way that they are. Has anyone ever used Blueway?
2013/04/07 21:23:00
caribbean5

ORIGINAL: D@C

After years of using Easyway with NO problems, and giving excellent reviews,they we're a NO SHOW for our reservation at ABR on the 27th of March, and we were not the only ones's that got that treatment. We waited one hour before we had the hotel call for us. We we're told that Easyway was on the way with our car and would be there shortly. Again a No Show. Our reservations we're made with Jesus in February. He sent us a conformation code and gave us a discount for being Loco Gringo members,he also said see you at ABR!
We emailed Jesus and explained the problem, he wrote back and said he would look into it!. That's the last time we herd from him.
Because of this we will never use Easyway again, and that goes for my family and friends. You may be next!!!!!

We have booked Easyway and now have a concern. We arrive in a couple weeks and last trip they delivered directly to our hotel. Now after reading all the post wonder if it will happen like last year.

Sounds like the issues are not with Jesus but rather elsewhere. He does his job but sounds like others have been dropping the ball.

Hope their problems are resolved before we arrive.

2013/04/08 01:17:06
D@C
We talked with Jesus on e-mail he said he would look into our problem, that's the last we herd from him. We saved all the e-mail. when i do my trip report maybe I will post it.
Except for Easyway it was one of our better trips,
2013/04/08 01:56:03
BrierSteph
Hi,

We just returned from our trip to Akumal on Saturday. We rented a car from EasyWay from Sat. 3/30 to Sat. 4/6. They were not at the Cancun airport when we walked out, but one of the other rental vendors showed us where to wait and the EasyWay rep was there soon after. We had to wait about 20 minutes for the vans to come and 2 other parties and our family of 4 were loaded into 2 vans. There were only a few cars in the lot when we got there and it took about an hour until we got our car. They were actutally still washing and cleaning them while we waited. The car was not what we reserved - we had reserved the Tsuru and we got the VW Gol. But it served our needs and we had no issues during our trip. It was hard to get used to a car with manual locks and window cranks though. It makes our Hyundai Elantra seem positively luxurious!

Returning the car was easy and pretty fast and there were no added charges....that I have seen so far.

All in all, EasyWay was okay. I would rent from them again.

Stephany
Brier, WA
2013/04/08 11:00:23
frza
Thank you for sharing your experience, but now I am really nervous! We will be there next month and have reserved a car with them for 4 days. We asked them to deliver it / pick up in Akumal so I feel teh possibility for trouble is greater than if we we're go to a rental office.
I woudl love to hear about other options. Does anyone know of another company that wil deliver the vehicle to you in Akumal?
2013/04/08 17:38:12
D@C
Hola frza. We have used Easyway for years and never had a problem until our last trip. Chances are you will be OK. It dosn't matter to me how good they have been on our previous trips, we would expect that from any company! it was unexceptable what they did to me and others last month. If they are late for your reservation, don't wait like I did, make other arrangments.
Our trip was not spoiled because Easyway was a NO SHOW, we just lost a few hours. Easyway has lost my business. I will be checking the board on reviews of other rental companies before I book again!. HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!
2013/04/08 18:32:31
cmooresun
I have rented from Easyway for a long time and have reserved a car delivered to us in Akumal for June. After reading what's going on my plan is to stick with Easyway, email and confirm about a week before I will be there, and make sure I take contact info for a couple of their competitors. If they are a no show then I will just enjoy a cervesa and call someone else. It shouldn't be super busy in May or June so getting a last minute rental shouldn't be a huge problem. Try not to stress[:D]

Sorry about your experiences of everyone else. Hopefully they will get this figured out or they are going to lose a lot of loyal customers....
2013/04/08 18:47:24
Tamie
I emailed them Saturday to confirm and get a direct number to call with any issues. I haven't heard back from Jesus yet. I know sometimes it can take a few days for him to respond, but he was very fast at responding to my questions when I booked. I did a little searching the other day, time to dig in deeper, I guess.
2013/04/08 19:50:48
TwirleyB
Altho it is none of my business, I did send Jesus a link to this thread.
It's high season.  Hotels overbook, flights overbook. 
I agree, no show service is totally unacceptable.  I am not defending Easyway.  However, I'm sure it happens with all companies and to all people.  Great customers or not.  I had a not good experince with Hertz in Phx.

