2011/07/13 11:03:45
Wifey

About Loco Gringo/The Booking Site

I noticed some posts here today with folks stating they did not know LG is a booking site.  [8|]

Well...... it is!  And...IMO they are the VERY BEST booking site I have ever worked with.  They respond to emails promptly, work hard to honor special requests, answer questions etc.  They ALWAYS take great care of their customers. 

That being said, it is worth a few extra bucks (and it is not always more money, LG has some pretty good deals) for me to book through LG.  [:)]

Trip number 7 coming up!! Thank you LG and staff for always being easy to work with and doing it well!  [:D][:D]

52 comments Leave a comment
playaguya
And as I posted a few days ago, there are now also a few hotel reviews to help people with their choices....
2011/07/13 11:42:22
crunch
Love booking condos through them when we go to Akumal.

I have been here a loooong time and i must admit I didn't realize for the 1st couple years that this was a booking site![:o][:D]
2011/07/13 13:19:24
longing4sun
Although I've used the LG site for many years as a travel forum, this is the first time I've booked my entire trip thru them, and they've been great!  Quick e-mail responses with all questions answered.  I've used several other sites for previous bookings....won't name names...but often I wondered if they even had my reservation as it would take so long to get a response.  Love them!
2011/07/13 13:24:11
Jamie
Always had great service from them with prompt responses and answers to any questions I've had. Plus I really like the fact that if there should be any kind of problem, they are there in Akumal, and I'm not calling some number to try and sort things out with someone far away who does not know the area (and anyway I have never taken a cell phone except for the last trip).
2011/07/13 13:41:39
longing4sun
ORIGINAL: Jamie

Always had great service from them with prompt responses and answers to any questions I've had. Plus I really like the fact that if there should be any kind of problem, they are there in Akumal, and I'm not calling some number to try and sort things out with someone far away who does not know the area (and anyway I have never taken a cell phone except for the last trip).

Yes, this is awesome!!  I am taking my mother this trip who is of an...ahem...advanced age, and she is HIGH maintenance, so it's comforting to know someone from LG is nearby in case we need something.  [:)] 
2011/07/13 13:47:04
heatlw
I used LG to book ABR for our next trip.  Great experience, great price.

Now if only I can get them to come to Canada and pick me up now, and house me until then, life would be perfect.
2011/07/13 13:56:39
margaritamamma
Can't say enough about how great LocoGringo is as a booking agent for accomodation.
They do not do planes but they can arrange transportation from and to the airport.
Always been top notch and so helpful.

2011/07/13 16:02:46
Tortuga Tom
Our last 6 trips have been thru LG and they've been flawless. They really shine when problems crop up (like hurricanes[:@]) and changes need to be made quickly. Absolutely awesome customer service. 
2011/07/13 16:17:07
NIowan
Just booked our 4th trip to the ABR through LG....excellent no problemos!  Always been great to work with, hoping to keep this a  longterm relationship!!!!
[:D]
2011/07/13 16:38:17
snowbound
They've always treated us right...
LG reservations guy Bart Guynes rocks!!![:D][:D][:D]

Snow(so what if I want to arrive Tuesday at 3:00 am?)bound
2011/07/13 19:48:16
Wifey
Bumping this back up as I see several threads that have been started by newbies asking for booking information.

USE LOCO GRINGO!!  You will not be disappointed.  [:D]
2011/10/21 11:11:30
amouROO
never booked through LG yet but wondering how it is working with money exchanged and few other things??

my travel agency is having very good deals....better than the web sometimes :P:P
2011/10/21 11:17:47
John in DC
amouROO, it's all done by credit card, so the exchange rate is not really a compelling factor. It's whatever the bank rate is.
2011/10/21 11:46:25
caribbean_queen
I wish LG booked packages that included airfare.  Coming from Canada I find the best deal is usually with a tour operator where the airfare is included in the package price. 
I hear ALOT of good things with LG and would love to book through them.......so please LG....for us Canadians.....offer some package deals that include airfare.  [:)]
2011/10/21 13:20:58
Gary
Whoa, from me and Kay, you guys are so awesome to speak out like this! And if I can interject here and give credit where credit is due. Our SALES STAFF TOTALLY ROCKS.