Still using Easyway in May.
2013/04/08 21:33:02
D@C
The No Show was bad enough, but after that we had contact with them. We we're told the car was on the way, so we waited. After talking to them again by e-mail they said they would look into it and get back to us, that Never happened. We lost about 1/2 a day. Good thing the Beer was cold! And yes, this could happen with any car rental company, but this happened with Easyway, and it happened to me and another couple that was also waiting. This was not an Easyway to go for our car rental!!
2013/04/08 23:40:15
alleycat1
After about 30 trips with Cancun Rental, I went with Easyway on my last trip and I plan to use them again next week. I had three trips in a row with problems so I switched. Easyway was there & the whole process was a lot faster!
2013/04/09 07:44:45
el gran chico
All I can say is that our experience with Easyway a few weeks ago went fine. We had a major screw up with our luggage so we were stuck at the airport for nearly 2 hours after we landed, and the Easyway guy was still at the customs exit waiting to pick us up.

The only "complaint" I had was that the car wasn't ready after I got to the office to do the paperwork - it was about another 15 minutes to complete the cleaning before we were able to make our way to Akumal. After the airport fiasco, I felt fortunate the guy stayed around so I didn't make a fuss about it.

So maybe Easyway is fine when you pick-up from Cancun Airport, but not so fine when you pick up at other locations?!?! [&:]
2013/04/09 11:21:12
txgal
This really concerns me. I have used Easyway for the last few years - primarily because I could rent in Cancun and return in Playa. I went to reserve the car for my July trip this summer and the rental rates doubled when I put in 9 days versus 7 days. So I emailed Jesus - on top of the email reservation that I had made last year and the discussions that we had last year about rentals and such - he continued to quote me cheaper prices for a smaller car - and not much cheaper than the doubled amount either - just about $75 cheaper. I already know we can't do a smaller car - there are 4 of us and lots of luggage because we bring our own snorkel equipment. We plan on driving to Valladolid for a few days then Akumal and dropping the car in Playa so we can finish our vacation over in Cozumel.

If anyone knows of another car rental place that I can rent at Cancun airport and return in Playa - please let me know so I can keep them in mind too.
2013/04/09 12:39:58
juan rojo
I think El Gran Chico has it right . If they , or any renter , pick you up at the airport service is pretty good . A LOT of the problems with ALL renters seem to involve pick up and delivery other than at the airport . I even read about someone wanting to head to Coba with their rental having to return to PDC with the driver to process the paperwork , kinda wrecking that plan . If possible I would plan a day around picking up the car in Tulum or PDC , with a backup plan worked out for contingencies .

I also know that people get very upset by being ignored and forgotten or getting the wrong car or a bad car and no apology but at least none of these complaints involve stealing your money through charge card fraud and existing false damage claims or sending you out without a spare tire in order to charge you for loosing it on return . I realize that is a very low standard to judge by but that is the level of this particular playing field in this market .

D@C , we looked for a likely bunch of LGers at the fullmoon party but couldn't see anyone . Cheers
2013/04/09 12:44:19
D@C
Hi juan rojo. Not to many showed up for the party. My wife and I we're there, chile was also there, but after we left. and a few others came. No time was set for the party, but the few that did show up had a good time!

I have an update on easyway.. Jesus e-mail me last night. The message got to him about the bad reviews. He told me that not getting the car to me was a mistake, and he will learn from that . I agreed with him that everyone makes mistakes and that I really didn't have a problem with the NO SHOW. I had a problem with the lie's that came from the phone calls and e-mail that followed. That's why we waited. That's what made me so mad!