Come spring we hope to bring you air/ accommodation packages for select hotel and ai's, in the RM and lots of other places. Now if I could just figure out how to make some money off that webcam....?? Big surprise, it's far and away LG's most popular page. And no, it will never be pay-per-view! [;)]
2011/10/21 15:44:00
neilalex
ORIGINAL: Gary

. Now if I could just figure out how to make some money off that webcam....?? Big surprise, it's far and away LG's most popular page. And no, it will never be pay-per-view! [;)]

It may annoy us but we would understand if you put advertisments that show up when you view the cam, this would be mainly for the other places that link to the webcam (like the Weather Network)

What I really love is that you are welcomed weither you book with LG or not,.  A time will come when a condo will come into play or we take a flight from the US and I already know where to go...
2011/10/21 17:03:11
tut69
It not only fights from Canada, in the states it is the same if you book the resort and flight together you save about $300 on the airfare. If you booking a condo or a beach house you will have to purchase airfare alone.
I would be great if they could get hooked up with the airlines and/or charter.
2011/10/21 17:31:07
Tortuga Tom
Whoa, from me and Kay, you guys are so awesome to speak out like this!

We just call 'em the way we see 'em! [;)]

2011/10/21 17:42:40
Tortuga Tom
ORIGINAL: tut69

It not only fights from Canada, in the states it is the same if you book the resort and flight together you save about $300 on the airfare. If you booking a condo or a beach house you will have to purchase airfare alone.
I would be great if they could get hooked up with the airlines and/or charter.

That's not always true, I've been able to do better booking separately for quite some time. You just have to do your homework. [:)]
2011/10/21 17:44:14
tut69
Maybe you can work out airfare that is non-stop that is cheaper, but I am a direct flight person and/or charter. Time is money to me, I don't like to sit around airports listening to all the complaints and drink $15 drinks. You don't lose you luggage and you don't have to worry about missing your connections and I have done alot of research and have not found a better deal booking flights and resorts separate, I am not talking about condo and house retails. I would love to see what you use to save money on resort bookings that are non-stop. Post me some links please. I fly out of MSP.
2011/10/21 18:55:57
margaritamamma
We are Canadian and we book airline seperately and book accomodation through LG because we want the Villa Maya Bungalows - no one in Canada offers that in a package. It is what we want and I don't think we get hosed.
We used to do packages which were airfare and AI (Playa del Carnen) but we now get to choose where we stay and then we spend what we want ton food and booze . We have found comparing the 2 choices that we are getting what we want booking seperately and do not spend nearly the same amount as when we went package deal.

Personal choices - not for everyone.

LG bookings rock.
2011/10/21 19:00:02
Tortuga Tom
ORIGINAL: tut69

Maybe you can work out airfare that is non-stop that is cheaper, but I am a direct flight person and/or charter. Time is money to me, I don't like to sit around airports listening to all the complaints and drink $15 drinks. You don't lose you luggage and you don't have to worry about missing your connections and I have done alot of research and have not found a better deal booking flights and resorts separate, I am not talking about condo and house retails. I would love to see what you use to save money on resort bookings that are non-stop. Post me some links please. I fly out of MSP.

I always book direct flights for the same reasons you mention. Vacation time is too valuable to spend getting there. We stay A/I. I use many of the search engines and sign up for e-mail alerts. ****, Kayak, BestFares, SideStep etc. I also check the airlines sites. Regularly and usually for months before I book. This last trip I booked during the short period after the FAA shut down and the taxes no longer applied and before the carriers boosted their rates to make up the difference....only two weeks before our trip. A couple of trips ago I found an insanely cheap rate in Feb. for our trip in Sept. Sometimes it falls into your lap and other times you have to work for it.
For our trip this Sept. the Big Red Fruit would have cost about $40 more pp. That's peanuts but if there's a problem LG is right there on site and Apple is somewhere in cyberspace. I had a major problem with a past trip....hurricane....and LG dealt with it perfectly before I knew it. That peace of mind is also very valuable.

BTW- We fly from Philly, maybe that makes a difference?