Sometimes a bad review can be a good thing. Jesus has been getting a lot of e-mail from a lot of people worried about there reservations.
I believe that easyway will do everything possible to fix there problems!
2013/04/09 19:00:52
Beachey
It honestly looks to me like the "Mistake" was that they got caught!!!
Let's hope that maybe Jesus has actually learned about customer service in the internet age!!!

2013/04/09 20:38:53
TwirleyB
D@C, I'm glad Jesus contacted you.  I thought he would.  I'm pretty sure that the business out of the cancun office is very busy but well managed.  If its anything like my previous resort and restaurant business in high season,  where you are constantly juggling reservations for many people of diverse groups, things can get really hairy.  As much as we try to prevent them, they do occur.  Timing is everything.  
I'm not sure how much control Jesus has over the office in PDC or Tulum.  Those are usually the offices that deliver to Akumal and surrounding locations.

If its high season and you have to wait in line for your car to be ready and paperwork done then thats the way it is.  Just like waiting in line at Disneyland for the ride.  If you went to a place where the rental lot was full of cars in high season and there were no customers, wouldn't you wonder about that situation too?

Once again, I am not particularly defending Easyway  I am saying that things happen.  I was burglarized in MX in one of my fav places to stay...chit happens.  Partially our fault.  We flashed electronics on the beach and didn't lock our purses in the safe or in the bedroom with us. There was no way for anyone to know that someone would slide a child thru a 10" transom window but they did.  Did it deter me from staying there again, NO.    The owners did everything possible to secure even the remotest possble entry point and bolted the transoms shut... and chit happens.

I am sticking with the company I've done business with for years.  Easyway.  If it was not a good experience for you, try someone else for a change.  But please everyone don't panic about your reservations with Easyway.  I always double check via email or phone about 48 hrs prior to landing just to make sure my reservation wasn't lost in the flood.  Be sure to do the same. 

I did recently rent a car when flying to PHX and it did no good to call and confirm 24 hrs prior with Hertz.  Didn't get the car I reserved.  Cost was higher.  Only to discover I was given the wrong keys after I walked 2 blocks to the rental lot with my luggage.  Called in and was told they would be right out.  30 minutes later I finally took the cheap ass car I didn't want cause that was they keys they gave me.  They they tried to charge me the upgrade fee!  I have $75.00 worth of Hetz coupons if anyone wants them.  They don't work in MX and my WORST car rental experience in MX was Hertz.  The next was Budget.

D@C and Beachy, its always good to bring attention to problems and praise via the power of the people as deemed worthy.  I'm sure Easyway wants to provide excellent service and they don't know if no one tells them!
2013/04/09 23:39:22
D@C
Hi Twirley B, Long time no see, hope you are doing well. Like you, and a lot of other Loco Gringo's I have used easyway for years. and have been happy with there service. I also no that last month was busy and it was possible that I just might not get my car..The no show was not the reason for this review. It was the lie's that followed, The hotel called for me, and then I called, I was told the car was on the way and to wait. I also passed this info to another couple waiting at the hotel. I also have e-mail from easyway telling me they would take care of it.
If they would have just told us they didn't have any cars, that would have been the end of it!
Years ago because of reviews on Loco Gringo I started using easyway. After 15 trips to the Roo I still read the reviews posted. If a mistake is made , and my car is a no show , I can except that, but I will never except a lie from a company that I'm doing business with. And yes I no the saying , they don't do things in Mexico like they do in the States. A lie is a lie, and it dose not matter what country your in!!
I'm not going to talk about this anymore, easyway got the message. Let's see what they do now, I can't wait to read the reviews!!!!!!!!!!!!1
2013/04/10 01:01:36
Scott in Akumal
You know, I've heard of a few these happening here locally with Easy Way lately, and they all seem to be coming out of the Playa office. No one seems to have major problems renting at the airport. Just my 2 cents ;) Rent at the airport.
2013/04/10 09:16:44
Scott in Akumal
D@C
I would highly recommend you keep following up those guys at Easy Way until they get back to you. They should really make it right for you, but I also totally understand if you're simply done with them!
2013/04/10 12:14:32
petemilinazzo
Hey for what it's worth after reading these posts on Monday I emailed Jesus asking if everything was set for my 4/24 rental. He assured me it was and said he too had read the posts and admitted to not being perfect and that mistakes happen. I've been using Easyway for 7 or 8 years and will stick with them gong forward. I will let you know how it went after settling in.

Newport Pete
2013/04/10 13:53:14
FinsUP
With the exception of one time, we have always rented with Easyway, and we rent for the month of February. We have yet to have a bad experience. Well, last Feb, 2011, our car broke down just before the ramp up and over into Akumal Pueblo, so we called Easyway, and they came down from PDC with another car for us, and our wait was under 40 minutes.

This year, we rented again with Jesus, and happily we got a brand new Tiida - it only had 1200km on it. A beautiful little car and hopefully we'll get the same quality car next February.

Last November, I had a car for 9 days and they brought me down an automatic from Cancun, to their Tulum location. It wasn't the best of cars, but it worked. A couple of lights on on the dashboard, but I put the fear of the 'wrath of Jan' on them and was able to phone and/or text Gaudy if I had questions. They also used the car to drive me back up to the airport when I left....they did it for free, so naturally I tipped the young guy well!

2013/04/10 15:14:57
Tamie
I also emailed Jesus. Our trip is in 6 days, so I had already planned to confirm our reservation before our trip. I've sent 2 emails in the past 5 days, and I still haven't heard back from him. I am really getting concerned. I want to stick with Easyway because there were a number of reasons I chose them in the first place. Also, Jesus was so kind and helpful in previous email conversations. I am hoping this is just a mixup and I will hear back from him soon with confirmation.

I did check a few other rental companies and the pricing is comparable. I'm not giving up on Easyway yet, but I'm afraid I will have to soon if I don't hear back from them soon.
2013/04/10 16:15:14
swordfish
Glad I saw this post as it reminded me to reserve a car!!!!! Of course I reserved with Easyway because of the excellent service EVERY time in the past. D@C I am sorry for your what happened to you, but I rented from the "other" place once and got shaken down for "scratches", "low gas", etc. - all things you will never hear about at Easyway.

I understand how you feel after being lied to, but I think you will find in the long run they are an honorable business - I know I have.

Sword

2013/04/10 21:45:11
D@C
swordfish. I have also had the excellent service from easyway, but that didn't do me a damn bit a good on this trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And this is the trip that has been reviewed.
2013/04/10 22:36:35
Akumal GanG
I guess it takes one bad experience to make or break the trust we've always had with any company we've all dealt with historically.

One year ( in the past 7 years) we rented with cancunrentacar.com in Playa and it was a disaster. All other 6 years we rented through Jesus with Easyway. I have always rented with Easyway since that Playa Del Carmen "event".

I have been treated like a queen with Cancun Easyway. hahaha Not that I am anything special...but Jose, Jesus, and other staff all treat me that way. The car we reserved is as guarenteed and we never have a problem at the airport or on departure. Most times we've been upgraded without additional cost and I never have to worry about additional charges for "whatever". We always do zero deductible.

In fact, one year, my DH left his sunglasses in the rental....when the driver was taking us back to the airport, Jose called the driver and said we left sunglasses in the car. The sunglasses were not prescription and were really cheap, but our driver pulled over to the side of the road ( 307) and ran across that CRAZY traffic just to bring back my DH's sunglass'es. OMG that was so not worth the risk of life or limb. BUT we do tip graciously [:)]