2011/10/21 19:25:43
John in DC
Call me a spendthrift, but I gladly pay extra not to stay in a hotel.[:)]
2011/10/21 20:36:20
barata
When we have enough airline credits we'll definitely book through LG - so many RAVES about the great service, wonderful staff, and my own personal opinions of Kay through LG meet'n'greets. But from Canada the package deals are still the cheapest way to go thanks to the government imposed taxes.
2011/10/21 20:44:48
nipper
Yes, from Canada to stay in an AI, a package is usually cheaper.
Last year though, we wanted to stay at the hotel (HAC) and also take a few days to check out Xcalak. We found flights, which we had our TA book for us, and then booked accomodations with LG. One email  booked HAC, Costa de Cocos and then back to HAC. Smooth and easy. All in all, the total cost was very near what we would have paid just for an AI package.
We're hooked and we've done it again for 2012!
2011/10/22 06:17:57
Kitchop
We've booked accommodations in Akumal six times now through LG and wouldn't consider booking any other way when coming to the area that LG covers. I only wish they covered Isla Mujeres and Cozumel too. We've done both AI and non-AI through LG. Our favorite place to stay is non-AI: HAC.

I think LG is a prime example of what a customer/service-based business should be. They are absolutely awesome in the service they provide. They're accessible. They communicate with us quickly. We've always gotten exactly what we wanted. And twice when there were sudden emergencies (the fire at ABR and emergency surgery at home), LG rocked in how they handled it, both times making very stressful situations into no problems.

We've been lucky with airfare because we've always been able to book inexpensive direct non-stop flights out of NYC directly with JetBlue. I recommend LG and JetBlue to anyone who wants to go to the Akumal area from NYC.
2011/10/22 11:07:24
Suzanna_Tejas
I agree with Wifey. I love booking with Locogringo....they are so GREAT to deal with!
2011/10/23 14:31:00
amouROO
thank you John!! [:)]
2011/10/24 11:15:59
Xelly
Last year, I got a chunk of change back from taxes and a bunch of friends I hadn't met (in person yet) were all talking about going to Akumal on the LG boards. So I talked to one of those friends I hadn't met yet and we worked out me staying with her at the ABR. She had already booked through Loco Gringo. So, we asked Loco Gringo if I could be added to her accommodation and they worked it all out. All I had to do was call up and give my credit card number and VOILA. It was one of the best vacAtions of my life and I met some of my best friends there. Not sure I ever thanked Loco Gringo properly for theextra miles they went for me, but HERE IT IS NOW.....

THANK YOU, KAY ET AL
2011/10/24 21:59:35
turtle foot
Loco Gringo is fast and friendly,thanks Bart. I had to add one more day to our trip,(dang). And Bart made it happen.
We will use Loco Gringo again for sure. Thanks Kay for hooking us up.[;)]

Be there soon. Les & Char
2011/10/29 10:10:57
Wifey
BUMP! 
2011/11/07 13:52:00
rucruizin
I'm anxiously awaiting a reply from them right now. This is not happening fast enough to keep me from going crazy!
2011/11/16 09:57:06
Wifey
ORIGINAL: rucruizin

I'm anxiously awaiting a reply from them right now. This is not happening fast enough to keep me from going crazy!

Patience grasshopper.  [;)]
2011/11/16 10:08:14
heatlw
I needed to make changes to my booking this year, and Scott + the team at LG have been absolutely amazing.

I even used the 'live chat' option to ask a question and that was a great experience as well.

Can't wait to get there, to my ABR..............
2011/11/18 10:09:12
Wifey
I even used the 'live chat' option to ask a question and that was a great experience as well.

When did they start "live chat"?  That's cool!!  I need to check it out.
2011/11/18 11:29:29
AKUMALATION
just a great big thank you to the LG crew and the group at La bahai, the Casa Maya was an awesome villa to spend a week in and we will return. The service and the people were were awesome. Thank you again.
2011/11/21 11:13:58
CaptainEirik
ORIGINAL: Tortuga Tom

Our last 6 trips have been thru LG and they've been flawless. They really shine when problems crop up (like hurricanes[:@]) and changes need to be made quickly. Absolutely awesome customer service. 

That is what it is all about. Anyone can be nice before the sale is made, but if problems crop up, that is the real test.