Sorry for the long disertation on how great I think Easyway is...but like I said...it's all about trust. I will always use Easyway until they make me use someone else.[:D]
2013/04/10 23:37:37
TwirleyB
Tamie, here's the US number for Easyway.  Sometimes I get thru on it and sometimes not.  Emails get buried.   1-877-640-3279.  I have the strait MX # if you have any problems getting thru on this US#.
2013/04/11 09:23:27
Tamie
Thank you, TwirleyB! I just spoke with Fernando. They do have me set for Tuesday, which eases my mind a lot! Thank you for the number, I had planned to call this weekend, but that made it so much easier and I can relax now.
2013/04/11 17:42:30
gary1p
i rent from easyway 4 times a year..they have been great!
2013/04/12 08:31:13
D@C
My last reply on this!!!!! Same goes for us. We rent from easyway often, somtimes more the twice a year! Not once did we have a problem, until now. How we we're treated in the past is the reason we have continued using easyway. THIS WAS A REVIEW OF WHAT HAPPENED ON THIS TRIP!!!! We stayed at ABR for 12 days on our last trip, we talked with easyway 3 of those days Slill nothing was done to correct there MISTAKE. I am hapyyy for all that have had No problems with easyway! I am not one of those members any longer!!
Easyway did not spoil our vacation, we just lost a few hours. The rest of our trip was great!!

ABR was the best i have seen in YEARS. GOOD JOB ABR!!!!
2013/04/12 10:46:32
txgal
And all this still doesn't explain why my car rental more than doubled when I added 2 days. Making the reservation for 9 days instead of 7 more than doubled the price and the original price was more than I paid last year for 7 days too. So .....

does anyone know of another company that I can check into that I can rent in Cancun and return in Playa ?
2013/04/12 10:55:32
Bennett_L
I recently returned from my trip to HMB/ Akumal. We rented a very compact, bare bones (manual transmission, no radio) car from Easyway Car Rental. Just before we got to Akumal, I read a few negative posts about Easyway, but my experience went flawlessly. They were at the airport when and where they said they would be, charged the amount they had agreed to before I came, and wasted no time getting me back to the airport when I returned the car. I will definitely use them again.
2013/04/30 13:02:15
Roadie
This was enough to make me uneasy so I just booked our car with Cancun rent a car/Caribbean rent a car. As we are picking up at Cancun airport hopefully everything goes ok. This family vacation is for me to unwind after a very stressful period so I don't need anything to go wrong!
2013/05/04 16:08:52
shellsway2003
if this was enogh to make you uneasy it shouldnt if you read it all there are no problems with the cancun office is the playa and tulum offices that deliver to your condo or resort after you have arrived!! we have used easyway for years and just call and confirm on the phone the day before we leave and have never had a problem yet!! we will continur to use them for all our trips.
2013/05/04 16:58:02
Tamie
We had a very positive experience with Easyway. I did like Shellsway said and called a few days before. Actually, I also called the night before after our flight got cancelled and let them know we were coming in a day later and wanted to stay an extra day- it was no problem. They were right where they said they would be at the airport, and the rental process was fast and easy. They gave us all our discounts and even an extra $30 off because the tank wasn't full.

Returning the car was just as easy. No extra charges or any other problems. We rented a manual Tsuru and it ran us up and down the 307 just fine and with cold AC. We would recommend them and won't hesitate to use them in the future.
2013/05/04 23:42:52
gerber
Well, theyŕe 35 minutes late to deliver a car to ABR for us tonight. Confirmed on the phone with Jesus a week ago.... Not sure how weŕe going to get to Chichen Itza tomorrow....
2013/05/24 18:37:52
spitty1974
We have used Easyway for several years now. I emailed Jesus twice and Fernado once, and I did not hear back. I was checking to see if they could match or beat a price I got online through America car Rental. So, since I didn't hear back we went with America, 0% deductible, and they had cheaper rates just through the web over the Easyway web system. I was hoping Easyway would beat their price or match.

It is too bad, I liked using them but have recently read several posts about issues with them.

Spitty
2013/05/24 20:37:25
Vancouver Sundog
I too was looking at Easyway for an airport car rental

(PS: Airport car rental vs delivered car are two different experiences)

Was going to rent from Easy way, but their prices dramatically raised in April and Tulum Car Rental did not

As Easyway was beginning to have bad reviews here and on TA, I decided to go with Tulum Car Rental

AKA Caribbean / Cancun Car rental

Good experience but I had no issues

Only recommendation I can tell you is not to have Beachey as your navigator / joker at wild
2013/05/25 00:39:22
MysticFire
another good experience..
they gave us a pretty good discount because before we came, I “liked” them on facebook, twitter, etc.. so that was nice..
We were suppose to get just a cheap little bang around car.. But there was a pretty long wait and in the confusion they gave our car to a couple that came in after us.. We told them we were not in any hurry.. So while waiting for a new car, a family with three kids were loading up into a little Volkswagen sport van.. The woman started complaining about the car and wanted a new one- so they rental guy walks over and says this your car now! So we paid for a low end car and got a really nice one.. Sweet!
we had originally rented the car for one week- at the end of the week, I emailed Easyway and asked if we could keep the car for another 8 days.. they said no problem.. just pay when you return it.. we got the more expensive car for the same price for another week!
we will always use them from now on...
2013/05/25 12:38:01
gerber
Sitting in Valladolid now.
After a few promised times came and went we finally got the car just before 10 pm.
2013/05/25 16:19:56
FinsUP
Well, after 5 emails and finally a phone call to Jesus today, I am shocked.

Jesus just quoted me DOUBLE for next February, for what we had this February. Same car. We have rented for 1 month for the past 3 years with them, and this is unacceptable.

He also quoted me higher for a 2 week rental at the end of August, over the price I paid for a 9 day rental last November.

I even discussed all the negativity lately about Easyway. Well, it's time to start looking for another rental company because I am NOT paying double the price for a month...no way easyway
2013/06/24 20:31:33
minnjim

ORIGINAL: FinsUP

..... after .....a phone call to Jesus today, I am shocked.

.....Jesus just quoted me DOUBLE .......

Question 1: What is Jesus' area code. It's gotta be long distance.

Question 2: Whatever ya do, don't double down with Jesus!

[:)]
2013/06/24 20:58:23
BrandyL

Jesus just quoted me DOUBLE for next February, for what we had this February. Same car. We have rented for 1 month for the past 3 years with them, and this is unacceptable.

He also quoted me higher for a 2 week rental at the end of August, over the price I paid for a 9 day rental last November.

I even discussed all the negativity lately about Easyway. Well, it's time to start looking for another rental company because I am NOT paying double the price for a month...no way easyway

I had the same thing happen. I emailed to reserve our car for our 6 week trip next summer (just as we've done for years) and I was quoted almost double what we have paid for the past 6 years. With this new quote Easyway is just the same price as all the other companies. I'm in shock and don't really know who to use now. I'm not paying twice as much for the same type of car that we've always had. I was given this quote by Fernado and have emailed back to see if I can reach Jesus. Jesus has always been the one to take care of us.
2013/06/25 01:21:09
TwirleyB
Yeah,prices are higher. But I love how Brandi said that with this new price they are NOW the same as all the others. So after years of getting good deals, you are so.appreciative that you will go somewhere else.
2013/06/25 09:27:35
TwirleyB
The price of bacon in the US has more than doubled in the last 2years but we still buy it. I paid$75.00 per day last May in Phx for a rental car.
2013/06/25 09:32:33
srodrigues
After reading messages about price changes, I did some shopping for my July rental. Seems that Easyway still has the best price for what I need. I've used them for more than 8 years, with great service, and won't be changing this time either.
2013/06/25 09:36:01
txgal
The price being doubled is what I found a few months ago too. I have used them several times and has always been good - but I can get a bigger car from Thrifty at the airport for the same price Easyway wants to give me.