We had a smidgen of an experience, When it came time to leave from the Reef, about five minutes 'till our transfer was supposed to arrive, a minivan pulled up, and it was a lady from LG. So she was right there making sure that everything went smoothly, even when we were leaving. Well according to my watch, the transfer van showed up on the minute that they were supposed to.
2011/12/11 20:29:32
CaptainEirik
ORIGINAL: Kitchop

We've booked accommodations in Akumal six times now through LG and wouldn't consider booking any other way when coming to the area that LG covers. I only wish they covered Isla Mujeres and Cozumel too. We've done both AI and non-AI through LG. Our favorite place to stay is non-AI: HAC.

I think LG is a prime example of what a customer/service-based business should be. They are absolutely awesome in the service they provide. They're accessible. They communicate with us quickly. We've always gotten exactly what we wanted. And twice when there were sudden emergencies (the fire at ABR and emergency surgery at home), LG rocked in how they handled it, both times making very stressful situations into no problems.

I totally agree .

We originally booked an AI, and did it on our own. But we started reading, between the lackluster reviews of the place we were thinking of, and the helpfulness of the LG staff, we decided to cancel our original booking. One of the great things is having the pictures to know what everything looks like, no guessing.

There were no worries once we arrived in Cancun, and we won't be booking with anyone else when we go back!
2011/12/11 20:42:50
Maggie
LG is the ONLY way to go!

Cheers-
Kat
2011/12/11 20:46:51
Beachey
ORIGINAL: Maggie

LG is the ONLY way to go!

Cheers-
Kat

Fer sure. There are no others who compare!!![:)]
2011/12/24 23:31:06
mushmorten
Couldn't agree with Wifey more !! Cindy at Loco Gringo Reservations was awesome !! She responded to all my emails very quickly and helped me in any way possible.

You won't go wrong with them. Here's their address: reservations@locogringo.com

Good Luck !!
2012/02/01 16:36:19
tworth
We just books our 3 year with Loco Gringo, this year there will be 5 of us Girls who knows how many we will get to go next year, no matter how many i know Kay will help us find the rightplace for the right price!
2012/02/21 21:45:38
netman
I dealt with Loco Gringo for this years trip as Westjet did not do an AI to ABR. I booked the ABR as well as the airport transfers and everything was flawless and painless. Everything was responded to quickly and professionally. I would not hesitate in the least to use them again. 
2012/03/08 22:53:12
fyrfytr
I'm going to investigate this - worth anything to get back to ABR :-)
2012/03/25 18:27:12
PamF
Any ideas on how long to get a response on a reservation request submitted via the 'reservations' tab?
2012/05/18 09:23:26
TexasDan
I've always gotten responses within 24 hours.  How long has it been?

ORIGINAL: PamF

Any ideas on how long to get a response on a reservation request submitted via the 'reservations' tab?
2012/05/18 09:50:57
Wifey

ORIGINAL: TexasDan

I've always gotten responses within 24 hours.  How long has it been?

ORIGINAL: PamF

Ditto. Someone usually responds within 24 hours of receipt of you inquiry unless it is over the weekend.

Check your junk mail. Sometimes filters will send responses there.
2012/05/18 09:53:56
PamF
Just a day; I was just curious. No problem [:D]
2012/05/18 11:42:54
happytobeme
Another happy camper who used LG. Replies were same day! was happy to

have Cindy as my agent too.Really quick and very helpful.
2013/02/08 20:16:33
LaurainPA
I agree. Been booking with them for the last few years, after almost 30 visits to the RM, I'm sorry I didn't use them sooner!!

Been really happy with them so far, doing a condo in PA again next week through LG, and communicating with them has been smooth and easy:)
2013/02/25 09:12:52
Pablito
We have used LG many times over the years. Their service has been great! Unlike many others who used this site for the forums, not realizing it was a booking site, we used it strictly for booking and never explored the rest of the site. We did not know of the forums existence until some crazy Canadian, juan rojo. told us about it in 2013. I felt pretty stupid!
I believe I met one of the owners when they were first starting LG. I was staying at a condo in Aventuras Akumal when they came there to do videos and photos. I thought this was a great idea. Enough of my babble...use LG for your MX adventures![:D]
2014/01/20 08:43:39

Comments are closed.

© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5