Wondering if anyone knows of any other car rental agencies that I can rent in Cancun and return in Playa ? Would like to shop around a bit -
2013/06/25 10:06:52
sherrys07
Thrifty at the airport will have higher taxes that you are not seeing, and will end up being more.
2013/06/25 10:10:22
Pistols02
Maybe easyway is getting complacent....the last three times we rented we got cars that were not cleaned up, one with a very dangerous seperated tire, and got some little tiny xitbox instead of the Tsuru we were quoted for, and were not offered any discount or compensation for it.... I believe they are so busy now they kinda have a "don't give a xit " attitude. Just my opinion, but that is definitely the attitude I perceive.
2013/06/25 10:16:24
txgal
my reservation shows all the taxes
2013/06/25 10:17:04
Isla Chica

ORIGINAL: juan rojo D@C , we looked for a likely bunch of LGers at the fullmoon party but couldn't see anyone . Cheers

ROFLMFAO I need to pay attention when I read... I read this as: "...but couldn't see anymore."

ORIGINAL: txgal And all this still doesn't explain why my car rental more than doubled when I added 2 days. Making the reservation for 9 days instead of 7 more than doubled the price and the original price was more than I paid last year for 7 days too. So .....

When I rented a car in Charlotte to drive to Columbia, it was MUCH cheaper (1/2) from me to return the car the next day to the airport in Cola, then re-rent for the additional week or I would have been charged the "One-way Rental" fee for EACH DAY, instead of only 1 day, vs the weekly "local return" rate.

Why don't people just get their cars at the airport upon arrival instead of having them delivered all over to different places if that doesn't seem to work?

WHY do people ask for a car to be brought to them in Akumal instead of renting one for the day or so right there?

You know, SOMEONE has to be available to take all those cars to so many different places, and from what I'm reading here, that, added to mechanical, etc issues (and the whining, "I don't like this color," blah, blah, blah...) can be quite demanding and difficult to keep up with, I imagine.
2013/06/25 11:28:04
FinsUP

ORIGINAL: BrandyL

I had the same thing happen. I emailed to reserve our car for our 6 week trip next summer (just as we've done for years) and I was quoted almost double what we have paid for the past 6 years. With this new quote Easyway is just the same price as all the other companies. I'm in shock and don't really know who to use now. I'm not paying twice as much for the same type of car that we've always had. I was given this quote by Fernado and have emailed back to see if I can reach Jesus. Jesus has always been the one to take care of us.

Exactly. How can you give a price to a loyal customer for a number of years in a row and then all of a sudden it's double, and expect them to be happy about it, or pay it. I don't think so!

Linda, as far as 'delivering' a car go, lots of the rental agencies have offices in more than one location. Easyway is in Cancun, Playa and Tulum, and if renting cars is their business, delivering them to the renter, is part of that business. they offer pick up/return locations....not just the airport. This next trip we are there for 2 weeks, but I don't really want or need a car for the full 2 weeks. Had they given me the same rate, I would have rented it- whether it sits in ABR's parking lot for a few days or not, but I was considering only renting for 5-8 days of the trip instead because I have some places I want to get to and that only happens with a car. I'm checking all the other rental places now. Which truly sucks to have to start from square one.

And as for bacon prices, nowhere near comparable to a $700 increase in a month long rental!
2013/06/25 12:22:27
txgal
I rent from Cancun airport and return to Playa because I go from Cancun to Valladolid for 3 days - then Akumal for 6 days then over to Cozumel for a week. I don't want to have to return it all the way to the airport then get a shuttle back to playa. The rental places charge a one time fee between $25 to $35 for returning it to different places.

I guess for me I was shocked when it went from $164 for 7 days to $324 for 9 days. How they can charge $180 for 2 extra days is crazy to me. Especially when I got a car last year with all insurance for less than $300 for a week.
2013/06/25 12:33:56
BrandyL

ORIGINAL: BrandyL

Exactly. How can you give a price to a loyal customer for a number of years in a row and then all of a sudden it's double, and expect them to be happy about it, or pay it. I don't think so!

Linda, as far as 'delivering' a car go, lots of the rental agencies have offices in more than one location. Easyway is in Cancun, Playa and Tulum, and if renting cars is their business, delivering them to the renter, is part of that business. they offer pick up/return locations....not just the airport. This next trip we are there for 2 weeks, but I don't really want or need a car for the full 2 weeks. Had they given me the same rate, I would have rented it- whether it sits in ABR's parking lot for a few days or not, but I was considering only renting for 5-8 days of the trip instead because I have some places I want to get to and that only happens with a car. I'm checking all the other rental places now. Which truly sucks to have to start from square one.

And as for bacon prices, nowhere near comparable to a $700 increase in a month long rental!

Thats exactly how I feel. We've rented from them numerous times and have sent a lot of business their way. I understand price increases, but to more than double up on someone is a big deal. This adds a lot to a 6 week rental. I guess they are just too busy these days. Oh well, we will have a great time anyway. I don't really need the rental for a full 6 weeks and would like to be able to pick and choose the days I really need a car. Does Anyone know anything about the little car rental place that is actually in Akumal?
2013/06/25 17:13:30
cmooresun
So we are here in Akumal killing time waiting for our transfer to the airport so I thought I would post my experience with Easyway. Rates-yes they have gone up, but when I researched before our trip they were still the least expensive and that was before my cash discount and LG discount. We have used Easyway for all of our trips to Akumal, but I can't say I know anyone that works there so we don't get any special treatment.

On this trip we decided to have the rental delivered and picked up from our villa (we have never done this before). Pre trip I dealt with Jesus via email and confirmed with him two days before our trip. On our arrival date the car I requested was delivered within 10 minutes of the time I had requested by Jaime from the Tulum office. Talk about a pleasant surprise! I would have been happy if it had been an hour late, it is Mexico time after all[:)]. I tipped him ten dollars US. He confirmed the pickup time with me. Today Jaime arrived 5 minutes early from my requested pick up time. I was shocked-in a very good way! Excellent service!

All in all I had a wonderful experience with Easyway and would recommend them to anyone[:D]
2013/06/26 10:48:50
el gran chico
.... but when I researched before our trip they were still the least expensive ....

Bingo! [;)] For those that have left Easyway for some place else, I'd love to hear (and I'd suspect others would to) what the better alternatives are. If Easyway is so much more expensive and there aren't better alternatives, it may be time to seek out new vacation spots for us of better value.

2013/06/26 11:07:08
cb1
I agree with Twirls.
2013/06/26 13:13:20
txgal
Well for me a major concern is the service has gone down and the price has gone up. Not a good mix. I emailed 4 days ago about my reservation and still haven't received a reply. That doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling that I will have a car when I arrive. I sure don't want to start my vacation standing around with my luggage wondering if I have a car reserved or not.
2013/06/26 19:14:59
snake114
Just returned from a week in ABR, and rented from Easyway. Pickup from the airport was reasonably prompt. We had reserved a Nissan Tilda automatic, but were given a manual instead- no other automatics on the lot except for a much smaller car that would never have fit our family of 4 and 4 suitcases. They knocked $20 off the rental for having to take the manual, but offered no other cash or locogringo discount when I inquired. I made do- while it has been more than 25 years, I had driven a manual a few times in my youth, and made do without too much difficulty. Staff was friendly, and the return process was quick and painless.

2013/06/29 13:33:35
Nacho Libre
We got the best price from Budget BUT when we showed up to pick up the car, the bank put a fraud hold on our card and since it was after hours, no luck fixing it (my mistake). We had enough cash for the rental and deposit but they do not take cash...at all. The guy behind the counter even tried to be able to use HIS card for us but mgmt said no. Ended up taking Cancun Shuttle to Akumal and Easy Way brought us a car the next day. Lesser car but still ok for a little more than Budget. It seemed to make a big difference to reserve through Budget at least a couple weeks in advance. You can do this online. I think it was $126 base for a VW 4 door automatic plus $16 per day for the required insurance for 11 days.
2013/06/29 17:03:09

Comments are closed.

© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5